Jaleel White "Urkel"
April 01, 2010, 04:29:01 AM
Did you guys know that there was rumors surfacing the web a few years ago that Jaleel White died by suicide.  I guess the rumor must have been pretty bad because it's listed on Jaleel White's wikpedia.  It's called the suicide hoax.  Then Jaleel later came out and cleared up the rumor that it was not true.  Ironically he was also noted to be at MJ's memorial.  So there have been previous celebrity death hoax although Jaleel didn't have anything to do with his hoax.  This is listed on his Wikpedia:

Jaleel White
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Jaleel White
Born Jaleel Ahmad White
November 27, 1976 (1976-11-27) (age 33)
Pasadena, California, U.S.
Occupation Actor, screenwriter
Years active 1984 — present
Jaleel Ahmad White (born November 27, 1976) is an American actor and screenwriter. He is best known for his role as Steve Urkel/Stefan Urquelle on the 1990s sitcom Family Matters. White also voiced the character of Sonic the Hedgehog and other characters for Sonic the Hedgehog media.

Contents [hide]
1 Early life and career
2 Family Matters
2.1 Post-Family Matters
3 Suicide hoax
4 Selected filmography
5 Awards and nominations
6 References
7 External links

[edit] Early life and career
White was born in Pasadena, California, son of Michael White, a dentist, and Gail, a housewife.[1] White got his start on TV commercials at age three with Kellogg's after his preschool teacher persuaded his reluctant parents to take him to auditions. He landed his first television role as Flip Wilson and Gladys Knight's son on the CBS series Charlie and Company. He next appeared on another CBS comedy series, The Jeffersons. White also appeared in the pilot episode for Good Morning, Miss Bliss in 1987, and had a role in the 1990 television movie Camp Cucamonga, which also featured Chad Allen (My Two Dads), Candace Cameron (Full House), Danica McKellar and Josh Saviano (The Wonder Years), Breckin Meyer and Jennifer Aniston.

[edit] Family Matters

Jaleel White as Steve UrkelAt the age of 12, just shortly after starring in the seminal TV commercial for the Atari Lynx portable video game system, White originated his most famous role, Steve Urkel, on Family Matters. The role was initially conceived as a one-time guest appearance, but the character proved to be popular and White was given a full-time starring role. He also played several other members of the Urkel family, including his alter ego Stefan Urquelle and Myrtle Urkel. During the height of Family Matters' popularity, the character of Urkel was marketed as breakfast cereal (Urkel-Os) and a doll.[2] In addition to starring in the series, White also wrote several episodes, including one, at age 19, that was the series' highest rated.[1][3]

When the series ended its nine year run in 1998, White had grown tired of the role. Shortly after the series wrapped, he stated in an interview, "If you ever see me do that character again, take me out and put a bullet in my head and put me out of my misery."[4] Due to the character's popularity, White was so tightly defined by his Urkel character that it became hard for him to get other roles.

[edit] Post-Family Matters
In 1999, White returned to television in the UPN sitcom Grown Ups. The series was based around White as a young man striking out into adulthood. He also co-produced and wrote episodes for the show, in which he starred as “J,” a college graduate struggling to establish his role in life as an adult. The pilot episode featured another former child actor, Soleil Moon Frye, famous for her role as Punky Brewster, as the girl whom he chose as a roommate.[5] The series failed to attract viewers and was canceled after one season.

White’s acting roles have not been restricted to sitcoms, however; he has done voice work for several animated projects including the 1998 film Quest for Camelot. In 1999, he provided the voice for Martin Luther King, Jr., in Our Friend, Martin. He was also the voice of the famed video game character Sonic the Hedgehog in all of the American produced TV shows - Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic Underground, as well as a Christmas special.

In 2001, White graduated from UCLA with a degree in film and television.[6] He has continued acting and has had small parts in the films Big Fat Liar and Dreamgirls, and was featured in a lead role in the 2006 comedy Who Made the Potato Salad?. In 2007, he guest-starred on the CW series The Game, followed by a role as a law school graduate interviewing for a job at Crane, Poole and Schmidt in the ABC legal drama Boston Legal.

In June 2009, White began appearing in the web series Road to the Altar.[7] In the series, White stars as Simon, a 30-something black man marrying a young Jewish girl named Rochelle. In September 2009, White guest starred on the USA Network series Psych, as an estranged college singing buddy of the character Gus.

[edit] Suicide hoax
In June 2006, an internet rumor was spread via email that White had committed suicide. The email contained a fake Associated Press report stating that White was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment after shooting himself. The report, which contained fake quotes from former co-stars and associates, also claimed that White left behind a suicide note that contained Steve Urkel's popular catch phrase, "Did I do that?" No legitimate news outlets ever picked up the story.[8] Five months after the hoax, White addressed the rumor stating, "I don’t even know what to say about that darned thing. As much as you try to live your life right, you’re gonna get sucker-punched now and then. That was my sucker punch back in June".[9]
[edit] Selected filmography
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions