No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: am i one of the oldest here
January 04, 2010, 10:23:55 PM
I guess you're feeling kinda young here now, mumof3.  :lol:

Michael was my first boyfriend.  He was 10 and I was 13.  It was love at first sight and I swooned while he sang "I Want You Back."  My 90 year old mom, rest her sole, loved Michael too.  She loved the moonwalk and when we would watch some of his concert videos, she would say, "I like his get up (outfits)."

I guess that's the thing about Michael.  Young, old, black, white, straight, gay, women, men.....he is cross generational, gender, nationality, race, sexual preference.  I guess that is why he is the King.  

Michael...I Want You Back!!!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 04, 2010, 10:59:31 PM
I definitely grew up with MJ, i'm going to be 51 in May. I thought he was such a cutie, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I remember that back then, white girls were NOT allowed to think black boys were cute, at least where I was from. I grew up in Decatur IL, very conservative middle of the midwest!   At least that's one thing that has changed for good in this country!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

January 04, 2010, 11:31:13 PM
Hi, I'm 52.  I grew up with Michael too.  I went to see the Jackson 5 in concert in Baltimore, MD when he was just 10 years old.  I was 12. My sister got the tickets and my whole family went.  

My daughter is 17.  She has never been interested in Michael Jackson but she has recently started reading the site and now is starting to believe it could be a hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 01:35:21 AM
Quote from: "jill"
Hi, I'm 52.  I grew up with Michael too.  I went to see the Jackson 5 in concert in Baltimore, MD when he was just 10 years old.  I was 12. My sister got the tickets and my whole family went.  

My daughter is 17.  She has never been interested in Michael Jackson but she has recently started reading the site and now is starting to believe it could be a hoax.

Aww...your daughter is my age! ^_^ I really honestly beLIEve that Michael is still out there....somewhere. Love ya, babe! <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"When I feel that something is not right, I have to speak up. I know most people don\'t think of me as tough or strong-willed, but that\'s just because they don\'t know me."
~ Michael Jackson - Moonwalk

I\'ve enlisted in the army of L.O.V.E.
We\'re here for you, Michael. No matter what.
[/b]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

January 05, 2010, 01:57:13 AM
Ok so i am not the youngest i guess  ;) i'm turning 19 on january 17. My mom is not an MJ fan and she sometimes hates it that i love him so much... But i still talk to her about the hoax and she sorta believes in it. But she thinks Michael is not a good person cause he faked his death. I actually have no one to share my feelings regarding the hoax or even regarding Michael.   :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[/b]

January 05, 2010, 02:11:13 AM
im 31  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

January 05, 2010, 02:18:53 AM
I'm happy there are so many people in their 50s here but I also love the young members.
 :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

mumof3Topic starter

January 05, 2010, 03:37:48 AM
Quote from: "Liberian Girl Heehee"
I guess you're feeling kinda young here now, mumof3.  :lol:

Michael was my first boyfriend.  He was 10 and I was 13.  It was love at first sight and I swooned while he sang "I Want You Back."  My 90 year old mom, rest her sole, loved Michael too.  She loved the moonwalk and when we would watch some of his concert videos, she would say, "I like his get up (outfits)."

I guess that's the thing about Michael.  Young, old, black, white, straight, gay, women, men.....he is cross generational, gender, nationality, race, sexual preference.  I guess that is why he is the King.  

Michael...I Want You Back!!!!

Yes I feel young now. I remember michael was on tv when I was young  and the cartoons they did.  It was all part of our growing up wasn't it being out with friends when started playing I felt like crying.  He is such abig part of our lives and growing up. It was a competion between of osmonds and the jacksons no contest realy and when michael had is accident with the fire I thought it was just a singe no way did I think it was that bad so we have all grown up together that's nice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3Topic starter

January 05, 2010, 03:41:02 AM

How lucky you are  what was it like I bet you have happy memories of that day
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 04:07:08 AM
Quote from: "farhatmjj"
Ok so i am not the youngest i guess  ;) i'm turning 19 on january 17. My mom is not an MJ fan and she sometimes hates it that i love him so much... But i still talk to her about the hoax and she sorta believes in it. But she thinks Michael is not a good person cause he faked his death. I actually have no one to share my feelings regarding the hoax or even regarding Michael.   :(

I'm so sorry, love. I can relate. My family used to look at me like I was a nutcase for loving some weirdo. But the more I told them about him, the more respect they had for him. A few family members might not ever see the light. But you can't win em' all I guess. My mom used to literally use Michael's name in vain. I love her to death but the things she said about Michael were very hateful and cruel at times. I wrote about it in the old forum.

She said she just couldn't get away from him. I'd talk about him/listen to his music EVERY day and it drove her crazy I guess. I felt bad but I felt even worse not expressing my true love for him. And then she blamed me for her hate towards him. She said it was my fault she hated him so much because I would not stop saying his name around her. Lol. WOW! But it's all good now. She saw TII against her will when my little brother wanted to see it for his birthday present. She came home saying it was good and, "He's very talented." She still thought he was a child molester though. I showed her the 'Untold Story Of Neverland' videos and a few really sweet tribute videos and she came to the conclusion that he IS INNOCENT. I had so much joy and relief in my heart. I will always defend Michael...with LOVE of course. I make a point not to be disrespectful in any way when trying to convince someone of how "normal" yet "special" Michael is. What good will yelling at them do, ya know?

I am blessed to have two people very dear to me that won't throw stones every time I express my love for Michael. They love Michael too. I've only told one of them about the hoax though. And she's on board. Actually, she makes it a point to tell everyone that I think he's alive. Then she expects me to PROVE it to them. I'm like...."uuuuhhh" I seriously forget all of my knowledge in a nanosecond. I told her to stop putting me on the spot like that because people look at me like I''m crazy. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Hehe.  :?   :roll: Yep. Those looks. Lol. Oh well. We know the truth will surface soon.

And you guys...I am so happy to have met you. I love communicating with all of you. I learn and have so much fun at the same time. Thanks for everything. <3  ;)

So farhatmjj, it's okay. You have us. But I will pray someone comes along who you can share your thoughts and feelings about Michael with. <3

Quote from: "Datroot"
I'm happy there are so many people in their 50s here but I also love the young members.
 :D

Aww!! We love you too!!! No...MORE!!  :D Hugs and kisses from my home to yours. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"When I feel that something is not right, I have to speak up. I know most people don\'t think of me as tough or strong-willed, but that\'s just because they don\'t know me."
~ Michael Jackson - Moonwalk

I\'ve enlisted in the army of L.O.V.E.
We\'re here for you, Michael. No matter what.
[/b]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jill

January 05, 2010, 11:20:14 AM
Quote from: "mumof3"

How lucky you are  what was it like I bet you have happy memories of that day

Actually it was very interesting.  At that time most of the fans were not caucasion.  We were the only "white people" in the audience.  I think because of that, the Jacksons kept looking our way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 11:42:01 AM
haha, oh gosh, what a relief, I just turned 53.....  but like my grandmother always said : age is only a state of mind.... it is just the body that is unwilling... :lol:
It drives my kids crazy when their friends phone and I answer and I know everything first...haha
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 07, 2010, 05:09:36 PM
Hi ,i am 44 years and my mother is 65 and we went together to THIS IS IT and we had a good time ,she is also elvis fan but  michael dances and sings better thats what she told me after the movie ...and you know what? she is right about that..my daughter is 25 and my sons are 22 and 17 ....i am the only one who believes in the hoax  :oops: ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lovemj

January 07, 2010, 08:23:35 PM
hi i,m 43 last october i drive my kids wild saying michael is alive lol my partner is starting to get jelous at all the time i,m spending on this site trying to find out the truth i,m becoming obsessed lol but yes age is just a number my kids friends say they dont look on me as my childrens mother they see me as a friend coz i blend in with them i was proud when my 18 year old daughter came home and said that to me i dont realy write much on here but i follow  everyday   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions