'The Life Of David Gale': MAYBE LIKE MJ'S HOAX !!
February 05, 2010, 07:57:39 AM
Have you guys seen the movie 'The Life Of David Gale' ?

David Gale (Spacey) was head of the philosophy department at the (fictional) University of Austin, an author, and active member of Deathwatch, an anti-capital punishment activist group. At a graduation party, an inebriated David was seduced by Berlin, an attractive student who had previously tried to entice him into raising her failing grade, which resulted in her expulsion from school. After the party, she falsely accused Gale of rape. Berlin dropped the charges and fled but the negative publicity cost Gale his career and marriage.

Constance Harraway (Linney), a fellow Deathwatch activist, is a close friend, especially after Gale's wife left with their son to Spain. The custody laws there favor the mother and her father was the American ambassador, effectively shutting Gale out of his child's life. Harraway is found raped and murdered and Gale is charged and convicted, despite the best efforts of his lawyer.

Gale awaits execution. He agrees, for a substantial fee, to tell his story to Bitsey Bloom (Winslet), a journalist from a major news magazine. It becomes clear to Bloom that the details simply do not add up. A mysterious stranger slips evidence to her that suggest Gale has been framed, leaving Bloom only days to save Gale from execution.

An implication that the rapist videotaped the assault is replaced by the revelation that Harraway recorded herself committing suicide, since she was going to die soon regardless from an ongoing battle with leukemia. The video isn't found until moments before Gale's death. In a frenzy, Bloom tries to present the evidence to stop the execution. Unfortunately, she doesn't reach the courthouse in time and Gale dies an innocent man. The tape is released after his death, resulting in a media and political uproar.

In an epilogue, the mysterious stranger delivers the interview fee from the magazine to Gale's wife in Spain along with a postcard from Berlin apologizing for the false rape accusation. His ex-wife looks distraught, knowing Gale told the truth and that she effectively stole their child away from him.

A different videotape is delivered to Bloom, labeled "Off the Record." This one shows Dusty Wright, the mysterious stranger, who once also belonged to Deathwatch but was asked to leave due to his extremist beliefs, confirming Harraway's death and then stepping aside to allow Gale, also present, to leave his thumb print on a plastic bag that Harraway used to suffocate herself.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why does his family give so much interviews? Isn't it better to stay quiet in the sake of the hoax so no slip ups can't be made?

Why choose a death with a drug like propofol?

Why all this circus with legal stuff, the coming arrest of Murray etc?

Why are there sooooo many clues that indicate he indeed faked his death?

Why doesn't the family say that there is no hoax?

Maybe this hoax is something like the movie The Life Of David Gale. The family is giving as many details as possible (especially LaToya :lol: ) so his hoax won't loose it's credibility.

I think Michael is trying to say to the world that the media can make everything seems as believable as they want. To prove this point he does the exact same thing.
He tried to tell us before but most people didn't believe him, so he has to do something kinda extreme to wake everybody up.

What do you think?
Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:04:11 AM by Dancing_Machine
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Datroot

I was watching this film last week and immediately thought of the hoax.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

Quote from: "Datroot"
I was watching this film last week and immediately thought of the hoax.

It would make a lot of sense, doesn't it :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Quote from: "Dancing_Machine"
Have you guys seen the movie 'The Life Of David Gale' ?

David Gale (Spacey) was head of the philosophy department at the (fictional) University of Austin, an author, and active member of Deathwatch, an anti-capital punishment activist group. At a graduation party, an inebriated David was seduced by Berlin, an attractive student who had previously tried to entice him into raising her failing grade, which resulted in her expulsion from school. After the party, she falsely accused Gale of rape. Berlin dropped the charges and fled but the negative publicity cost Gale his career and marriage.

Constance Harraway (Linney), a fellow Deathwatch activist, is a close friend, especially after Gale's wife left with their son to Spain. The custody laws there favor the mother and her father was the American ambassador, effectively shutting Gale out of his child's life. Harraway is found raped and murdered and Gale is charged and convicted, despite the best efforts of his lawyer.

Gale awaits execution. He agrees, for a substantial fee, to tell his story to Bitsey Bloom (Winslet), a journalist from a major news magazine. It becomes clear to Bloom that the details simply do not add up. A mysterious stranger slips evidence to her that suggest Gale has been framed, leaving Bloom only days to save Gale from execution.

An implication that the rapist videotaped the assault is replaced by the revelation that Harraway recorded herself committing suicide, since she was going to die soon regardless from an ongoing battle with leukemia. The video isn't found until moments before Gale's death. In a frenzy, Bloom tries to present the evidence to stop the execution. Unfortunately, she doesn't reach the courthouse in time and Gale dies an innocent man. The tape is released after his death, resulting in a media and political uproar.

In an epilogue, the mysterious stranger delivers the interview fee from the magazine to Gale's wife in Spain along with a postcard from Berlin apologizing for the false rape accusation. His ex-wife looks distraught, knowing Gale told the truth and that she effectively stole their child away from him.

A different videotape is delivered to Bloom, labeled "Off the Record." This one shows Dusty Wright, the mysterious stranger, who once also belonged to Deathwatch but was asked to leave due to his extremist beliefs, confirming Harraway's death and then stepping aside to allow Gale, also present, to leave his thumb print on a plastic bag that Harraway used to suffocate herself.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why does his family give so much interviews? Isn't it better to stay quiet in the sake of the hoax so no slip ups can't be made?

Why choose a death with a drug like propofol?

Why all this circus with legal stuff, the coming arrest of Murray etc?

Why are there sooooo many clues that indicate he indeed faked his death?

Why doesn't the family say that there is no hoax?

Maybe this hoax is something like the movie The Life Of David Gale. The family is giving as many details as possible (especially LaToya :lol: ) so his hoax won't loose it's credibility.

I think Michael is trying to say to the world that the media can make everything seems as believable as they want. To prove this point he does the exact same thing.
He tried to tell us before but most people didn't believe him, so he has to do something kinda extreme to wake everybody up.

What do you think?

I couldn't have said it better myself...I agree 100% great post!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLuva84, thanks. I really think this is Michael's way to get the whole world's attention for his message.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

I just had another thought; maybe the missing tapes of june 25th will appear again after he returns. Because it shows the planning of the disappearance. Just a thought.  :geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Quote from: "Dancing_Machine"
I just had another thought; maybe the missing tapes of june 25th will appear again after he returns. Because it shows the planning of the disappearance. Just a thought.  :geek:
good thinking!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

For the ones who have a bad feeling right now (including me...)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

CC

maybe a video tape of the security cam with MJ alive will be enough... like the layers are trying to have MJ back from death like a real thriller... ;)

"Dr. Conrad Murray's star defense witness in the involuntary manslaughter case against him for the death Michael Jackson will be Jackson himself!

Murray's defense team plans to resurrect Michael from his grave, in a manner reminiscent of his thriller video, to defend their client."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Quote from: "CC"
maybe a video tape of the security cam with MJ alive will be enough... like the layers are trying to have MJ back from death like a real thriller... ;)

"Dr. Conrad Murray's star defense witness in the involuntary manslaughter case against him for the death Michael Jackson will be Jackson himself!

Murray's defense team plans to resurrect Michael from his grave, in a manner reminiscent of his thriller video, to defend their client."

That would be a real Thriller  :lol:
But seriously that could be a possibility, with 1 tape of Michael escaping on june 25th would make the world stand still
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

wow, i have seen the film but i never thought about the connection with the missing tapes in mj's house...maybe the tapes are the key and will gradualy reveal the hoax...but the question is : who has them??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=85]...since you went away, Don\'t you know
I sit around with my head hanging down,
And I wonder...who\'s loving you!?[/size]
[/i]

Quote from: "badloving"

wow, i have seen the film but i never thought about the connection with the missing tapes in mj's house...maybe the tapes are the key and will gradualy reveal the hoax...but the question is : who has them??

Not just the tapes, the whole story reminds me kinda of this hoax  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions