Michael Jackson Themed Nikes Coming
February 14, 2014, 03:32:00 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"According to Dave McMenamin from ESPN Los Angeles, Kobe Bryant and Nike plan to release a Michael Jackson-inspired edition of the Kobe 9 shoe.

Nick Young debuted the Kobe 9 high-tops last month in a game against the Miami Heat. Since then, other NBA players such as J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire have been seen sporting the kicks, too.

Kobe has called Jackson a “mentor” in the past and was clearly influential in the Black Mamba’s development as a player and a man. In fact, Bryant was so close to Jackson that he and Magic Johnson spoke at The King of Pop’s funeral in 2009.

Bryant will also release an Air Jordan-inspired shoe, according to McMenamin.

So, in short, Bryant is going to pay tribute to the two MJs with special edition shoes.
What do you think the Michael Jackson shoes will look like? My guess would be a black and white colorway to pay tribute to one of Jackson’s hits, as well as acknowledging his trademark white socks and jet black shoes."

Interesting to see what comes out of this. Remember the note that Michael wrote that said "Nike" on it? If someone can pull that up I'd appreciate it. These are more of a tribute than a deal that Michael wanted but maybe they are related.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Re: Michael Jackson Themed Nikes Coming
February 14, 2014, 10:50:02 AM
If his name/face/brand/logo is on those shoes they will be more than just a tribute and definitely also a deal. He will fork in som $$$ with those for sure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Re: Michael Jackson Themed Nikes Coming
February 18, 2014, 11:25:24 PM
Kobe has called Jackson a “mentor” in the past and was clearly influential in the Black Mamba’s development as a player and a man. In fact, Bryant was so close to Jackson that he and Magic Johnson spoke at The King of Pop’s funeral in 2009.

So close they spoke at his funeral, though, ironically, no one who WAS really close (outside the family) spoke at the funeral.  And maybe it's nothing but I find it interesting that they say it was the King of Pop's funeral rather than Michael Jackson's funeral.  I get the same gnawing discomfort when I recall Jermaine telling us his brother, 'the King of Pop, was gone.  Just awkward.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions