Thanks for the link ejay...guess I'll make my own 3D glasses and hope it'll work ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think it would be horrible to drag the kids in the spotlight like this. Okay, Paris and Prince might want to do this, but Blanket? Look at him when he was on stage for the memorial. Little baby felt so lost there. I thought it was horrible to do that to the kids... especially Blanket.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

Quote from: "Bee Bee"
I think it would be horrible to drag the kids in the spotlight like this. Okay, Paris and Prince might want to do this, but Blanket? Look at him when he was on stage for the memorial. Little baby felt so lost there. I thought it was horrible to do that to the kids... especially Blanket.

I cant decide how i feel about the MJ kids performing at the Grammys... it feels all wrong.

I mean.. they are not MJ. Remember how we feel about Lisa Marie Presley... she isnt Elvis and doing this to the kids is setting them up for a fall. The kids will never be successful as their father and i dont think they should be put in the spotlight like this.

MJ always wanted his kids out of the spotlight....   what if MJ really has gone, he wouldnt approve.

I dont think trying to mould the kids into MJs image will work... they are not and never will be their father and thats just the truth.
Look at all the other kids of famous parents... they always fall and go off the rails because they cannot be someone they are not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The kids might be performing?!!!
January 27, 2010, 05:14:54 PM
It's being rumored that they will be participating in the tribute @ the Grammy's.  :o

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Source: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

Tue., Jan. 26, 2010 7:30 PM PST by Ken Baker, Ashley Fultz and Lindsay Miller
Paris Jackson, Blanket Jackson, Prince Jackson, Michael Jackson, Memorial AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, Pool

Will the King of Pop's kids be singing his praises this weekend?

A source tells E! News exclusively that Grammy Awards producers have been making a last-minute effort to incorporate in some capacity Michael Jackson's children—Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket—into Sunday night's tribute to their late father.

The Grammys tribute will feature a 3-D minimovie set to Jackson's "Earth Song," which was going to be featured in his This is It tour.

"They've been working on everything from them singing to just making an appearance," the Grammys insider says of the little Jacksons' possible involvement.

When contacted for comment, a rep for the Grammy Awards telecast says she wasn't aware of the participation of the Jackson children. A family rep couldn't be reached for comment.

But a source close to the Jackson family tells E! News that as of Tuesday night, the children "might" be there. The source confirms that several members of the Jackson family, including father Joe, are scheduled to attend the Grammys.

"They might go, but Kate [Kathryn, their grandmother] is very protective of having them in front of the cameras, so I doubt they will walk the carpet," says the source.

Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Céline Dion and Smokey Robinson are among the confirmed participants in the Jackson tribute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

Re: The kids might be performing?!!!
January 27, 2010, 05:16:27 PM
I hope they dont put the children up there thats my view
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 05:18:12 PM
I cant decide how i feel about the MJ kids performing at the Grammys... it feels all wrong.

I mean.. they are not MJ. Remember how we feel about Lisa Marie Presley... she isnt Elvis and doing this to the kids is setting them up for a fall. The kids will never be successful as their father and i dont think they should be put in the spotlight like this.

MJ always wanted his kids out of the spotlight.... what if MJ really has gone, he wouldnt approve.

I dont think trying to mould the kids into MJs image will work... they are not and never will be their father and thats just the truth.
Look at all the other kids of famous parents... they always fall and go off the rails because they cannot be someone they are not.

That may sound harsh.. but its the truth i feel.  MJ was one of a kind and his children will not match up and asking them to try to will be a major upheavel for them and end in heartache.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:28:26 PM
I get where you both are coming from. & I feel it's wrong to put the children out there in the spotlight too. But at the same time, who knows if they are "being told" to do this or if they "wanted" to participate in a tribute to the father they loved so much doing what he loved. I'm not saying that they did because I have no idea but Paris & Prince are old enough to have an opinion about such things & to be able to say I want to be a part of the tribute too! & Blanket may want to do it because they want to. You never know for sure what the deal is behind the scene. Nobody knows these kids & how they feel or what they want. So we have no place to say "that's not right" "they don't want this" they are being forced to do this" etc. etc. If them participating is something they want to do, I support them doing it. Now, if it turns out to be someone trying to put them out there in the way you both mentioned then of course it IS wrong & I am against it as well. It all does kind of make me wonder though, if he is still alive because I just don't see the kids performing in the tribute fitting into the hoax at all? Unless maybe they told him they wanted to perform? Guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens. Maybe they'll just be there to accept his award for him. That would be fine to me, then at least Jermaine won't be able to turn it into a "moment" for himself & HIS kids.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

January 27, 2010, 06:38:46 PM
I'm kind of struggling with this one. I don't like the thought of them being in the spotlight...but, I think to recieve his "Lifetime Achievement Award", it would be so awesome if Janet or Ms. Katherine would walk on stage with the children and let them accept the award. I am so sick of seeing Jermaine and his kids accepting awards for Prince, Paris and Blankets father. I think THEY should have this moment. JMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
@teine... the point i am trying to make, and probably not very well... is look at Lisa Marie.  She went off the rails massively when she was younger.   Because how do you follow in Elvis footsteps???  She was always compared to him, and asked about him... and she could never live up to that expectation.  It was too huge a task and that is what Mjs children face if they attempt to become performers too...   to follow in MJs footsteps is too huge a task and, comparitevly to other celebs children, it has never been done.  Geniouses and innovators come around once in a lifetime and from the most unexpected places.

I fear these children will be eaten alive in the wake of their father... maybe not now but you wait a few years when they hit their late teens and start to find their way in the World and try to figure out their place and their own identities.

If MJ really has gone, then they will be left floundering without his help and guidance.  Its a sad and tragic prediction but i fear it is one that they are heading towards.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:41:21 PM
& another thing. No they are not Michael but if they are performing I don't really think it's because they are TRYING to be him. They would be honoring him, their FATHER. Which would be normal for a child to want to honor their father & make him proud. & I'm not really sure anyone else would be trying to make them into mini-Michaels either. I highly doubt Katherine would allow that. They say she is being protective so I'm sure there would have to be a good reason other than trying to make them into superstar children of the King of Pop, for them to be allowed to do this. & also, who knows who else is going to take part, maybe the brothers are going to be a part of the tribute in some way or Janet or Omer or someone & the kids decided they wanted to take part too. Like I said you never know...just wait & see what happens, it might be just a small little thing they take part in & imo that would be fine. Or like I said they might just be there to accept the award after the tribute or something. They won't be walking the red carpet, so no questions/interviews or photo-ops. If they make whatever the kids are doing into a big show thing & it seems forced or put on by Joe or Jermaine or someone crazy like that, then that's different.

@hope - That's what I was thinking too & that's fine to me. Why shouldn't they be able to accept an award for their father? & I am SICK of Jermaine period! lol  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:44:56 PM
@teine.. im not saying they are trying to be like Michael...  but they will suffer in his wake.  He was a supernova.  Hard to live up to that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:52:32 PM
@DancingTheDream - I get what you're saying. I understand that, but them performing in a tribute doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to become performers & be huge stars like their father. It could just be that they said we want to participate in this too because someone else from the family is. & from what's been said they already liked to perform before their father "died" so I don't think they are being molded to be like that, I think they just enjoy it. Also, yeah it is very hard for children of huge stars to be in the spotlight, but sadly being watched by the public, the scrutiny & everything else happens whether or not you try to become a star yourself. Aside from Michael their uncless & aunts are pretty famous as well, they will always be known for that, regardless. It comes with being the child of a pop star & part of a famous family, not saying I think it's right, I'm just saying that's something nobody has control over. Michael is a great father to them for protecting them, but kids grow up, he wouldn't be able to do that forever. I think if the case is they wanted to do this for him, that's fine for them as long as it is done for ONLY that reason. & I hope nobody tries to force them into the music business or anything after this. I don't think Katherine will allow it & that's something she DOES have control over as their legal guardian.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:56:53 PM
@DancingTheDream - That is true. I completely agree, they can't live up to him & they will be compared to him. I wish that wouldn't happen, but unfortunately it will. I'm torn on this, because I think it will be very sweet if the case is that they want to honor their dad & I want them to be able to accept his award. But at the same time, there are cruel people out there who will say things about them like you said & they will be compared to their father: the GREATEST of all time.   :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 07:48:47 PM
My view point on this is that the only way the family (Katherine in particular) would let those kids up on stage to perform is if they were up there with their FATHER. I think either way it is a deciding point, I don't think they would put the kids up there in the spotlight and have them talk about their father being dead unless he is actually gone, I feel that if they get up their and talk about their father and MJ doesn't come back that night that he is really gone. But on the other hand it could go the other way they could get up their and re-introduce their father to the world. Does that make any sense : )

Just a thought....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Bee Bee"

I really agree.

I love the picture on your signature, btw! (: ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions