Hazzely

Quote from: "CC"
THANKS HAZZELY!
IS STRANGE THAT THIS SITE IS COMING SOON ALMOST 9 YEARS LATER, DON´T YOU THINK?
COULD THIS BE THE TIME OF PLANNING THIS HOAX?
I´M LOST NOW... :roll:

But we don't know if this site ( wwww.thefinalcurtain.com )is related to Michael's HOAX ;/
I don't think so though
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

CC

Quote from: "Hazzely"
THANKS HAZZELY!

But we don't know if this site ( wwww.thefinalcurtain.com )is related to Michael's HOAX ;/
I don't think so though

YES, WE DON´T KNOW... BUT THE BOWLER HAT AND THE CEMENTERY PICTURE BEHIND :?  LOOKS LIKE THRILLER! I THINK WHE BAM WILL COME WHEN THE MEDIA TAKE NOTICE OF ALL THIS, THAT WILL BE THE BAM! AND EVENTUALLY MJ WILL RETURN... THE BAM! WILL BE THE SOUND OF MASSIVE JAW DROPPING AROUND THE WORLD!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Hazzely

Quote from: "Hazzely"
THANKS HAZZELY!

I don't think so though

YES, WE DON´T KNOW... BUT THE BOWLER HAT AND THE CEMENTERY PICTURE BEHIND :?  LOOKS LIKE THRILLER! I THINK WHE BAM WILL COME WHEN THE MEDIA TAKE NOTICE OF ALL THIS, THAT WILL BE THE BAM! AND EVENTUALLY MJ WILL RETURN... THE BAM! WILL BE THE SOUND OF MASSIVE JAW DROPPING AROUND THE WORLD!

Well The Final Curtain was also about burials, cemeteries, death .. It may point to thriller but I don't think so. I think it just bring back what in 2000 the site was about..
But what I don't get is.. why "coming soon"? What are they planning to do with this site again? Lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

This is too much of a coincedence.  Way to much as far as I am concerned.  I am getting the cold chill bumps just thinking about it.....

Thanks Hazzely..............What a great way to start my day....
Who needs coffee  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS LOOONG TIME AGO, BUT NEVER SEE ALL THIS INFO! THANKS HAZZELY! AN THAT SITE You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login SOMEONE CAN SEARCH WHO IS THE OWNER AND ALL THAT? IS THIS SCARY???? I HOPE THIS IS THE FINAL CURTAIN, THIS IS IT! I REALLY HOPE SO! :|

IN THAT SITE, IS THAT A BOWLER HAT? AND THE CEMENTERY IMAGE LOOKS LIKE THRILLER... :roll:

:arrow: Waouh, that's could be a good website  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

Reminder to read tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way..."

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS LOOONG TIME AGO, BUT NEVER SEE ALL THIS INFO! THANKS HAZZELY! AN THAT SITE You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login SOMEONE CAN SEARCH WHO IS THE OWNER AND ALL THAT? IS THIS SCARY???? I HOPE THIS IS THE FINAL CURTAIN, THIS IS IT! I REALLY HOPE SO! :|

IN THAT SITE, IS THAT A BOWLER HAT? AND THE CEMENTERY IMAGE LOOKS LIKE THRILLER... :roll:
:o  :shock:  :mrgreen:  ...coming soon?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just came across this sentence in the Taraborelli book again. I sometimes feel all answers to the hoax are in there...well anyway here is what he wrote bout The Final Curtain: (the context: 1984, MJ has been "forced" to sign for the Victory tour but doesn't like the idea. HE wants to rename it The Final Curtain)

"When Michael got back to Los Angeles, he met with Joseph, Katherine, his brothers and Don King to tell them what he had decided about the tour. "I want to rename it" he said. "I don't like Victory Tour. I want to call it The Final Curtain"
"None of the brothers liked that name at all", Marlon recalled. "Our parents didn't like it either. Michael was making it sound like a funeral, like someone had died. But we weren't dying"

p. 289, the magic and the madness, reedition of 2009
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hazzely

Quote from: "PrettyYoungTeletubby"
Just came across this sentence in the Taraborelli book again. I sometimes feel all answers to the hoax are in there...well anyway here is what he wrote bout The Final Curtain: (the context: 1984, MJ has been "forced" to sign for the Victory tour but doesn't like the idea. HE wants to rename it The Final Curtain)

"When Michael got back to Los Angeles, he met with Joseph, Katherine, his brothers and Don King to tell them what he had decided about the tour. "I want to rename it" he said. "I don't like Victory Tour. I want to call it The Final Curtain"
"None of the brothers liked that name at all", Marlon recalled. "Our parents didn't like it either. Michael was making it sound like a funeral, like someone had died. But we weren't dying"

p. 289, the magic and the madness, reedition of 2009

But Skaggs's hoax was in 2000  :?  and according to that Michael wanted to use that name in the 80s.
I'm so lost now..
Still maybe Skaggs was an inspiration for him anyway

Look what I have found... we know Michael loved noir films (Smooth criminal in TII is just another proof of that)

I searched for "Final curtain meaning" (maybe it had some specific symbolism) and i got:

Nightfall (1957): The final curtain call for classic noir film

PLOT:
The film tells of commercial artist James Vanning (Aldo Ray) and his friend, Dr. Edward Gurston (Frank Albertson). They are on a hunting and fishing trip in Wyoming. They stop to help two men with car problems. The two men, John (Brian Keith) and Red (Rudy Bond), are bank robbers, fleeing with the loot and don't plan on leaving any witnesses. They murder Gurston using Vanning's hunting rifle, but through luck Vanning survives. He's knocked out cold but still alive. He awakens to discover the stolen money, left behind by mistake, and runs with it from the returning hoods. He gets away but loses the bag in the blizzard that hits Wyoming.

Now a more detailed explanation & review:

“This is what they call the point of no return my friend.”

Nightfall is a work of striking juxtapositions and tones that by picture end, come off like a wonderfully disarming person—you’re charmed, even a bit disturbed, but you’re not sure what to make of it all. It opens at night, in the neon lit, Los Angeles jungle shimmering with welcoming Hollywood haunts like Miceli’s, Firefly and Musso and Frank and ends within the blinding white snow of the more foreboding Wyoming Wilderness. It pits an older doctor and his much younger, artist friend against two thugs, one an over-eager, violence-lusting psychopath and the other a casual, smarter killer whose relaxed approach borders on the likable. It features a chic fashion show with a modern looking Anne Bancroft as a “mannequin” followed by a cuddly rural bus ride during which the lovers express their romantic feelings after waking up to (decidedly non chic) whiskers. There’s cruel violence committed against good Samaritans mixed with quippy one liners and a surprising amount of dark humor. And did I mention Anne Bancroft falls in love with Aldo Ray? They seem mismatched, but then, perfect together—and their moments are exceptionally romantic. In short, Nightfall is a trip. But a great trip, and a noteworthy addition to noir innovator Jacques Tourneur’s oeuvre (which includes, among other splendid pictures, the horror/noir classics Cat People and I Walked With a Zombie and his key noir, Out of the Past).

Adapted by Stirling Silliphant from hard boiled writer David Goodis's 1947 novel and brilliantly shot by Burnett Guffey (who also shot Nicholas Ray’s masterpiece In a Lonely Place and Arthur Penn’s ingenious Bonnie and Clyde),the picture is considered by some, a minor film noir, something that’s always baffled me. Made in the later cycle of the genre (released in 1957), the picture skillfully weaves a convoluted story, harsh violence, existential angst, naturalistic acting and sweet romanticism without ever feeling forced. And as stated earlier—it’s very funny—something Tourneur always intended. And though the theme song seems a bit overheated (Al Hibbler crooning “Nightfall…and you!”—a tune that really ought to grace a Ross Hunter production) even that works when looking at the film in its entirety. Akin to the startling laughs spiking the movie, it echoes Tourneur’s own sly sense of humor.

The story is structured much like Out of the Past, with our hero (who's not guilty, unlike Mitchum), Rayburn Vanning (Ray) relating his complicated story to a woman. Only in this instance, the lovely lady, Marie Gardner (Bancroft), is a bit confused. Pulling a damsel in distress act for the benefit of two thugs waiting to jump Ray (she thought they were police officers after a wanted man), she sets up the poor lug. Vanning is then accosted by Red (Rudy Bond) and John (Brian Keith) and taken to a deserted oil derrick (an unsettling yet weirdly amusing scene) where he’s set to be tortured. They want to know where that money’s hidden, something Vanning continually states he doesn’t know. Vanning escapes, finds his way to Marie’s apartment and gives her the skinny. Or rather, the thick skinny. He explains the convoluted predicament that’s left him understandably paranoid. While on a pleasant camping trip in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with best friend Dr. Edward Gurston (Frank Albertson) in which the two men will hunt, and in a more uncomfortable moment, near the sticky subject of Doc’s much younger wife (whom we learn later has a thing for Vanning and sent him letters saying so). The conversation is cut short when a car crashes off an embankment and two shady characters (Red and John), emerge. Doc fixes John’s arm but they soon realize they're unlucky witnesses (the men just robbed a bank). Almost shockingly, Doc is shot dead and Vanning is left injured. The crooks blaze off, only, they make an enormous mistake—they grab the doctor’s bag instead of their own bag of money. Vanning is able to rise from his injury, hide the dough and take off. Moving from town to town under suspicion that he killed Doc, Vanning ends up in Los Angeles, where he’s being tailed by insurance investigator Ben Fraser (James Gregory) who confesses to his wife that Vanning just doesn’t seem the type.

And as played by Aldo Ray—he doesn’t seem the type. One of the more striking aspects to Nightfall is its casting, and the barrel-chested, thick necked Ray, who was a natural born actor (watch his first and largely unschooled leading role in George Cukor’s The Marrying Kind and you’ll see how immediately gifted the man was. Also in Anthony Mann’s brilliant Men in War). Ray is the perfect good guy in-over-his- head. With his raspy voice, yet boyish appeal (he looked like he literally walked off a football field, which is why Cukor made him take ballet before The Marrying Kind) Ray always exuded a different kind of mystery than say, Mitchum or Ryan or Widmark—men who rarely appeared “normal.” Ray, an ex Frogman who fought in Iwo Jima, was a brawny man’s man certainly, but he always looked to be hiding a secret. That inside he had the soul of a poet or artist—a man of depth beyond his tough exterior. And so, appropriately, in Nightfall, he’s an artist.

Brian Keith is another standout and like Ray, an actor I always wished was my father (and not merely for the TV show Family Affair). He’s so agreeable here—and his delivery manages to be both distracted and pithy rather than rat-a-tat. When he humorously claims that Red’s homicidal kicks stem from his lack of childhood play (“When Red was a kid they didn’t have enough playgrounds. He’s sort of an adult delinquent.”) he’s both revelatory and teasing. And his banter towards Red is cleverly berating: “The top of your head never closed up when you were a kid. Neither did your mouth.” Cracking wise with Red, the two spar like men who are ready to kill each other, but also who are simply getting on each other’s nerves (preceding some of Tarantino’s talky criminals). But talking aside, deadlier fates await them including a fatal gunshot and death by snowplow.

And wild, almost ridiculous fate was something Tourneur excelled at, not surprisingly. Based on the bizarre treatment at the hands of his filmmaker father, Tourneur developed a dark sense of the absurd. As written in John Wakemen’s “World Film Directors Vol. 1 1890-1946,”Tourneur believed that the childhood he endured—one of “grotesque punishment” lied at the root of his cinematic obsessions. Relating that he was sent to a poor school and teased unmercifully for his square suspenders, Tourneur claimed: “I think this is what prompted me to introduce comic touches into the dramatic moments of my films…Mixing fear and the ridiculous can be very exciting.”

Indeed. As Red can’t wait to torture a terrified Vanning, he sinisterly and bizarrely sings: “The tougher they are the more fun they are tra-la.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Forever, http]

Great find @hazzely. Sure MJ could have known this movie...

I wasnt saying Skaggs didnt inspire the hoax. Just that mAybe when MJ saw his Final Curtain , that rang a bell. Cause he wanted to call the Victory Tour that way, arguing it was the end of the Jacksons. He didnt want to work with them after that again...

So when saying "This is it, this is the final curtain" could he possibly not think about this convo with his parents and bros in 1984 using the exact same words about a tour again?.......I think not
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

huuhhh, I tried to email him like I said but my mail is too big for my email software.....Could anyone else try that, please?

I had the coroner-report in it, ambulance pic, driver license pic because of the Joe and Joseph thing----aso....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions