bec

No it's not the verdict. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AEG just recently filed a motion to dismiss the case completely and this was the judges response to that motion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No it's not the verdict. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AEG just recently filed a motion to dismiss the case completely and this was the judges response to that motion.

Exactly bec.
Remember: also Phillips and Gongaware have been dismissed as defendants in the course of this decision process.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Testimony ends in civil trial over Jackson's death
September 20, 2013 RSS Feed  Print
Comment (0)

inShare

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Testimony ended Friday in a long-running lawsuit claiming the promoter of Michael Jackson's planned comeback concerts was negligent in hiring the doctor convicted of causing the death of the superstar.

Closing arguments were expected to begin on Tuesday, with the case possibly going to jurors later next week.

Lawyers for Katherine Jackson, who filed the suit involving her son, concluded testimony in the 21-week case after jurors heard from Michael Jackson's longtime personal physician, Dr. Allan Metzger, and his attorney.

Metzger testified about Jackson's skin conditions, burns and other injuries that required medical care by a variety of doctors. He also described Jackson's generosity.

Jackson died in 2009 at his rented mansion in Los Angeles while preparing for the "This Is It" shows in London. Dr. Conrad Murray was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving him an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, a drug Jackson took to help him sleep.

Metzger considered Jackson a close friend and served as best man at the singer's wedding to Debbie Rowe.

Metzger said over two days of testimony that he thought Jackson engaged in some doctor shopping but only used prescription medications to treat legitimate pain.

"He needed it," Metzger said. "He didn't take it for joy."

The doctor was among more than 50 witnesses in the case that began on April 29 with opening statements.

Both sides introduced testimony from Metzger. Lawyers for AEG Live, the target of the lawsuit, played his videotaped testimony detailing Jackson's use of multiple doctors and his close friendship with the singer.

Attorneys for Jackson's mother called Metzger as a rebuttal witness to remind the jury about Jackson's generosity toward charities and the enormous pain he endured after his scalp was burned during a Pepsi commercial shoot in 1984.

In a twist, Metzger's attorney Eric George was the final witness and testified about how he came to represent the doctor after previously working for Rowe in the case.

George said he agreed to represent Metzger for a reduced rate after the doctor contacted him. He also said there was no conflict with his previous representation of Rowe.

AEG Live denies it hired Murray or bears any responsibility for the singer's death.

Also on Friday, Judge Yvettte Palazuelos ruled that Katherine Jackson was financially dependent to at least some extent on her son for necessities of life, and the family matriarch is entitled to damages if jurors find AEG Live liable for her son's death.

Blankie thank for this news about dr. Metzger ,but the way he laughed when he said that Mike was a doctor shopper ,made me go  :WTF: !!!! I mean what in the hell is to laugh about that  :icon_e_confused:  :icon_rolleyes: .
To be sincere, it's kinda weird to have to deal with all these doctors  :suspect:, and kinda expensive too  :icon_eek:.Since all this madness began, I think we have already spoken of billions of dollars  :icon_e_surprised:  ... a lot of money in the middle  :icon_cool:, don't you think  :icon_question:? .Talking of money,the reporter just said that Metzger is paid with 1000 dollars per hour? WOW! :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnFasewN68&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLbgFjVGeC8H3dkCk8G_fFZ03CtDB4z-vR[/youtube]

PS .Blankie it seems that AEG Prosecution Decides Not To Show Rehearsal Outtakes  :( .

Katherine Jackson rested her months-long, megabucks wrongful death case against concert promoter AEG Live Friday after dropping a bid to show jurors never-before-seen “This Is It” rehearsal footage.

Katherine’s lawyers originally wanted to cap the trial that began in April with select outtakes of the King of Pop appearing “slow” and needing help up a ramp in the days before his death, but they backed down when AEG lawyers countered with a request that jurors see all the raw footage from the final rehearsals.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

HOME>ENTERTAINMENT
What If Michael Jackson Was Still Alive?
LOS ANGELES September 22, 2013 (AP)
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY AP Entertainment Writer
 Associated Press
If Michael Jackson were still alive today, he would have just celebrated his 55th birthday and the world would know the outcome of his comeback efforts. He might be embarking on a new career in filmmaking and probably would be nudging his eldest son in the same direction.

As a trial pursued by the singer's mother against the promoters of Jackson's planned comeback concerts draws to a close, jurors may soon be considering intriguing what-ifs had the King of Pop lived.

Throughout the trial, which has spanned 21 weeks and more than 50 witnesses, the panel of six men and six women has heard evidence about Jackson's ambitions and his undisputed devotion for his three children and mother. If jurors determine that AEG Live LLC is liable for Jackson's death, the group will then have to decide how much to compensate the singer's three children and his mother for the loss of a loving father and an entertainer potentially capable of earning tens of millions of dollars a year.

In order to award Jackson's family any money, the panel would have to determine that AEG Live hired the doctor convicted of administering an overdose of the anesthetic propofol in June 2009. AEG denies it hired former cardiologist Conrad Murray or bears any responsibility for Jackson's death. The company's lawyers point to evidence that Murray treated Jackson for years before preparations for the "This Is It" shows began and testimony that the singer was secretive about his medical care.

Yet whether or not the jury will need to determine compensation for Jackson's family, the trial has revealed new details about the superstar's post-tour plans.

Witnesses have described the entertainer's interest in another career as a filmmaker after wrapping up his "This Is It" shows, which were slated to begin in July 2009. The singer's contract included provisions for a worldwide tour after the singer completed a run of 50 shows planned at London's O2 Arena, but AEG executives say the global shows weren't a certainty.

Experts hired by Jackson's mother have testified Jackson could have earned a billion dollars or more on a worldwide tour, a figure that defense experts have attacked as speculative and far in excess of earnings from the singer's previous tours.

Jackson's success or failure during the "This Is It" shows would have determined his future course. By many witnesses' accounts, including his son Prince and a trusted nephew, Jackson was eyeing a second career as a filmmaker. He considered his long-form music videos such as "Thriller" and "Remember the Time" as films, but was eyeing even bigger projects on Egypt's King Tut and a Chicago gangster film

Prince Jackson, 16, recalled during the trial that his father would often show him films twice — the first time with the sound off so that they could analyze shots together. The teenager still has aspirations in show business and told jurors he is considering film school, a decision his father might have steered him toward if he was alive.

The singer suggested to his nephew Taj that he study filmmaking as well, urging him to focus on 3-D technologies that hadn't yet become mainstream in 2009. "He just loved the technology and he wanted to do something groundbreaking with it," Taj said. He said his uncle talked about working with famous directors and about doing movies based on some of his hits, including "Smooth Criminal."
Page 2 of 2
 Associated Press
Jackson's devotion to his three children has been a major focus of the trial. The entertainer closely guarded their privacy and often had them wear masks while in public. Since their father's death, Prince, Paris and Blanket have become household names and their faces are now well-known.

The children now live with Katherine Jackson and are supported by their father's estate, which has successfully erased the singer's sizable debts and have kept interest for his music high. But their father's death has taken away the children's primary caregiver and a father who by all accounts during the trial sought to bring his children happiness and instill in them a sense that they should help others.

The family's attorneys haven't told the jury how much they're asking for the loss of Michael Jackson, yet they could reveal a suggested amount during closing arguments, set to begin Tuesday.

Attorneys and experts hired by AEG Live have presented a different version of Jackson's long-term prospects throughout the trial, showing evidence that the singer was deep in debt and sought out the anesthetic that eventually killed him in the months before his death.

Jackson was on the brink of losing his signature asset, his stake in the Sony-ATV music catalog that includes songs by The Beatles and other top acts, the company's experts told the jury. The singer's medical care has also been thoroughly detailed throughout the trial and it has revealed new information about Jackson's relationship with Murray.

The former cardiologist accompanied Jackson to a 2007 medical appointment in Las Vegas and paid for the cosmetic procedure, a doctor who treated Jackson recalled in testimony. AEG's attorneys have argued that Murray was Jackson's personal doctor and the company was merely advancing the physician's $150,000 a month fee to work on the "This Is It" shows.

It will take at least nine jurors to agree that AEG indeed hired Murray if the panel is to then consider the what-ifs of Michael Jackson's ambitions.

———

McCartney can be reached at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

flory24

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jurors in the negligence lawsuit by Michael Jackson's mother against concert giant AEG Live LLC have heard legal instructions from a judge on the eve of final arguments in the 21-week trial.

Jury members listened Monday to a half hour of instructions on how to evaluate evidence and witnesses. The judge told them that everyone has biases but they must not be swayed by prejudice, sympathy or public opinion. Nor can they consider the wealth of the parties.

Their big decision will be whether the concert promoter was negligent in hiring and supervising Dr. Conrad Murray. AEG claims it did not hire Murray, who was chosen by the singer. Katherine Jackson's lawyers say AEG drafted Murray's contract.

A unanimous verdict is not required; Only nine jurors must agree.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I`m alive and I`m here forever!

suspicious mind

Testimony ends in civil trial over Jackson's death
September 20, 2013 RSS Feed  Print
Comment (0)

inShare

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Testimony ended Friday in a long-running lawsuit claiming the promoter of Michael Jackson's planned comeback concerts was negligent in hiring the doctor convicted of causing the death of the superstar.

Closing arguments were expected to begin on Tuesday, with the case possibly going to jurors later next week.

Lawyers for Katherine Jackson, who filed the suit involving her son, concluded testimony in the 21-week case after jurors heard from Michael Jackson's longtime personal physician, Dr. Allan Metzger, and his attorney.

Metzger testified about Jackson's skin conditions, burns and other injuries that required medical care by a variety of doctors. He also described Jackson's generosity.

Jackson died in 2009 at his rented mansion in Los Angeles while preparing for the "This Is It" shows in London. Dr. Conrad Murray was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving him an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, a drug Jackson took to help him sleep.

Metzger considered Jackson a close friend and served as best man at the singer's wedding to Debbie Rowe.

Metzger said over two days of testimony that he thought Jackson engaged in some doctor shopping but only used prescription medications to treat legitimate pain.

"He needed it," Metzger said. "He didn't take it for joy."

The doctor was among more than 50 witnesses in the case that began on April 29 with opening statements.

Both sides introduced testimony from Metzger. Lawyers for AEG Live, the target of the lawsuit, played his videotaped testimony detailing Jackson's use of multiple doctors and his close friendship with the singer.

Attorneys for Jackson's mother called Metzger as a rebuttal witness to remind the jury about Jackson's generosity toward charities and the enormous pain he endured after his scalp was burned during a Pepsi commercial shoot in 1984.

In a twist, Metzger's attorney Eric George was the final witness and testified about how he came to represent the doctor after previously working for Rowe in the case.

George said he agreed to represent Metzger for a reduced rate after the doctor contacted him. He also said there was no conflict with his previous representation of Rowe.

AEG Live denies it hired Murray or bears any responsibility for the singer's death.

Also on Friday, Judge Yvettte Palazuelos ruled that Katherine Jackson was financially dependent to at least some extent on her son for necessities of life, and the family matriarch is entitled to damages if jurors find AEG Live liable for her son's death.

Blankie thank for this news about dr. Metzger ,but the way he laughed when he said that Mike was a doctor shopper ,made me go  :WTF: !!!! I mean what in the hell is to laugh about that  :icon_e_confused:  :icon_rolleyes: .
To be sincere, it's kinda weird to have to deal with all these doctors  :suspect:, and kinda expensive too  :icon_eek:.Since all this madness began, I think we have already spoken of billions of dollars  :icon_e_surprised:  ... a lot of money in the middle  :icon_cool:, don't you think  :icon_question:? .Talking of money,the reporter just said that Metzger is paid with 1000 dollars per hour? WOW! :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnFasewN68&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLbgFjVGeC8H3dkCk8G_fFZ03CtDB4z-vR[/youtube]

PS .Blankie it seems that AEG Prosecution Decides Not To Show Rehearsal Outtakes  :( .

Katherine Jackson rested her months-long, megabucks wrongful death case against concert promoter AEG Live Friday after dropping a bid to show jurors never-before-seen “This Is It” rehearsal footage.

Katherine’s lawyers originally wanted to cap the trial that began in April with select outtakes of the King of Pop appearing “slow” and needing help up a ramp in the days before his death, but they backed down when AEG lawyers countered with a request that jurors see all the raw footage from the final rehearsals.

all that money being spent in that way and what do the jurors get about 50 bucks a day. :icon_rolleyes:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

bec

If it's anything like my state it's about 15c a mile compensation for commuting only. You don't get paid for jury duty anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Can I ask all of you, why out of all Jacksons would exactly Miss Katherine be the one sueing for money? Not claiming to know Mrs. Jackson, as I sure do not, but like I've stated many times after reading Bonnie Cox' research before it does look a bit tooooooo odd for a Mrs. Jackson to file a compensation case when she often enough has made her point clear that she is no woman of greed but a lot more attached emotionally to her children. She even said no money in the world would bring him (MJ) back (we leave that one open for spec). She is no woman going after money. That alone proves for me that this trial is a complete fabrication to discredit AEG, blame them. And not SHE filed the suit but the lawyers representing other parties interests in HER NAME. She is just dragged there - probably against her will. Sorry for being so blunt about that. But in the end all the testimonies and depositions are only entertaining (?) side dishes with little legal (if at all) weight at all, when considering others filing a suit in Mrs. Jacksons' name. We should not forget that both sides are represented by Sony affiliated lawyers as Bonnie Cox has found out through her research. She also brought up enough evidence to back up her research and I have to credit her with that. It is just too odd to be a legit trial.

@applehead & sweetangel
very good points you've made.

@sweetsunset
Don't get confused. Just look at the obvious and that alone answers quite a lot  :bearhug:
Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:48:27 AM by MFFreedom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"... and the truth shall set you free" David Icke

flory24

After nearly five months of testimony, much of it focused on the mental and physical health of one of the world’s most celebrated entertainers, the Michael Jackson wrongful death case moved closer to a verdict Monday as the judge read her instructions to jurors.

The Jackson family’s attorneys will give their closing arguments Tuesday, followed the next day by lawyers for concert producer and promoter AEG. On Thursday, the Jacksons’ lawyers will do their rebuttal.

After that, the case will be in the hands of the jurors.

Because of the expected media crush, final arguments have been moved to a much larger courtroom, one that holds more than 300 people. The courtroom where the trial played out holds about 50 people, and at one point the fire marshal forced the court to reduce the number of spectators.

Jurors are being asked to decide whether AEG, which was promoting what was to be Jackson’s 2009 comeback concerts, is responsible for the singer’s death.

Jackson’s mother and three children sued the entertainment firm, saying it negligently hired Conrad Murray, the Las Vegas doctor who administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to help Jackson sleep. At the time, Jackson was rehearsing for a 50-concert engagement in London, possibly to be followed by a worldwide tour.

READ MORE: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and

Stay Out! AEG Moves To Restrict Media From Closing Arguments Of Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial

Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:26:07 AM by flory24
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I`m alive and I`m here forever!

bec

Michael Jackson will be star of closing arguments
LINDA DEUTSCH 6 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, immortalized by music videos, will be the star of closing arguments by
his mother's lawyers in the civil negligence case against concert giant AEG Live LLC

The videos have been shown frequently during testimony in the 21-week trial
 to remind jurors of Jackson's musical triumphs as well as the
rehearsals for his ill-fated "This Is It" concert tour when some
witnesses claim he was ailing.The lawyers who brought the suit on behalf of Katherine Jackson and the superstar's children are scheduled to speak on Tuesday and have
 been allotted four hours for their initial presentation. Attorneys for
AEG will speak on Wednesday, also for four hours. The plaintiffs, who
have the burden of proof, get to speak a second time. In that grand
finale, probably on Thursday, they are likely to tell jurors how much
money the Jacksons are seeking for the loss of the world famous pop
star.They are expected to ask for more than $1 billion, citing testimony of experts who said Jackson had a long lucrative career ahead
of him when he died at the age of 50.Final arguments are likely to draw a crowd, leading the judge to move proceedings from her tiny
courtroom to a larger courtroom that can accommodate media, spectators,
lawyers and Jackson fans who line up daily for a lottery to win seats in
 the courtroom.You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe fans huddle and discuss the case in the hallway and wait to see
Katherine Jackson enter the courtroom. Some wear T-shirts emblazoned
with her picture and messages of support.AEG Live is accused of negligently hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted in 2011 of giving Jackson an overdose of the
anesthetic propofol as he tried to sleep during preparations for
comeback shows in London.The company claims it was Jackson who insisted that Murray treat him because the former cardiologist was
giving him propofol as a sleep aid.AEG Live drafted a contract for Murray's services, according to testimony, but it was never signed
by anyone except Murray before Jackson died.On Monday, members of the jury heard Superior Court Judge Yvette
Palazuelos gave them legal instructions. Everyone has biases, she said,
but they must not be swayed by prejudice, sympathy or public opinion
while deliberating. They also were told how to evaluate evidence and
witnesses.If the jury finds that damages should be assessed, the judge said they must not consider
such issues as the grief endured by the Jackson family or the wealth of both sides in the bitterly fought case.The instructions lasted about 30 minutes, a relatively short time because
there is really just one central issue in the case: Who hired Dr. Conrad
 Murray? Was it AEG Live or Michael Jackson?A unanimous verdict is not required. Only nine of the 12 jurors must agree.
I didn't realize we were at 21 weeks. Great number.
Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:06:39 AM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 6m

Breaking news: judge allowing cameras for closing arguments. Watch @ABC7 and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 6m

Breaking news: judge allowing cameras for closing arguments. Watch @ABC7 and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh...NOW the camera's can come in.  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_e_confused:
Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:39:31 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
awesome, now wtf does it even mean?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
ABC7 Livestream here:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
i can only see the CA seal,,,is it the same with u guys?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions