Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Re: Piers Morgan interview with Joe Jackson
January 31, 2013, 06:59:20 PM
Good 'ole Joseph...Glad to see he's doing well after his little mild stroke incident. 

You know what I love about Papa Joe? Love him or hate him, he is consistent!  :icon_cool:

Curious that he was with Weisner... :ghsdf:
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:35:34 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2013, 07:35:10 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I also think she is very much like Michael, in that she is not a pushover, has her own mind and speaks her mind.  May be that's what Joe means.

I agree, probably meant she's strong willed... another definition - A remarkable person, achievement, or product: "He's a very tough piece of work" (Ted Koppel).

For some reason I remember reading MJ mention Howard Hughes... nevermind.  :icon_geek: idk but there is another movie called The Hoax with Richard Gere.
In what would cause a fantastic media frenzy, Clifford Irving sells his bogus biography of Howard Hughes to a premiere publishing house in the early 1970s.

"Never let the truth get in the way of good story"

Edit:
speaking of story, I found something about MJ's interest in HH....
"On a previous visit, my dad had helped him, and he picked out books on Howard Hughes, dictionaries and first edition children's books."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:00:02 PM by mindseye
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

Andrea

January 31, 2013, 08:34:51 PM
I think Joseph mentioning Howard Hughes (more than once) was deliberate.  I found an old post of mine about what Michael said about Howard Hughes.

The following is an excerpt from Rabbi Shmuley's book, in the chapter called "The Master of Mystery":

Rabbi Shmuley: So what is it about the hidden which makes it outlast the revealed?  What is it about holding something back that people want it suddenly?

MJ: I just, I love, I do love the power of mystery, I really do.  I think it's very powerful.

RS: Is it spiritual?  What is it?

MJ: It's spiritual, it's, it's people conjure up all these ideas, people create it themselves.  They conjure up all these ideas in their head about what's going on.  I mean they used to say, you know, Howard Hughes is up there and he owns the hotel but he stays on that floor, he doesn't come down.  He's in the dark, he's in the corner in the bed with long nails and hair to here and he's hooked to an IV.  So the brain would just go crazy conjuring up all kinds of crazy stories, and I love that.  I love Howard Hughes 'cause he played this big thing.  I mean, to me he's like one of my masters.  But I don't know, this is the first time I've ever said this Shmuley, I love Howard, he's a genius.

RS: Because what?  Because he knew the power of mystery?

MJ: How to play people, yeah.  He knew how to make the public interested.  P.T. Barnum was pretty good at it hmself.

Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:02:28 PM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

January 31, 2013, 08:57:11 PM
I also think she is very much like Michael, in that she is not a pushover, has her own mind and speaks her mind.  May be that's what Joe means.

I agree, probably meant she's strong willed... another definition - A remarkable person, achievement, or product: "He's a very tough piece of work" (Ted Koppel).

For some reason I remember reading MJ mention Howard Hughes... nevermind.  :icon_geek: idk but there is another movie called The Hoax with Richard Gere.
In what would cause a fantastic media frenzy, Clifford Irving sells his bogus biography of Howard Hughes to a premiere publishing house in the early 1970s.

"Never let the truth get in the way of good story"

Edit:
speaking of story, I found something about MJ's interest in HH....
"On a previous visit, my dad had helped him, and he picked out books on Howard Hughes, dictionaries and first edition children's books."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I saw that movie "The Hoax" a few years ago - it was quite good and somewhat based on real events. Really interesting how Joseph said how "they" treated Michael like HH and in light of what B.S  the media is willing to buy and then spread, and how far the author took the hoax in that movie, it is quite a telling statement by Joseph.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2013, 09:30:10 PM
I think Joseph mentioning Howard Hughes (more than once) was deliberate.  I found an old post of mine about what Michael said about Howard Hughes.

MJ: It's spiritual, it's, it's people conjure up all these ideas, people create it themselves.  They conjure up all these ideas in their head about what's going on.  I mean they used to say, you know, Howard Hughes is up there and he owns the hotel but he stays on that floor, he doesn't come down.  He's in the dark, he's in the corner in the bed with long nails and hair to here and he's hooked to an IV.  So the brain would just go crazy conjuring up all kinds of crazy stories, and I love that.  I love Howard Hughes 'cause he played this big thing.  I mean, to me he's like one of my masters.  But I don't know, this is the first time I've ever said this Shmuley, I love Howard, he's a genius.

MJ: How to play people, yeah.  He knew how to make the public interested.  P.T. Barnum was pretty good at it hmself.

That's it! Thanks Andrea, it was probably your post I had read. It was bugging me  :icon_mrgreen:
I've only read little bits of Shmuley's book at the bookstore. Definitely deliberate and he made this comparison back in 2009 too. I think media was comparing MJ to HH back in 2007 as well.
Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:31:41 PM by mindseye
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

suspicious mind

January 31, 2013, 10:13:03 PM
i thought joe said that michael said paris was a peice of work
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 31, 2013, 10:27:41 PM
i thought joe said that michael said paris was a peice of work

yes and present tense too... "well Paris is....well even Michael says she's a piece of work, because most girls are hard to raise"  :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

January 31, 2013, 10:46:52 PM

The following is an excerpt from Rabbi Shmuley's book, in the chapter called "The Master of Mystery":

Rabbi Shmuley: So what is it about the hidden which makes it outlast the revealed?  What is it about holding something back that people want it suddenly?

MJ: I just, I love, I do love the power of mystery, I really do.  I think it's very powerful.

RS: Is it spiritual?  What is it?

I've always felt this about puts the whole MJ hoax in a nutshell!!

I find it interesting to see both names in the CNN titles.  Why...?
“A rare interview with Joe Jackson.”  “Joseph Jackson is Michael’s father.”

Mindseye, I saw that movie The Hoax, good parallels to this one.  And the lovely story about MJ visiting her bookstore (read before too), I noted her ending…
But 7 years later, I now have kids and I read them fairy tales. And as we all know, fairy tales can also have a dark side. Even Peter Pan said, "To die will be an awfully big adventure."
:icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2013, 12:07:01 AM
Slight detour, but its bugging me.  WHY was Dieter on with Joe? I get that he was there for himself to promote something and they didn't get to it (in mumblings at the end while Piers is wrapping up, Joe is talking with Dieter as tho he can't believe that it happened that way, and I'm sure I hear the word Bible being uttered.)   So we had Katherine on with Livingston Strong, and Joe with Dieter.  ?????  Why?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2013, 02:25:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Howard Hughes is really a interesting Person there are so many similarity between Michael and Howard Hughes. To Name a few
burn accident, weight-loss, addiction, Reports about his Death and he wasn't and so on. You should read about him on Wikipedia.
It is too much to post. Here is the Link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I did find it interesting that they played the Song by Johnny Cash. Did you know that Johnny Cash has a Song called
"Jackson" (about the City), "Ain't no Grave" and "Man in Black". Michael has a Song "Man in Black" too, it was recently added to BMI.
The Lyrics to "Ain't no Grave" and "Man in Black" are very interesting. When this wasn't done on purpose to add Johnny Cash to the
Trailer than I will eat my Broom. I have often heard that Michael would buy a lot of CD's to be up to date in this Matter.

Ain't no Grave (very hoaxy)

Man in Black

Much Peace and Love to everyone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

February 01, 2013, 09:10:06 AM

That's it! Thanks Andrea, it was probably your post I had read. It was bugging me  :icon_mrgreen:
I've only read little bits of Shmuley's book at the bookstore. Definitely deliberate and he made this comparison back in 2009 too. I think media was comparing MJ to HH back in 2007 as well.

It's a good read, I've been meaning to read it again actually.  The reason I bought the book was that Michael wanted these thoughts out there, Shmuley said MJ held the tape recorder to his lips to make sure everything he said was captured.  Shmuley has his own thoughts on things, naturally, but it's Michael's words that are important.  There was a tv special on a few years ago where they had audio of these recordings and an interview with Shmuley, I'm sure it's on youtube if you want to listen again instead of buying the book although I don't think it has everything that was said like the book does.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2013, 09:13:57 AM
Joe has official website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login LOL check out the leading pic with Piers: he is giving Piers the finger with a broad smile on his face! :thjajaja121:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

February 01, 2013, 09:23:49 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the voice recording of Michael speaking at the end of this Piers interview does not sound like Michael? (starting at about 19:18) sounds too nasally or something compared to all the other interviews/recordings etc when I have heard Michael speak....

In fact, that whole recording of MJ is odd.....his voice kind of reminded me of the voice in the "drugged recording" which Dr M supposedly recorded on his iPhone and was played during his trial...except without the drugged up sound. The  "did it my way" (reminded me of Harvey Levin singing that song ages ago on TMZ) plus the 1st line in that song "and now the end is near and so I face the final curtain".....plus the bit where MJ says "we don't wanna die knowing that we didn't accomplish our goals".... who is "we"   :suspect:   :animal0017:

I agree Joseph does a great job....and when he talks about Michael wanting to build a children's hospital reminded me of the piece of writing Front posted only today on HoaxBook.

Funny - after my post above was made ^^^^ Paris tweeted:

@ParisJackson

frank sinatra<3

Frank Sinatra of course sang this song (as well as Elvis)

I have a screen shot - but I can never figure out how post a screen shot here as I save them into a WORD document.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 01, 2013, 09:38:05 AM
LOL, where were you when MJ died

"Gaaaaaarrrryyyyaaaahhh, Los Vegas"   Pffft!

He he, then the fan calls, Mr Jackson, somethings wrong...

So Michael is dying and mean ol Katherine doesn't tell her husband... He he. I always loved this account. It was good to see it again :icon_e_wink:

@ snoopy..  meh. I dunno about that stroke. Seems like a new MJ story daily to keep TMZ and others busy and Jackson name in news...

Seen todays TMZ, which they took down before I could Twt or post it. MJs personal Doctor gets Sued. "He tried to bang me in his office" was the second headline...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

February 01, 2013, 10:45:36 AM
@Aussie - that pause was priceless.  Certainly Joe would know like the back of his hand where he was when he received the call that his son had died; or at least one would think  :smiley-vault-misc-150:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions