[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsal0gXaXw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Tink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My understanding of a hologram is that it is projected onto a back drop, which appears to be the case in the Japanese videos just posted, and is what is explained in this article.

It's impressive but not nearly as convincing as the Tupac one.  Not convinced.

Also, it appears that this was a 'surprise.'  However, costs for the 'hologram' were estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands.  Poor marketing, I would suggest.  And now they're talking a 'tour' with the hologram?  And what about the 'estate of...'?  Do they get some kind of say and/ or share in this venture?  Can I make a hologram of Elvis and go on tour?

Nope! Didn't watch the Vocaloids! They're projected in 3D, onto like a CLEAR sheets in the center of the stage, same way as "Tupac," so is all fake. The Vocaloids have been in the semi-round, I believe.

As for a hologram of Elvis? You'd have to consult his Estate for an agreement, you can't just do things like that without permission, nor without paying them!
Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:25:32 AM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Adi

It's very awesome to see Tupac perform in this way.....if he was alive then that would be even more awesome. It certainly looks really alive like.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Okay, forgot this type of projection - you'll see a row of lights at the bottom of the stage, because it's the way they did the Madonna & Gorillaz Grammy show: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShxSZfOZwaU[/youtube]

I love how they bring the character on the left up like a puppet, out of thin air, so cool! And there you have it: advanced 3D. Did you all know, that was NOT the real Madonna that interacted with the Gorillaz!? SHE WAS NOT REAL - SHE WAS VIRTUAL, LIKE TUPAC!!  :thjajaja121:

Here's the article - enjoy: Musion Eyeliner System was the holographic projection technology behind the 3D animation of the popular animated band Gorillaz, who performed 'live' at the Grammy Awards 2006. What's even more surprising is that the Eyeliner System also re-created a virtual Madonna, who performed her hit single Hung up on the same 3D stage.

"Both the live and TV audiences who watched the performance had no clue that what they were watching at least in the first few minutes of Madonna's performance was just virtual reality.

The Grammys performance was a variation on the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon, with the added attraction of a virtual superstar. Yes, that's right. The Madonna you saw on stage with Gorillaz at the Grammys was a virtual as her cartoon counterparts. However, the rappers from De La Soul who came onstage were, in fact, the real deal.

The Eyeliner System produces images of high resolution and quality that make them unmistakably real, which is what happened when Madonna performed the opening number at the Grammy Awards."

The shape of things to come, people - the shape of things to come - and no one even noticed!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pac....and I am just as certain that he is alive as MJ is or Elvis for that matter....this might be a hologram, but I think he did 'perform', I mean the voice and movements he did...I believe....

.....I hope you come back Pac...miss you

:bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

gwynned

Okay, forgot this type of projection - you'll see a row of lights at the bottom of the stage, because it's the way they did the Madonna & Gorillaz Grammy show: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShxSZfOZwaU[/youtube]

I love how they bring the character on the left up like a puppet, out of thin air, so cool! And there you have it: advanced 3D. Did you all know, that was NOT the real Madonna that interacted with the Gorillaz!? SHE WAS NOT REAL - SHE WAS VIRTUAL, LIKE TUPAC!!  :thjajaja121:

Here's the article - enjoy: Musion Eyeliner System was the holographic projection technology behind the 3D animation of the popular animated band Gorillaz, who performed 'live' at the Grammy Awards 2006. What's even more surprising is that the Eyeliner System also re-created a virtual Madonna, who performed her hit single Hung up on the same 3D stage.

"Both the live and TV audiences who watched the performance had no clue that what they were watching at least in the first few minutes of Madonna's performance was just virtual reality.

The Grammys performance was a variation on the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon, with the added attraction of a virtual superstar. Yes, that's right. The Madonna you saw on stage with Gorillaz at the Grammys was a virtual as her cartoon counterparts. However, the rappers from De La Soul who came onstage were, in fact, the real deal.

The Eyeliner System produces images of high resolution and quality that make them unmistakably real, which is what happened when Madonna performed the opening number at the Grammy Awards."

The shape of things to come, people - the shape of things to come - and no one even noticed!!

Now I'm really irritated.  Do you mean Cirque could have gotten a dancing talking real life looking Michael hologram instead of that 1 minute wavey projection?  VERY disappointing.   :Pulling_hair:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

@gwynned - It would've cost them their entire budget for the show!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Certainly Cirque COULD have, but chose NOT to. The hologram in CIRQUE looked like the ghost of a hologram to me. And what does THAT say????

I am no aficianado of hip-hop (but like alot of it)---but Let me ask another question:  Any significance in Snoop wearing a sequenced glove?  Just asking...................
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Certainly Cirque COULD have, but chose NOT to. The hologram in CIRQUE looked like the ghost of a hologram to me. And what does THAT say????

I am no aficianado of hip-hop (but like alot of it)---but Let me ask another question:  Any significance in Snoop wearing a sequenced glove?  Just asking...................

I think that's of more relevance - the glove.

As for cirque, their hologram reminds me of the movie, The Illusionist.

Cirque really couldn't do the Eyeliner hologram because, well, the cost is prohibitive other than short stints; you also CANNOT directly interact with them! You can be in front of it, but too much jumping around mal-aligns the lasers. See the lights under the figures? That's why they had to create the "Madonna" 3D figure to interact with Gorillaz! You can't interfere with the projection, or the illusion is blown.

As of the "Tupac," other than showing off how good they were at "skinning" the tats onto the 3D figure "congrats to my fellow artists for that!" The rest was of poor quality; it was repetitive, and his feet kept sliding an awful lot, lol.
Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:40:00 AM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

At first glance I thought Snoop had on a sparkley glove, but at around 2.40 in the video, you can see it's his signature mike.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

I think that's of more relevance - the glove.

As for cirque, their hologram reminds me of the movie, The Illusionist.

Cirque really couldn't do the Eyeliner hologram because, well, the cost is prohibitive other than short stints; you also CANNOT directly interact with them! You can be in front of it, but too much jumping around mal-aligns the lasers. See the lights under the figures? That's why they had to create the "Madonna" 3D figure to interact with Gorillaz! You can't interfere with the projection, or the illusion is blown.

As of the "Tupac," other than showing off how good they were at "skinning" the tats onto the 3D figure "congrats to my fellow artists for that!" The rest was of poor quality; it was repetitive, and his feet kept sliding an awful lot, lol.

The glove!  OMG, who was even looking at Snoop when everyone's eyes were on Tupac! 

There have been conflicting reports (surprise!!!) in the media as to whether this was a projection or a hologram, 2D or 3D and even what company was responsible for the hologram. 

Here's what CBS News had to say about it.

AV Concepts was charged with projecting the image of Tupac on the stage. Nick Smith, the company's president, told MTV it took several months of planning and four months of studio time to create the hologram. Smith declined to comment on the price of the project, but said a comparable project would cost from $100,000 to $400,000.

Shakur's image was fully digital, El Ulbrich, chief creative officer of Digital Domain told the Wall Street Journal.

"This is not found footage. This is not archival footage. This is an illusion," Ulbrich told the Journal. "This is just the beginning. Dre has a massive vision for this."

Although the perception was of a 3D likeness of Shakur, the image was actually a 2D image. Shakur's likeness was projected onto an angled piece of glass on ground, which in turn projected the image onto a Mylar screen on stage.

"Utilizing the Musion Eyeliner system, the 302 x 132 screen was customized by AV Concepts to descend onto the stage in mere seconds between sets of the performance to bring the infamous, deceased singer back to life," AV Concepts said on their website. "The most critical technical element was AV Concepts' proprietary Liquid Scenic server that delivered uncompressed media for 3 stacked 1920 x 1080 images, delivering 54,000 lumens of incredibly clear projected imagery."

The Musion Eyeliner system they're talking about is a product of Dimensional Studios and "is an open system that uses a specially developed foil in reflecting images from high-definition video projectors, making it possible to show holograms of variable sizes and distinct clarity created using a proprietary software. The entire system consists of a truss box and a stage, where the virtual picture appears."

I checked out AV concepts and they don't seem to have any experience in holograms or 2 D projections, although they did work with Chris Brown.   :suspect:

Then I looked at Musion Eyeliner.

Here's what they say about their featured video:

Major award-winning pop-rock band, Tokio Hotel, wowed thousands of fans when they collaborated with Musion to create the world’s first ever virtual tour. The band was transformed into 3D holograms, allowing them to transmit spectacular live performances across seven countries in Europe. The eye-popping performances were a resounding success, scoring hundreds of thousands of hits on YouTube as something never seen before.

I bolded what I think is the key.  They projected images of a REAL CONCERT with REAL PEOPLE, not digitized likenesses. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pikachu

the hologram of 25 y.o. Tupac, that looks rather like 40 y.o., 
wearing boots released a year ago, shouting 'WTF Coachella?!'
which first time took place in 1999, meantime Tupac had died in 1996 --
actually, there is nothing odd here. At all. 

is it me or he/it is not as much tattooed as Tupac was? probably designers
tried to save on tattoos to make very realistic crotch movements, lol. 

-------

We've been traveling on this wavy road
Long time til I be take off this load
But we ride, ride it like a bullet
Hail Mary, Hail Mary
We won't worry everything will come real
Free like the bird in the tree
We won't worry everything will come real
Yes we free like the bird in the tree
We running from the penitentiary
This is the time for we liberty
Hail Mary, Hail Mary
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
will YOU still care? will YOU be there??.. ah, well, sure... life is not a song...

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
I haven't posted yet on this thread, but I am still under the SHOCK effect and I've read all your comments.... for now all I can say is that I am grateful to God for allowing me to exist and live in these AWESOME tIMES !!

2PAC is MIND BLOWING in that hologram / 3D (!?) IT'S REALLY AMAZIIIIING WHAT HAPPENSSSSSSSSSSSS ... I've never really investigated his "death", but from what I've read so far, I can't exclude the possibility that he's alive too!

It's been a long time since I've listened to HipHop, though I LOVE it!

I've found the full show ............

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkOwHcgLNi8&feature=related[/youtube]
Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:15:53 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@Wishy : What's up with Frank Sinatra at the beginning of this video??  :icon_eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87FFmvxXuc&feature=related[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I don't know if these guys are acting... but I was LMAO while watching them  :thjajaja121:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbmFsLT3qw&feature=related[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions