Re: This Is It Billy Jean
August 13, 2012, 08:56:03 AM
I have been meaning to comment here.......

I actually love this part of TII....one of my favorites.  The whole of Billie Jean seems to indicate change for me.  If you watch his actions during this particular scene, it's about change.  It's as if he's putting on make-up, spraying his face down to his feet.  Then figuratively becomes another person.  I think the blur is either from motion/lights, or an intentional part of things. 
Michael's dancing is poetry in motion....we have all heard that one for sure.  For me, this particular dance sequence is very poetic.  Try watching this scene without the volume on.....try to remove what you know of the song and the original dance.  The movements here almost become like stanzas to a poem about change.  Don't think of the musical song, think of the lyrical dance.  He's definitely sending out a message of some sort here.  At about 5:05 he points his finger out in front of himself, and says, "bam".  He does this right after spraying his face for the, "change".
His original Billie Jean is a brilliant and iconic piece of musical history.  However, I believe this Billie Jean is about himself revealing is true nature and feelings.  He's going to change the world.....even if he has to change himself to do it. 
I believe TII holds many keys to the hoax.  It's almost like a roadmap to me.  I never tire of watching it. 
Brilliant Michael, just brilliant.   

Blessings Always

PS> Thanks for posting this leilani81...I always enjoy a good venture through TII : )
Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:09:06 PM by wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

August 13, 2012, 09:26:41 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok, so just got a warning about my post. Like I said, I did not mean to offend anyone, including any MJHDI staff! Will keep my feelings to myself from now on.

You don't get away with bad behavior by just adding "I didn't mean to offend anyone". Keep respect towards other members or find yourself a forum where this behavior is allowed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bugsyTopic starter

August 13, 2012, 08:06:59 PM

I actually love this part of TII....one of my favorites.  The whole of Billie Jean seems to indicate change for me.  If you watch his actions during this particular scene, it's about change.  It's as if he's putting on make-up, spraying his face down to his feet.  Then figuratively becomes another person.  I think the blur is either from motion/lights, or an intentional part of things. 
Michael's dancing is poetry in motion....we have all heard that one for sure.  For me, this particular dance sequence is very poetic.  Try watching this scene without the volume on.....try to remove what you know of the song and the original dance.  The movements here almost become like stanzas to a poem about change.  Don't think of the musical song, think of the lyrical dance.  He's definitely sending out a message of some sort here.  At about 5:05 he points his finger out in front of himself, and says, "bam".  He does this right after spraying his face for the, "change".
His original Billie Jean is a brilliant and iconic piece of musical history.  However, I believe this Billie Jean is about himself revealing is true nature and feelings.  He's going to change the world.....even if he has to change himself to do it. 
I believe TII holds many keys to the hoax.  It's almost like a roadmap to me.  I never tire of watching it. 

Blessings Always

PS> Thanks for posting this leilani81...I always enjoy a good venture through TII : )

wow... thanks for your indepth analysis, very insightful and poetic in itself. I love it. I love the Billie jean sequence, but I love all of the performances he did in TII, but some are favoured more for specific reasons.. I think the top ranking one is They don't care about us, because of that smile he gives through out it, there's excitement in his smile and eyes as well as happiness, also love the clothing his wears in it too, I think the only clothing I was not really partial to was the silver top and the gold pants.

Thank you so much for sharing your view, Going to watch it again now without the sound.
 :bearhug:
Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:09:27 PM by wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.
"Alvin Toffler

August 13, 2012, 08:27:04 PM

Blessings Always

wow... thanks for your indepth analysis, very insightful and poetic in itself. I love it. I love the Billie jean sequence, but I love all of the performances he did in TII, but some are favoured more for specific reasons.. I think the top ranking one is They don't care about us, because of that smile he gives through out it, there's excitement in his smile and eyes as well as happiness, also love the clothing his wears in it too, I think the only clothing I was not really partial to was the silver top and the gold pants.

Thank you so much for sharing your view, Going to watch it again now without the sound.
 :bearhug:

I'll be curious to see what you think about the no sound....I watched it again, and still so poetic.  Yes, TDCAU is wonderful for that smile.....again that whole routine is amazing, including the "behind the scene prep"...love it.  As far as clothing, I love it all....some dramatic, some classic, some edgy...great combinations. 
Have a great evening....
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 13, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Souza, I did not just add that I didnt mean to offend anyone just to "get away with" offending anyone. I just meant this was how I was feeling. Bloomin hec. Like I said in my
pm to you I didnt swear at anyone or point the finger at anyone, just a general statement thats all. Sorry everyone. :smiley-vault-misc-150:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions