when I saw This IS IT the first and second time I could tell Mike was under the influence of something. He slurred several times in conversation, didn't look well, and the amount of times he was forgetting his lyrics even though the monitor prompts were on the floor speaks volumes to me. I also could tell this was most likely the first or second day only of full rehearsal with dancers. He was marking most of his steps and very unsure of some of his marks in the group numbers, just walking in circles getting direction from the crew. I did feel very much for him that he now knew he had 50 shows and couldn't pull it off.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

adventureland GREAT find... I did not think of going to the library of Congress
Of course for the copyrights they cannot lie.  So it a FACT that Michael was there only 3 days
Case closed on this subject
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

..Dancer didn't rehearse with michael until staples...ok...
But michael rehearse without them. In TII, we can see:
He make a rehearse with the musician in the way you make me feel. It's probable before, because they fix the beat of this song and they were in a practice studio. The reheasal with musician he wear a  a popeye's t-shirt.
When they make some takes in culver studio, the dancers are there for the films... and the real michael too...he explain some moves.
he also make a rehearse alone on the stage, without the dancers on it, they were looking at him.
...I think yeah, maybe MJ didn't rehearse a lot with the dancers ON stage, but he had practice with the musician and he practice is song...without the dancers.
He know his move. he didn't have to pratice a lot. The important thing i think, is the dancers have to know it well before rehearsing with MJ...
lol hope my english is not to bad...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

now hold on everyone seems to be jumping to conclusions here, yes the article says that MJ didnt rehearse untill staples, now tell me where in the article that it says the exact date this was..... we dont know when or for how long mike was at staples, for all we know he could have done a day in there and the rest were at other locations then back to the staples again..... i posted a vid of fans outside the staples on the 3rd of June, listening to Mj rehearse The way you make me feel.

now as for orange pants, i know that many think that its a double, but there is no way in hell that they could get an exact double, Navi was asked to be the double for the Dirty Diana ending.... he looks Nothing like Michael !!

if you watch the DVD you see michael watching Thriller performance... the full thing in 3D and what it would have looked like on stage... and of course Travis done the MJ bit,  and im sure that if they werre rehearsing, they were doing it with travis on stage with michael at the desk looking on and giving advice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
Quote from: "yspadda"
Quote from: "the arabian nights"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
‘Drugged, exhausted’ MJ ‘could barely walk’ during This Is It rehearsals
LONDON - King of Pop Michael Jackson used golf cart to whisk him to and from his car during This Is It tour rehearsals, because he was so drugged and exhausted he could barely walk, it has been revealed.

In the new movie This Is It, the late singer is shown as a master at work as he leaps around the stage at Los Angeles Staples Center.

However, aides have revealed behind the scenes he was a wreck who could hardly stand.

“Everyone in the house knew Michael was not himself, and was clearly under the influence of drugs. I was amazed at how he looks on film, because in the flesh he was a shadow of himself. He was thin, almost anorexic, pale and didn’t seem to have enough energy to walk across the room, let alone dance,” News of the World quoted concert promoter and friend Terry Harvey as saying.

“He had a sharp mind, but he was deluded, hampered by the drugs. He didn’t know what he was saying to people. To make his life easy he would just say ‘yes’.

“He was walking around in a daze like a zombie,” Harvey added.

Harvey also said: “To me that movie is all smoke and mirrors. Michael was struggling with his dance moves and schedule.

“Michael was not fit enough - he couldn’t pull off a tour if his life depended it. They took the best bits of the video and made it into this movie.

“The rehearsals were long days, and Michael was tired. He hadn’t been on stage for over 10 years and wasn’t used to the physical demands of long days. Some days he didn’t even turn up to rehearsals,” Harvey added.

A source close to the production said: “Michael was exhausted. Some days he barely said a word. He slumped down in a chair and would just get talked at. During one rehearsal he nodded off.”

Choreographer Travis Payne admitted Jackson, who died in June, used the golf cart to whisk him to and from his car, parked a few yards from the stage.

Both Payne and promoter Randy Phillips were worried about the star’s weight and mental welfare.

“He used to forget to eat because he was so focused and Kenny Ortega and I used to cut up his food and physically feed him,” Phillips said.

One friend said: “The hard work needed was just too much for him, and his mood became very dark by the end. He was a gibbering wreck.

“He shouted out, ‘They are pushing me and I can’t take it anymore. They are gonna kill me’.” (ANI)

Which is interestingly contradicted by this testimonial by one of the dancers, Kriyss Grant :

"On the last rehearsal. "He was his old self. He was interacting with us, giving us suggestions, making changes. In the beginning, he let everyone else run things. Then, he was like, ‘This is my show. We’re going to do it how I want to do it.’ I loved it. That’s something I always wanted to see. I thought he was being taken advantage of in the beginning because he was older. … And you could tell he had something to say, but he wouldn’t say it. But that last day, he took over. He knew what he wanted. The dancers were like, ‘Good, he’s speaking up.’ The dancers had Michael’s back".
At the beginning there was a passive, weak, and barely conscient Michael, doing whatever KO would tell, and that on the last rehearsal all changed and he suddenly "was his old self" !
It's to wonder if the man at the beginning and the man at the end was the same person !!! LOL

first part  :(   :cry:  :(
last part  :cry:  :(  :?  :)  :D  ;)

Hay wait a minute.. this is the same Randy Phillips that said he would trade his body for Michael's anyday??  :?
I smell FISH!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

- I never can say goodbye

Raven

Sorry, but I don't think Michael only rehearsed the last couple of days. There have been numerous fan reports describing they talked to him entering/leaving rehearsals, listening to him rehearse (there is even youtube video of that), including detailed information of exactly WHICH rehearsals he skipped. It's also obvious from the recordings that they were filmed on different days. In addition, there are weight differences visible, probably the result of a better diet and trying to gain weight over a period of a few months.
It's just nonsense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

Quote from: "Raven"
Sorry, but I don't think Michael only rehearsed the last couple of days. There have been numerous fan reports describing they talked to him entering/leaving rehearsals, listening to him rehearse (there is even youtube video of that), including detailed information of exactly WHICH rehearsals he skipped. It's also obvious from the recordings that they were filmed on different days. In addition, there are weight differences visible, probably the result of a better diet and trying to gain weight over a period of a few months.
It's just nonsense.

@raven i would be grateful if you could provide the links please
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Quote from: "the arabian nights"
Quote from: "Raven"
It's just nonsense.

@raven i would be grateful if you could provide the links please
Many of the skipped rehearsals + links are in the timeline @ Debategraph: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(anyone feel welcome to help with the timeline!)
Most of the sources concerning rehearsals were fan testimonies of This Is Not It. On youtube is a video of fans standing outside the staples center, evesdropping on Michael rehearsing inside. I'll try and find it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Not the video I ment, but whilst searching for it I came across this series:
It's just audio.

Ill keep searching for the other one
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Hoaxornot"
adventureland GREAT find... I did not think of going to the library of Congress
Of course for the copyrights they cannot lie.  So it a FACT that Michael was there only 3 days
Case closed on this subject

Great find,these are facts,right?
Here we can see exactly what happened where and when.
Amen, its clear. The only important thing that we cannot answer for sure is WHY. But things will reveal.
And the golfcartarticle is absolute crap,IMO. Read the other articles mentioned...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Here is the evesdropping video rehearsal of This Is It:

[youtube:1dc8uw8p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3GxQLBswKE[/youtube:1dc8uw8p]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Rehearsals Move to L.A. Arena
By: Roger Friedman   //   Thursday June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson: his rehearsals for his London shows have now moved, full throttle, to the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The Jacko crew had to wait until the L.A. Lakers were done with their season. The Lakers won the NBA championship last week. Now it’s time for Jacko.

My sources say that, despite rumors and potential lawsuits, the Jackson extravaganza is taking shape nicely. Michael, they say, is determined to be in shape for the shows. The occasional doctor’s visit or odd public outing is just for publicity.

In preparing for the 50 London shows, Jackson has at last signed former manager Frank DiLeo to oversee the proceedings. DiLeo was Jackson’s manager during the “Thriller” era. He’s also pretty much the only associate of the singer’s who didn’t rip him off, hasn’t sued him, or written anything bad about him.

The Staples rehearsals will proceed until next Friday, when the whole thing is packed up and shipped to London on July 3rd. That will leave a 10 day countdown until the first show at the O2 Arena. Stay tuned…

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkateTopic starter

Sorry I had meant to post the link to Kryiss Grant interview...click on his name in red for the whole interview. As you have seen in the last few posts, they started at the staples centre for those last few rehearsals. I also think that Kryiss Grant meant that MJ rehearsed with them only when they got to Staples not that he had never been to rehearsals. Even Kenny et al said that they used doubles to stand in at the other rehearsals so the fans outside weren't necessarily hearing Michael perform live. Some say he just wasn't that into touring again and I would not blame him. It didn't stop him from creating though...the whole dome project was going on for the first three weeks in June and I think that is where he wanted to be ....creating that. That's where we saw him taking his kids on June 3rd and didn't look tired and on drugs or anything like that. What did "they" do to him those last few weeks when they realized he may not go through with it? Did they threaten him, drug him....he seemed happy in the picture that day on June 3rd with his kids...he waved to the cameras and smiled.....we WILL get to the bottom of this....I am so glad to have you all here to talk this through! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven

Well yes @ mjkate he did skip a lot of rehearsals it seems, that's for sure, especially nearing 25th june. At the same time security was doubled, tripled, quadroupled, so there definately was something going on
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@mjkate I think the same. But you wrote: "when they realized he may not go through with it"  I would say "when they realized THEY not go through with it." Because, AEG are the bad organizer!!! If MJ had enough time and only 10 concerts, he gone through with it!!! (Hope you understand what I mean  :oops: )

Because they canceled some shows and say something like "MJ was not ready". And then it was clear, the timelime wasnt ready, because Madonna was playing in the O2-Arena.

And I must say it again and again.... a MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR-SHOW... and they have not enough time to rehearse, the Light-man wasnt ready, Madonna.... and on and on and on.... ???? Thats all not logically to me.  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions