I finally saw This is It.....
March 15, 2010, 01:15:06 AM
I finally had a chance to see the movie this weekend.  I thought it was good but very different from what I expected.  I thought MJ would be dancing more in the movie but he really didn't do that much.  He danced to Smooth Criminal, Thriller, and Beat it, Billy Jean and some random dance moves here and there.  I was surprised when he did Billy Jean he didn't even do the moon walk.  I also noticed that when he has on the orange pants he is off in his dancing and he sings ahead of the music.  It's like he was having an off day.  From my observation MJ seem to be in good health but I can tell that all the years of dancing has affected his legs.  He doesn't flow in his dance like he use to but that could be attributed to age and the fact that he's been out the game for awhile.  However, he's still a good performer.  I think this movie was to showcase MJ's creativity anyway and not his performance.  The vision he had and the direction he gave was great.  I love when he tells Orianthi to play the guitar and he guides her with his voice and tells her it's her time to shine.  I also like the interaction with MJ and Michael Beardon the keyboardist.  MJ tells him to slow down the song so that it sounds like the record.  You can tell that they had a real friendship like that's his homeboy because he's not afraid to speak his mind and joke around with MJ.  He's like you need to do the sound check yourself and something about putting some booty into it.  Then MJ like that's funny and Michael Beardon like yeah you know what I'm talking about.  That was cute.  I like the interaction with the lady that sings with him too on I can't stop loving you.  That girl can sing.  There were 5 things that stood out to me in the beginning the dancers are crying but not about MJ passing their just crying because they are thankful for the experience to work with him.  Also they showed the J5 segment why wasn't his brothers there during rehearsals since they were suppose to be a part of the show?  Also when MJ is in the circle with Kenny O.,Travis Payne, Michael Beardon and the dancers MJ's all giving a special message while Kenny O. looks down all emotional.  Also Michael Beardon and Travis Payne look emotional too while MJ is talking like they know something.  Then at the end I notice they don't mention anything about MJ's passing they just say the movie is dedicated to his kids and then it says I love you Michael.  Lastly they thanked the O2 arena for what he didn't actually perform there.  I just found those things interesting.  Anyway I don't think there were doubles in the movie.  I think it was all MJ.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: I finally saw This is It.....
March 15, 2010, 01:27:26 AM
WOW. I must say that you have discipline and willpower to have waited so long. There have been many online bootleg copies floating around since the movie was released. I can refer to a sight if you want to have an online copy to see it again.

Quote from: "msteetee34"
I finally had a chance to see the movie this weekend.  I thought it was good but very different from what I expected.  I thought MJ would be dancing more in the movie but he really didn't do that much.  He danced to Smooth Criminal, Thriller, and Beat it, Billy Jean and some random dance moves here and there.  I was surprised when he did Billy Jean he didn't even do the moon walk.  I also noticed that when he has on the orange pants he is off in his dancing and he sings ahead of the music.  It's like he was having an off day.  From my observation MJ seem to be in good health but I can tell that all the years of dancing has affected his legs.  He doesn't flow in his dance like he use to but that could be attributed to age and the fact that he's been out the game for awhile.  However, he's still a good performer.  I think this movie was to showcase MJ's creativity anyway and not his performance.  The vision he had and the direction he gave was great.  I love when he tells Orianthi to play the guitar and he guides her with his voice and tells her it's her time to shine.  I also like the interaction with MJ and Michael Beardon the keyboardist.  MJ tells him to slow down the song so that it sounds like the record.  You can tell that they had a real friendship like that's his homeboy because he's not afraid to speak his mind and joke around with MJ.  He's like you need to do the sound check yourself and something about putting some booty into it.  Then MJ like that's funny and Michael Beardon like yeah you know what I'm talking about.  That was cute.  I like the interaction with the lady that sings with him too on I can't stop loving you.  That girl can sing.  There were 5 things that stood out to me in the beginning the dancers are crying but not about MJ passing their just crying because they are thankful for the experience to work with him.  Also they showed the J5 segment why wasn't his brothers there during rehearsals since they were suppose to be a part of the show?  Also when MJ is in the circle with Kenny O.,Travis Payne, Michael Beardon and the dancers MJ's all giving a special message while Kenny O. looks down all emotional.  Also Michael Beardon and Travis Payne look emotional too while MJ is talking like they know something.  Then at the end I notice they don't mention anything about MJ's passing they just say the movie is dedicated to his kids and then it says I love you Michael.  Lastly they thanked the O2 arena for what he didn't actually perform there.  I just found those things interesting.  Anyway I don't think there were doubles in the movie.  I think it was all MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 01:42:54 AM
Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
WOW. I must say that you have discipline and willpower to have waited so long. There have been many online bootleg copies floating around since the movie was released. I can refer to a sight if you want to have an online copy to see it again.

Yeah I know I've been wanting to see it.  I heard it was coming on demand so I was like I'm gonna order it so I can finally see it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tina K.

March 15, 2010, 01:56:41 AM
I wasen't gonna buy it, cause I wont support Sony, but then my mum bought it to me... She mean it well, so I just said thanks :?  But then I saw it, and I was dissapointed. I think it's Michael all the way, but sometimes he act real strange, when he dance. He never before, had all those big arm moves... he looks kinda confused sometimes, like he dont know which dance move to do :(  I dont know if he really was ill or something, but this is NOT the Michael from before, not at all. When the movie was over I thought, that he looked like he knew, that it was never going to happen anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michael I love you allways.

March 15, 2010, 02:05:29 AM
Quote from: "Tina K."
I wasen't gonna buy it, cause I wont support Sony, but then my mum bought it to me... She mean it well, so I just said thanks :?  But then I saw it, and I was dissapointed. I think it's Michael all the way, but sometimes he act real strange, when he dance. He never before, had all those big arm moves... he looks kinda confused sometimes, like he dont know which dance move to do :(  I dont know if he really was ill or something, but this is NOT the Michael from before, not at all. When the movie was over I thought, that he looked like he knew, that it was never going to happen anyway.

Tina K., I agree that he was dancing diferently but I think he may have had some issues with his legs from my observation.  He moved his upper body alot more than his lower body. I think he really was dancing strange when he had on the orange pants but to me he was acting normal and he seem healthy just danced different.  I think age could be a factor too.  I feel MJ wasn't prepared to do a concert especially that many shows but he had a great vision and creativity in the movie.  I feel MJ, Kenny O. and a few others knew it wasn't going to really be a concert tour but movie instead.  That's my personal opinion.  Everything just lined up to well the This is it conference held a O2 arena, then the movie This is it and there just happens to be a song Mj did in the past called This is it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tina K.

March 15, 2010, 02:12:56 AM
Quote from: "Tina K."

Tina K., I agree that he was dancing diferently but I think he may have had some issues with his legs from my observation.  He moved his upper body alot more than his lower body. I think he really was dancing strange when he had on the orange pants but to me he was acting normal and he seem healthy just danced different.  I think age could be a factor too.  I feel MJ wasn't prepared to do a concert especially that many shows but he had a great vision and creativity in the movie.  I feel MJ, Kenny O. and a few others knew it wasn't going to really be a concert tour but movie instead.  That's my personal opinion.  Everything just lined up to well the This is it conference held a O2 arena, then the movie This is it and there just happens to be a song Mj did in the past called This is it.
Yes your right ;)  it probaly was planned this way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michael I love you allways.

March 15, 2010, 02:13:45 AM
I'm pretty certain the man wearing orange/pink pants is a body double/stand in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

March 19, 2010, 11:23:09 AM
I waited until the DVD came out myself. Couldnt bring myself to go to the theatre as i know i would be bawling all over everyone and not be able to enjoy it. This way at home i can watch it again and again which i have!

However it just came on Bell demand (pay per view on my TV) for only $4.95 so i may watch it

Is the in theatre version a bit different from the DVD at all???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael