~Souza~Topic starter

[imgleft]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/americasarmy30/DraftKings-Server-Down_zpsyv2v41jj.png[/imgleft]Hi all,

You all have seen that the website has been down for a while. Unfortunately I still don't know what the reason was/is en the problem is that the previous hosting was not in my own name (has been in someone else's since 2009) and I can't reach the person who's name is known at the hosting company. In the past that never was an issue with the host but they changed the way they work and couldn't even tell me if the website is still somewhere on a server if my name wasn't so and so. It's not on the old IP address anymore and that is all I know. It's a long story and I won't bother you with it all, but that is why the website has been down so long.

Next problem is my own fault, I stopped making local back-ups on a regular base after things got more quiet on here because the database got so big. I only protected it from hackers who might attack the forum, but kept back-ups on the server. So I do have a back-up from 2 weeks ago, but it is on the server and honestly I am not sure that will ever be available again. Stupid, of course and I know that but I never thought to have this issue.

The most recent back-up I had locally was from March 20, 2015 and that is the one I loaded on here. Because I have been working on the website just a few weeks ago, I did have partial back-ups, so the members that signed up until 2 weeks ago, plus all private messages are still there. The only thing that is missing is the actual topics from March 2015 till July 2016. Luckily that hasn't been a very busy time period so not much was lost. As you can see, RK has been re-posting certain topics and I ask everyone with some spare time to see what news and topics they remember from the past 16 months and to re-post those topics. That way, if I won't be able to get the full recent back-up back from the old server, the forum will at least be up-to-date. So thanks in advance!

The website has been newly installed on a temporary shared hosting since it is quiet enough for that now, but will most likely be moved to a dedicated server again when I have time.

Mods, there is a category on the bottom on the board index called 'Salvage Area'. There are topics in there that need to be moved to the category they belong to. If you have time, could you please see if you can do a few? Thanks!

Thanks all for checking back in, let's make this forum great again! Hahaha!

Souza
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

PS: You might have issues logging back in. If that is the case, please send me a message at info@michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com and I will reset your password.

If you miss something on the website/forum then that is because I am not done installing certain modifications yet so please be patient.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

By the way, to give you an idea of how much is missing, the way back machine says the website had the following topics and posts on July 7, 2016:

Total Posts: 361614
Total Topics: 17586

At this moment there are:

Total Posts: 361022
Total Topics: 17509

So we miss under 600 messages and under 100 topics. Not so bad I think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions