Re: Weekly World News - Must See!!!
June 23, 2010, 08:37:06 PM
Sorry the previous post in Portuguese. :oops:  I believe it is a bad joke, because they already got the name wrong on purpose?  :lol: :roll:

"Our team found that the King of Pop, Micahel Jackson, will hold a special celebration at Neverland Ranch ...."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 23, 2010, 09:36:23 PM
I don't believe anything on that site.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 23, 2010, 10:42:26 PM
Quote from: "Loud"
I would like to know whether this is a joke side, it seems to me that they are joking. Does anyone know?

It’s a tabloid like all the rest.

According to Wikipedia:
“The Weekly World News was a supermarket tabloid published in the United States from 1979 to 2007, renowned for its outlandish cover stories often based on supernatural or paranormal themes and an approach to news that verged on the satirical. Its characteristic black-and-white covers have become pop-culture images widely used in the arts.”

At the very bottle of that page that is linked above You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... niversary/   it says:

“Copyright © 2009 Bat Boy LLC
WEEKLY WORLD NEWS and related marks are trademark of Bat Boy LLC”

Now on this site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It has the following story:

PECKER'S ZANY MAG RESCUED
By PETER LAURIA
Last Updated: 1:30 PM, October 14, 2008
Posted: 4:23 AM, October 12, 2008

Enter Bat Boy LLC.

The newly formed company plans to announce as soon as today that it has acquired supermarket schlock publication, "Weekly World News," from David Pecker's troubled American Media Inc.

Featuring the tongue-in-cheek tagline, "The World's Only Reliable News," the tabloid is famous for covering stories with "characters" such as the Lake Erie Monster, Ph.D. Ape, Baby Lion Tamer, and of course, Bat Boy, the half-boy, half-bat creature from which the publication's new owners take its name.

"We think this is the greatest alternative media vehicle in the universe," CEO Neil McGinness said, echoing the same hyperbolic fashion that is the hallmark of his new tabloid's stories. "We look at this new company kind of like Marvel before it got into movies."

Indeed, McGinness, a former vice president of entertainment for IMG Media, is already following Marvel's model and moving the "Weekly World News" into merchandising and movie licensing.

McGinness has already struck deals to splash the tabloid's characters on posters, greeting cards, and calendars. Bat Boy, for instance, is in the process of writing a memoir called "The Audacity of Sonar."

McGinness has also scored product placement for his title in movies by Dreamworks and Warner Bros. The investor would not disclose terms of the deal.

A replica of the "Weekly World News" cover was used in the Ben Stiller film "Tropic Thunder," and will be featured in the upcoming "Cats & Dogs" sequel.

While consumer products and licensing have created ancillary revenue lines for Bat Boy, for now the focus will be on the "Weekly World News" Web site. Since its re-launch on Aug. 25, the site has attracted 128,000 unique visitors and 275,000 page views.

"The conspiracy theorists that love the alien abduction and Big Foot whereabouts stories definitely live online," McGinness said, adding that the tabloid will still be published as a weekly insert in some newspapers.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So I repeat, it’s tabloid trash! :roll: With a website.

Blessings to you all up “on the wings of love!”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

GoOoF

June 24, 2010, 05:10:07 AM
There is a post on the site about Megan Fox being a man. :lol:
GARBAGE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 24, 2010, 06:06:10 AM
Damn, got all excited then!  :oops:  :P I thought at first it was quite credible, until I read the above comments. Especially:

Quote from: "GoOoF"
There is a post on the site about Megan Fox being a man. :lol:
GARBAGE.

:roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :oops:  :D

I'm sure he's out there somewhere laughing his head off at this crap  :lol:  :roll:  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions