I'm sure people might know more than me and some of my questions will frustrate some people,but as I sit and think of mike different things go through my mind...the security that told latoya mike is in the havenyurst house,does he live in the house?or is the house his now?I find it so amazing that he can say mikes spirit is there on tv haha as if he can see the image of mike
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

hey aussie does not jw believe to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MJonmind

Suspicious, I think JW's believe what I do also (can be backed up thoroughly with Scripture) that those that are dead are 'soul sleeping' and know nothing until the resurrection, and that any talk of spirits being the real person are that they are only spirit beings or demons masquerading. If people die and go directly to be with Jesus at death, what would be the point or need of a resurrection if they are already in heaven having a blast. But I know this is a controversial debate, so it's only a matter of different interpretations, no biggie to me.

Just checking other opinions on this A.J. Abarrera and this person checked him out and thought he was authentic.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Having said what I did above, I do believe people can have ability to read other people's minds, telepathically, know hidden information psychically, hint at future events (MJ seems to be able to do these things as well). I really don't believe this Barrera knew that he was dealing with an alive person, as in MJ, and just assumed he was dead, and was reading things in Latoya's mind. Plus I believe there are spirits/demons/whatever, that can put things in people's minds--channeling is done all the time. JMO's.

And I guess tap-dancing is like riding a bike-- you never forget, so of course MJ could be doing it up in his old room. He's a master! :michael-jackson:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uc0plr-tiU[/youtube]
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:32:09 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
La Toya Jackson tells she feels MJ’s presence and think she’s heard him tap dancing in her home

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
La Toya Jackson tells she feels MJ’s presence and think she’s heard him tap dancing in her home

this is very funny, if of course, I think La Toya.  :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@ mjonmind and suspicious, yes that is what JWs believe.

i actually just re-read my jargon comment re: psychic. i definitely don't agree or believe in them, i think their power is from a source that is ungodly. however, my comment abt it being jargon, may have sounded disrespectful to those who value psychic readings or believe they are communicating with dead loved ones. genuine "oops!" for that i apologise. i should have delivered my disinterest in psychics in a more diplomatic fashion in respect of others here.

peace x
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:16:28 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Some JW, info if ur interested.

What Draws People to the Occult?

THE answer to that question may depend to a large extent on where a person lives, as well as his or her religious beliefs and cultural background. In your area, what attracts people to the occult? Perhaps they are enticed by one of the following.

● Curiosity Humans are innately curious, and the occult smacks of mystery. So some wonder if a hidden power is behind the occult. Others might experiment with a Ouija board or read a horoscope to see if what it says comes true. Still others might attend a séance or consult a psychic.

● Entertainment Recent years have seen a surge in entertainment—books, movies, and computer games—based on occult themes and ancient pagan religious superstitions. Some of this entertainment also contains graphic violence and sex.

● Anxiety about tomorrow The Bible foretold: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.” (2 Timothy 3:1) Difficult times are indeed upon us, and many people are consulting occult practitioners—such as astrologers, clairvoyants, palm readers, and psychics—for guidance. “It’s one of the few businesses that is recession-proof,” said one psychic. “People don’t usually come to see you when they’re happy.” A clairvoyant in Canada stated: “All of a sudden I’m hearing from business professionals calling on their private office lines or on their cellphones in the hall whispering.” She added: “These are people who, in the past, were usually skeptical and not really comfortable consulting a psychic.”

● Physical sickness In some lands people who are seriously ill often give up on medical doctors and revert to traditional healers who use occult methods. Their sicknesses may be blamed on a curse or a spell. In order to lift the spell, friends or relatives of the ailing one may seek help from a fetishist, or an occult practitioner, who may demand a large payment.

● Desire for protection and good luck In some regions of Africa, villagers hire a “prophet” from a charismatic church to exorcise bad spirits from the community. Rituals involve drinking potions and “holy water.” Elsewhere, people consult spirit mediums in order to invoke good luck on a new house or a grave.

● Threats to children In Papua New Guinea, a mother may refuse to go outside with her newborn at night. Why? She fears that evil spirits might harm the infant. In Uganda, mothers routinely tie strings, sometimes with beads and shells, to the wrists and ankles of their babies to shield them from harm.

● Loss of a loved one British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle lost his son, brother, brother-in-law, and a nephew in World War I. Distraught and desperate, Doyle and his wife attended séances, hoping to speak with their dead son. Today, too, many consult spirit mediums in an effort to speak with dead loved ones. In some lands, traditional religions and so-called Christian churches teach that death is the result of a malevolent act by angry spirits. Several compulsory, expensive rituals may be performed in order to ward off a chain of deaths in a community.

● Fear of the dead Beliefs regarding death and the dead have profoundly influenced humankind. Hence, in many lands people perform all kinds of rituals, including self-injury, to appease the dead or to “prove” their love for them. Among some peoples of the Pacific islands, widows or widowers are forced to wear black clothing and go into mourning for months, locked up in a house where they must refrain from eating the deceased person’s favorite foods. Individuals who practice this custom can become depressed or sick from hunger or even die.

Clearly, there are many enticements luring people into the occult. How important, then, that we understand the true source of occult teachings! To that end, let us examine the Bible, the only book that gives us the full picture.

Who Is Really Behind the Occult?

CONCERNING our Creator, the Bible says: “God is light and there is no darkness at all in union with him.” (1 John 1:5) That is especially true in a spiritual sense. So could the true God be the power behind the occult? Or is there a sinister force involved?

Foremost among occult practices are divination and spiritism, which include astrology, numerology, palmistry, and sorcery, as well as communicating with the “dead” and casting spells. These practices have a very long history, most dating back to ancient Babylon, the ruins of which lie in Iraq. (Isaiah 47:1, 12, 13) From Babylon, occult practices spread around the ancient world and became deeply entrenched in many cultures and civilizations.

Consider an event that occurred in the city of Philippi in ancient Macedonia. There, a small group of Christian ministers, which included the apostle Paul and the physician Luke, encountered a girl who had occult powers. Note how the Bible writer Luke revealed the secret source of her powers. He wrote: “A certain servant girl with a spirit, a demon of divination, met us. She used to furnish her masters with much gain by practicing the art of prediction.”—Acts 16:16-18.

Yes, this girl’s powers did not come from the true God, but from a demon, an evil spirit. Hence, Paul and his companions refused to listen to her. Perhaps you are now wondering: ‘Who are the demons? And where did they come from?’ Again, note the Bible’s answers.

Who Are the Demons?

Long before God formed humans, he created an untold number of intelligent spirit “sons of God” in heaven. (Job 38:4, 7) Like humans, they are free moral agents, and for a long time, they all remained loyal to God. But that happy situation came to an abrupt end. How so?

After God created humankind, one spirit creature began to covet something to which he was not entitled—worship. Using a serpent the way a ventriloquist might use a puppet, this wicked angel seduced the first woman, Eve, into disobeying her Creator. (Genesis 3:1-6) The Bible calls that rebellious angel “the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan.” (Revelation 12:9) Jesus described him as “a manslayer” who “did not stand fast in the truth,” adding: “When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.

In time, other spirit “sons of the true God” joined Satan in his rebellion. (Genesis 6:1, 2) They are later referred to as “the angels that sinned” and “the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place,” or their assigned place in heaven. (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6) They came to be called demons. (James 2:19) Moreover, they are determined to turn as many humans as possible away from true worship, as they did many Israelites in Bible times. (Deuteronomy 32:16, 17) Similarly today, as in the past, Satan and the demons cleverly employ religious lies.—2 Corinthians 11:14, 15.

Shield Yourself!

Even though wicked spirits have superhuman powers, we can, with God’s help, ‘take our stand against them’ and come off victorious. (1 Peter 5:9) In order to get that help, however, we need to learn God’s requirements and act on them. Concerning the Christians in his day, the apostle Paul wrote: “We . . . have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of God to the end of fully pleasing him.”—Colossians 1:9, 10.

Those who gained that “accurate knowledge” included a number of people in the city of Ephesus who practiced occult arts. Note how a knowledge of the truth affected them. The Bible states: “Quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” The books, incidentally, were worth “fifty thousand pieces of silver,” which was no small amount! (Acts 19:17-19) This courageous example was recorded for our benefit.—2 Timothy 3:16.

Principles That Protect

There are other things that we can do to protect ourselves from the demons. Consider the following Bible guidelines.

“Do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) Some statements made by astrologers, psychics, mediums, and witch doctors may indeed be true. For example, the demonized girl in Philippi spoke the truth when she said about Paul and his companions: “These men are slaves of the Most High God, who are publishing to you the way of salvation.” (Acts 16:17) Nevertheless, Paul and his companions did not accept her into their company. Instead, Paul ordered the evil spirit to come out of her. Test religious statements by comparing them with what the Bible says.—Acts 17:11.

“Subject yourselves, therefore, to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7) The demons are God’s enemies and yours too. Do not even become curious about their dark ways. Instead, subject yourself to God by heeding his loving commandments, which are not burdensome. (1 John 5:3) For example, God said to the ancient nation of Israel: “There should not be found in you anyone who . . . employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to God.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) God’s view has not changed.—Galatians 5:19, 20.

“There is no unlucky spell against God servants.” (Numbers 23:23) All who want to please God need not fear the demons. Indeed, those wicked spirits “shudder” before God, aware of his overwhelming power, which he will eventually use to destroy them. (James 2:19) God will “show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him,” and he ‘will never allow the righteous one to totter.’—2 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 55:22.

“The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) God’s Word teaches that the dead are just that—dead! They should not be feared, for they can no longer harm anyone. (Isaiah 26:14) In order to deceive people, the demons sometimes masquerade as spirits of the dead, which may explain why people find that the “spirit” of a formerly kind person may seem different from the person they knew.

“You cannot be partaking of ‘the table of God’ and the table of demons.” (1 Corinthians 10:21, 22) All who truly love God will stay away from books, movies, and computer games that are rooted in the occult or that promote occult practices and beliefs.* (see footnote) “I shall not set in front of my eyes any good-for-nothing thing,” says Psalm 101:3. What is more, occult entertainment often glorifies violence and immorality, which “lovers of God” repudiate.—Psalm 97:10.

The demons have always tried to hide their true nature from humans. But they have not fully succeeded. By means of the Bible, God has exposed them for what they really are—malicious liars and vicious enemies of mankind. What a contrast to our Godly Creator! As the following article shows, he loves us, always tells us the truth, and wants us to live happily forever.—John 3:16; 17:17.

[Footnote]

Consciences vary in sensitivity, depending on one’s religious background and spiritual maturity. The important thing is that one maintains a clean conscience before God and does not offend the consciences of others, including family members. Books and movies that one chooses to read or watch are a personal concience matter and one should not dictate the concience of others. However it is imortant to remember that “We shall all stand before the judgment seat of God,” says Romans 14:10, 12.
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:27:29 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

Sweet, I got goosebumps and was very sad when I read this part of the article you posted:

“And the dog barks at his room, the window, every single night at the same time … the dog doesn’t even know that that’s Michael’s room, and the security didn’t know … so it’s weird.” She added, “I think quite a few people feel that.”

This was very touching and emotional.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

why sad, when its scripted / fictonal? Toy is toying
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

shorty

What....in her house.....?......Michael has lived with her....or still lives there?.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Oh Latoya's just stringing us along; got to get attention to her show. People love ghost talk!

Funny reactions to an MJ Neverland ghost video 'someone' created.  Lots of videos, some kids scream, some laugh.. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login … Front once did the same thing to us!!

From 10/15/11, "Front would like to share this amazing, sweet & romantic song with lyrics with you all. Enjoy! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login " lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mattie

Oh Latoya's just stringing us along; got to get attention to her show. People love ghost talk!

Funny reactions to an MJ Neverland ghost video 'someone' created.  Lots of videos, some kids scream, some laugh.. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login … Front once did the same thing to us!!

From 10/15/11, "Front would like to share this amazing, sweet & romantic song with lyrics with you all. Enjoy! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login " lol

Thanks.......i did not remember..but now i know again  :affraid:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jos

:LolLolLolLol: I just HAD to show my wife the Original scare video.  :thjajaja121: Thanks for that, MJonmind  :michael_jackson-1135:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We can change the world, He can't do it by himself.

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt

I had forgotten that face. That's scary!  :LolLolLolLol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Some JW, info if ur interested.

What Draws People to the Occult?

THE answer to that question may depend to a large extent on where a person lives, as well as his or her religious beliefs and cultural background. In your area, what attracts people to the occult? Perhaps they are enticed by one of the following.

● Curiosity Humans are innately curious, and the occult smacks of mystery. So some wonder if a hidden power is behind the occult. Others might experiment with a Ouija board or read a horoscope to see if what it says comes true. Still others might attend a séance or consult a psychic.

● Entertainment Recent years have seen a surge in entertainment—books, movies, and computer games—based on occult themes and ancient pagan religious superstitions. Some of this entertainment also contains graphic violence and sex.

● Anxiety about tomorrow The Bible foretold: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.” (2 Timothy 3:1) Difficult times are indeed upon us, and many people are consulting occult practitioners—such as astrologers, clairvoyants, palm readers, and psychics—for guidance. “It’s one of the few businesses that is recession-proof,” said one psychic. “People don’t usually come to see you when they’re happy.” A clairvoyant in Canada stated: “All of a sudden I’m hearing from business professionals calling on their private office lines or on their cellphones in the hall whispering.” She added: “These are people who, in the past, were usually skeptical and not really comfortable consulting a psychic.”

● Physical sickness In some lands people who are seriously ill often give up on medical doctors and revert to traditional healers who use occult methods. Their sicknesses may be blamed on a curse or a spell. In order to lift the spell, friends or relatives of the ailing one may seek help from a fetishist, or an occult practitioner, who may demand a large payment.

● Desire for protection and good luck In some regions of Africa, villagers hire a “prophet” from a charismatic church to exorcise bad spirits from the community. Rituals involve drinking potions and “holy water.” Elsewhere, people consult spirit mediums in order to invoke good luck on a new house or a grave.

● Threats to children In Papua New Guinea, a mother may refuse to go outside with her newborn at night. Why? She fears that evil spirits might harm the infant. In Uganda, mothers routinely tie strings, sometimes with beads and shells, to the wrists and ankles of their babies to shield them from harm.

● Loss of a loved one British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle lost his son, brother, brother-in-law, and a nephew in World War I. Distraught and desperate, Doyle and his wife attended séances, hoping to speak with their dead son. Today, too, many consult spirit mediums in an effort to speak with dead loved ones. In some lands, traditional religions and so-called Christian churches teach that death is the result of a malevolent act by angry spirits. Several compulsory, expensive rituals may be performed in order to ward off a chain of deaths in a community.

● Fear of the dead Beliefs regarding death and the dead have profoundly influenced humankind. Hence, in many lands people perform all kinds of rituals, including self-injury, to appease the dead or to “prove” their love for them. Among some peoples of the Pacific islands, widows or widowers are forced to wear black clothing and go into mourning for months, locked up in a house where they must refrain from eating the deceased person’s favorite foods. Individuals who practice this custom can become depressed or sick from hunger or even die.

Clearly, there are many enticements luring people into the occult. How important, then, that we understand the true source of occult teachings! To that end, let us examine the Bible, the only book that gives us the full picture.

Who Is Really Behind the Occult?

CONCERNING our Creator, the Bible says: “God is light and there is no darkness at all in union with him.” (1 John 1:5) That is especially true in a spiritual sense. So could the true God be the power behind the occult? Or is there a sinister force involved?

Foremost among occult practices are divination and spiritism, which include astrology, numerology, palmistry, and sorcery, as well as communicating with the “dead” and casting spells. These practices have a very long history, most dating back to ancient Babylon, the ruins of which lie in Iraq. (Isaiah 47:1, 12, 13) From Babylon, occult practices spread around the ancient world and became deeply entrenched in many cultures and civilizations.

Consider an event that occurred in the city of Philippi in ancient Macedonia. There, a small group of Christian ministers, which included the apostle Paul and the physician Luke, encountered a girl who had occult powers. Note how the Bible writer Luke revealed the secret source of her powers. He wrote: “A certain servant girl with a spirit, a demon of divination, met us. She used to furnish her masters with much gain by practicing the art of prediction.”—Acts 16:16-18.

Yes, this girl’s powers did not come from the true God, but from a demon, an evil spirit. Hence, Paul and his companions refused to listen to her. Perhaps you are now wondering: ‘Who are the demons? And where did they come from?’ Again, note the Bible’s answers.

Who Are the Demons?

Long before God formed humans, he created an untold number of intelligent spirit “sons of God” in heaven. (Job 38:4, 7) Like humans, they are free moral agents, and for a long time, they all remained loyal to God. But that happy situation came to an abrupt end. How so?

After God created humankind, one spirit creature began to covet something to which he was not entitled—worship. Using a serpent the way a ventriloquist might use a puppet, this wicked angel seduced the first woman, Eve, into disobeying her Creator. (Genesis 3:1-6) The Bible calls that rebellious angel “the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan.” (Revelation 12:9) Jesus described him as “a manslayer” who “did not stand fast in the truth,” adding: “When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.

In time, other spirit “sons of the true God” joined Satan in his rebellion. (Genesis 6:1, 2) They are later referred to as “the angels that sinned” and “the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place,” or their assigned place in heaven. (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6) They came to be called demons. (James 2:19) Moreover, they are determined to turn as many humans as possible away from true worship, as they did many Israelites in Bible times. (Deuteronomy 32:16, 17) Similarly today, as in the past, Satan and the demons cleverly employ religious lies.—2 Corinthians 11:14, 15.

Shield Yourself!

Even though wicked spirits have superhuman powers, we can, with God’s help, ‘take our stand against them’ and come off victorious. (1 Peter 5:9) In order to get that help, however, we need to learn God’s requirements and act on them. Concerning the Christians in his day, the apostle Paul wrote: “We . . . have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of God to the end of fully pleasing him.”—Colossians 1:9, 10.

Those who gained that “accurate knowledge” included a number of people in the city of Ephesus who practiced occult arts. Note how a knowledge of the truth affected them. The Bible states: “Quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” The books, incidentally, were worth “fifty thousand pieces of silver,” which was no small amount! (Acts 19:17-19) This courageous example was recorded for our benefit.—2 Timothy 3:16.

Principles That Protect

There are other things that we can do to protect ourselves from the demons. Consider the following Bible guidelines.

“Do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) Some statements made by astrologers, psychics, mediums, and witch doctors may indeed be true. For example, the demonized girl in Philippi spoke the truth when she said about Paul and his companions: “These men are slaves of the Most High God, who are publishing to you the way of salvation.” (Acts 16:17) Nevertheless, Paul and his companions did not accept her into their company. Instead, Paul ordered the evil spirit to come out of her. Test religious statements by comparing them with what the Bible says.—Acts 17:11.

“Subject yourselves, therefore, to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7) The demons are God’s enemies and yours too. Do not even become curious about their dark ways. Instead, subject yourself to God by heeding his loving commandments, which are not burdensome. (1 John 5:3) For example, God said to the ancient nation of Israel: “There should not be found in you anyone who . . . employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to God.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) God’s view has not changed.—Galatians 5:19, 20.

“There is no unlucky spell against God servants.” (Numbers 23:23) All who want to please God need not fear the demons. Indeed, those wicked spirits “shudder” before God, aware of his overwhelming power, which he will eventually use to destroy them. (James 2:19) God will “show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him,” and he ‘will never allow the righteous one to totter.’—2 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 55:22.

“The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) God’s Word teaches that the dead are just that—dead! They should not be feared, for they can no longer harm anyone. (Isaiah 26:14) In order to deceive people, the demons sometimes masquerade as spirits of the dead, which may explain why people find that the “spirit” of a formerly kind person may seem different from the person they knew.

“You cannot be partaking of ‘the table of God’ and the table of demons.” (1 Corinthians 10:21, 22) All who truly love God will stay away from books, movies, and computer games that are rooted in the occult or that promote occult practices and beliefs.* (see footnote) “I shall not set in front of my eyes any good-for-nothing thing,” says Psalm 101:3. What is more, occult entertainment often glorifies violence and immorality, which “lovers of God” repudiate.—Psalm 97:10.

The demons have always tried to hide their true nature from humans. But they have not fully succeeded. By means of the Bible, God has exposed them for what they really are—malicious liars and vicious enemies of mankind. What a contrast to our Godly Creator! As the following article shows, he loves us, always tells us the truth, and wants us to live happily forever.—John 3:16; 17:17.

[Footnote]

Consciences vary in sensitivity, depending on one’s religious background and spiritual maturity. The important thing is that one maintains a clean conscience before God and does not offend the consciences of others, including family members. Books and movies that one chooses to read or watch are a personal concience matter and one should not dictate the concience of others. However it is imortant to remember that “We shall all stand before the judgment seat of God,” says Romans 14:10, 12.

marking this to read more thoroughly later .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal