blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Angel, that seems like a reasonably good summary of the trial.

Agree  :icon_razz: Thanks Angel  :icon_razz:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
What jurors have to decide in Michael Jackson death trial and verdict to be broadcasted live on CNN

A high school football coach is leading the jurors who will decide if a concert promoter is liable in the death of Michael Jackson. The jury in the five-month-long trial has worked only about seven hours since deliberations began Thursday afternoon, since they took Monday off. They return to court Tuesday.

The 12 jurors must first answer the question: Did AEG Live hire Murray? The company’s lawyers contend Michael chose Murray, who had treated him for three years as a family physician, but Jackson lawyers argue the promoters chose to negotiate their own contract with the doctor so they could control him.

A so-called “smoking gun” e-mail sent by AEG Live Co-CEO Paul Gongaware 11 days before Michael died said, “We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him.” The Jacksons also point to a television interview soon after Michael died in which AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips said AEG Live “hired” Murray.

If jurors say yes to the hiring question, then deliberations turn to the questions of negligence. Were AEG Live executives negligent in dealing with Murray and did their negligence contribute significantly to Michael Jackson’s death?

AEG Live lawyers argue they had no way of knowing that Murray — licensed to practice in four states and never sued for malpractice — was a risk to Michael. According to AEG Michael was a secretive drug addict who kept even his closest relatives in the dark about his use of propofol to sleep, they contend.

Jackson lawyers contend the company’s agreement with Murray created a medical conflict of interest that led him to break his Hippocratic Oath to do no harm. Murray, who was $1 million in debt, was pressured to deliver the risky treatments or else possibly lose the $150,000 monthly salary, they argue.

Executives ignored a series of warning signs that Michael was at risk in his last weeks, including deteriorating health that included weight loss, inability to perform his trademark dances or remember lyrics to his standard songs, and paranoia, the Jacksons argue.

A sleep expert testified that the nightly propofol infusions robbed Michael of vital REM sleep, which caused the deterioration.

Blame and damages

If jurors reach a decision that AEG Live is liable, then they’ll consider other questions to determine how much in damages the promoter must pay Katherine, Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson.

Jackson lead lawyer Brian Panish suggested a range between $1 billion and $2 billion to replace the earnings lost by Michael’s death at age 50 and the non-economic — or personal — damages from the loss of a father and son. The damage award, however, would be reduced by the percentage of blame jurors decide Michael Jackson shares in his death. The Jackson lawyer suggested in closing arguments Thursday that they assigned 20% of the liability to Jackson.

Engaged jurors

Jurors appeared engaged and entertained through 21 weeks of the trial, which included dramatic testimony by Michael’s mother, son and former wife. Several jurors even applauded at the end of testimony by famed choreographer-director Kenny Ortega.

Their first notes to the judge Friday indicated that Juror No. 6 had been chosen as presiding juror — or foreman. He is a high school physical education teacher who heads to the football field after each day of court to coach a team. They also asked for 12 copies of the written contract AEG Live sent to Murray, a copy of the “This Is It” film — which documents Michael’s last rehearsals — and a DVD player.

A Jackson lawyer suggested outside of court that it would be a good sign for his side If deliberations last more than a few days — since it indicates jurors have moved past the key initial questions.

CNN’s camera will be in the courtroom when a verdict is read. Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos approved the network’s request last week to televise the closing arguments and verdict. She refused a request in April to allow cameras in court for the opening and testimony phase.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
Valerie Wass speaks about KJ v. AEG Trial

Michael Jackson trial: Conrad Murray's lawyer weighs in

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Inside Men's Central Jail, Conrad Murray is in the final month of his incarceration, finishing a two-year term for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. His official release date is Oct. 28.

"For him, every night is an eternity," said Murray's appeals lawyer Valerie Wass.

Wass says Murray has been following the five-month civil case in which jurors are asked if concert promoter AEG Live hired him, and if so, were they negligent in supervising him.

Wass believes the jury may get stuck on the second question on the verdict form, which is essential for the Jackson attorneys to prove to win the lawsuit. The question is: "Was Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?"

Wass say Murray's understanding of the work for which he was hired was to treat Jackson's dehydration after laborious performances.

"There was no mention of any sleep issues or addiction issues or addiction issues or anything like that. In fact my client has maintained all along that he did not know about Jackson's addiction and that Jackson kept that from him," said Wass.

Wass says Murray's record shows he was fit as an internist to provide basic medical care for Jackson and his family.

The Jackson attorneys assert that AEG created a conflict of interest for Murray and that they should have looked further into the doctor's financial background to find out he was in debt. Wass rejects that reasoning.

"What is the difference if you and I go into a doctor, and a doctor is having financial problems and the doctor recommends surgery? Should we question it because the doctor is having financial difficulties? We wouldn't know that," said Wass. Speaking from jail, Murray maintains he did not deliver the fatal dose of propofol and that he wants the medical board to restore his license. Wass is appealing his conviction.

"I'm pretty certain that if his conviction is affirmed on appeal that he would lose his license. If that doesn't occur, then it will be a fight to prove that what happened was an aberration and not something that speaks of his entire history and ability as a doctor," said Wass.

Meantime, the jury has not reached a verdict in the wrongful death trial. Jurors return on Wednesday to continue deliberations.

So does this mean, Valerie is saying AEG hired CM, that she's confident Jury will be stuck at 2nd question, cause the first question is 'did aeg hire murray'
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:43:02 PM by Thriller4ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

paula-c

he question is: "Was Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?

Devil's advocate. Anyone who looks at the alleged evidence against Murray will tell  that if a doctor is incompetent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

iLoveyoumore

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 20m
VERDICT HAS BEEN REACHED. TO BE READ AT 3:30 pm PT. WE WILL LIVE STREAM IT AT You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:icon_bounce:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

So the jury ruled that Dr. Murray was competent  :icon_eek: . . . unbelievable. Speechless.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

VERDICT TO BE READ IN MICHAEL JACKSON WRONGFUL DEATH TRIAL

Verdict in favor of AEG in Jackson trial: Jury finds that AEG hired Dr Murray, but Murray was not incompetent for job
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:59:32 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

iLoveyoumore

AEG won.
Good for the hoax  :beerchug:
Nobody died.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

So what we have learned is that AEG Live Hired Dr. Conrad Murray and that he was competent( meaning he knew what he was doing when he was giving Michael the prescription drugs).  A person that is not competent would not know the ramification of giving Michael those " doses". And another thing. Did AEG Live stated that they did not hire Dr. Conrad Murray. But the Jury stated in the verdict that Yes AEG Live did hire Dr. Conrad Murray.  Was Dr. Murray sentence involuntary manslaughter? If that is the case then this verdict here contradict that trial. Because if the Jury believes that Dr. Murray was competent(he know what he was doing) then his sentence should not have been involuntary manslaughter if that was what it was.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Actually sandal it does make sense. If MJ is 'dead' and Murray is 'competent' then involuntary manslaughter is the correct sentence, because he didnt live up to what he was deemed 'competent' of.

Edit - Hypothetically speaking  :icon_e_wink:
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:52:54 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

bec

Meh.

*yawn*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
Quote from: Thriller4ever
So does this mean, Valerie is saying AEG hired CM, that she's confident Jury will be stuck at 2nd question, cause the first question is 'did aeg hire Murray'
 I knew it! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

curls

And it took 5 months to give the jury the 'information' to decide this. That's what's unbelievable!  Reckon I could've done it in 5 minutes!

Anyway we're left with the world thinking long time addict MJ, with a little 'help' from Murray, was basically responsible for his own death - which he was, so it's heading in the right direction. Just a small (well, pretty enormous really!) shift in perception now needed by the world at large!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So the jury ruled that Dr. Murray was competent  :icon_eek: . . . unbelievable. Speechless.

Well, Mike left us speechless ,many times since 2009 ,no  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:??
The question's on form's were half ass& tricky, the appointed head of juror even admitted, confused  :icon_e_confused:  :icon_lol:! There should & need's to be a full investigation's on this, something's just NOT right about it! LOL  ;) . Conrad Murray competent  :suspect: :icon_e_confused: :WTF:?!! Then why is MJ dead  :icon_rolleyes:  ,does that look like a competent doc..?!! How did they know Dr. Murray was totally competent  :icon_question:  :icon_e_confused: . They didn't even check his back ground  :icon_geek:. Glad to hear the Jackson's are gear up for an appeal  :) even if,this suppose trial is about the truth and not money  :icon_rolleyes:,BUT why were her attorneys already discussing appeals before the verdict was read?  :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Meh.

*yawn*

Why *yawn*? aren't you happy KJ lost?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late