The King James Bible originally contained Jehovah's name. Then they removed it, while adding a note at the front of the bible that they had altered the text by replacing 'Jehovah' with 'Lord' - Recently they have reverted back to putting Jehovah's name back into the KJV in their latest editions.

I use the NWT - and as a JW I also use the KJV to cross reference along many other bibles. In fact the JWs up until 1992 were printing the KJV on their own presses. We esteem the KJV. The NWT is simply translated in "New World" language,  not "Olde' English"

Any rivalry created between using the KJV over the NWT is not initiated by JWs, most often others who compare the two bibles. As a JW I hold the KJV in high regard as well as many other versions of the bible that have been translated into modern English so that it can be read, studied and understood. JW publications still quote from the KJV.

In fact comparing the same scripture in various bibles (cross examination) is a very good way to understand the context correctly.

Having said that, yes there are deliberate versions of the bible that have been changed to suit religion, which I won't name. The NWT however is not one of them.

JMO. Just my two cents. No intent to argue btw.
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:31:04 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Oh', also I did post earlier on page 1 that I had some comments regarding the opening post of this thread. I have decided not to bother posting at length for various reasons, including that the opening poster is no longer with us, but also because I can't be bothered wasting my breath. Apologies for my bluntness.

The only thing I do want to say is that I'd like to clarify that this persons opinion is not reflective of Jehovah's Witnesses and this is completely their personal opinion. Also, Michael's personal beliefs, religious conviction, etc is something we can't comment on as we aren't in his head or heart. Therefore saying he would or wouldn't do something based on his religious / spiritual make up, is redundant and in addition assuming.

And finally - Yes he is a spiritual man. Yes a religious man. But MOST DEFINITELY a joker and an entertainer!!! It is possible to be both and being spiritual or religious does not cancel out the later.

Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:17:36 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looking a Michael’s health, there is always the debate about how sick and how healthy he was. Well if we look at the fact #1 he had the Vitiligo, #2 He had Lupus. #3 He had inflammation of the joints and probable a couple of other symptoms that were brought on by the Lupus. Lupus is an incurable disease, people with a healthy diet can manage the symptoms but it never goes away and it can cause a lot of discomfort.  Michael wasn’t capable of giving the kinds of performances on stage that people would expect, and even under the best of circumstances, with his condition it would have been insane to thing he could have done that tour. But the forced bookings of 50 shows was the writing on the wall for him.  I just pray daily for him that where ever he is that he is living in peace as much as possible in the times that we live in. 

But now I have to ask the question. Why would Michael go to all this trouble to escape only to come back at some future time and say “ Oh guess what folks I was just kidding it was a joke, now lets have a great concert.”  Or I uncovered the bad guys now lets party”

Kinda pointless me replying because you are banned, but will quickly point out a few things in case you are still reading as a guest...

Regarding the points above that I have marked in 'Bold' - Your point is redundant, because even if he does have Lupus / arthritic / joint complications that would have made 50 shows impossible, it DOESN'T matter because he was never going to do the 50 shows. Nor the 10 for that matter. TII was never going to be. The announcement was the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning, whichever way you see it...

Also, who says the hoax is a joke? It's hardly a joke. Entertaining, yes. But not a joke in light of the pending Justice!

And who says MJ is going to come back and perform at a concert? KOP is gone.

All huge assumptions...

Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:34:25 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

I am sure there are plenty of reasons for Michael not to have hoaxed his death.  However, looking back over his life and the torments he faced....why wouldn't he?
Michael being Michael, it's all about pushing the envelope anyways.  Look at what society watches for the sake of entertainment.........murder, war, rape, torture, sex, crudeness,
meanness, deceitfulness, lying.....the list goes on.  So the notion of Michael wouldn't ever do this for any entertainment value doesn't really hold up.  I think there is very much an entertainment value in it all.  Whether it was planned by Michael, or manifested itself through social groups (as this one), is yet to be determined.  It's entirely possible that Michael rolled rice, faked his death and let the human emotions take control.  Perhaps he had a hunch that the human condition would be so in-tune with him, that sooner or later people would start to notice the discrepancies.  So much so, that all these social sites and videos came to life as he thought they might.  All for the sake of entertainment.  I believe there's actually a balance somewhere between entertainment, justice and awakening.  Things have been discussed from religion to how to train a puppy.....in other words...it hasn't all been MJ here on forum.  That's what keep my attention, the yearning to learn from all these great people here.  I think MJ knew (perhaps helped) the side benefit of his hoax would be an opportunity to educate people.  Education, when done correctly, is often entertaining.  The best teachers I have ever had, turned math into an entertainment time!
So back to reasons for Michael not to have hoaxed his death....I can't think of one.  If I were in his shoes, I certainly would have entertained the notion. 
The trouble is, Michael's brilliance outshines the average thinker.  It's hard to hold a candle to what he can and does do. I am simply not capable of
thinking in extreme measures like him.  In my estimate, only time will tell.

Blessings for a beautiful day.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Education, when done correctly, is often entertaining.  The best teachers I have ever had, turned math into an entertainment time!

Schoolhouse rock, yo. Conjunction junction, what's your function, yeah!
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:52:25 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

I really don't remember what month it was after 6/25/09, but my first gut feeling about that date ( and I was telling my son this, I remember it clearly as if it was yesterday) was:  IF ANYONE CAN DO IT, MICHAEL CAN (about hoaxing his death). 

Wishingstar, your words ring very true for me as well.  Michael always said in his interviews that he wanted to be a pioneer, take the medium to another level and
bring joy, hope and awareness to people through his music, lyrics and humanitarian efforts.  He wanted to be the FIRST to do something in a completely different way.  Well, THIS (Hoax) has never been done before.
  I do believe that he was in grave danger, going back to the Pepsi accident, the stage falling in Germany, the 1993 allegations, the 2003 allegations and the This Is It concerts.  "They" do not want someone who has an extremely large number of fans all over the world to be a good, selfless, very kind and caring and an extremely accomplished entertainer who gives away money to the poor, needy and specially children in orphanages and the disadvantaged.  They don't want the people to listen to songs such as "They Don't Really Care About Us", "Black and White", "Earth Song" with lyrics to wake people up and take note of what's really happening in our lives these days.............
IF there was ONLY ONE REASON to believe in this hoax, I would say that the Conrad Murray Trial was it for me.  Just a couple of days ago, George Zimmerman was found Not Guilty and the jury's verdict was read by saying:  "We, the jury find the defendant, George Zimmerman, Not Guilty ..........blah, blah, blah"
I did not hear the word ALLEGEDLY anywhere in that verdict.......... as we did during the reading of Murray's verdict and more than once just to make sure that no one missed it ...........
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:00:50 PM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Excellent reminder and contrast to current events in reality, Faithad777.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really don't remember what month it was after 6/25/09, but my first gut feeling about that date ( and I was telling my son this, I remember it clearly as if it was yesterday) was:  IF ANYONE CAN DO IT, MICHAEL CAN (about hoaxing his death). 

Wishingstar, your words ring very true for me as well.  Michael always said in his interviews that he wanted to be a pioneer, take the medium to another level and
bring joy, hope and awareness to people through his music, lyrics and humanitarian efforts.  He wanted to be the FIRST to do something in a completely different way.  Well, THIS (Hoax) has never been done before.
  I do believe that he was in grave danger, going back to the Pepsi accident, the stage falling in Germany, the 1993 allegations, the 2003 allegations and the This Is It concerts.  "They" do not want someone who has an extremely large number of fans all over the world to be a good, selfless, very kind and caring and an extremely accomplished entertainer who gives away money to the poor, needy and specially children in orphanages and the disadvantaged.  They don't want the people to listen to songs such as "They Don't Really Care About Us", "Black and White", "Earth Song" with lyrics to wake people up and take note of what's really happening in our lives these days.............
IF there was ONLY ONE REASON to believe in this hoax, I would say that the Conrad Murray Trial was it for me.  Just a couple of days ago, George Zimmerman was found Not Guilty and the jury's verdict was read by saying:  "We, the jury find the defendant, George Zimmerman, Not Guilty ..........blah, blah, blah"
I did not hear the word ALLEGEDLY anywhere in that verdict.......... as we did during the reading of Murray's verdict and more than once just to make sure that no one missed it ...........

:th_bravo:                   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Thank you Bec and Blankie. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Agree, good post!

WhatKindofLove
I'm certain for Entertainment purposes, Sony will be able to orchestrate a comeback with a fake Michael as a show of their own,and most will bite the bait hook line and sinker, and lots of money will continue to be made to fill their pockets for as long as the American economy limps along,  because many will not Know the difference between reality and entertainment.
This is always a depressing possibility if MJ is alive but still weak and powerless. But he's alive, strong and has many friends in high places.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions