Re: billboard awards
May 20, 2014, 03:59:31 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTghGZ7XU[/youtube]

I did not know a hologram could press a chair, :LolLolLolLol:..... it's right at the beginning you clearly see the throne being pressed by the person who sits on it.

starting at 1.31
At least i see two holgraphic dancers and they are right next to MJ. focus on the one to the left side of MJ it appears it does go through the other dancer. start at 1.39.

I do not think This MJ is a hologram, although there was a member who said before (sorry can't remember who) he could be something of both and MJ himself + impersonater. i also like to think that way.

at 2.18 the dancer is bumping to MJ's leg. (someone else noticed this.)so not my own finding.

The guards standing next to the throne: it appears they have some kind of shield projection on them and when the shield is dissapearing in a sec they started to dance. so it's possible to project some kind of shield to cover them up. imo. Also at the end of the  video, the shield is put on again.

i believe there is much more to be discovered at the video. after my dissapointment has dissapeared , i starting to feel good about this again. Even better then before... :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

May 20, 2014, 04:34:38 AM
Michael Jackson Image at Billboard: How They Did It

By Mark Gray

05/19/2014 at 07:30 PM EDT

The image of Michael Jackson that moonwalked across the stage during Sunday's Billboard Music Awards can be called thrilling, memorable and cutting-edge – but it can't be called a hologram.

"It's a whole new technology that we're not really revealing the details of which, because Michael never revealed the details of his magic," Jackson estate spokeswoman Diana Baron told PEOPLE.

It was more of "a virtual Michael Jackson," says Baron, that performed the previously unreleased track, "Slave to the Rhythm."

Flanked by real-life dancers, the footage of the entertainer, who died in 2009 at age 50, was not taken from a previous performance and was created specifically for the awards show.

Although it was teased to audiences days before the awards, the idea of creating a Michael Jackson illusion for the show goes back much further, to October 2012.

Through the next year, the Jackson estate developed the act and was still making changes to it on the morning of the performance.

"Michael always wanted to do these kinds of things," Baron said. "Really, it starts with Michael Jackson more than anything."

Family member Jackie Jackson was blown away by the final product and said his late brother would have given his approval.

"When [the illusion of Michael Jackson] started dancing, unbelievable," Jackie told PEOPLE after the performance. "It took me back. If Michael was here, he would say, 'thumbs up!' "

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2014, 04:43:23 AM
Michael Jackson Hologram Rocks Billboard Music Awards: Watch & Go Behind the Scenes

The Michael Jackson performance on the 2014 Billboard Music Awards was the result of nearly half a year of planning, choreography and filming, not to mention the development of new technology. Producers of the Billboard Music Awards did not see even a portion of the film until eight days before the broadcast.

"We've been talking about it for the last five months and while we were talking about it they were still inventing the process," says BBMA director and producer Larry Klein. "It was really strange talking about something that did not exist."

Jackson, in hologram form, performed "Slave to the Rhythm" midway through Sunday night's show with a five-piece band and 16 dancers live onstage. Jackson appeared in gold jacket, white T-shirt and brick red trousers on a set modeled on the art work for the album "Dangerous," an appropriate choice as the track was recorded in 1991 with L.A. Reid and Babyface during the sessions for that album. Released this week on "XSCAPE," which is neck-and-neck with the new Black Keys album for No. 1 on the Billboard 200 next week, the track was produced by Timbaland.

BBMA producers Dick Clark Productions built a special stage at the rear of the MGM Grand Arena that was used only for the Jackson performance. Dancers moved through aisles as Jackson was seen rising from a throne, walking down steps before going into several trademark routines, a moonwalk being one of the them. Lasers, streams of flames and dancers in ancient costumes were part of the film.
More Michael

Klein shot it to give the presentation the feel of a live performance. "You were watching the magic of Michael Jackson just like you would have when he was performing," says Klein.

The selection of "Slave to the Rhythm" for the hologram performance was made late last year; Jackson associates the Talauega brothers and Jamie King were brought in to choreograph and direct the video, which was produced by Pulse Evolution and Tricycle Logic.

"At the time we made the decision," says Jackson's lawyer and adviser John Branca, "'Slave to the Rhythm' felt like a song was something people could dance to, a potential club song. We talked to Jamie King, who directed the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil shows and we all felt the song was very likeable."

The Talauega brothers, Rich and Tone, were brought on right after the new year and they started to draw up dance moves for Jackson and the other dancers in the film. Their involvement with Jackson dates back to the 1995 MTV Video Music Awards; they also choreographed the HIStory tour in 1997 and if one had to guess, the image of Michael used in the performance appears to be from that era based on his hair and clothing.

"We knew we didn't need to go so far left field with his dance moves -- we just kept it within his world," Rich Talauega says. "Its just the way you reconfigure his steps so it looks different. You're still speaking the same language, it's just a different dialect."

Tone Talauega, who was still in high school when he started working with Jackson, says they studied the singer's moves and had small things adjusted - the angle of a hand, the tilt of his head. The performance is "classic Michael, but we put our spice on it," he says.

Demand for the Jackson hologram was considerable, but in the end Branca and the estate felt it needed to be shown with a live audience.

"It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting," Branca says. "This is something where we wanted a live performance in front of a live audience and nothing speaks to that more than an awards show."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2014, 05:39:17 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTghGZ7XU[/youtube]

I did not know a hologram could press a chair, :LolLolLolLol:..... it's right at the beginning you clearly see the throne being pressed by the person who sits on it.

starting at 1.31
At least i see two holgraphic dancers and they are right next to MJ. focus on the one to the left side of MJ it appears it does go through the other dancer. start at 1.39.

I do not think This MJ is a hologram, although there was a member who said before (sorry can't remember who) he could be something of both and MJ himself + impersonater. i also like to think that way.

at 2.18 the dancer is bumping to MJ's leg. (someone else noticed this.)so not my own finding.

The guards standing next to the throne: it appears they have some kind of shield projection on them and when the shield is dissapearing in a sec they started to dance. so it's possible to project some kind of shield to cover them up. imo. Also at the end of the  video, the shield is put on again.

i believe there is much more to be discovered at the video. after my dissapointment has dissapeared , i starting to feel good about this again. Even better then before... :)

Thanks for this HD version, it is much clearer than the ones I have watched before. It is still an impersonator though!  :michael_jackson-1135:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2014, 06:42:07 AM
@reveron,

Your welcome :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

gwynned

May 20, 2014, 07:13:12 AM
After sleeping a night over the performance i'm not so sure anymore if it was a hologram. Confused. How do we know how Michael looks nowdays? Probably he would have used some plastic surgery to change his look to make hoax succeed. And when he got up from throne, i noticed that he did it like a person who isn't a young boy anymore (only in the good way!). Also in danging it could be the hips that made a dancing look more minimalistic that we are used to (after dancing like 50 years every body is a little damaged). But some chestures made me wonder if it was the real deal. He was so majestic with the lady in the beginning -could an impersonator be such a king? And the popping was so old school. It makes me mad not to be sure.

Haha, the album good and clearly MJ that maybe it was time to confuse all us again  :michael_jackson-1135:

If I don't focus on the performer I think it was a great great show anyway -something we haven't seen yet! All the disappearing dancers WOW. And the heels performer used was quite untypic to dancers but typical to MJ.

I also wonder are these hologram and universe things some kind of clues -the universe costume in the album cover and hologram shows. Actually, the whole universe is a hologram. I'm not sure what he is trying to tell with that, if he is.

Hadn't really thought of that, but I think you have a point.  Thinking 'blurred lines' between 'reality' and 'fantasy.'  And in a hologram the part reflects the whole.  So, if you take a piece of a hologram you don't just get the part, you get the entire picture, giving new meaning to 'you're just a part of me.' 

And I agree.  His presence was kingly and determined.  I think it was him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2014, 07:53:07 AM
Ar the Moment i can't say anything about it but i found an interesting Video on YouTube......not a hologram, not an imposer.... :icon_lol:

:bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2014, 08:30:49 AM
After watching this performance I have the same initial feeling like with the O2 press conference - it's not Michael. A real good imitator but still it doesn't feel 'Michael'.
But then again ...  :screaming-7365:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"... and the truth shall set you free" David Icke

May 20, 2014, 09:26:57 AM
Ar the Moment i can't say anything about it but i found an interesting Video on YouTube......not a hologram, not an imposer.... :icon_lol:

:bearhug:

"not a hologram, not an imposer"........you just made my day,thanks lol  :icon_lol: !!! Of course it was none of that lol......cause it was a CGI projection and court documents prove it was never referred to as a hologram  :icon_rolleyes: and because it was proven it was not the same technology as Tupac's, the restraining order was denied.
THIS is what the audience saw....which is why so many walked away crying  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_lol: and amazed. They didn't see the fine details the TV audience saw that zoomed in on the flaws.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQjCeWUgpw[/youtube]

P.S. What happened with Robin Roberts  :WTF: ?? She starts looking more and more like a black Sarah Jessica Parker  :icon_eek:  :suspect:  8) :affraid:  I mean really ,her face was never so edgy  :icon_e_confused: .
Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:29:24 AM by To be or not to be
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

May 20, 2014, 09:43:21 AM
I thought it was great.

I would think if that was CGI/impersonator the dancing would have been more complicated. I mean, if you can have whatever some choreographer can imagine, why not go all out. That was very a simple performance, more in line with what I'd imagine an actual 50+ year old artist would perform if allowed to decide for himself, rather then simply being a manifestation of a producer's desires (slave).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
May 20, 2014, 10:00:19 AM
I thought it was great.

I would think if that was CGI/impersonator the dancing would have been more complicated. I mean, if you can have whatever some choreographer can imagine, why not go all out. That was very a simple performance, more in line with what I'd imagine an actual 50+ year old artist would perform if allowed to decide for himself, rather then simply being a manifestation of a producer's desires (slave).

Even though I still don´t like it and I still get mixed emotions from this, I have to admit that this is coherent reasoning.
I like it  :icon_e_biggrin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

curls

May 20, 2014, 11:19:54 AM
I've only watched it a couple of times so far, thought I was going to be disappointed after people's initial comments, but I must say I enjoyed it. No expectations, no assumptions or conclusions, just taking it as presented - and as such, an enjoyable performance ...with a really cool track, MJ's voice is raw and powerful, just like I like it!  (I might even buy Xscape now!)

Two things keep going through my head: Klein saying he was 'rebuilding' MJ's face, and Murray's letter where he was' seeking a suitable replacement'. Don't expect either mean anything, but there we go!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

May 20, 2014, 01:49:03 PM
(I might even buy Xscape now!)

Curls, the album is AMAZING!!!!!! You MUST buy it!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

~Souza~

May 20, 2014, 06:42:55 PM
MJ is 55, not 85. He would not go back on stage if he couldn't do his signature moves anymore. Just watch TII, the dude can still dance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

May 20, 2014, 10:16:33 PM
Yes and in TII he danced purposely as if he were 85. The hologram performance is more like it. Pretty sure the last time the man really cut a rug was the HIStory tour.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions