Re: 911 Call made from Hotel
December 02, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
That is the  heartbreak hotel ... heartbreak hotel .... lol !!

I would like to hear that song right now !!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOOK WITH YOUR HEART...

December 02, 2009, 01:34:08 PM
Quote from: "SILVANA"

Here ya go!!
[youtube:1nmh6ewm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqO4nxk3xI[/youtube:1nmh6ewm]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Crescendo

December 02, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"

Here ya go!!
[youtube:2y868djl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqO4nxk3xI[/youtube:2y868djl]

woo hoo! thank you Jacksonologist. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 02:41:52 PM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"

Here ya go!!
[youtube:2jlng2yh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqO4nxk3xI[/youtube:2jlng2yh]

THANK YOUUUU  :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOOK WITH YOUR HEART...

December 02, 2009, 03:44:16 PM
Well I have done some checking and reports vary a bit about tracing a cell phone's location after dialling 911 from, "in a best case scenario the police can pinpoint a cel phone caller within a few dozen seconds.  The caller's latitude and longitude co ordinates pop up on an operator's computer screen" or check this site for tracking 911 calls on cell phones,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HOWEVER this idea about the cell tower/receiver or whatever being at the Sunset Bld address makes no sense -

This site shows all the cell towers in LA and there are absolutely NONE in Sunset Blvd, so how does that address come up??? Also it seems to me from the times shown on the screen that there were 2 calls made??? one at 12.21 and one at 12.22????? :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 05:22:16 PM
Quote from: "alexa7"
Well I have done some checking and reports vary a bit about tracing a cell phone's location after dialling 911 from, "in a best case scenario the police can pinpoint a cel phone caller within a few dozen seconds.  The caller's latitude and longitude co ordinates pop up on an operator's computer screen" or check this site for tracking 911 calls on cell phones,

HOWEVER this idea about the cell tower/receiver or whatever being at the Sunset Bld address makes no sense -

This site shows all the cell towers in LA and there are absolutely NONE in Sunset Blvd, so how does that address come up??? Also it seems to me from the times shown on the screen that there were 2 calls made??? one at 12.21 and one at 12.22????? :?
thats very interesting maybe we need to dig some more
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 08:33:08 PM
Ummm LIGHT MAN!!! Nobody posted about the video yet! LM such an unusual idea, for the people that worked on it so tragic. It would have been truly great. How come they got hold of that footage?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2009, 08:46:40 PM
Quote from: "QuirkyDiana"
Ummm LIGHT MAN!!! Nobody posted about the video yet! LM such an unusual idea, for the people that worked on it so tragic. It would have been truly great. How come they got hold of that footage?

Hmm, did I miss something?  This thread is about the 911 call coming from a hotel, not light man. I don't see the video posted in this thread... :?  :?  :?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Keep the faith. The truth will prevail! :?  :?  :?  :?

SecretDove:
It is one of the three links in the first post on page 1.  It is an awesome link to footage about the light man in the "This Is It" concerts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

December 03, 2009, 04:30:59 AM
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
okay i have something that is bothering me we know this alveraz man made the call,where is he now what is he doing ,has he vanished into thin air :?: i ask cos if mj is really dead wouldnt his story be worth mega bucks imagine the headlines my last hours with michael jackson.  :!: how is this man making a living thats what i need to know

Ive heard it the first time with the hotel-call.  :o  Mr. Alvarez is with Michael I think - like always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
* Smile though your heart is aching *

December 03, 2009, 04:36:04 AM
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
Quote from: "alexa7"

thats very interesting maybe we need to dig some more

That is interesting and maybe does need to be looked at a bit more. I found this info about tracing a cell phone call (there is a part that is particular to emergency calls).

Quote from article "The way GPS technology works in modern cell phones varies between the different cellphone networks, and with some operators it does not continuously transmit location. This means that when you want to trace a cell phone location, the information that you will be gathering is most likely collected from transmission tower locations. However, when the person who has the phone has made an emergency call, this GPS transmission will always be sent. This is designed to ensure that the police can always track a cell phone location, in order to get help to people who need it"

If I have interpruted this correctly, that would mean that the cell number would be traced by emergency to the location it was made and not a tower or centroid site. Is that correct? It only crossed my mind because a bushwalker here got lost and they were able to trace his whereabouts through his 911 call on his cellphone.

Any thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 07:46:24 PM
Ok, I'm still looking further into this, but I went on the Verizon Wireless website and found information regarding 911 calls through their network. According to their website, all phones sold from 2003 are GPS enhanced and capable and will direct a person to the location the phone call is made. I highly doubt anyone working in security for Michael would have a outdated 6-7 year old cell phone. That would mean they did trace the call from it's original location and not a centroid or cell site.

Here's a bit of the article:-

What is a GPS-capable phone, and why is it so important for E911?
Verizon Wireless' Phase 2 E911 location technology is built into the phone's handset; GPS-capable phones rely on signals from the Federal Government's Global Positioning System satellites to help estimate their location when you make a 911 call. Verizon Wireless' handset-based location technology provides the most accurate capability over varied terrain, and is generally capable of estimates within 50 to 150 meters in most cases.

Many of the phones sold in 2002-2003 and 100% of the new handsets sold by Verizon Wireless since December 31, 2003 are GPS-capable, which means there is a chipset in the phone that will help provide location information to a PSAP when a caller dials 911. GPS-capable phones have a chipset in the phone that will help provide location information to a PSAP when a caller dials 911. The phone itself is not a stand-alone GPS device, and the handset alone does not support or initiate any kind of individual tracking capability. The location-determining capability becomes functional after dialing 911 when the network is prompted to determine the handset's location.

Full article below from Verizon Wireless website:-

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 09:16:08 PM
I'm still investigating this too and will continue to do so, but wanted to chime in on something about the cell sites etc. When you use a website that shows locations of cell towers and cell sites, it will not show ALL locations of towers/sites. That is because not all towers/sites are registered with the FCC, and only those that are will be displayed on any maps on sites that are showing those locations.

Also, it isn't just cell "towers" that are involved here. There are cell sites that are basically antenna devices that can be placed in any location, including on buildings, and help relay the signals when wireless calls are made.

I also did find a couple of sites that did show cell tower/cell sites location, with at least one on Sunset Blvd, but the exact address was not shown. So it may or may not be the right one.

Finally, I emailed Verizon this morning to ask them about a cell site at the hotel address. I just used the address--didn't mention the hotel or MJ or anything. I just asked them if they had a website or page that listed their tower and/or cell site locations; or if they could verify a cell site at that specific address. I was told that they do not give out that kind of information. Many wireless companies, apparently, do not give out this type of information at all. And during my hunting last night, I even came across a website community that has a forum where people post locations of towers/cell sites in their areas, since that information is not always available. They are part of a "cell tower hunting club" of a sort, and they apparently enjoy hunting for the cell sites and towers as a hobby. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) Strange, but true.

I'm going to keep on digging for more info until I can get some peace of mind on this issue, because it does tend to bug me. I do believe there is a cell site at that hotel address. Just my opinion on it based on information members have already provided and what I've learned about the sites online. But I want to find out for sure!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 04, 2009, 02:19:57 AM
Quote from: "Christiana"
I'm still investigating this too and will continue to do so, but wanted to chime in on something about the cell sites etc. When you use a website that shows locations of cell towers and cell sites, it will not show ALL locations of towers/sites. That is because not all towers/sites are registered with the FCC, and only those that are will be displayed on any maps on sites that are showing those locations.

Also, it isn't just cell "towers" that are involved here. There are cell sites that are basically antenna devices that can be placed in any location, including on buildings, and help relay the signals when wireless calls are made.

I also did find a couple of sites that did show cell tower/cell sites location, with at least one on Sunset Blvd, but the exact address was not shown. So it may or may not be the right one.

Finally, I emailed Verizon this morning to ask them about a cell site at the hotel address. I just used the address--didn't mention the hotel or MJ or anything. I just asked them if they had a website or page that listed their tower and/or cell site locations; or if they could verify a cell site at that specific address. I was told that they do not give out that kind of information. Many wireless companies, apparently, do not give out this type of information at all. And during my hunting last night, I even came across a website community that has a forum where people post locations of towers/cell sites in their areas, since that information is not always available. They are part of a "cell tower hunting club" of a sort, and they apparently enjoy hunting for the cell sites and towers as a hobby. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) Strange, but true.

I'm going to keep on digging for more info until I can get some peace of mind on this issue, because it does tend to bug me. I do believe there is a cell site at that hotel address. Just my opinion on it based on information members have already provided and what I've learned about the sites online. But I want to find out for sure!

Hey Christina,

I wasn't too much focusing on the centroid/cell site being near the hotel. I'm sure there are many of those around the city and in close proximity to B/Hotel. I would assume that if all phones sold by verizon from 2003 onwards were gps enabled, then the actual phone call would trace to the location it was made and bypass the address of the tower.  This is how I interpreted their information on 911 calls given the actual location of the call and not a centroid, particularly with how gps monitoring works. It would be interesting to see if there is a centroid closer to Michaels address because if so, the call should of been picked up by that one.

Would be interested to find out more on this as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 04, 2009, 04:26:20 AM
Ok, final update from me. I checked out the Verizon Cell sites and antennas that I could find via the internet.

There are only 2 cellphone towers in the vinicity and wider area registered by Verizon. There are many others through different providers which isn't really relevant, but these are the ones registered only to Verizon since that is the wireless provider here. These are the ones closest in proximity to 100 N Carolwood Drive. They are 11005 Santa Clara Divide Rd and 1450 Imperial Highway. The closest  registered cell antenna for Verizon to 100 N Carolwood Drive is located at 801 1/2 Hilgard Avenue, which according to google maps is only 2 miles (roughly 5 minute drive) from Holmby Mansion.  Given this information, there would be no need whatsoever for the phone call to appear from B/Hotel , since the cell antenna and cell tower are located in different addresses (and the cell antenna is closer to Holmby than B/Hotel). In fact I didn't find any Verizon atennas located next to B/Hotel.

The only real answer I can come up with from this is that the phone call via the cellphone was made at 9641 Sunset Blvd and not 100 Carolwood Drive.   That addresses was more than likely picked up by 911 via GPS location.  If this is where Alvarez call took place, we would assume Michael was with him given the fact it was his job to protect him.

This is the best I have been able to come up with so far.  Someone else may find info different to this.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions