GraceTopic starter

Martin Bandier Signs Long-Term Contract to Remain Chairman and CEO, SONY/ATV Music Publishing
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.       
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00am EDT

Martin Bandier Signs Long-Term Contract to Remain Chairman and CEO, SONY/ATV Music Publishing
 Renowned Music Executive To Continue Leading Award-Winning Business
 Sony Corporation of America announced today that Martin N. Bandier has signed a long-term contract extension to remain as Chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. Sony/ATV Music Publishing is a joint venture between Sony Corporation and the Estate of Michael Jackson.
 Since arriving at Sony/ATV Music Publishing in 2007, Mr. Bandier has grown the company in impressive ways. Throughout the past five years, Mr. Bandier has re-energized the music publisher by putting an emphasis on attracting the industry’s best emerging talent including signing writer-artists like Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull and Shakira as well as songwriter-producers like Jeff Bhasker, Boi-1Da, Evan Bogart, JR Rotem and RedOne. As a result of his efforts, Sony/ATV Music Publishing has gone on to win many of the industry’s top honors including the ASCAP Pop Publisher of the Year (for the first time in the company’s history in 2009) and the BMI Pop Publisher of the Year (for the first time in over 15 years in 2011). Sony/ATV Music Publishing has also been awarded both the BMI Country Publisher of the Year as well as the ASCAP Latin Publisher of the Year every year of Mr. Bandier’s tenure at the company.
 Since joining the company, Sony/ATV Music Publishing has twice been awarded the prestigious Sony Corporation Award for Excellence, which recognizes an operating company’s stellar performance in a given fiscal year. Prior to Mr. Bandier’s arrival, Sony/ATV had never been presented with the award.
 In November 2011, an investor group that includes Sony Corporation of America in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, Mubadala Development Company PJSC, Jynwel Capital Limited, the Blackstone Group's GSO Capital Partners LP and David Geffen signed an agreement to acquire EMI Music Publishing. Subject to approval, Sony/ATV Music Publishing will help oversee EMI Music Publishing and will reunite Mr. Bandier with a company he spent over 17 years building.
 “Working at Sony/ATV Music Publishing, especially with its talented artists, songwriters and staff, has been one of the best highlights of my career,” said Mr. Bandier. “Over the past five years, we have shared some incredible moments and I am humbled by the confidence and support that Sony and the Estate of Michael Jackson continue to place in me for the development and growth of their joint venture. With the addition of EMI Music Publishing, a company I spent over 17 years building, the future looks very promising for many more shared successes.”
 “At a vital time for Sony/ATV, I am delighted that Marty has agreed to continue his expert leadership of this important company,” said Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman, CEO & President, Sony Corporation. “Music publishing is an incredibly successful part of our business and with Marty staying on at the helm, Sony/ATV is well positioned for the years ahead.”
 “Marty Bandier is, and for years has been, the leading publisher in the world,” said John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson. “We are thrilled he will be at Sony/ATV for years to come. Marty’s experience, wealth of knowledge and creativity set the standard by which others are measured.”
 Mr. Bandier’s move to Sony/ATV Music Publishing in 2007 matched the most renowned music-publishing executive in the industry with the company that not only controls some of its most valuable catalogue assets, but also boasts a stellar roster of the most active and popular current artists and writers. The catalogues include a generation-spanning mix of some of the biggest names in music, from the Beatles, Brooks & Dunn, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Richie Sambora, and Hank Williams to Akon, Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, Jessie J and Taylor Swift.
 Mr. Bandier was named chairman and CEO of EMI Music Publishing in 1989 after a merger between SBK, a company he founded, and Thorn EMI. Under his leadership, the combined company became one of the world’s most successful music publishing companies.

SONY/ATV
Jimmy Asci, 212-833-4513
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal