Re: The Oscars In Memory List MJ
March 08, 2010, 01:24:03 PM
I just read on Larry King's most recent blog re Michael, that Michael was the only person on the memoriam list at the Oscar's that did not have a "title" beneath his name (eg. director, actor, technician, etc.)  I apologize if this has been discussed already.  Didn't really have the time to read through all of these posts.  Could this be a clue?  I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2010, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: "mjintrigue2012"
I just read on Larry King's most recent blog re Michael, that Michael was the only person on the memoriam list at the Oscar's that did not have a "title" beneath his name (eg. director, actor, technician, etc.)  I apologize if this has been discussed already.  Didn't really have the time to read through all of these posts.  Could this be a clue?  I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Mjintrugue:
Yes, this is mentioned in this post. We are pondering it and think that it has significance. When you have time, please read the other posts above. I added something that I think is significant too!  It all is very interesting.....not only which is presented but that of which is omitted!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

March 08, 2010, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: "michaelsupporter"

Mjintrugue:
Yes, this is mentioned in this post. We are pondering it and think that it has significance. When you have time, please read the other posts above. I added something that I think is significant too!  It all is very interesting.....not only which is presented but that of which is omitted!!!!!

Thankyou.  I will look at the above posts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xsy

March 08, 2010, 01:41:51 PM
Guys not EVERYONE can be included in the hoax! that would be too risky. So you think the oscar-event-managers are into the hoax? i don´t think so...

Sad they forgot Farrah... with the excuse they can´t mention everyone who died last year, because of time pressure..
That shows there were people who just didn´t think about..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

March 08, 2010, 01:47:31 PM
Yes,he was included in the memorium list,so? just think that not everyone is aware of the hoax,for them Michael Jackson-king of pop is dead,do you really think that all those people know that he is alive,c'mon it's impossible,so this means absolutely nothin'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

March 08, 2010, 01:50:47 PM
Quote from: "Xsy"
Guys not EVERYONE can be included in the hoax! that would be too risky. So you think the oscar-event-managers are into the hoax? i don´t think so...

Sad they forgot Farrah... with the excuse they can´t mention everyone who died last year, because of time pressure..
YEAH U R RIGHT ,IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO BE IN ON THE HOAX.... THERE WOULD BE  HAND PICKED PEOPLE INTO THIS CAUSE THIS IS NOT A CHILD'S PLAY.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2010, 01:57:16 PM
Quote from: "Xsy"

it doesn't necessarily mean that these people have to be in on the hoax if that someone working on the memorial bit simply just gets ordered to do so, with approval of the board by someone else high ranking. mj pretty much knows everybody in the entertainment business, so all he needs is a 'friend' there. and they did 'forget' him at the grammy's, so there was a good reason to include him in the oscar-memorial-list, which is for entertainers in general, i believe, but michael still looks weird in there...let's see which category he's gonna be in next year... :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

March 08, 2010, 03:32:09 PM
Apparently, people are upset that they left Farrah off (but included MJ).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oscar's 'In Memoriam': Where was Farrah?

The "In Memoriam" section has become an awards show staple: tasteful music played under images of the past year's notable dearly departed in that particular industry.

There will always be disagreements over the length of the piece, who rated highest on the "death-meter" with the most applause, the music (I'm a huge James Taylor fan, but I heard from people who thought his rendition of "In My Life" was inappropriate or otherwise off) ... and most of all, who is included and who is left out.

This year, the last strains of James' guitar were still lingering and the Oscar telecast had barely gone to commercial when I started hearing from friends: "Where was Farrah Fawcett?"
The Academy's reaction to the avalanche of criticism that followed was predictable, and reasonable: they can't include everybody.

That said, presumably there are standards to determine who makes the cut and who doesn't.  Obviously, fame is one of those criteria.  On the other hand, the Oscar death roll always includes executives, writers, directors, and other less-famous folk who had significant film industry roles, so obviously there's a balance to be struck.  For instance, Bea Arthur did almost exclusively television, with just a few movie credits in her six-decade career, so it made sense that the Emmys saluted her last fall, but the Oscars did not.

That brings us to (deep breath ... bracing for hate mail from his fans ...) Michael Jackson.  His death last June, just a few hours after Fawcett's, overshadowed hers in the news, and now it seems it's happened again.  Yes, Farrah was known largely for "Charlie's Angels" and such TV movies as "The Burning Bed," but she was in plenty of movies, including "Dr. T. and the Women," "The Apostle," "Man of the House," "See You In The Morning," "Extremities," "The Cannonball Run," "Saturn 3" and "Logan's Run."  Okay, maybe some of those films were better candidates for the Razzies than the Oscars, but let's consider Jackson's big-screen credits: "The Wiz," "This Is It," and... um... that "Men in Black II" cameo.  Suddenly, Farrah's list looks a lot better.

Read the comments  on the article.  They are not very friendly...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

March 08, 2010, 03:50:48 PM
Quote from: "Laura"
And they did not specify what he was: actor, producer..nothing! Just his name!! all soooooooooooooooooooooooo weird  :x

:o     I didn't notice that! Wow....wth????????????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

March 08, 2010, 04:05:47 PM
I'm not losing hope about this....

just remember that the he wasn't included in memoriam list of the Grammys...and the grammys producer is a good friend of Mj..and they met on June 24th for whatever...

So I'm not wondering about him being on the oscars memoriam list
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

March 08, 2010, 05:05:49 PM
I feel that it's a clue also. Notice what they had on the screen.  The Wiz => Follow the yellow brick road, Thriller=> Resurrection and the pic of MJ from his Black and White (part when he is turning from a tiger to himself and he starts breaking windows out of the car, etc.) extended video. Also, Ken Ehrlich is the executive producer for the Grammys and Oscars and a dear friend of MJ's. He did meet with MJ the day before is so call death. MJ was an entertainer, Musician, songwriter and actor. Maybe we should look at The Wiz, Thriller and Black and White video. I wish they could've added Farah Fawcett and Bea Arthur. They added Brittany Murphy. IMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2010, 05:31:50 PM
OK Everyone,

I am somewhat perplexed by this because the Oscars celebrates movies-----directors, producers and actors. We all know that MJ was an actor; however, he clearly was an entertainer and musician first and foremost, and frankly stated, that is how he is perceived by the general population. Why is he overlooked on the memorial listing at the Grammy award show----respected by his own cohorts (other musicians) YET shows up being "respected" by a collection of people he doesn't generally "hang with", so to speak. And, to top it off.....the brief spotlight (images of) shows Michael in "The Wiz" and performing in "Thriller".  Uhhhum........has everyone forgotten the documentary "This Is it"??????  After all, this is what has drawn so much attention to Michael since his "death":  his producing/acting in this art form. Hence, they should have featured, in my opinion, a pic of him in his latest work to place greater validity to it.  I just cannot believe it!  Doesn't anyone else think like me?  Why, again, aren't they featuring the present day material.  Odd, to me, to say the least.  I am ferklempt!!!!!

I thought they should have included the smooth criminal scene from this is it...the 3D bit
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2010, 05:40:29 PM
OK Everyone,

I am somewhat perplexed by this because the Oscars celebrates movies-----directors, producers and actors. We all know that MJ was an actor; however, he clearly was an entertainer and musician first and foremost, and frankly stated, that is how he is perceived by the general population. Why is he overlooked on the memorial listing at the Grammy award show----respected by his own cohorts (other musicians) YET shows up being "respected" by a collection of people he doesn't generally "hang with", so to speak. And, to top it off.....the brief spotlight (images of) shows Michael in "The Wiz" and performing in "Thriller".  Uhhhum........has everyone forgotten the documentary "This Is it"??????  After all, this is what has drawn so much attention to Michael since his "death":  his producing/acting in this art form. Hence, they should have featured, in my opinion, a pic of him in his latest work to place greater validity to it.  I just cannot believe it!  Doesn't anyone else think like me?  Why, again, aren't they featuring the present day material.  Odd, to me, to say the least.  I am ferklempt!!!!!

I agree! They showed the wiz & smooth criminal or thriller in the SAG awards in memorium too. As if he hasn't done anything since then  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2010, 05:43:15 PM
ok i'm just going to say...their "not enough time" excuse is bullshit. [kids reading this, ignore the language]
they don't have enough time to include 2 legendary actresses, but they have enough time to do a MONTAGE RECAP OF EVERYONE THEY LISTED (omitting michael...that's another story).
also, they put in a JOURNALIST and PUBLIC RELATIONS representative? Academy, are you serious? no offense to those who have passed away, i'm sure they were wonderful people and very respected within the industry but this entire memorial thing is so off.

the michael in the memorial thing (i finally got to watch it after skipping the oscars drama) is odd. odd odd odd odd odd. he didn't have a title (as previously mentioned)-what? i read in a previous post that the audio was off so you couldn't hear clapping. no, you couldn't hear clapping in the first few milliseconds because everyone in the kodak theater was going...."HUH" (it was the same reaction for the journalist and pr men). this whole thing is weird, and in my opinion, inappropriate. i pray to god that the Academy isn't in on this hoax and just assume michael has died. otherwise, i think using a memorial- meant to remember people who have given a lot to the community and the wonderful jobs they have done- as another ploy in a magnificent hoax is highly disrespectful.

this whole thing is odd. he's name in the list. the song played. the choices they picked for that list. i feel like i don't even know what is going on anymore.

MICHAEL- why are you doing this to me?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

March 08, 2010, 05:49:59 PM
Sorry but Ken Ehrlich someone has stated is the producer for both the Oscars & the Grammys & he is a friend of MJ's. Everyone talking about Farrah being left out of the in memorium sounds a lot like all of us & other fans when MJ was left off the in memorium at the Grammys. I think this guy noticed people being upset that MJ wasn't mentioned & is now doing damage control. By leaving out Farrah & Bea he is proving the point, it's not that big of a deal that Michael was left off the list, it happens. & MJ was included because he was left out of the last one at the Grammys. I don't see why you think this guy couldn't come up with something like that, you don't have to agree with me but it's not impossible that he has to do damage control for the mess up at his last awards show. He is a producer in charge of these awards shows, he has to make sure they are good & that nobody is left unhappy. It's his job. It doesn't mean he's in on the hoax, it just means he's fixing his mistake & doing damage control as I just said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions