Re: How old are you?
February 10, 2010, 02:32:22 PM
Quote from: "reading_on"
For those of you that are younger, you will tell someone someday about this time in your life and how you did or didn't believe Michael was alive and how it changed you. They will not be able to grasp the full reality of your opinion, even if they are the most mature person for their age in the world. Understand, your opinion is not discounted, it  is what you are at this stage of your life, and it is very important. But your views are shaped differently.

Very well said, my friend.  :D

I like that last paragraph a lot. I haven't thought that much about what it will be like when all of this is over and the truth is revealed. I can imagine telling my children (who will be MJ fans) all about this experience, and all of you of course. You guys are amazing.  ;) <3
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"When I feel that something is not right, I have to speak up. I know most people don\'t think of me as tough or strong-willed, but that\'s just because they don\'t know me."
~ Michael Jackson - Moonwalk

I\'ve enlisted in the army of L.O.V.E.
We\'re here for you, Michael. No matter what.
[/b]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

February 10, 2010, 07:18:19 PM
Shouldn't there be an area where Mj's Humanitarian work is highlighted ? You got everything else ,pretty much . correct me if I missed it . :D Thanks for your hard work .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 07:19:19 AM
Twenty.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 07:56:27 AM
I'm 30 and been a fan of Michael's since I can remember. lol But it doesn't really matter if you're young or old, Michael attracts all ages. My 6 year old nephew and 4 year old nephew always wants me to put his music on when they come over so they can dance. LOL It's really funny when they try to dance like him though... being so young and all, cuz they do the grab and everything. LOL We start laughing and they just give this huge smile. So cute. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 12:45:59 PM
Quote from: "ForeverTrue"
yes, i am 13 also :P
all my friends know i am like, obsessed with Michael Jackson and they all think i'm just insane  :roll: but whatever, i'm not afraid of hiding anything

Same age, same story. I'm 13 too.
MY friends all think I', obsessed too! :lol:  All I have to do is mention the name Michael Jackson and there eyes glaze over. Now don't get me wrong they all are MJ fans but they just don't appreciate what a great humanatarian he is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 05:32:14 PM
Quote from: "Shout"
I just realized that we have some really young people on this board. Since I was around to see Michael climb to fame, I feel like an old timer some times.

Also, it makes me wonder about the perspectives being posted. That could be why so many opinions are different.

So, I was wondering..How old are most of the people on the board?

I would like to know what really young means to you.

I think that the way how people explain their observations or gather arguments depends on many different factors (education, experience and the age but not only this  is why we can find here different opinions).

Sorry.. lol..when I say really young, that means what it is supposed to mean. If you are under the age of 18 that would be really young to me and then under the age of 30 is young, but not really young.  (at least I wanted people to still think of it as me being you when I was under 30). Age is age, you can't change that. So young is young.

Education and maturity can change opinions, but when you are younger, no matter how mature you are there are certain biological factors that effect you and that means your mind too. I was a VERY mature person when I was very young but you learn things as a matter of time and how you feel about them, so it would naturally effect your opinion.

For instance, for the ones who didn't live the through seeing Michael hurt on the Pepsi commercial they can never feel what we felt about his safety and his life. To them, this is history, to us it was something that happened that changed our heart and mind about him and his safety.
If you weren't there when the Jackson 5 first traveled the world, you can not have known how that changed us as a community. The world was accepting African American artists in a way that had never been done. We were changing, that meant our opinions were changing. Can you imagine how our opinions were altered when we first saw Michael make it to MTV? WOW! ...and.. then.. that infamous day.. the moonwalk.
We grew up with him.

We lived through the Black Panther Party rise to power, Martin Luther King Jr.being shot (I was just barely old enough to get this aftermath) and Elvis dying. This has helped shape our opinions about things that someone who didn't live through can't fathom.  I am not African American, but I do know that some of my friends from the early 70's suffered through the movement. This changes who you are, this changes your view.

For those of you that are younger, you will tell someone someday about this time in your life and how you did or didn't believe Michael was alive and how it changed you. They will not be able to grasp the full reality of your opinion, even if they are the most mature person for their age in the world. Understand, your opinion is not discounted, it  is what you are at this stage of your life, and it is very important. But your views are shaped differently.
I love your post the ending is exactly what i planned on doing :D I'm going to tell my kids about how he pulled off a hoax and nobody thought it could happen but it did! ;) And they are going to be Mj fans just like me lools maybe even bigger :lol: I highly doubt that tho :?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

ROFL

February 11, 2010, 05:37:25 PM
I'm 19 , I was born July 90  , I remember the dangerous era though lol , wish I was born before BAD era  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If they could love like you and me, imagine what the world could be.

February 11, 2010, 06:21:44 PM
Sorry.. lol..when I say really young, that means what it is supposed to mean. If you are under the age of 18 that would be really young to me and then under the age of 30 is young, but not really young. (at least I wanted people to still think of it as me being you when I was under 30). Age is age, you can't change that. So young is young.

Education and maturity can change opinions, but when you are younger, no matter how mature you are there are certain biological factors that effect you and that means your mind too. I was a VERY mature person when I was very young but you learn things as a matter of time and how you feel about them, so it would naturally effect your opinion.

For instance, for the ones who didn't live the through seeing Michael hurt on the Pepsi commercial they can never feel what we felt about his safety and his life. To them, this is history, to us it was something that happened that changed our heart and mind about him and his safety.
If you weren't there when the Jackson 5 first traveled the world, you can not have known how that changed us as a community. The world was accepting African American artists in a way that had never been done. We were changing, that meant our opinions were changing. Can you imagine how our opinions were altered when we first saw Michael make it to MTV? WOW! ...and.. then.. that infamous day.. the moonwalk.
We grew up with him.

We lived through the Black Panther Party rise to power, Martin Luther King Jr.being shot (I was just barely old enough to get this aftermath) and Elvis dying. This has helped shape our opinions about things that someone who didn't live through can't fathom. I am not African American, but I do know that some of my friends from the early 70's suffered through the movement. This changes who you are, this changes your view.

For those of you that are younger, you will tell someone someday about this time in your life and how you did or didn't believe Michael was alive and how it changed you. They will not be able to grasp the full reality of your opinion, even if they are the most mature person for their age in the world. Understand, your opinion is not discounted, it is what you are at this stage of your life, and it is very important. But your views are shaped differently.

This is the reason why I love hearing stories about Michael from older members who've actually had the privilige to experience these extraordinary events in history. It must have truly been amazing and I wish I could have experienced it too, this amazing phenomena that will never be repeated again. How depressing is that? I long for old times when things were more romantic and magical and where surprises weren't so rare. Therefore I regularly check the introduction thread, to look for those lovely stories from older members. I'm not as young as the youngest members here on the forum but it saddens me that your friends haven't discovered the magic that is Michael and that some of you feel you have to hide your love for him  :(  We should all be proud of being his fans because we've embraced the positive side of humanity, i.e. beauty, sensitivity, passion, kindness, compassion, acceptance (and more) to me this is what Michael represents. But I remeber being 13 though it's a tough time and kids can be really mean. My niece is very young and she told me she likes Michael too I'm quite sure she was influenced by me and it makes me very happy  :D  I was lucky enough to grow up with friends that loved Michael too and we'd have Michael Jackson sessions just sitting around listening to his beautiful voice or dance like crazy  :D Michael was dfeinitely my first crush! He's a big part of my life and I will love him for all eternity.

Sorry about the long post... :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loma

February 11, 2010, 10:20:38 PM
I'm 16 and I know how some of these people feel.
My whole life has been built on a steady feed of Michael's talent and love, and some people mock me for it. Whenever I get to school, my friends flat out say "What's new with Michael?" They're not trying to make a joke of it, but it still kinda gets to you.
One fond memory I have is going to the Tower Records in Sacramento (R.I.P) with my sister and buying cds. I chose three. AQUA (a must have in the nineties), Janet Jackson (again.), and Off the Wall. I remember perfectly when the cashier looked down on me, smiled and walked to one of the shelves and quickly snatched up a couple Mike CDs, and put them in my bag. He only charged me for the 2. My mom was a bit reluctant, but he insisted. I played the hell outta those records! My favorite song was always "Black or White". I remember this like it was yesterday, even though it was 9 years ago.  :) I still have those; kinda beat up, but they're still there. I am definitely showing them to my kids in the future.
 Also, one thing I do when I meet smart little kids is ask them what they think about Michael. I've never really gotten a negative review, so that gives me hope.  :lol:
Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:26:13 PM by loma
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

mehere

February 11, 2010, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: "loyalfan"
OH DEAR I AM A DINOSAUR COMPARED TO YOU LOT....61........REMEMBER MICHEAL ON T.V.WHEN HE FIRST STARTED AS A LITTLE BOY.......XXXXX

No worries.  I got your back.

8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 11:00:11 PM
37!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 11, 2010, 11:25:26 PM
42 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 12, 2010, 02:43:06 AM
41  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 12, 2010, 12:18:23 PM
Quote from: "loma"
I'm 15 and I know how some of these people feel.
My whole life has been built on a steady feed of Michael's talent and love, and some people mock me for it. Whenever I get to school, my friends flat out say "What's new with Michael?" They're not trying to make a joke of it, but it still kinda gets to you.
One fond memory I have is going to the Tower Records in Sacramento (R.I.P) with my sister and buying cds. I chose three. AQUA (a must have in the nineties), Janet Jackson (again.), and Off the Wall. I remember perfectly when the cashier looked down on me, smiled and walked to one of the shelves and quickly snatched up a couple Mike CDs, and put them in my bag. He only charged me for the 2. My mom was a bit reluctant, but he insisted. I played the hell outta those records! My favorite song was always "Black or White". I remember this like it was yesterday, even though it was 9 years ago.  :) I still have those; kinda beat up, but they're still there. I am definitely showing them to my kids in the future.
 Also, one thing I do when I meet smart little kids is ask them what they think about Michael. I've never really gotten a negative review, so that gives me hope.  :lol:

Wow!! That's awesome! He just gave you the extra cds for free?? How sweet is that? Aww....

Yeah, my friend is always asking me what's new with Michael, every time she sees me on the computer...as if that's all I do while on here....It is most of what I do. LOL. But still...she has a tendency of easily offending people.

Awww...little kids and Michael...my little sister loves Mikey...I feel so proud. Lol. And whenever she makes a new friend (she's 6) she asks them if they like Michael Jackson. So far, they've all said yes. And she's always telling me about it with a big smile on her adorable little face.  :D There IS hope.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"When I feel that something is not right, I have to speak up. I know most people don\'t think of me as tough or strong-willed, but that\'s just because they don\'t know me."

[/b]

February 12, 2010, 12:34:45 PM
Quote from: "alovesmichael"
This is the reason why I love hearing stories about Michael from older members who've actually had the privilige to experience these extraordinary events in history. It must have truly been amazing and I wish I could have experienced it too, this amazing phenomena that will never be repeated again. How depressing is that? I long for old times when things were more romantic and magical and where surprises weren't so rare. Therefore I regularly check the introduction thread, to look for those lovely stories from older members. I'm not as young as the youngest members here on the forum but it saddens me that your friends haven't discovered the magic that is Michael and that some of you feel you have to hide your love for him  :(  We should all be proud of being his fans because we've embraced the positive side of humanity, i.e. beauty, sensitivity, passion, kindness, compassion, acceptance (and more) to me this is what Michael represents. But I remeber being 13 though it's a tough time and kids can be really mean. My niece is very young and she told me she likes Michael too I'm quite sure she was influenced by me and it makes me very happy  :D  I was lucky enough to grow up with friends that loved Michael too and we'd have Michael Jackson sessions just sitting around listening to his beautiful voice or dance like crazy  :D Michael was dfeinitely my first crush! He's a big part of my life and I will love him for all eternity.

Sorry about the long post... :P

Yes!! We should be proud to be Michael fans. We love him and he loves us. There's nothing 'crazy' or 'weird' about it. It is all the things you mentioned above.  ;) I know it's hard sometimes...especially in a group of people who don't care for him. But I've found that the best way to get someone to respect your opinions is to set a good example. Michael always said he tries to be like Jesus. That's one of the things I love so much about him. He didn't just say it. He really honestly and wholeheartedly lives life the best way a person could. Not that I know him but I get a basic feel of what he's like. I know he is a fantastic daddy and that he is all about peace and love. That is enough to make a normal girl like me love you. Lol. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[/b]