WatersignTopic starter

Thoughts from a reg. nurse
February 28, 2022, 04:26:31 PM
So I work as a reg. nurse. And I have some things I would love to discuss. I´m from Sweden so things might be different from ex. USA.

First.
Murray say he did not call the ambulance for 1,5 hours after he found MJ not breathing. That would be 1,5 hours of CPR. So I have performed CPR many times at work. As a standard rule at the hospital you are only allowed to perform CPR for 3 minutes and the someone else take over. You take turns. Fact is that it is shown that after 3 minutes you start doing the compressions with less accuracy and power. You lose the ability to do a good job. And after that it gets worse and worse. To do real CPR is HARD! You can probably feel the ribs breaking under your hands and you get extremely tired. It would be even worse on a bed. SO... How is it that Murray succeeded to do effective CPR for 1,5 hours? Yes off course you can keep going at it, but it would be HARD, especially on a bouncy bed.

Also.. HOW did a doctor not understand to take him down on the floor? He blames the venous catheder.. But really. If he dies because you cant do proper CPR the venous catheder does not matter at all. Also in the 911 call, they say they move him down on the floor. WHY is he on the bed when the paramedics arrive?

Looking at the picture of MJ in the ambulance. I cant say about the intubation because it might be different in America. BUT. people talk bout the hands being way to high up on Michaels chest. When you do CPR you use the carpus of the hand (dont know if carpus is the right word. the first part of the hand where the hand meets the wrist). In the photo you can see the paramedics fingers, still below Michael shoulder. and the hand is going down from there. So the carpus seem like it actually might be in the right postition. What is extremely weird for me on the picture is that it is NOT how you hold your hands when you do CPR. To get power you have one hand over the other and bend the upper hands fingers between the lower hands fingers and then kind of use the upper hand to lift the lower hand so the power of the cpr centers in the carpus. This man. I do NOT know what he is doing but this would NOT work very well. First of all he seems to be turned towards Michael, almost slightly against Michaels feet. but the fingers is pointing towards his shoulder. WHAT? And what is he doing with the other hand? Is that just hanging there? Or is he pushing with both hands next to each other? That would not be good because that would spread the power on to big of an area... It would lessen the power of CPR.
SO it seems to me to be okey in how far up the hands are BUT he is definitely NOT doing CPR by the book. You would think, you know.. If you have Michael Jackson, the biggest star in the world under your hands and care, you would.. I dunno, do CPR correctly and in the absolute best way that you can?

Thoughts anyone?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
FLIPZ,
No reactions
No reactions

Evie Saint

Re: Thoughts from a reg. nurse
February 28, 2022, 07:52:36 PM
From the 911 call to the infamous sight of Michael Jackson jumping out of the coroner van, there has been much speculation as to how that clown show was ever pulled off.
I believe it was less than what was states in your post, of over an hour of CPR. The time lapse is noted from when Murray supposedly gave Michael the Propofol and then took phone calls.
Of course even a layman knows to have a hard surface under the body during CPR. That's the point. There was no CPR being performed. It is believed by me and many others that it was staged and was actually done/filmed at an earlier date. Remember hospice patients don't typically have CPR done on them. If someone is dying on hospice is it not best to wait until you know they are really gone before you call 911? Wouldn't want them to be brought back.
With regards to the ambulance photo. This picture is clearly a photo-shopped picture. The uniforms and set up are old. Also, I don't believe the medic standing is doing CPR. There is another photo believed  to be the real patient. And it's not Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions