Birdman movie
November 25, 2014, 02:14:34 AM
I just recently watched the movie, Birdman, which stars Michael Keaton.  This doesn't have anything to do with the hoax really. They bring up the 'death' of Michael Jackson briefly in the movie.  Michael Keaton plays a washed-up actor, Riggan, that was famous for a popular super hero franchise from 20 years ago. In the movie he is producing, directing, and starring in his own adaptation of a short story on Broadway as an attempt to show his critics and the public that he's still relevant in the industry. 

In one of the scenes he is in his dressing room speaking to his ex-wife.  He expresses his fears of dying in a plane crash with a bigger named celebrity, like George Clooney, and his daughter only reading of Clooney's death in the news and not his.  Afterwards, he says, "Did you know that Farrah Fawcett died the same day as Michael Jackson?"

At the beginning of this scene his ex-wife kept asking about how their daughter, Sam (who just got out of rehab) was holding up and insisted that he tries to be more supportive to her.  However, Riggan continues to change the conversation back to himself and his play.  His ex-wife, rolling her eyes starts to leave the room and reminds him why she left him (because he threw a knife at her for not liking a movie he did with Goldie Hawn and that he confuses love with admiration).  Before she leaves she says, "You're not Farrah Fawcett."

My analysis of this scene was kind of mixed.  When she said that he's not Farrah Fawcett, she must be metaphorically comparing him to Michael Jackson in that his death would receive a lot of attention.  However, in the context of this scene and saying that Riggan confuses love with admiration, she could be suggesting that Riggan just craves the attention. Which when you think about it, she's saying that Michael had hogged all the attention away from Farrah.  Which I found kind of insulting if Michael were actually dead (he wouldn't have been able to control all the media attention had he actually died).

Another interesting thing about the movie....and this is a major spoiler if you haven't seen the movie yet.... there are two attempted suicides.  One of Riggan's character that he portrays in his play and the other of Riggan himself. As Riggan goes on to perform his final scene on opening night we see that he takes a loaded gun with him onstage rather than the stage gun they had used in rehearsal.  We're led to believe that he actually shoots himself in the final scene, but he wakes up in a hospital room and we learn that he had missed and shot his nose off instead.  He learns that he has made front page news and his producer is ecstatic by the press coverage and says that this incident will become legendary. 

Then, at the end of the scene, Riggan walks and opens a hospital window.  The camera does not show if he actually jumps out of the window or not, but he's no longer in the room when his daughter, Sam, comes in.  Ultimately, in the end his death (or disappearance) is kind of ambiguous and we don't really know what happened, except for maybe his daughter who appears to be looking up at the sky and smiling in the very last shot of the movie.

I just thought I'd share this with everyone since they bring up MJ and because of the ambiguous death at the end.  I definitely recommend everyone seeing this movie.  I think it's a great movie and has a great cast and Edward Norton is amazing, as always, in it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Its her

Re: Birdman movie
November 26, 2014, 07:11:10 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just recently watched the movie, Birdman, which stars Michael Keaton.  This doesn't have anything to do with the hoax really. They bring up the 'death' of Michael Jackson briefly in the movie.  Michael Keaton plays a washed-up actor, Riggan, that was famous for a popular super hero franchise from 20 years ago. In the movie he is producing, directing, and starring in his own adaptation of a short story on Broadway as an attempt to show his critics and the public that he's still relevant in the industry. 

In one of the scenes he is in his dressing room speaking to his ex-wife.  He expresses his fears of dying in a plane crash with a bigger named celebrity, like George Clooney, and his daughter only reading of Clooney's death in the news and not his.  Afterwards, he says, "Did you know that Farrah Fawcett died the same day as Michael Jackson?"

At the beginning of this scene his ex-wife kept asking about how their daughter, Sam (who just got out of rehab) was holding up and insisted that he tries to be more supportive to her.  However, Riggan continues to change the conversation back to himself and his play.  His ex-wife, rolling her eyes starts to leave the room and reminds him why she left him (because he threw a knife at her for not liking a movie he did with Goldie Hawn and that he confuses love with admiration).  Before she leaves she says, "You're not Farrah Fawcett."

My analysis of this scene was kind of mixed.  When she said that he's not Farrah Fawcett, she must be metaphorically comparing him to Michael Jackson in that his death would receive a lot of attention.  However, in the context of this scene and saying that Riggan confuses love with admiration, she could be suggesting that Riggan just craves the attention. Which when you think about it, she's saying that Michael had hogged all the attention away from Farrah.  Which I found kind of insulting if Michael were actually dead (he wouldn't have been able to control all the media attention had he actually died).

Another interesting thing about the movie....and this is a major spoiler if you haven't seen the movie yet.... there are two attempted suicides.  One of Riggan's character that he portrays in his play and the other of Riggan himself. As Riggan goes on to perform his final scene on opening night we see that he takes a loaded gun with him onstage rather than the stage gun they had used in rehearsal.  We're led to believe that he actually shoots himself in the final scene, but he wakes up in a hospital room and we learn that he had missed and shot his nose off instead.  He learns that he has made front page news and his producer is ecstatic by the press coverage and says that this incident will become legendary. 

Then, at the end of the scene, Riggan walks and opens a hospital window.  The camera does not show if he actually jumps out of the window or not, but he's no longer in the room when his daughter, Sam, comes in.  Ultimately, in the end his death (or disappearance) is kind of ambiguous and we don't really know what happened, except for maybe his daughter who appears to be looking up at the sky and smiling in the very last shot of the movie.

I just thought I'd share this with everyone since they bring up MJ and because of the ambiguous death at the end.  I definitely recommend everyone seeing this movie.  I think it's a great movie and has a great cast and Edward Norton is amazing, as always, in it.
What?! :icon_lol: 'Doesn't have anything to do with the Hoax' here? Well, to me, just for the odd similarities you mentioned to our Hoax reality,  it seems to have more to do with it than, say… a recent commercial I saw for aspirin, I think, in which someone says, "Well, my name is Michael :icon_e_surprised: , and I am very :icon_e_wink:  much alive" :affraid: :affraid: ha ha ha. I think we here have been conditioned to expect MJ Hoaxy shadows and types EVERYwhere, but just because our awareness has been heightened doesn't mean the similarities to reality are NOT on purpose! I would see this movie just because Norton is in it, so thanks for the review of it! :beerchug:

Now this may be off, but just for the heck of it, & not having seen the film yet, I wonder if the guy’s wife meant that she divorced him for being a whiny narcissist, who is 'not Farrah Fawcett' because she was a lovely woman who suffered with a horrible and real disease, not some self-obsessed diva going on about nothing (as Riggan appears to be from the things you stated about him). But Idk…just talking about this character in your post about the movie.

I'd like to just say btw, while on the subject, that many beloved people really die within days of one another, and no one but the most shallow or egocentric of persons would be so tacky as to imagine this sad time as a competition, hence Riggan's wife's "Farrah Fawcett dig" at him. It may come up as a point of contention later, regarding MJ, by someone wanting to start something, but just for the record, “show” people above everybody, would be the least likely to blast MJ for not derailing a show he had put a quarter of a century into planning, just to bow out of the limelight for a few days of respect. I don’t think he will get ANY flak about “upstaging her act”, if he ever comes back, because, 1) he died first; what’s he gonna do--- :icon_e_confused: jump out of the crypt and say “sorry”, taking  FURTHER media away from her, to cover his miraculous resurrection, and then subsequently take a grilling for faking death AND ruin all his unrepeatable plans?? ?? ? ??? (nope). And, 2), his death WAS an act of fiction, where hers is real life. Apples and oranges. I bet a lot of people died the day of the first staged all day long televised trip to the moon 40 yrs ago, but no one complained that it upstaged anyone else's fifteen minutes of final fame, because no matter how dazzling a show is, it is real death which upstages EVERY other thing--- even another death! MJ knew that  :bowdown: and I think that’s why he chose  “death” to arrest the entire world’s attention that day, AND why he let the show go on still, the days after that. The show goes on on Broadway no matter who dies (unless it is the show itself!    :TongueOutSmiley:   :icon_lol:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

MJonmind

November 27, 2014, 10:07:16 PM
Its Her, in the recent Interstellar movie (I saw a couple of days ago), it was said that the Apollo missions were all fake to bankrupt the Soviet Union! Are we sheeple given tidbits of truth mixed in fictional movies? IDK lol
Always enjoy reading your thoughts! But I can't find that Aspirin commercial. lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Its her

November 29, 2014, 11:10:26 PM
Its Her, in the recent Interstellar movie (I saw a couple of days ago), it was said that the Apollo missions were all fake to bankrupt the Soviet Union! Are we sheeple given tidbits of truth mixed in fictional movies? IDK lol Always enjoy reading your thoughts! But I can't find that Aspirin commercial. lol

MJonmind, that is very interesting!!  I think someone IS utilizing the medium of the highly hypnotic, Moving Picture with Sound, to Open the Eyes and Minds of the sheep, as opposed to just lulling them into zombie couch potato land with propaganda cloaked in visual amusements, as the so called home "idiot-box" had been used for decades.... Just on PBS I'm learning more about History than I did in all years of school! I don't know... :icon_e_confused: :confused: ??? that all the information was even available or public until the last decade, either, perhaps in thousands of undiscovered diaries, etc...or hidden on purpose to spin historical facts into a different story, but it certainly wasn't published where I was taught. It's seeming to me at least, that this is an actual situation of "Truth being revealed", on purpose, about a whole lot of things, and not just one Michael Jackson thing or two as was suggested by someone early-early in this Hoax...

Hey, I couldn't find that commercial either, :affraid: until just now! I KNEW I didn't imagine  hearing it while I was doing something else in the room.  :Crash:  Not one thing officially, heh heh, about this  :icon_bounce: Hoax, of course, UNLESS one has been Hoaxified to listen for "coincidental"  :D things like this. (None of the other commercials I looked at had actors DECLARING their name :icon_e_surprised: like this...) But anyway, I believe this is it:  :LolLolLolLol:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

MJonmind

January 08, 2015, 03:41:29 AM
Its Her, thanks! So funny, and goes with the commercial mentioned here:

And how could we forget "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike, what day is today?" by VDJ MikeyMike lol

But of course there's Michael Jordan and Magic Mike movie and others so...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

iLoveyoumore

January 18, 2015, 04:58:57 AM
I went to see this movie with my boyfriend last friday here in Finland, just want to say I really agree, all I saw was Michael written all over it.  :fresse: I think Riggan's Broadway career was reflecting Michael's life after faked death and the Birdman haunting him was reflecting Michael's past life as the famous Michael Jackson. The ending was the most interesting part, when Riggan jumped off the window (that's what I think he did) and his daughter looked up the sky and smiled, what I think, is that Riggan finally became the Birdman again, at least in his own mind. So he became Birdman (famous MJ?) again.. BAM  :icon_mrgreen:
and NJack I agree Farrah Fawcett and MJ comparison was very interesting.

But anyways, it was really great movie, me and my boyfriend really enjoyed watching it, Michael Keaton is awesome  :penguin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

gwynned

January 18, 2015, 10:59:31 AM
Its Her, in the recent Interstellar movie (I saw a couple of days ago), it was said that the Apollo missions were all fake to bankrupt the Soviet Union! Are we sheeple given tidbits of truth mixed in fictional movies? IDK lol Always enjoy reading your thoughts! But I can't find that Aspirin commercial. lol

MJonmind, that is very interesting!!  I think someone IS utilizing the medium of the highly hypnotic, Moving Picture with Sound, to Open the Eyes and Minds of the sheep, as opposed to just lulling them into zombie couch potato land with propaganda cloaked in visual amusements, as the so called home "idiot-box" had been used for decades.... Just on PBS I'm learning more about History than I did in all years of school! I don't know... :icon_e_confused: :confused: ??? that all the information was even available or public until the last decade, either, perhaps in thousands of undiscovered diaries, etc...or hidden on purpose to spin historical facts into a different story, but it certainly wasn't published where I was taught. It's seeming to me at least, that this is an actual situation of "Truth being revealed", on purpose, about a whole lot of things, and not just one Michael Jackson thing or two as was suggested by someone early-early in this Hoax...

Hey, I couldn't find that commercial either, :affraid: until just now! I KNEW I didn't imagine  hearing it while I was doing something else in the room.  :Crash:  Not one thing officially, heh heh, about this  :icon_bounce: Hoax, of course, UNLESS one has been Hoaxified to listen for "coincidental"  :D things like this. (None of the other commercials I looked at had actors DECLARING their name :icon_e_surprised: like this...) But anyway, I believe this is it:  :LolLolLolLol:

I agree with both of you and am so glad you mentioned what appears to be a subtle but real ongoing revelation through movies, the internet and TV.  Within hours of any hoax event (like Charlie Hebdo) within hours there is someone on Youtube debunking it.  There are so many movies that are presented as 'science fiction' which I suspect are 'real' such as Elysium which posits the idea that the elites have access to regeneration techniques that can heal nearly every ailment instantly without invasive procedureswhile living with every luxury imaginable.  Recently the star of an old John Carpenter movie 'They Live' said it was a DOCUMENTARY!!  If you haven't seen it, it's a must see.  Not to spoil it, but he discovers 'sunglasses'   ;D  that allow him to see behind the matrix of lies, discovers underground tunnels and star trek means of transport. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Its her

January 20, 2015, 08:09:15 AM

I agree with both of you and am so glad you mentioned what appears to be a subtle but real ongoing revelation through movies, the internet and TV.  Within hours of any hoax event (like Charlie Hebdo) within hours there is someone on Youtube debunking it.  There are so many movies that are presented as 'science fiction' which I suspect are 'real' such as Elysium which posits the idea that the elites have access to regeneration techniques that can heal nearly every ailment instantly without invasive procedureswhile living with every luxury imaginable.  Recently the star of an old John Carpenter movie 'They Live' said it was a DOCUMENTARY!!  If you haven't seen it, it's a must see.  Not to spoil it, but he discovers 'sunglasses'   ;D  that allow him to see behind the matrix of lies, discovers underground tunnels and star trek means of transport.
Gwynned, I am going to have to watch They Live again! :icon_bounce: It never occurred to me that it could have been remotely "documentary". Maybe the person who said that was just messing with us, eh? I know people have technology which is not revealed to the masses until they have used it on us for decades, so it wouldn't surprise me, but that movie was a long time ago, when the truth was being twisted and buried and denied as a rule. I just thought it was a campy science fiction spinoff vehicle of the WWF!  I will take a look at this with open eyes!  :icon_e_geek:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

gwynned

January 21, 2015, 08:12:05 AM
Its her, I've watched They Live a couple of times in the last year.  Here's a very good review of it. 

Many of those who seek the truth about the world realize that it’s reins are held by an un-elected elite, one that is essentially hidden from the public eye. As the movie’s promotional poster says: “You see them on the street. You watch them on TV. You might even vote for one this fall. You think they’re people just like you. You’re wrong. Dead wrong.” Working behind the scenes, this secretive elite constantly works towards the creation of a global system that would serve its interests: a New World Order, ruled by one world government. As a human collaborator says in the movie to justify his selling-out: “There ain’t no countries anymore. No more good guys. They’re running the whole show. They own everything. The whole goddamn planet!”  To facilitate the rulers’ work, the masses are kept in the dark and are distracted with the fake puppet show that is politics and the “no independent thought” programming that is mass media. Apathy, ignorance and indifference are the elite’s best friends.

Despite its unimpressive special effects and odd dialogue, They Live manages to describe the world elite’s motives and strategy in a way that can be understood by all. And that is no simple task. However, in order to fully understand the movie’s message, one must be wearing truth-seeing sunglasses. Do you have yours on?

I find it interesting that Michael sometimes wore sunglasses and sometimes not.  I suspect there might be a meaning behind it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions