Explanation of the charges ....
February 17, 2010, 03:09:43 PM
Brand new (2 minutes ago from web):  

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

QUOTE:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2010

Explanation of the charges against Dr. Murray
Because I have had so many requests, and because so many hearts are broken over Michael's death, I will try to explain, the best I can, what I understand about the charges against Dr. Murray and try to address the requests for harsher charges. First, let me be clear, that this is only my opinion, based on the years I have worked with the criminal justice system in the US. Most fans feel, and perhaps rightfully so, that Conrad Murray should have been charged with a crime harsher than Manslaughter for the death of Michael Jackson. I myself, being an expert in true crime, wanted to see a charge of Second Degree Murder. But here is a fact we must all deal with: the harsher the charge, the more impossible it is to prove in a court of law. That's the reality. It's the system in the USA. The innocent must be proven guilty. If you bring a stronger charge, such as Second Degree Murder, then you must prove, beyond a doubt, that Dr. Murray acted with "wanton disregard for human life." Now, I myself, feel the doctor crossed the line and DID display a wanton disregard for human life when he left Michael alone for almost an hour while Michael was sedated on propofol, etc. But here's the ugly truth: if ONE juror decided that Murray's actions were not "wanton" -- were not "deliberate" -- the man (Dr. Murray) would walk free... The LADA knows this all too well. The LADA does not want another OJ situation. The only way to make Conrad Murray pay is to charge him lightly and prove that lighter charge beyond a reasonable doubt. It may not seem like justice to MJ fans... but let's face it, will anything help the wounded hearts left in Michael's wake? Will anything be good enough? Isn't what we really want, is to bring Michael back? Let's ask ourselves, seriously, what the best result can be of the Murray trial? Perhaps it is to put that doctor behind bars, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, to strip Murray of his license and his dignity... And BTW, to the many who request that MEZ (Mesereau) get involved, I have asked him about that. MEZ reminded me that he is a criminal defense attorney. He is not the prosecutor and his role, therefore, would be on the OTHER side of the table. He would never stand up for Murray, of course. But Mez also cannot speak for, or add to, the LADA's battle against Dr. Conrad Murray.

I hope this clears up some of the pain and confusion surrounding Michael's death and the upcoming trial against Dr. Murray.
Respectfully,

Aphrodite
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions