iLoveyoumoreTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson's Hologram Rocks Las Vegas Arena

It only seems fitting that Michael Jackson, the man who brought the world “Thriller,” was resurrected on a Las Vegas stage late Thursday night—in the form of a hologram.

The moment occurred toward the end of the first public performance of Michael Jackson ONE, a joint venture between Cirque du Soleil and Jackson’s estate. The singer’s apparition materialized from a cloud of gold pixie dust and proceeded to deliver a rousing rendition of “Man In The Mirror.”

Throughout the song, Jackson’s hologram stomps around the stage as a coterie of backup dancers swirl around him, moving in unison like a school of fish with one illusory leader. The phantom Jackson even executes a move that involves dropping to one knee and getting back up; he’s briefly transformed into a Jackson 5 era version of himself before evaporating at the song’s end.

When Jackson first appeared onstage, you could feel a swell of energy ripple through the sellout crowd at Mandalay Bay. It wasn’t accompanied by the volume level of some of the show’s other big moments, almost as if the audience was holding its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.

That’s the same sort of reaction that Tupac Shakur’s hologram received when it debuted at Coachella last year. Indeed, similar technology was used for both (technically, they’re illusions, not holograms). But Jackson’s actually danced and overlapped with cohorts onstage; Shakur’s merely rapped in the direction of Snoop Dogg, who was standing ten feet away.

Much was made of Shakur’s spectral return and the possibility of a hologram tour, yet nothing of the sort has progressed beyond rumor. Shortly after Jeff Jampol (who serves as a consultant to the Jackson estate) took over management of Shakur’s estate, he downplayed the likelihood of a solo tour for the rapper.

The illusory Jackson, on the other hand, is just one cog in a vast postmortem performance machine. The Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour grossed $160 million in it its initial leg, tops among all North American tours last year.

The new Vegas-based show will be hard-pressed to match Immortal’s results, given that it’s based in a 1,800-seat venue, while the latter fills up basketball arenas.

But if last night was any indication, ONE is headed in the right direction: according to sources close to the matter, all performances are sold out through the end of May at an average ticket price of about $125.

The King of Pop pulled in $145 million in 2012—and now with two Cirque du Soleil shows and a hologram, this year’s number should stay in the stratosphere.

hmm maybe it wasn't just a hologram:D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

curls

Have to wonder what era MJ is being used in this illusion!
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:28:46 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Thanks for the link ShyBleuEyes. Nice photos, the show looks great! I couldn't see the hologram in any of the pics though.. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

There was a photo and a video of Tupac's hologram, why aren't there any photos or videos of Michael's???

These 2 paragraphs sound very interesting:

"When Jackson first appeared onstage, you could feel a swell of energy ripple through the sellout crowd at Mandalay Bay. It wasn’t accompanied by the volume level of some of the show’s other big moments, almost as if the audience was holding its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.

That’s the same sort of reaction that Tupac Shakur’s hologram received when it debuted at Coachella last year. Indeed, similar technology was used for both (technically, they’re illusions, not holograms). But Jackson’s actually danced and overlapped with cohorts onstage; Shakur’s merely rapped in the direction of Snoop Dogg, who was standing ten feet away."

I want to add that this feels so good to read, and makes me happy in the midst of the trial and the allegations, this is just a Godsend.
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:52:45 AM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

The preview performances of Michael Jackson ONE start on May 23rd!  ---->   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

May 23rd is World Turtle Day  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:icon_cool:

:icon_e_ugeek:

To add a touch more intrigue to my earlier post (above)  and  especially since Michael appeared as a hologram during the preview performance of ONE!  :icon_cool:

Check this out from the cover of Michael......look closely or you might miss it .... lol

connecting dots......  :icon_e_ugeek:
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:34:31 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
OMG Faith and Adi It gave me goosebumps while reading your posts:

1- Faith post :its collective breath to keep from shattering the fleeting sliver of hope that this was not an illusion, but the King of Pop himself.

2- Adi post: On the Michael album cover there is a clear 23 (date of first the ONE show) + it was yesterday thursday same day of the week than day of MJ's death.

What does it mean that Michael is actually performing in the flesh in the "Michael Jackson One"?? sorry  don't take my words at face value I must be dreaming  :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Wonderful   :bearhug:  Would be great to be there !!!!  :moonwalk_: Great L.O.V.E. emotions !!!  :michael-jackson:
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:04:02 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

everlastinglove_MJ

The singer’s apparition materialized from a cloud of gold pixie dust and proceeded to deliver a rousing rendition of “Man In The Mirror.”

"Man In The Mirror" interesting choice. The hologram as a mirror reflection of Michael, while the real Michael is behind the curtain. :icon_cool:

Apparently the Tupac hologram technology used at Coachella have now been improved to perfection in this show :icon_e_wink:.

Oh how I wish I could see this!

Great article!
Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:18:46 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

Just looking at the 50 pics, they did not look recognizable to anything MJ, except for the lean. :icon_e_sad:
I just would want to see more MJ-like. I could well imagine the "swell of energy" when the 'hologram' appeared. Everyone would be wishing wishing it was the real thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Look whos involved......Travis Payne at 1:32

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=doR0FH-wC_k[/youtube]

This is another preview to watch.....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Watch this right to the end....they use MJ's voice from TII...talking about "Its a great adventure....etc...."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpE9ktLy5I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFInCqi4IEk[/youtube]
Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:04:35 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

John Branca:
 “We are so proud of this show. It could not really be any better, and yet this was our first preview. We’ll still tweak it, tinker with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and overwhelming approval from an audience that arrived from all over the world was fantastic. You thought Michael was alive again tonight onstage; I am convinced he was here in some way to watch this extraordinary night. It is beyond a success. It is the very best that could have been done.”

;D I am convinced of that too

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

John Branca:
 “We are so proud of this show. It could not really be any better, and yet this was our first preview. We’ll still tweak it, tinker with it, but to see and feel the joy, excitement and overwhelming approval from an audience that arrived from all over the world was fantastic. You thought Michael was alive again tonight onstage; I am convinced he was here in some way to watch this extraordinary night. It is beyond a success. It is the very best that could have been done.”

Nice! I hope he was there, watching in disguise with no one the wiser! Love how Branca slipped that in there and also "Michael ... alive".  Awesome.

I would love to see the show, the hologram would be really cool.  But would seem a bit ... hollow ... compared to the real Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!

John Branca:

I am pretty sure Michael was there at least the day of the premiere May 23, YAY!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions