Re: The kids might be performing?!!!
January 28, 2010, 06:10:19 PM
In one article I saw, it said "longtime associate". His name is Ken Ehlrich & sorry he is the Co-Executive Producer of the Grammys. He's worked w/ Michael for 30 years, on Grammy performances. Here's one article someone posted, couldn't find the very first one I read w/ the specific words "longtime associate" though.

Michael Jackson will be a focal point of this year's Grammys award show, with an unprecedented posthumous tribute. The Grammys will broadcast a 3-D clip the singer made for his hit "Earth Song", a video that was to be integral to his comeback concerts in London but never happened because of his death.

Usher, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and Smokey Robinson will perform alongside the clip, which will be the first time an awards show will feature 3-D.

"Whenever we would do a show with (Jackson), the first thing he would say to me was, ' How can we do something we (have) never done before? And now we're doing something that hasn't been done before," said Ken Ehrlich, the Grammy telecast's co-executive producer, who worked with Jackson for almost 30 years.

Ehrlich produced the televised memorial to Jackson to last year. He was with the singer the night before he died----and that's when he first saw the 3-D clip of "Earth Song".

While a part of the clip was shown in the recent movie documentary, "This Is It," Ehrlich says the Grammys will show the full piece in 3-D. When he saw it with Jackson that night, Ehrlich said the singer was moved to tears.

Ehrlich decided to use the five-minute 3-D clip at the Grammys to produce a show-stopper worthy of Jackson , who provided the awards show with some of its most memorable moments, including his then-historic eight Grammys wins in 1984.

"The promise is this is going to be pretty spectacular," he said. Viewers can get free 3-D "Grammy" glasses from Target stores nationwide through Jan. 31, when the 52nd annual Grammy Awards will air live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on CBS. Ehrlich says TV viewers can see the clip without the glasses, but won't see the 3-D effect.

Jackson will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy during the show.

"This is the one award from us that Michael never received," said Recording Academy President and CEO, Neil Portnow.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The kids might be performing?!!!
January 28, 2010, 06:23:16 PM
there is another thread on this so I'm merging...again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

Aah... Ken Elrich.. he is the one who met MJ the night before he "died" and MJ promised him he would perform at the Grammys this year...  yes it all comes together!!!!!   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think we have made a connection here.

see this thread also:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson may have declined an appearance at last year’s Grammy Awards, but he’ll make it into this year’s program—in 3D, that is.

A star-studded production number has been planned for the Jan. 31 show that would bring back the late pop star, if not physically then at least in spirit, to the Grammy stage where he’s had stellar performances in the past—most notably a highly charged rendition of “Man In The Mirror” backed by a gospel choir in 1988.

Jackson had reportedly promised the show’s producers last year that he would make an appearance the following year.

Hopes for a Jackson production number were dashed when the King of Pop suddenly died on June 25, 2009, just days away from flying to London to begin dress rehearsals for his would-be concert residency at the O2 Arena.

Grammys show producer Ken Elrich recalls meeting Jackson the night before he died to watch the “Earth Song” film clip that would have been used for the concerts. As it stands, the beautifully shot short film has become one of the two visual centerpieces that figured in the concert movie “This Is It” instead.

As a fitting honor to Jackson, the producers of the show rejected the notion of having other artists perform Jackson’s song. Instead, the 3D film of “Earth Song” with Jackson’s 3D image will be accompanied by performers such as Jackson friend and mentor Smokey Robinson and Jackson fan Usher; as well as Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and Celine Dion, as reported.

This number could potentially be one of the most memorable to be put together by the Grammy Awards producers since this is the first time an awards show would feature 3D.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "liegi"
I've just read on Contact Music that they are appearing on the show and they will perform.  I am confused--did Midnight MLK already tweet that and if yes, when?  Remember Geraldo's interview with MJ. Michael stated that the kids wanted to perform.

MidnightMLK first started mentioning the show i think sometime in december...i don't remember exactly when, but I do know that it was before it was announced that the kids would be there
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let me bathe in my own time when I come back in. I\'m gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I\'m gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"

UPDATE: I just turned on Larry King because I wanted to catch any updates on Haiti & it scrolled across the bottom of the screen that the kids will be ACCEPTING MJ's award. It didn't ssay anything about performing. I think it's great that they are being allowed to accept on behalf of their dad. It's so sweet & they are the ones who should accept for him. I wonder who will speak one or all? Everyone can feel better now though they aren't being pushed into the business. Thank goodness!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So who's this Midnightmlk? Look at these odd tweets...

Proof will come.
12:52 AM Jan 25th from web

So much to do tonight... Sometimes I get scared, but then I remember what he told me. I cried last night, but I'm better today. Home now.
10:08 PM Jan 13th from web
Reply Retweet    

He said there are stages to it: shock, denial, anger, & acceptance, & that acceptance will be like nothing we've seen/felt, & I believe him.
10:06 PM Jan 13th from web

He said there will be issues raised, but they'll clear up afterwards because of the people he knows, or something. I guess that's good.
10:05 PM Jan 13th from web

I'm getting impatient...so ready for the drama to be over so things can get back to normal. It's coming to a head. I'm so ready for this.
2:12 PM Jan 9th from web
Reply Retweet

And he/she keeps talking about the "children" all the time. Even a "Ken" which I believe to be Kenny Ortega is also mentioned... Who is this? And is this person giving us some clues?
Please someone answer me  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Twitter: @walkietalkiee

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Quote from: "Smooth-Criminal"
So who's this Midnightmlk? Look at these odd tweets...

Proof will come.
12:52 AM Jan 25th from web

So much to do tonight... Sometimes I get scared, but then I remember what he told me. I cried last night, but I'm better today. Home now.
10:08 PM Jan 13th from web
Reply Retweet    

He said there are stages to it: shock, denial, anger, & acceptance, & that acceptance will be like nothing we've seen/felt, & I believe him.
10:06 PM Jan 13th from web

He said there will be issues raised, but they'll clear up afterwards because of the people he knows, or something. I guess that's good.
10:05 PM Jan 13th from web

I'm getting impatient...so ready for the drama to be over so things can get back to normal. It's coming to a head. I'm so ready for this.
2:12 PM Jan 9th from web
Reply Retweet

And he/she keeps talking about the "children" all the time. Even a "Ken" which I believe to be Kenny Ortega is also mentioned... Who is this? And is this person giving us some clues?
Please someone answer me  :(

I wrote about it on the previous page :D  Whoever that person is, I've started to believe that s/he is someone from inside because s/he has been talking about the "show" and how kids are getting ready for it and days later we learn that MJ kids are going to accpt the award at Grammys :D So I think MidnightMlk is someone from inside ;) :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PureLove"
I wrote about it on the previous page  Whoever that person is, I've started to believe that s/he is someone from inside because s/he has been talking about the "show" and how kids are getting ready for it and days later we learn that MJ kids are going to accpt the award at Grammys  So I think MidnightMlk is someone from inside  

I think that too.
Just now I remembered that a month ago , actually I think it was before  Christmas , that someone said to follow Jenuary and that something big  will come up  about the kids.
And I was wondered what it could possibly be. And now this  :o  :o
Can anyone else remember this and who was the informer ??? 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WOW...this is getting interesting. This MidnightMlk person really said all of this stuff in December? Hmm...That's sooo weird, normally I'd think this person is probably just playing around & trying to hype us all up about nothing. But how would just anybody, if they were trying to pull our legs, know to say the "kids" are getting ready for the "show" before the news even broke about them attending the Grammys? I think you all are right, this person could be an "insider".  :shock: Just when a lot of people thought things had gotten quiet & were worried. All of a sudden, here we are back at strange again lol. Even the whole Elrich guy meeting w/ Michael the day before his "death" & planning this but us just now hearing about it. That's interesting too. Michael sure was a busy guy that day...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Midnightmlk is someone very close to "the kids". If those children he/she mentions are MJ's then you would think of someone like Grace the nanny or Omer...?
BUT, on the other hand, this individual tweeted about endind the scripts... maybe the scripts Prince and Paris are going use on Grammy's (?) I don't think Grace or Omer are doing that, honestly.

This is very strange... I'll keep following this person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also noticed Midnightmlk's Twitter image is a Neverland Clock... ?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah, I don't think that it would be them either. It's very strange though. Please do keep following them & please post anything else you find. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions