• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Re: billboard awards
May 19, 2014, 10:40:56 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still liked the performance and I just LOVE Michael singing "STTR".  I think it was some Michael and some impersonator.

It was all hologram. Some hologram some impersonator would have been too expensive thus pointless. Hologram it is.

It's the hologram of an impersonator, or maybe the impersonator himself as the former is wayyyyy too expensive, and an impersonator is not worth that.

Totally agree, Michael is an another planet !!

Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:45:01 AM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
May 19, 2014, 12:06:34 PM
@Thriller4ever

Take a look to the Hoaxbook  :icon_e_wink: :icon_razz:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
May 19, 2014, 12:09:46 PM
thanks blankie!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
May 19, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
Not only to us, the hologram is not liked......  :icon_razz:

A Michael Jackson Hologram Performed at the Billboard Music Awards and It Was Uncomfortable
By Lindsey Weber

Just when you might've started to enjoy the new Michael Jackson album, tonight's Billboard Music Awards had to go and "resurrect" the singer for a hologram performance. The entire thing was every bit as uncomfortable as one might have expected. The MJ hologram "sang" "Slave to the Rhythm," complete with a signature dance break. It looked slightly better than the Sims, slightly worse than Call of Duty.

:icon_lol:  better than the Sims  :icon_lol:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Do

May 19, 2014, 01:33:23 PM
I feel I was a bit too harch in my previous comment. Although 'the hologram' didn't look like Michael at all at times, after watching it several times today, I have to say that I am pretty impressed with this new technology. It can only become better in the future. And although I don't always like the exploitation of Mike's legacy, today I'm proud that five years after his 'death', he is back on the top, and in a positive way for a change! Isn't that what we've always wanted for him? I only wish they didn't hype it so much, my expectations were much too high, but now, i like it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
May 19, 2014, 01:50:27 PM
No, no and NO.  :(

Sorry, no matter how often I watch it....I don´t like it, I don´t appreciate it.

It´s not even a hologram. It´s more like CGI technology. That´s all.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Do

May 19, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
I think we'll only be satisfied when 'the real thing' comes back to the stage. But I also think this will never going to happen. What I do find strange is that with all the 'bad' things that happened the past few years, everyone was laughing about it and felt that it was 'hoaxy', and now Mike is back in the news in a good way, we all are complaining that it isn't good enough. I don't think I understand this reasoning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

mattie

May 19, 2014, 02:23:23 PM
They say you cant expect an 100% accurate image of Michael,an hologram is made of pixels.(if it is a hologram)
It is built up from different performances from Michael,and also different age Michaels trough the years.
That is why the face and the rest is so of...(I could understand that a little bit,if they mixed the different Michaels i saw trough the years  :icon_mrgreen:)

But my question to people who know Tupac is.
I dont know Tupac that good? was his image in his ,,Hologram,, off like Michaels?
Or was his image like the real Tupac ?

Do they have a point?
I did some comparisons with Tupac,and it looked the same person to me.
But i did not see much.

Hope i did not make to much mistakes in spelling,did not feel like checking every word.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

May 19, 2014, 02:28:22 PM
They say you cant expect an 100% accurate image of Michael,an hologram is made of pixels.(if it is a hologram)
It is built up from different performances from Michael,and also different age Michaels trough the years.
That is why the face and the rest is so of...(I could understand that a little bit,if they mixed the different Michaels i saw trough the years  :icon_mrgreen:)

I dont know Tupac that good? was his image in his ,,Hologram,, off like Michaels?

Do they have a point?
But i did not see much.

Hope i did not make to much mistakes in spelling,did not feel like checking every word.

Mattie, to my understanding they didn't 'use' the real Tupac for his hologram. But his performance was more of a surprise and I also heard he interacted on stage with Snoop Dog, who was there 'in real life'. So it looked more 'real'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

Do

May 19, 2014, 02:33:12 PM

That's what I read too Mattie, it think it's a hell of a job to create a spitting image of Michael singing a song he never sang on video before.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

billboard awards
May 19, 2014, 02:43:39 PM
I think, In my opinion, that part of the performance may have been MJ wearing a mask (maybe something that enables a 3D image to be transposed)?

I think it goes back and forth between illusion (hologram) and reality. They did say that it was all new technology. And not to mention, it's been said time and time again that MJ loves magic.

To me, the body looked real but the face did not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mattie

May 19, 2014, 02:51:05 PM

Do they have a point?
But i did not see much.

Mattie, to my understanding they didn't 'use' the real Tupac for his hologram. But his performance was more of a surprise and I also heard he interacted on stage with Snoop Dog, who was there 'in real life'. So it looked more 'real'.

How so?? Not the real Tupac?
How can they make a hologram if they dont use the real thing?
Than it must be of!, and i did not see that as clear with Tupac as i did with Michael.(or it was the real Tupac on stage??)
I saw the comment from Mary k,and i think she is right.
I looked at the cgi technologie,and i realy think it lookes more like that !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

May 19, 2014, 03:08:55 PM
How so?? Not the real Tupac?
How can they make a hologram if they dont use the real thing?
Than it must be of!, and i did not see that as clear with Tupac as i did with Michael.(or it was the real Tupac on stage??)
I saw the comment from Mary k,and i think she is right.
I looked at the cgi technologie,and i realy think it lookes more like that !

Sorry Mattie, I thought I read it somewhere but I've looked it up for you.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
May 19, 2014, 03:12:51 PM
I think we'll only be satisfied when 'the real thing' comes back to the stage. But I also think this will never going to happen. What I do find strange is that with all the 'bad' things that happened the past few years, everyone was laughing about it and felt that it was 'hoaxy', and now Mike is back in the news in a good way, we all are complaining that it isn't good enough. I don't think I understand this reasoning.

Do, I understand what you are saying.
However this might just be the problem. At least for me.
Somehow I feel a huge gap between "hoaxy" and what I saw there and how it made me feel.
Reality check maybe? Sort of. For me personally. It just doesn´t feel right. Not in my mind, not in my heart.

I know, I know....Michael is back in the news and etc.
That´s a good thing.
And yes, sure, Michael loves controversy, that´s what we have been saying for all these years now.
But still.... that "hologram" thing left me feeling empty somehow. If that makes sense to anyone.

So Michael, if that´s you behind this...sorry, really didn´t enjoy it  :(

I understand though that it´s a "promotion tool".

And maybe that´s just what it´s meant to be. Hoaxy or not hoaxy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Do

May 19, 2014, 03:39:19 PM
Do, I understand what you are saying.
However this might just be the problem. At least for me.
Somehow I feel a huge gap between "hoaxy" and what I saw there and how it made me feel.
Reality check maybe? Sort of. For me personally. It just doesn´t feel right. Not in my mind, not in my heart.

I know, I know....Michael is back in the news and etc.
That´s a good thing.
And yes, sure, Michael loves controversy, that´s what we have been saying for all these years now.
But still.... that "hologram" thing left me feeling empty somehow. If that makes sense to anyone.

So Michael, if that´s you behind this...sorry, really didn´t enjoy it  :(

I understand though that it´s a "promotion tool".

And maybe that´s just what it´s meant to be. Hoaxy or not hoaxy.

Mary, and I understand what you are saying!
What you feel about this performance is what I felt about all that happened in the past, especially the bad news, the controversy, the suicide attempt, the trials, the books and performances by the family (to name a few). That was my reality check. That's when I started to have doubts and that's when I started to feel that there might be  more sinister things were going on. That's when the hope that Michael would come back as his 'old' self started to fade away. I understand your empty feeling. It's like it hits you: we want the real deal, but this is all what we might get....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal