somekindofsign

Re: How old are you?
February 09, 2010, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: "YoungNewMJFan"
That's cool :) i feel the same way, I listen to my ipod before school and when somebody asks me what I'm listening to I change the song and say something like Taylor Swift XD the people at my school would just NOT understand why I like his music so much now :D

And do you understand why they like the music they hear?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I have some mixed CD in my car from June, I just can´t hear other  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My sister´s husband says he regrets Michael have died because he´s fed up!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But I just don´t hide who I am...
I like to be me   8-)
when I have something to solve, I just don´t stop till I get enough  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 09, 2010, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: "ForeverTrue"
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
yes, i am 13 also :P
all my friends know i am like, obsessed with Michael Jackson and they all think i'm just insane  :roll: but whatever, i'm not afraid of hiding anything
Same with me!!! They tell me what is so attractive about him i always say are u krazii!!!!
I am not ashamed to tell them how much i love him he's like everything to me ;)

oh my gosh me too  :lol: the sad part is though they don't believe he's alive, and so whenever i bring him up just out of the blue (which i occasionally do :P) one of my friends just gets up and shouts "HE'S DEAD! GET OVER IT!!" and i shout back "NO HE'S ALIVE YOU'LL ALL SEE" and after that we usually just laugh it off  8-)
Exactly!!! They always say he's dead how can you still be talking about hi that way if he's dead and i always say u have ur belief and i have mine plain and simple then I start talking about his gold pants with my friend Leontyne :lol: . I always think to myself do they honestly think he is dead even if he could be from what we see now honestly? But I'm the only one in my class that likes him like that lols that's hubby and they write his name all over my notebooks lols :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

February 09, 2010, 10:06:55 PM
all my friends know i am like, obsessed with Michael Jackson and they all think i'm just insane  :roll: but whatever, i'm not afraid of hiding anything
Same with me!!! They tell me what is so attractive about him i always say are u krazii!!!!

oh my gosh me too  :lol: the sad part is though they don't believe he's alive, and so whenever i bring him up just out of the blue (which i occasionally do :P) one of my friends just gets up and shouts "HE'S DEAD! GET OVER IT!!" and i shout back "NO HE'S ALIVE YOU'LL ALL SEE" and after that we usually just laugh it off  8-)
Exactly!!! They always say he's dead how can you still be talking about hi that way if he's dead and i always say u have ur belief and i have mine plain and simple then I start talking about his gold pants with my friend Leontyne :lol: . I always think to myself do they honestly think he is dead even if he could be from what we see now honestly? But I'm the only one in my class that likes him like that lols that's hubby and they write his name all over my notebooks lols :lol:  :lol:
:lol: gold pants  :P i cant get into detail about Michael cause then one of my friends will basically just go insane from listening to me talk about him all the time, and basically just attack me :?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=200]"Never regret anything that made you smile"[/size]

February 09, 2010, 10:34:12 PM

:lol: gold pants  :P i cant get into detail about Michael cause then one of my friends will basically just go insane from listening to me talk about him all the time, and basically just attack me :?  :lol:
Lols of course i only tell that 1 friend about the gold pants tho lols ;) but i think they attack us because they are jealous Mikey gets more attention lols :lol: Well that's how my friends are they feel neglected by me easily if i pay attention to Mikey more :lol:  :lol:  :lol: What about urs???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 09, 2010, 10:39:07 PM
I am 18 years old,
and I have grown up with Michael.
I've known the entire Thriller dance since I was 4 years old :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 09, 2010, 10:53:57 PM
I'm only 22, and as someone said, prior to his supposed death I only heard all the stupid stuff ath people always said about him. Honestly, i never really gave it much thought, but I remember dacning to his Thriller album in fourth grade at least once or twice a week (My fourth grade teacher really liked him apparnetly,a nd she'd make us dance to Thriller and Billie jean etc.).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Check out my blog at:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

February 09, 2010, 10:55:22 PM
Im almost 18!

He was the first American singer I ever heard of! and ofcourse I heared the rumors like u ppl, but I think where im from tabloids are not very big so thats why I guess I never had a negative impression of him or a positive one  necessarily!

but weeks b4 his "death" I started going back down memory lane and rememberd a lot of the music, and came across interviews and literally days b4 the "death" I became obsessed!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 10, 2010, 01:16:39 PM

Lols of course i only tell that 1 friend about the gold pants tho lols ;) but i think they attack us because they are jealous Mikey gets more attention lols :lol: Well that's how my friends are they feel neglected by me easily if i pay attention to Mikey more :lol:  :lol:  :lol: What about urs???
oh my friends, when i start talking about Michael, they have to like shout "WE KNOW, WE KNOW YOU LOVE MICHAEL, you don't have to talk about him ALL the time" and i'm like   :geek: so yah, my friends get kinda annoyed with me talking about Michael (but i love it, its so fun to annoy them, they have the funniest reactions)  :lol:  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=200]"Never regret anything that made you smile"[/size]

February 10, 2010, 01:23:00 PM

oh my friends, when i start talking about Michael, they have to like shout "WE KNOW, WE KNOW YOU LOVE MICHAEL, you don't have to talk about him ALL the time" and i'm like   :geek: so yah, my friends get kinda annoyed with me talking about Michael (but i love it, its so fun to annoy them, they have the funniest reactions)  :lol:  :)
Lools it sure is because i just go on and on about him to everyone lools :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

February 10, 2010, 01:27:56 PM
OH DEAR I AM A DINOSAUR COMPARED TO YOU LOT....61........REMEMBER MICHEAL ON T.V.WHEN HE FIRST STARTED AS A LITTLE BOY.......XXXXX
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Shout

February 10, 2010, 01:47:33 PM
Quote from: "reading_on"
I just realized that we have some really young people on this board. Since I was around to see Michael climb to fame, I feel like an old timer some times.

Also, it makes me wonder about the perspectives being posted. That could be why so many opinions are different.

So, I was wondering..How old are most of the people on the board?

I would like to know what really young means to you.

I think that the way how people explain their observations or gather arguments depends on many different factors (education, experience and the age but not only this  is why we can find here different opinions).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
At a time of pervasive fraud, it is a revolutionary act to say the truth!

(George Orwell)

February 10, 2010, 01:53:14 PM
Quote from: "Shout"
I just realized that we have some really young people on this board. Since I was around to see Michael climb to fame, I feel like an old timer some times.

Also, it makes me wonder about the perspectives being posted. That could be why so many opinions are different.

I think that the way how people explain their observations or gather arguments depends on many different factors (education, experience and the age but not only this  is why we can find here different opinions).

I agree, age doesn't really mean much. Think of how mature and smart Michael always was even as a young boy.

I do find it very interesting that so many young people are getting into this and trying to find the truth. That means Michael's legacy and music will live on no matter what.

I was surprised to see HOW young some people on here are. 13 just sounds seems like so long ago! I am 23 and I still feel pretty young. I was born in 86, right around Michael's "peak". I lived with my grandparents and my aunt was 12 years older than me, so she was a huge MJ fan of course. I really did grow up listening to him as well. I didn't want to listen to anything else or watch anything other than Thriller :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

February 10, 2010, 02:24:21 PM
Quote from: "Shout"

Sorry.. lol..when I say really young, that means what it is supposed to mean. If you are under the age of 18 that would be really young to me and then under the age of 30 is young, but not really young.  (at least I wanted people to still think of it as me being you when I was under 30). Age is age, you can't change that. So young is young.

Education and maturity can change opinions, but when you are younger, no matter how mature you are there are certain biological factors that effect you and that means your mind too. I was a VERY mature person when I was very young but you learn things as a matter of time and how you feel about them, so it would naturally effect your opinion.

For instance, for the ones who didn't live the through seeing Michael hurt on the Pepsi commercial they can never feel what we felt about his safety and his life. To them, this is history, to us it was something that happened that changed our heart and mind about him and his safety.
If you weren't there when the Jackson 5 first traveled the world, you can not have known how that changed us as a community. The world was accepting African American artists in a way that had never been done. We were changing, that meant our opinions were changing. Can you imagine how our opinions were altered when we first saw Michael make it to MTV? WOW! ...and.. then.. that infamous day.. the moonwalk.
We grew up with him.

We lived through the Black Panther Party rise to power, Martin Luther King Jr.being shot (I was just barely old enough to get this aftermath) and Elvis dying. This has helped shape our opinions about things that someone who didn't live through can't fathom.  I am not African American, but I do know that some of my friends from the early 70's suffered through the movement. This changes who you are, this changes your view.

For those of you that are younger, you will tell someone someday about this time in your life and how you did or didn't believe Michael was alive and how it changed you. They will not be able to grasp the full reality of your opinion, even if they are the most mature person for their age in the world. Understand, your opinion is not discounted, it  is what you are at this stage of your life, and it is very important. But your views are shaped differently.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

February 10, 2010, 02:25:35 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
I agree, age doesn't really mean much. Think of how mature and smart Michael always was even as a young boy.

I do find it very interesting that so many young people are getting into this and trying to find the truth. That means Michael's legacy and music will live on no matter what.

Exactly!  :D
I was surprised to see HOW young some people on here are. 13 just sounds seems like so long ago! I am 23 and I still feel pretty young. I was born in 86, right around Michael's "peak". I lived with my grandparents and my aunt was 12 years older than me, so she was a huge MJ fan of course. I really did grow up listening to him as well. I didn't want to listen to anything else or watch anything other than Thriller :)

Aww...so cool. I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up listening to his music.  :( BUT...thank God it will always be around. And good news is that I've turned my younger siblings into fans/admirers too. Hehe. Really...it's very touching. Christian, my 3 yr. old brother can recognize a pic of Michael from when he was 5 to the most recent ones.  :D He's so adorable. I have Michael posters all over my walls and when he walks into my room he says, "Hi, Michael Mackons." Can't say Jackson yet. But it's so precious!! Lol.

Oh and I'm 17 btw. Dangerous era.  :D And did I mention I LOVE Michael Jackson? Haha. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"When I feel that something is not right, I have to speak up. I know most people don\'t think of me as tough or strong-willed, but that\'s just because they don\'t know me."
~ Michael Jackson - Moonwalk

I\'ve enlisted in the army of L.O.V.E.
We\'re here for you, Michael. No matter what.
[/b]

MJLover1990

February 10, 2010, 02:31:54 PM
I'm almost 20 years old and I've grown up with Michael too since Dangerous era. :mrgreen:
Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:32:27 PM by MJLover1990
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions