ellydTopic starter

Entertainment
Hoax brings police to Ashton Kutcher's Hollywood Hills house
Wednesday, October 03, 2012

HOLLYWOOD HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Someone reported a break-in at Ashton Kutcher's Hollywood Hills home above the Hollywood Reservoir Wednesday morning. The break-in turned out to be a hoax. It's the latest hoax involving a celebrity, a fact of life for police in Hollywood.

The 911 report was made by a teletype machine used by the hearing-impaired. The report was untraceable.

"Today around 11:08, Hollywood Station received a teletype, apparently from a deaf person, saying that three people had broken into a house and needed help," said LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph. "Officers arrived at scene and once they got to the scene, they went in and then pulled everybody out. But at the same time, it seems that someone called out to Mr. Kutcher and he sent his assistant out to meet with the police saying that there was no issues here, there may have been workers in there. Officers did their due diligence and pulled everyone out of the house, interviewed and questioned, and found that it was a hoax."

Police said they do not know where the teletype came from. It did specify Kutcher's home. Police say in the written 911 note, it said shots had been fired at the residence. That brought out a massive police response.

"There was a call of shots being fired. And when officers got to the residence, obviously there was no shots being fired," said Joseph. "They were all employees of the residence doing what they were supposed to be doing."

Wednesday's call was not the first prank call or teletype police have responded to involving a Hollywood celebrity recently. In early August, emergency operators got a call that a kidnapping and shooting had taken place at the Studio City home of singer/actress Miley Cyrus, who was not home at the time. No one else was home at the time. Police discovered it was a hoax.

Asked if police believe it's one suspect perpetuating these hoaxes, Joseph said, "That's information we just don't know at this time."

The investigation was ongoing Wednesday.

(Copyright ©2012 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's the latest hoax involving a celebrity, a fact of life for police in Hollywood.
lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

well my goodness , how many people could be running around with one of these machines?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal