Wade Robson Seeking $1.6 billion????
August 24, 2014, 12:50:28 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't know if there's any truth in the amount of money that Wade Robson is seeking.  But, isn't this the current value of the Sony/ATV catalog? Or at least was at one point (could be more now)?  Does anyone else think it's odd that Robson is seeking this much money?  Especially since Chandler only got $20 million. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

Re: Wade Robson Seeking $1.6 billion????
August 24, 2014, 02:49:10 PM
Since Katherine Jackson asked for 40 billion in the AEG trial, these outrageous amounts of money do not surprise me anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

August 25, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

The Estate should have contacted Tom Messereau, he has won the case in 2005, it's odd imo.

the you tube button is not working. sorry can't post the vid here, only the link.
Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:45:58 AM by ShyBleuEyes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

October 07, 2014, 07:46:47 AM
I can't believe they're moving forward with this.  I thought it was against the law to bring charges to a deceased person.  I remember reading more about 'equitable estoppel' after they mentioned this in the court documents and the hearing back in September, and this has only been used in cases where the defendent was alive.  I'm wondering if Marzano, Robson, and Safechuck have caught on that MJ may be alive and, thus, developed their strategy based off of that.  At this point, I hope MJ remains in hiding.  He is and was always innocent and I don't want to see him go through another trial again.

Michael Jackson to remain an unnamed defendant in molestation case

October 1, 2014 1:43 pm by: Westside Today Staff Category: News, Politics Leave a comment
A judge today denied a motion by attorneys for the estate of Michael Jackson to dismiss the King of Pop as an unnamed defendant in a lawsuit filed by a choreographer who alleges the late singer sexually abused him as a child.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff said Jackson can remain in Wade Robson’s civil case for now and continued to be identified as “Doe 1.”

However, Beckloff said lawyers for Robson will have to shore up the civil complaint in general for it to move forward. The judge said the case appears to be implying negligence, but that no such specific allegation is made in the complaint.

“I think there needs to be more facts or else it’s uncertain,” Beckloff said.

Robson attorney Maryann Marzano told Beckloff she will file an amended complaint.

“One can always improve upon work that’s been done in the past,” she said.

Beckloff said attorneys on both sides have filed court papers with a solid level of support for their arguments that he does not always see from other lawyers.

Robson, who has worked with such luminaries as Britney Spears and Usher, has filed both civil and probate court actions. The civil suit was filed in June 2013 and names two Jackson companies as well as “Doe 1” as defendants.

In their court papers, lawyers for the estate say it is clear that “Doe 1” is Jackson himself and that a judge does not have jurisdiction over a deceased person or the ability to enter a judgment against him.

But in an email to Jackson estate attorney Jonathan Steinsapir, a copy of which is attached to the estate’s court papers, Marzano states that Jackson is being left as Doe 1 in the civil case for tactical reasons.

“We are well aware that any claims against Michael Jackson need to be made against the estate,” Marzano wrote. “Having said that, we are reluctant to dismiss the Doe 1 defendant given the possible adverse effect a dismissal may have on our pleadings in discovery.”

Robson, 32, still needs a judge’s permission to file the probate court claim because it was brought in May 2013, nearly four years after the entertainer’s overdose death at age 50 on June 25, 2009.

Robson alleges Jackson molested him between 1990-97, though he testified in the singer’s 2005 child molestation trial that the pop star did not sexually molest him. Jackson was acquitted on all charges in his 2005 trial. He settled out of court in 1994 another claim in which he was accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 07, 2014, 04:24:30 PM
the way i understand this is that the judge has given Wade's team time to change the papers, so that he can go on with this BS. lawsuit.
Maybe it's even for the better the dirt is already on the streets again, time for the estate (this time) to set the record straight ,.....again....!
I believe the more comes out the more Wade its  true colors come to light for general public to see...$$$$$$
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

October 07, 2014, 10:34:32 PM
Ugh. I really hate all of this. I stand firm in my beliefs that MJ was innocent. Anyway, I am starting to wonder if MJs own words of this all being a conspiracy, hold more truth now, than ever before. They want to drain him dry, cut him off at the knees to keep him from making another dime and to leave his children with nothing. Take his estate, start a long court battle and leave his name in ruins. Havent they done enough? This could be a HUGE conspiracy to take all the money and the music catalog. Could it be a government conspiracy? In light of this info on Robson; this is what the IRS has stated recently:
--------------------------------------------
The Internal Revenue Service says it made a mistake in valuing Michael Jackson’s estate.  Nope, the IRS hasn’t abandoned its  much discussed claim for  $702 million in extra taxes and penalties—a bill Jackson’s estate is fighting in U.S. Tax Court.  Instead, the tax agency is upping its demand by $29 million to nearly $731 million.

In a previously unreported court filing, the government says that IRS auditors originally thought the King of Pop  owned only 50% of certain master recordings at his death in June 2009, when he really owned 100% of them.  That  100% interest was worth $91 million by the IRS’ figuring, compared to the $11 million reported on the Jackson estate tax return.

The change brings  the IRS’ valuation of Jackson’s estate and lifetime taxable gifts up to  $1.178 billion, compared to the $7 million the estate reported.  The IRS now wants a total of $525.6 million in tax and $205.1 million in gross valuation misstatement and negligence penalties. (Any interest owed will be on top of that.) Of course both the IRS and the estate’s values are best regarded as opening bids in what could be a long negotiation. A trial, if there is one, is far off.

Indeed, in a joint status report filed with the Tax Court  last month, lawyers for the government and the estate say that while they’re close to settling four relatively small issues and have dueling appraisers discussing the value of Jackson’s personal  tangible property, they  don’t expect a speedy resolution of the big dollar issues in the case. Those involve the value of Jackson’s intangible and intellectual property  (his name, likeness and his  interests in music he wrote or performed) as well as the value of two trusts he apparently set up to borrow against his assets and to transfer assets to his heirs at minimal tax cost during his life.

The two trusts hold Jackson’s music publishing rights as well as his 50% interest in a joint music publishing venture with Sony  Corp.  Known as Sony/ATV Music Publishing,  the venture is the largest music publishing company in the world and owns or administers  millions of songs, including  Beatles songs Jackson bought back in the 1980s.  The estate placed the value of the assets transferred through the two trusts at just $2.2 million,  whereas the IRS says the taxable value was $527.5 million.

Forbes senior editor Zack O’Malley Greenburg, who wrote a recent book on the Jackson business empire,   estimates the Jackson estate has earned more than $700 million since the singer’s death, as his music has had a resurgence,  with new releases, two Cirque du Soleil shows based on his work , the concert film This Is It and even an endorsement deal with PepsiCo PEP -0.29%.   But at the time of his death, the economy was in the dumps and  Jackson’s image was considerably less golden,  in part due to allegations of child molestation. It’s the value of his image at death that matters for estate taxes.

The estate valued Jackson’s name and likeness at a trifling $2,105, whereas the IRS contends they were worth $434 million.  Despite the unique circumstances surrounding Jackson, the resolution could well affect how other celebrity estates are taxed in the future.

The value of a celebrity’s image was also at issue in two recent U.S.  Tax Court  decisions involving  the income taxation of endorsement and appearance fees paid to professional golfers Sergio Garcia and Retief Goosen and is an issue in an ongoing Tax Court case involving best selling crime writer Karin Slaughter. Ironically, in those  cases, the IRS has tried to maximize Uncle Sam’s tax take by minimizing the value of such intellectual property, while taxpayers have argued (and Tax Judges have agreed) that  a celebrity’s image has substantial value.

-------------------------------------------------

Haven't they dragged his name thru the mud enough? Isnt it weird that the IRS and Robson are asking for the exact amount that has been made by MJ over the past 5 years? The questions remain. Why are they doing this? Why is the Jackson family so quiet on all of this? I am so disgusted and angry and upset at all of this  :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 08, 2014, 12:47:27 AM
I totally agree that there is a conspiracy. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions