So……as a fan of Michael Jackson AND The Twilight Zone, I think I may have stumbled on an intriguing connection……..bear with me!

So we all know that Michael used a piece of narration by Rod Serling (creator of the Twilight Zone) in his song Threatened from Invincible………HOWEVER, I believe it goes a lot further than that. There is a really intriguing link from The Twilight Zone to Michael so let me explain

So there’s a famous episode of The Twilight Zone called The After Hours about a woman who finds out she’s a department store mannequin who forgot she was a dummy who took a vacation for a month

There was controversy due to a possibly copyright lawsuit, because of an author called John Collier who wrote a story called Evening Primrose about a poet who becomes disillusioned with society so he decides to live in a department store away from the world, however he finds a secret society who have been doing it for decades and the punishment of you reveal their existence is they turn you into a mannequin.

Evening Primrose was turned into a television musical by Steven “Sweeney Todd” Sondheim. The original TV version starred Charmian Carr (better known as Liesl in the movie version of The Sound of Music)

Here is where it gets interesting………
Charmian was Michaels interior designer and Michael adored the Evening Primrose musical, and he enjoyed the company of mannequins. In fact one of the early ideas for the Billie Jean short film was that the mannequins in one of the shop windows would come to life………….
So, what are your thoughts ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Well first off I have a slight idea why Michael loved the musical "Evening Primrose" just as he very likely loved "The Sound of Music", lol! I think if Liesl would have been video taped wearing a trash bag singing Kum Ba Yah, that would be his favorite also hahahaha! I am pretty sure he was a little in love with pretty Liesl, as were many other men.

Anyway, this is indeed interesting, now I have to find that episode and watch it (again) and I need to watch that musical also. Do you have a link to that musical? Can it be watched online somewhere?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Here’s a pristine copy of the Evening Primrose musical !

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions