The real reason of MJ`s breakdown in late 1993
January 27, 2010, 10:36:27 AM
... did you actually know that this was not because of an increasing dependency of presciption medication but in fact a nervous breakdown - additionally triggered by stress-related exhaustion / dehydration?

The real and final cause was the death of his grandfather (Samuel Jackson, Joe`s father) who died from a heart attack - supposedly because of the negative media coverage of the Chandler allegations ... MJ broke down when he finally realized this - and the severeness of the case - to full extend (since he was touring abroad his entourage had managed to keep it away from him).

It was actually Liz Taylor`s idea to excuse the - undoubtly necessary - break/rehab with medication dependency (that`s what she was familiar with). Her way of helping him out ...
Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:09:41 PM by Aintnosunshine
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E.  Aintnosunshine[/size]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes I did read about it, however I think the reason does not always have one answer I think it due to several reasons and it became too much to handle which is udnerstandable.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

Ansolutely understandable, yes,  there was no other option!

He was in desperate need of salvation ... and still is (I hope).

And that`s what he gave us from early on:

Remember: "You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back - wherever is love, I`ll be there ..."

" Just look over your shoulders, honey ...!  "
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

you know you guys amaze me.. i never knew stuff like this, and to be honest i never really looked into his personal life, to me thats personal so i left it like that.. i think the most personal i have got is reading moonwalk!! oh and his home movies!!

i do find it interesting tho.. :) and sad  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"
... did you actually know that this was not because of an increasing dependency of presciption medication but in fact a nervous breakdown - additionally triggered by stress-related exhaustion / dehydration?

The real and final cause was the death of his grandfather (Samuel Jackson, Joe`s father) who suffered a heart attack - supposedly because of the negative media coverage of the Chandler allegations ... MJ broke down when he finally realized this - and the severeness of the allegations - to full extend (since he was touring abroad his entourage had managed to keep it away from him).

It was actually Liz Taylor`s idea to excuse the - undoubtly necessary - break/rehab with medication dependency (that`s what she was familiar with). Her way of helping him out ...

I watched a video somewhere of Liz Taylor giving a statement about the situation at the time that Michael had been a victim of Mind Control and was going thru deprograming at the moment.  There was also a drug dependancy issue that was not of his own doing.  I wish I could remember where I saw it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "jill"
Quote from: "Aintnosunshine"

The real and final cause was the death of his grandfather (Samuel Jackson, Joe`s father) who suffered a heart attack - supposedly because of the negative media coverage of the Chandler allegations ... MJ broke down when he finally realized this - and the severeness of the allegations - to full extend (since he was touring abroad his entourage had managed to keep it away from him).

I watched a video somewhere of Liz Taylor giving a statement about the situation at the time that Michael had been a victim of Mind Control and was going thru deprograming at the moment.  There was also a drug dependancy issue that was not of his own doing.  I wish I could remember where I saw it.
can u post a link please
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

I'll try to find it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "jill"
I'll try to find it.

I doubt that. Liz Taylor never talked about mind control. She defended him in general (i.e. molestation issues were ridiculous) and she tried to explain his distress/pressure being on tour as a reason for an increasing dependency on painkillers ....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

I only found one on Youtube but Elizabeth Taylor was speaking from here in the states.  The one I saw was a press conference given in London.  It is not on Youtube.  I remember seeing it on a web site late one night when I was searching for info on MJ.  I will keep looking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

Thankyou i did not know that  i think liz is a true friend she said she would never betra him and tell people of his where abouts at that time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think it was true MJ was addicted to painkillers at this time.
MJ image was very anti drugs at that time and it was painful for him to admit addiction.  Dont see why he would lie and make that up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
MJ image was very anti drugs at that time and it was painful for him to admit addiction.  Dont see why he would lie and make that up.
I agree with you. I know MJ was addicted to painkillers. I was actually happy for him when he finally admitted to it because the first step to helping ur problem is realising you have a problem and admitting it. I dont know why ppl critized him for it though they didnt realize that him saying that was actually baby steps to him changing for the better...tusk tusk people just hear what he says...they dont truly listen to what he says...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "i_need YoU"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
I agree with you. I know MJ was addicted to painkillers. I was actually happy for him when he finally admitted to it because the first step to helping ur problem is realising you have a problem and admitting it. I dont know why ppl critized him for it though they didnt realize that him saying that was actually baby steps to him changing for the better...tusk tusk people just hear what he says...they dont truly listen to what he says...

OK, I did not intend to deny this. And of course there had to be a "serious" reason to cancel the concerts (a major insurance issue).

Yes,  there might be some truth in his presciption medication use at the time this as well.

I just wanted to add and point out that there was some more ... i.e.:

MJ was definitely not aware of all the media hype (since he was supposed to perform these news were carefully kept away from him). ... Now just imagine how he must have felt when his parents called telling him about Samuel`s death and the suppoesed reason.

That was when he first realized that this huge media coverage existed and how it interfered in his private life and how major news these disgusting articles were - all over the world. His public image AND his personal reputation destroyed, literally.

Of course it would be more than understandable if he was in need of medical treatment then ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions