Fox news are claiming their own source, independent of TMZ.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Prosecutors Mulling More Serious Charge Against Michael Jackson's Doctor, Source Says

Prosecutors are debating whether to charge Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, with involuntary manslaughter or a more serious charge, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.com on Friday.

Prosecutors are debating whether to charge Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, with involuntary manslaughter or a more serious charge, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.com on Friday.

Whatever the charge, Murray will be prosecuted on a theory of gross negligence, the source said.  

The agencies involved are looking for a suitable date to present their case to the Los Angeles district attorney, the source said.

The DA's office told Fox News it could not comment on the report because it hasn't received the case yet.

The Los Angeles Police Department has not released an official statement.

Murray's spokeswoman in Houston, Miranda Sevcik, and his lawyer, Edward Chernoff, said the doctor had no comment and reiterated he neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Jackson.

According to a report from TMZ, the LAPD concluded on Friday its investigation into the 50-year-old singer's death on June 25, and the case will go to the district attorney's office within weeks.

Jackson died at his Los Angeles home while under Murray's care as the singer prepared for an ambitious concert schedule.

Again.. note its a "police source" with no name of the source and no official statement from LAPD.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

With all of my respects, all this is reminding me of Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio drama  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Apologies for my ignorance but I need to ask this question:

Dr. Murray is free, free to go and come as he pleases. He's back in work and has all his old patients back and the police/D.A. whoever are treatening or promising to arrest him in the coming weeks but not sure how serious the charge will be yet.

Ok my question is Murray isn't in custody and if he's free to go where he choses then can't he run??? I mean if this were me and I was facing these charges and had "sources" telling the world how serious my charge was and possibly facing life in jail then I think i'd be rapidy leaving the country.
We said this months ago on MJHD it's like the robbers ringing the house before they break in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.”

This bit jumps out to me:

Murray's spokeswoman in Houston, Miranda Sevcik, and his lawyer, Edward Chernoff, said the doctor had no comment and reiterated he neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Jackson.

It just seems so odd.  I mean.. administering Propofol after hours of giving MJ a mountain of other drugs first.  And the man is a cardiologist.  HELLO??

"not administered anything that should have killed Jackson".   But from what we are told, the man is dead so it did kill him.  wtf?

Is it just me or are people speaking in code.

Is there something that we dont know??

And yes.. i agree.  Why the hell are the police giving Murray a heads up about an arrest date?  Giving him time to run... i mean, how stupid is that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Nothing makes sense. Starting for the always yellow Murray tie in all of the court hearings and pics ( looks like a cartoon ), is either his lucky tie or all those videos were made the same day and has been shown to us in parts creating the so called "news" from now on war of worlds a la Mike.

Excuse me if I sound arrogant, but I feel a little insulted by the contradictions of this case :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

I have said it before and will say it again......due to the serious nature of this crime there is no way that Murray's medical license wouldn't be suspended during the interim of the investigation. For him to be practicing, in my mind, is pure ludicrous, and goes against the harsh reality of medical governing boards. This still equates to hoax to me. One cannot forget all of the cryptic messages and inconsistencies over the past 7 months!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Lou

The DA's office told Fox News it could not comment on the report because it hasn't received the case yet.

The Los Angeles Police Department has not released an official statement.

It seems that there's no definitive information on the case yet. Let's wait and see the development of facts...

It doesn't make sense: 1) they say the doctor admitted having administered propofol. 2) it was reported that the death cause was "acute propofol intoxication" - and now he insists on saying "he didn't administer anything that could have killed Jackson"?? Nothing makes sense, not yet. :?
Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:01:23 PM by Lou
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well according to this website NO charges have been made

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A source has told the Associated Press that prosecutors will seek an involuntary manslaughter indictment against Michael Jackson's doctor.

The news of the possible indictment broke Friday morning. The AP attributed the information to an unnamed law enforcement source. However, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office told Eyewitness News no decision has been made at this time concerning any possible charges against Dr. Conrad Murray.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I would not take FAUX news serious.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~~Kristy~~"
Well according to this website NO charges have been made

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A source has told the Associated Press that prosecutors will seek an involuntary manslaughter indictment against Michael Jackson's doctor.

The news of the possible indictment broke Friday morning. The AP attributed the information to an unnamed law enforcement source. However, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office told Eyewitness News no decision has been made at this time concerning any possible charges against Dr. Conrad Murray.

Oh God..  yes we should all be careful to believe these "un-named sources".

I mean.. if someone had something important to say why would they hide their name?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe many people started calling the LAPD requetsing they do something immediately regarding this case.  Maybe all was done or made public to keep the public from contacting the dectectives involved in
resolving the investigation.  So to get us off their backs, they issue this unofficial statement.

Because when all is said and done, the official indictment has still yet to be made.  They stated that they needed to set up a time to go over it with the DA office.  Give me a break, this is a major case, the files should already be on the DA's desk, and the DA should already have some idea as to how he will prosecute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

teensy

Quote from: "karen-ishealive"

Dr. Murray is free, free to go and come as he pleases. He's back in work and has all his old patients back and the police/D.A. whoever are treatening or promising to arrest him in the coming weeks but not sure how serious the charge will be yet.

Ok my question is Murray isn't in custody and if he's free to go where he choses then can't he run??? I mean if this were me and I was facing these charges and had "sources" telling the world how serious my charge was and possibly facing life in jail then I think i'd be rapidy leaving the country.
We said this months ago on MJHD it's like the robbers ringing the house before they break in.

As far as I know, he can run. He can go to a country where U.S. extradiction laws don't apply. Like what Roman Polanski. You would think they would try to do something to make sure he can't leave the country. Arrest him and take his passport. I was surprised they didn't try to put him in jail for the child support payments, but his baby's mama is such an angel is forgive his 13,000 of back child support.  :roll: If I had a dead beat baby's daddy that killed Michael Jackson, I'd make sure he gets put in jail and get my money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Amen sister!  I totally agree :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Until an official statement is released from either the DA or the LAPD about this then i think we need to hold our breath,.   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "karen-ishealive"

It's not that you're "ignorant", is just this whole thing is a mess with all those contradictions... It doesn't make sense!!!. Your post is plenty of common sense, he has had 7 months to do whatever he wants...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions