Re: WATW...TERRIBLE
February 13, 2010, 11:30:55 AM
I think it was awesome because all my favorite singers and rappers in it well maybe just Lil Wayne and Kanye West  :lol:  but i really enjoyed it i think Michael would be proud of it it's terrific I'm def going to put it on my I pod with the original version :D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

dmovie27

February 13, 2010, 11:40:55 AM
The only good parts are the ones with actual good voices, Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, etc. The rest sucked and th MJ part sounded out of place and forced. The Janet appearance didn't make up for it either, plus it was bad special effects "merging" them together.

A Classic destroyed!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 13, 2010, 01:05:32 PM
The autotune was gross.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There\'s a man, who plays the game of life so well...

alive

February 13, 2010, 08:23:38 PM
I think it was horrible. You couldn't even hear Janet and she REALLY looked like she wanted to be a part of it. It just goes to show you who the genius was behind the original. You don't mess with greatness. FAIL  :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 04:54:19 AM
Something just popped into my head... its awful but it will be worth it in the end..... remind you of anything?? ;)

L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

- I never can say goodbye

February 14, 2010, 12:37:12 PM
I thought I wouldn't like it too - but just having Michael in it helped me watch. His part is still the best as it was in the old song. Janet really cant be heard and she looks like she is mourning.

I agree that though many of us don't like the new artists - it has to be appeal to the current generation and hence has to be updated as they are the ones with the funds to spend on music related donations. So I am okay with Miley's solo. Also the autotune parts because that is what the current trend is. The rap part is so decent that I approve of it. I was expecting some trash but this rap was really tuneful.

If Michael is around he definitely choose most of the artists. Remember that many of these artists appeared on his other charity efforts eg What more can I give. Remember they were also handpicked to sing the earth song. Usher is very respectful of Michael and Justin is Usher's prodigy.

Another reason I think Michael is behind this is because of the ABSENCE of EMINEM. Did anyone see him there. That would have been real disgraceful for Michael.

In the end the single should do well as it is the current artists and it is nice to know that Michael is the only who has stayed current for the last 25 years.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dmovie27

February 14, 2010, 01:17:01 PM
I watched it all the way through and it wasn't terrible, but you know the thing that bugged me...too many obscure people singing on it. When they did the old one, it was a who's who of that day's biggest stars. The creme de la creme'. THAT's why it was such a great recording in the first place. This looks like they just grabbed whoever was interested. It's a lackluster lineup. Where's Beyonce'? Taylor Swift? Lady Gaga? Dave Matthews? Maxwell? All these folks were at the Grammys that night. Where were the Jackson brothers? That would've been a nice touch and a fitting tribute. Even Whitney Houston should be up there as bad as she needs publicity right now and she wasn't even on the first one. That's the biggest flaw in the whole thing, it's not inspired and looks like a hack job done at the last minute. Barbra Streisand? WTH? Where has she been? I thought she had retired or something. She must have been sniffing Jeff Bridges out. lol
Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:20:09 PM by dmovie27
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 01:18:32 PM
It only shows that right now we don't have artists that have even the 10 percent of the qualities that they had in the old days. Autotune?? for real??? cannot they sing without it anymore?? and that's not trend, that just shows that right now you don't really need to be talented to be in the showbussiness. They really should had made a different song, why completely destroy this one?? the imagination is over and people cannot write original songs anymore?? I'm sure a different song would have been great, because nobody would feel the need to make any kind of comparissons, they're just trying to make fame out of MJ, like it's been since he died, that all of a sudden everybody loved him and were inspired by him, but when he was at trial, everybody pretended they didn't know him.

And I'm sure with a different song people would had even buy it more, but I really don't see it becoming a hit in iTunes. Sadly because it's really for a good reason. Luckyly I've made my donations in different ways.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dmovie27

February 14, 2010, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: "jonnysgirldangerous"
It only shows that right now we don't have artists that have even the 10 percent of the qualities that they had in the old days. Autotune?? for real??? cannot they sing without it anymore?? and that's not trend, that just shows that right now you don't really need to be talented to be in the showbussiness. They really should had made a different song, why completely destroy this one?? the imagination is over and people cannot write original songs anymore?? I'm sure a different song would have been great, because nobody would feel the need to make any kind of comparissons, they're just trying to make fame out of MJ, like it's been since he died, that all of a sudden everybody loved him and were inspired by him, but when he was at trial, everybody pretended they didn't know him.

And I'm sure with a different song people would had even buy it more, but I really don't see it becoming a hit in iTunes. Sadly because it's really for a good reason. Luckyly I've made my donations in different ways.

My sentiments exactly! The purpose is to draw attention to the tragedy, not scare people away. I feel more people will ignore the whole thing because they're disgusted with the quality of this production. Especially folks from my generation. I remember the day that song premiered on the radio. It was a HUGE event and folks were sincere about their involvement. This is mockery to me. We are the World belonged to Africa in 1985 and should stay there. Come up with something original for today, folks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 02:33:19 PM
Maybe a stupid question but what is Autotune ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: "jonnysgirldangerous"

My post is actually unnecessary but I feel quite strongly about this and I just want to say I TOTALLY agree with you. I don't know why but the new version upsets me...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 05:14:36 PM
I agree with Souza...
The new version is not that bad... I like it ! And I'm happy to see that they even included the Michael parts (they were not obliged to, they did it for us).
This version had to be done in a different style as it was made with totally different artists.
If they wanted the song to be as same as the first version, they would simply have re-released this first version...
They did the effort to register a new version with new artists for a new cause.
I understand when some of you say that they'd better have written a new song instead of WATW... but they didn't... that's it...
But please, stop bashing them. and think about the cause. Plus, think about what Michael would think about your reactions (not sure he would be proud of his fans bashing these artists and their work). All those artists did a good job, they did their best, their intention was surely not to ruin this beautiful song because it has probably been a real challenge for them to sing it after THE King of Pop... and NO it's not bad, it's just different from the first version.
And Yes, I respect it, and Yes I love it ! And Yes I'll buy the CD because it is to help Haiti (even if I have already donate for them)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

February 14, 2010, 05:40:07 PM
It is all for a good cause and they all tried their best but it made me realise just how much we all miss Michael and i found it upsetting but if it helps those in need that is what Michael wants.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2010, 05:48:01 PM
Quote from: "MorningGlow88"
I AM SOOOO SORRY BUT THAT NEW VERSION OF "WE ARE THE WORLD" WAS TERRRRRRRIBLE!!   :twisted:  

How could they ruin a classic like that??

It's for a good cause, I actually thought it would be alot worse.
The original is far better but still it's for an amazing cause.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.”

February 14, 2010, 05:58:14 PM
Quote from: "mumof3"
It is all for a good cause and they all tried their best but it made me realise just how much we all miss Michael and i found it upsetting but if it helps those in need that is what Michael wants.

I couldn't help but cry while listening. Like I can't help but cry every time I hear his name or his voice or when I see a picture or a video of him.
I am a little bit ashamed to see how they've been bashed here. they spread MJ's message. they spread LOVE and they did record the song to help Haiti. they continue Michael's work of healing the world... how can we blame them ?! I can't... and I ask all of you to think about it !
And as you said "mumof3", they tried their best, and we miss Michael so much that it uspsets us. but we should support them.

Before you judge them, try hard to love them, look within your heart... :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions