Re: Vitiligo-Spots?
February 07, 2010, 09:01:06 AM
Quote from: "Scream"
Quote from: "ClassOf2013"
Prince has vitiligo too, right??

Yes. There are pictures on YouTube that clearly highlight it's effect on his face.
That's were I found out he had it. I saw some pics on utube
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Februray 6, 2010- 1st day on MJHD!!

mumof3

February 07, 2010, 09:19:43 AM
i have  had so many arguments about Michaels Vitiligo at home with friends they always say well he was odd he even wanted to be white and I BLAST them tell them learn the facts and show them pictures poor Michael has vitiligo and that is cruel to say he doesnt  it is clear he has and he suffers for it   siting in a bath of bleach what rubbish   i feel so sorry for him  dont even quetion it here he has it and that is that .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

February 07, 2010, 09:21:08 AM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
HE HAD VITILIGO . THE ARTICLE WAS FULL OF RIDICULOUS STUFF MURCURY ABSORPTION .........IRRITATING ....NAIL DISCOLORATION WAS DUE TO VITILIGO . PLEASE DONT DOUBT HIS ILLNESS
so agree   dont doubt Michael
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 09, 2010, 04:03:47 PM
Ok, I just want to say that many of these vitiligo pictures are clearly photoshopped because you can find the exact same pictures without the appearance of blotches. There are however more realistic pictures where you can see some blotches. The pictures of Prince with blotches are also photoshopped because I've seen the same picture where he's "blotch-free", that doesn't mean he does not have vitiligo he might have blotches in less visible areas. I do however think alot of MJ fans wants to prove Michael is Prince's biological dad by stating that they have the same disease. I strongly believe Michael has vitiligo and have read a lot about the condition. It is not only hereditary, it can be but the doctors are still not 100% sure what the causes are. I've read that it's very likely that it's stress-related which would explain Michael's case very well since he started getting blotches around the Thriller era and I'm quite sure that was a stressful period for him. There are also different types of vitiligo, I can't remember the names but one is milder whereas one is more "aggressive". Michael suffers from the latter one. I do believe he bleached bits of his visible body parts to even it out which a lot of people with this condition do. However it's a process that is restricted to people with Vitiligo since it's permanent, although blotching will sometimes reappear. Bleaching creams that can be bought on the market are not permanent. The brown finger nails does not disprove the fact that he has vitiligo, have you seen black people's nails? They're not brown but light.

My advice is, if you want to find pictures that prove Michael had vitiligo go look for it randomly. YT videos and sites that want to show/prove Michael had vitiligo many times present photoshopped pictures and we want the real ones right?  ;) Sorry about the long post just thought I'd share what I know...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 09, 2010, 04:08:22 PM
Dont hate me for this...  but i dont believe Prince and Paris are biologically Michaels children.  

And the reason i think MJ made that decision is because he didnt want to pass his health problems on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Crescendo

February 10, 2010, 06:56:11 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Dont hate me for this...  but i dont believe Prince and Paris are biologically Michaels children.  

And the reason i think MJ made that decision is because he didnt want to pass his health problems on.

I don't hate you. I believe the same. I appreciate your courage as well.

I don't believe they are biologically his children but I do not doubt the love and care he gave them. I don't think any of us doubt that.

I Love Michael. and sadly I think he did have vitiligo. But still never made him any less gorgeous.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

February 10, 2010, 07:38:02 AM
sorry if someone posted this, I didn't read the whole thread because I got so upset.  MICHAEL JACKSON HAD VITALIGO!  Once most of his body was covered with white depigmented blotches and the makeup could no longer take care of the problem he used the bleaching cream to take away the dark spots so, as his mother said, so he wouldn't look like a cow.  This is common among vitaligo patients who have most of the pigment gone from their body.  Why are we still wondering about MJ's skin?  Vitiligo is comon in people with Lupus, which MJ had.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
by Thomas B. Fitzpatrick, MD , Ph.D
(continued)

Topical Creams To Remove Normal Skin Pigment And Unify Skin Color
The goal of depigmentation is to unify skin color in patients with vitiligo virtually all over the body and those who have failed PUVA, who cannot use PUVA, or who reject the PUVA option. Bleaching with monobenzylether of hydroquinone 20% cream (Benoquin) is a permanent, irreversible process. Since application of Benoquin may be associated with distant depigmentation, Benoquin cannot be used to selectively to bleach certain areas of normal pigmentation, because there is a real likelihood that new and distant white macules will develop over the months of use. Bleaching with Benoquin normally requires twice-daily possible side effects. Uncommonly, contact dermatitis is observed. The success rate is about 93%. Periodically following sun exposure, an occasional patient will observe focal repigmentation, which will require a month or so of local use of Benoquin to reverse.

The end-stage color of skin bleached with Benoquin is the same chalk-white as the vitiligo macules. Most patients are quite satisfied with uniformity and the finality of the results. An occasional patient may wish to take 30 to 60 mg beta-carotene to impart on off-white color to the skin. The only side effect of beta-carotene is the uncommon risk of diarrhea.

Patients who undergo bleaching are at risk for sunburn. They should avoid midday sun exposure and should use a high-SPF sunscreen. To date no long-term untoward effects have been reported from the use of monobenzylether of hydroquinone for skin bleaching.

Why Is It Important To Treat Vitiligo?
Many physicians, and even some dermatologists, fail to recognize the profound social and psychological impact vitiligo may have on its victims. Vitiligo is painless and non-pruritic and, unlike psoriasis, it is not associated with shedding of skin scales. But the disfigurement of vitiligo, accentuated among persons with brown or black skin, can be devastating.

The recent media publicity about Michael Jackson's battle with vitiligo has helped raise public awareness of the disease. While vitiligo is worldwide and affects all races equally, it is a particularly troubling social problem for persons whose normal skin color is brown or black. The contrast between brown skin and white vitiligo spots can create a grotesque "harlequin" appearance. The same kind of disfigurement can become a problem for vitiligo victims with normally fair skin who tan deeply during the summer months or, among those who live in sunny climates, throughout the year.

In India, vitiligo, or "leukoderma" as it is called there, is regarded as "white leprosy." The late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru ranked vitiligo as one of three major medical problems in India, alongside malaria and leprosy. A woman in India cannot marry if she has even one spot of vitiligo, and if a woman develops vitiligo after marriage it is considered grounds for divorce.

It is no wonder vitiligo patients can turn aggressive, feel a sense of shame, or become withdrawn and resentful. For many, vitiligo is not just a cosmetic problem-it is a major social dysfunction that seriously curtails their ability to lead a normal work, social or married life. Reversal of the white spots and restoration of normal skin color is therefore the primary hope for all these disfigured vitiligo patients.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 04:33:03 PM
If Michael said he had vitiligo I believe him a 1000% and have never ever questioned it

These pics just prove it to make all the nay sayers shut up

Michael i love you no matter what!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

March 15, 2010, 06:48:27 PM
he had vitiligo. it is something he's very insecure about and it's not something anyone can control. imagine how insecure you get with a pimple, now think about how you would feel if those pimples were actually spots that are different color than your natural skin tone. and they spread everywhere, in masses. let's not deny what it is anymore, for michael's sake.

black, white, spotted, green...i don't care. i'll take michael any way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

March 15, 2010, 07:30:02 PM
I'm really tired of this topic, I blew up on this girl at my school about it. He was diagnosed mid to late 80s, this is 2010. I know this thread wasn't originally asking if he had it or not, I think we should just... drop it. I freak out when people talk about my acne scars, even if they're just mentioning them fading. Things like this embarress people, any imperfections do really. Michael is human too, let's not forget.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

L.O.V.E.
It\'s A
Mystery
Where You\'ll
Find Me
Where You\'ll Find...
All is LOVE

March 17, 2010, 08:43:06 AM
i'm sure is vitiligo...my ex-boyfriend have vitiligo too...and when i look at the pic of MJ legs, i can see the same kind of spots that he have.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

March 17, 2010, 12:39:58 PM
I just love Michael anyway he comes. But I have wondered about  the discoid lupus he suffered with and how he dealt with it's effects on his skin. I see the effect it has had in the singer Seal's face and it made me think about how  MJ  dealt with this too.  I have entertained a thought for a while now that perhaps the surgery and tweeking that we have heard about over the years was to keep the ravages of this disease at bay as best he could.  Appearance is important for an entertainer. And maybe the media was way wrong in their assumptions. Just some of my thoughts. Also, you can clearly see the butterfly rash of discoid lupus across MJ's nose and cheeks from around thriller era.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

March 17, 2010, 12:43:54 PM
Oh, and one more thing. Even vitilligo couldn't make Michael look bad. He made goth look good before it was fashionable. So cool.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

March 17, 2010, 12:58:31 PM

oh wow I didn't know that. MJ worried about the sweetest things lol... allergies run in my family, but it was largely due to diet. My kids are teens now and they are not allergic to anything (unlike me lol) and their father had a different type of allergies than me yet the babies were born perfect LOL

:lol:  :lol: i better chill, I'm doing alot of baby talk today...  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 17, 2010, 01:09:14 PM

I understand where you are coming from but idk what it is but when I look at blanket his eyes are just...wow....to me blanket looks like michael..Prince and Paris I would have to compare more because I have never been sure about them...just my opinion :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions