Re: Jermaine's ready to be LEAD SINGER
February 16, 2010, 05:46:31 PM
Quote from: "Venus7"
Actually, Jermaine wasn't bad singer. He also was lead singer before Michael joined them when he was little.
Here is quite good song by Jermaine and I wish him luck:

[youtube:u5ynzl99]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQtxVT39fSc[/youtube:u5ynzl99]

I don't know how Jermaine sings now, but he was great back in the day.  I have 3 of his albums.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

February 16, 2010, 07:01:53 PM
I really enjoyed Jermaine's videos. Thanks for the embeds.  Didn't know JJ is so talented, but silly me, what was I thinking.......the Jackson's have been singing all their lives, at least 45 years now.  I think Jermaine has a fantastic, sexy voice and noticed in the jail house video he sort of had that MJ thrust going on, nice ass too !

:oops: So I've scrolled through all your criticism, jabs and pokes of fun, but didn't hear one of you say you had ever known a REAL musician personally.  Humm, interesting how easy you throw rocks at the stars and with no empathy at all. Not only is there a recession, depression going down in this country did you know that there's a lot of competition out there in tv land?

Musician's are artists and that means they would starve to stay an artist...it is their passion. It is all they know. They care about nothing else but playing their music. Just like a born mechanic or biker born biker bred when they're gone they're biker dead !  I've hung with them, promoted them and lived with them carrying all the equipment, video taping and lonely in the audience till 2 am.  Any woman who gets with a musician has to love the life because they know what they are getting into. That family made the dynasty and will die the dynasty together.

The biggest joke off stage is "ya know what a musician is without a girlfriend"?
Homeless  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   It's the truth

And what about our Michael ?  He has the most talent, style and individual ability, but every where I read he NEVER PAID HIS BILLS.  What's up with that ?  How many years did he not tour?  He just let the bills pile up throwing $50 tips around like paper?  
Like our beloved MJ said, "Don't judge an Indian 'till ya walk 3 days in his moccasins ?

Whatever the Jackson's can do to survive I wish them the best just like I wish the starving family next door the same.

Peace Love, xoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 07:16:14 PM
I'm just curious, but does Jermaine realize people aren't going to want to see J5 without Michael? It's just a thought.  ;)

It's one thing if it's just a solo deal with him trying to do his own thing again. But as a whole, if he thinks he can capture the same magic and same iconic status that Michael had/has he can forget it.

It's another thing for a band like Queen to continue on without Freddie Mercury and notice they're not called Queen in itself. It's called Paul Rodgers AND Queen. Jackson 5 or Jacksons just isn't right without Michael, and I hope he knows that. Fans aren't going to flock to see them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]"Just because it\'s in print doesn\'t make it the gospel."[/size]

hope

February 16, 2010, 07:37:16 PM
Quote from: "TrueBeLIEver1981"
I'm just curious, but does Jermaine realize people aren't going to want to see J5 without Michael? It's just a thought.  ;)

It's one thing if it's just a solo deal with him trying to do his own thing again. But as a whole, if he thinks he can capture the same magic and same iconic status that Michael had/has he can forget it.

It's another thing for a band like Queen to continue on without Freddie Mercury and notice they're not called Queen in itself. It's called Paul Rodgers AND Queen. Jackson 5 or Jacksons just isn't right without Michael, and I hope he knows that. Fans aren't going to flock to see them.
I couldnt agree more!! Since Michaels "death", he has tried to step in Michaels shoes...That will NEVER happen. Michael was not only the lead of the J5 (with the MOST unique vocals), he was the "Greatest Entertainer" in the world. Jermaine cannot fulfill that. I was a J5 fan because of Michael and I stayed a Michael fan. Just because he is "gone", does not mean I am automatically Jermaines fan. He has been jealous of Michael since their early 20s, that has been a fact for years.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: "karmaknowstruth"
I really enjoyed Jermaine's videos. Thanks for the embeds.  Didn't know JJ is so talented, but silly me, what was I thinking.......the Jackson's have been singing all their lives, at least 45 years now.  I think Jermaine has a fantastic, sexy voice and noticed in the jail house video he sort of had that MJ thrust going on, nice ass too !

:oops: So I've scrolled through all your criticism, jabs and pokes of fun, but didn't hear one of you say you had ever known a REAL musician personally.  Humm, interesting how easy you throw rocks at the stars and with no empathy at all. Not only is there a recession, depression going down in this country did you know that there's a lot of competition out there in tv land?

Musician's are artists and that means they would starve to stay an artist...it is their passion. It is all they know. They care about nothing else but playing their music. Just like a born mechanic or biker born biker bred when they're gone they're biker dead !  I've hung with them, promoted them and lived with them carrying all the equipment, video taping and lonely in the audience till 2 am.  Any woman who gets with a musician has to love the life because they know what they are getting into. That family made the dynasty and will die the dynasty together.

The biggest joke off stage is "ya know what a musician is without a girlfriend"?

And what about our Michael ?  He has the most talent, style and individual ability, but every where I read he NEVER PAID HIS BILLS.  What's up with that ?  How many years did he not tour?  He just let the bills pile up throwing $50 tips around like paper?  
Like our beloved MJ said, "Don't judge an Indian 'till ya walk 3 days in his moccasins ?

Whatever the Jackson's can do to survive I wish them the best just like I wish the starving family next door the same.

Peace Love, xoxoxo

i was an active musician in my 20s, i was married to a musician, i owned a music club with my then-hubby and until  recently, i worked in a music club. most of my people around me are musicians or somehow connected with it. i know pretty much what it means to be a musician and live that life. to this day, i have that great passion for music, although i don't play anymore myself, especially when something innovative comes along, like everything michael jackson did. whenever there was an announcement made, you couldn't wait for what he would come out with next.

my criticism of jermaine is his lack of creativity here. if he was such a devoted musician, how come there is no music of him in the last ten or something years? he's not creating anything new, he's just trying to repeat history. like he wants to turn back time to the point where the jackson 5 became the jacksons, he was no longer part of it and he really never got over that, really. he's crying about that in the reality show. it's been like 35 years, man! this is his one chance to relive that and become the main focus at the same time, being the lead singer. psychological repair work in progress...

tito is really the only one who stuck to his guns here. although he never became such a star, he has his band and gigs and makes his living being a musician (he goes on the blues cruise regularly, i think). especially jackie seems a little reluctant about all that being in the limelight again. it's not that i wouldn't grant them their success, which will surely be there for a hot second, but they're not really convincing with that reunion thing. it's more like jermaine is trying to force it on the others cuz he wants it so bad and he doesn't have the material to show on his own. that's just my impression.
i think tito should finally do a solo album, so he gets to shine. to me he's the only one one out the brothers' bunch living the music. he deserves it most, i think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

miss j

February 16, 2010, 08:48:59 PM
Quote from: "virgo75"
I'm ready.
I'll watch!  
But I won't pay money for it.   :lol:

I'm liking all the Jacksons now.
They're like your crazy cousins that you only see at family reunions.
There's always one trying to control everything and tell everybody what to do.

That would be Jermaine.
Gotta luv him though. lol

hahaha!! very true!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

February 16, 2010, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: "hope"
Quote from: "TrueBeLIEver1981"

I couldnt agree more!! Since Michaels "death", he has tried to step in Michaels shoes...That will NEVER happen. Michael was not only the lead of the J5 (with the MOST unique vocals), he was the "Greatest Entertainer" in the world. Jermaine cannot fulfill that. I was a J5 fan because of Michael and I stayed a Michael fan. Just because he is "gone", does not mean I am automatically Jermaines fan. He has been jealous of Michael since their early 20s, that has been a fact for years.

yep.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

February 16, 2010, 09:46:00 PM
Jermaine's always been an okay singer, never great....IMHO.  But, after he wrote that hideous song, Word to the Bad, I always worried about his true feelings toward his King of Pop brother.  On the one hand, he acts all caring and loving, but on the other hand, he is also the one who introduced Michael to Thome and Uri Geller.   :twisted:  :twisted: So, I dunno. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 10:09:26 PM
Bring me up to speed here...if they are all so poor...what is up with the McMansions in Vegas, California and Atlanta.  They all seemed to be "livin' large" to me, in the Jackson Family Dynasty.  Marlon and his Nigerian resort planning, Tito living nicely and I even believe Jackie had a home in Vegas and Calif. on the show.  I always hoped that MJ was behind the family dynasty, choreographing success for them all, even JJ.

I didn't read the article above as offensively as most of you did.  I thought he was saying he was "motivated".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 11:18:45 PM
JJ has always been the spoke person for the family. Maybe the others didn't want to do it.  There were the Osmonds and now Donny and Marie are in Vegas. Oldies groups perform all the time. The Temptations had alot of tragedy. Otis keep the group going. I saw their movie on cable it was very interesting. MJ had said musicians have to keep touring until their old age because the record companies don't give them good deals. It is nice to see them together again.  People like their music and it brings back good memories of when we were younger and things were simple. Below is "Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming" w/Jermaine and Michael. It is a great song.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 16, 2010, 11:32:30 PM
Honestly, I don't want Jermaine to become the lead singer. Not only does he not have the best voice and, imho, artistic sense, but I think he's very controling. I saw him on the Jackson family dynasty thing, and he just seemed to like to boss Jacky and everyone else around.
I really felt bad for Jacky that Jermaine was sort of taking his sogn.
Tito had commented he thought Jacky was a bit possessive of his music, but honestly, what songwriter doesn't treat their music like babies? Sure, I can let you play around with the chord progression I used, but don't ruin my artistic vision of it. lol
I just think it would spell eventual disaster for the group.
P.S. That jealousy of his will eat him up, too. I personally feel nothing spoils true artistry like jealousy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Check out my blog at:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

hope

February 16, 2010, 11:54:10 PM
I think alot of the problem with all of this music stuff with Jermaine is...we havent heard anything about him hardly since Michaels 30th anniversary concert. Then he starts ALL of this stuff immediately after Michael "died". I think he was hoping that Michaels fans would embrace him because he is Michaels brother (thats my opinion). It is very well known Jermaines jelousy of Michael. Also, him introducing Michael to Thome, has really bothered me. If Michael was sooo scared of this guy, WHY is he still putting his name on everything and still friendly with the family ? I get a very bad vibe from Thome,Delio, Phillips and yes, sometimes even Jermaine. Sorry, just my opinion.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

February 17, 2010, 12:08:59 AM
Quote from: "tabloidburn"
Quote from: "karmaknowstruth"

Peace Love, xoxoxo

i was an active musician in my 20s, i was married to a musician, i owned a music club with my then-hubby and until  recently, i worked in a music club. most of my people around me are musicians or somehow connected with it. i know pretty much what it means to be a musician and live that life. to this day, i have that great passion for music, although i don't play anymore myself, especially when something innovative comes along, like everything michael jackson did. whenever there was an announcement made, you couldn't wait for what he would come out with next.

my criticism of jermaine is his lack of creativity here. if he was such a devoted musician, how come there is no music of him in the last ten or something years? he's not creating anything new, he's just trying to repeat history. like he wants to turn back time to the point where the jackson 5 became the jacksons, he was no longer part of it and he really never got over that, really. he's crying about that in the reality show. it's been like 35 years, man! this is his one chance to relive that and become the main focus at the same time, being the lead singer. psychological repair work in progress...

tito is really the only one who stuck to his guns here. although he never became such a star, he has his band and gigs and makes his living being a musician (he goes on the blues cruise regularly, i think). especially jackie seems a little reluctant about all that being in the limelight again. it's not that i wouldn't grant them their success, which will surely be there for a hot second, but they're not really convincing with that reunion thing. it's more like jermaine is trying to force it on the others cuz he wants it so bad and he doesn't have the material to show on his own. that's just my impression.
i think tito should finally do a solo album, so he gets to shine. to me he's the only one one out the brothers' bunch living the music. he deserves it most, i think.

Hmm.. this morning I was thinking something similar, LET THE ARTISTS MAKE THE ART. Today's artists are like actors presenting unoriginal pieces of art (no offense to actors but yall know what I mean) That's why todays artist don't really produce legendary music and videos like back in the days because its not really coming from their heart...

I watched a couple of the Jack5ons show and it was good to me. Tito is the funniest to me, he be lookin like oh now ya on some bullsheet... LOL... Is Jermaine the oldest? he acts like it. (he do be dressin his azz off tho LOL) They seemed like a typical family to me it's just that they are THE JACKSONS!! I think they would have received more ratings if the show was promoted a little more. Alot of people I know watched it, but after the first 2 episode I lost track of it till like the 2 to last episode.  

And with the musician thing you are right cause like they eat and breath music. I'm not a musician but I grew up on music mostly due to my grandmother who was heavy into jazz and always used to throw parties and go to different events in her hayday. Her and my mother taught me the two step probably when I learned to walk LOL and when she saw I liked to dance she would push me to go farther with it but I was shy and not competitive at all, so instead she would buy me albums and I would dance in the house LOL. I am very creative tho and that's something I understand about a musician, or any kind of creative artist whether it be a writer, composer, painter, producer, designer even architect (like my dad LOL). When I can't be creative, I feel like I'm being smothered by my surroundings, and I run away. (wow some self realization on my part tonight LOL)

I think people would pay to see The Jacksons... they have way too long a line of hits for them not to get that money :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

February 17, 2010, 12:13:07 AM
Quote from: "gracesong"
Honestly, I don't want Jermaine to become the lead singer. Not only does he not have the best voice and, imho, artistic sense, but I think he's very controling. I saw him on the Jackson family dynasty thing, and he just seemed to like to boss Jacky and everyone else around.
I really felt bad for Jacky that Jermaine was sort of taking his sogn.
Tito had commented he thought Jacky was a bit possessive of his music, but honestly, what songwriter doesn't treat their music like babies? Sure, I can let you play around with the chord progression I used, but don't ruin my artistic vision of it. lol
I just think it would spell eventual disaster for the group.
P.S. That jealousy of his will eat him up, too. I personally feel nothing spoils true artistry like jealousy.

LOL yes I agree, but its a group! it's still 3 against 1... one thing about family you always know how to get your siblings back! Jackie gotta say NO JERMAINE YOUR WRONG... (this is funny cause we noticed the same thing watching the show
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

February 17, 2010, 12:16:49 AM
Jermaine, "My mother is very much alive, she's very smart. She knows the name of every type of tree."

Is Jermaine possibly talking about Michael? He's either helping MJ or it all seems very mixed up talking.

Michael, "That stuff really bothers me. That's why I write these kinda songs, to give some kind of awareness and awakening and hope to people. I love the planet. I love trees. When the colors are changing in the leaves, I love it."

MJ very much alive!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions