AKHTONI

Re: KONY 2012 (Please watch/read & share!!)
March 10, 2012, 05:28:40 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm predicting Obama will miraculously capture and kill this guy right before election time.......... :roll:

Te way he did it miraculously with OSAMA BINLADEN!!!!! but how about this??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Crol6EgYGjU[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ&EP REAL ICONS AND THE REST ARE RUBBISH

gwynned

March 10, 2012, 05:51:43 AM
Sorry, but this all seems like a hoax.  Someone who NEVER reads anything about conspiracies or politics asked me about this today, so somehow this message has come from out of nowhere overnight and gone viral.  But who is behind it?  There are so many problems in the world and ANYone can identify one particularly aggregious one, make a video and appeal to people's natural concerns for their fellow men. 

And we have been defrauded repeatedly.  Here's just one example.  I live in a small rural area and the local university managed to get Greg Mortenson to appear at both the university and the high school to talk about his book Three Cups of Tea.  Both venues were sold out which speaks to his popularity and people's innate concern for their fellow man.  In a subsequent expose on 60 Minutes, it was revealed that much of what he wrote about was fiction and there was a question as to how the contributions were used.

And how often have stories like these been used by the US government to justify 'humanitarian intervention.'  Most people are not aware, but the shocking photo of a seemingly starving man behind barbed wire in an alleged concentration camp Bosnia used to justify humanitarian intervention was a FAKE!  The photo made him appear to be behind the barbed wire when in fact he was starving and was seeking help and trying to get IN the facility!  People are easily manipulated.  Who knows that the money given to 'stop KONY' might not.  be going directly into the hands of his supporters. 

Good intentions and a generous heart need the guidance of a discriminating mind to be effective.  There's a reason 'bleeding heart liberals' are thought of with such disdain. 

On the other hand, it's easy to become so cynical that one does nothing!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
March 10, 2012, 06:52:19 AM

How You Should Feel About Kony 2012, the Campaign That’s Taking Over the Internet: A Guide
If you have been on the internet in the last 48 hours (you have), you've probably heard something about "Kony 2012," a new campaign aimed at raising awareness of Ugandan guerilla leader and war criminal Joseph Kony. And if you're anything like me, you've probably avoided thinking about it too much. But the time has come to form an opinion. And we're here to help. Below, all the opinions it's possible to have about Joseph Kony and Invisible Children's campaign to stop him.
Opinion 1: Joseph Kony is a horrible human being and war criminal

Who believes this: everyone, basically, except Rush Limbaugh and, we assume, Joseph Kony.
What it entails: There's almost no dispute that Kony is a very bad dude. As the head of the Lord's Resistance Army, a violent syncretic Christian guerilla group, he's conscripted somewhere in the neighborhood of 30,000 children to fight as soldiers over the last 20-plus years, and his army committed unbelievable atrocities in northern Uganda before being forced out of the country. He's now believed to be in the Central African Republic — on the run from the Ugandan army — where (a greatly reduced) LRA continues to inflict harm and sow chaos.
The problem with this opinion: Actually, there's no problem with the opinion that Joseph Kony sucks. The problem is figuring out the next step: given that Joseph Kony sucks, what's the best thing that the U.S. can do to help Ugandans and other Africans affected by him?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinion 2: the U.S. military should intervene to find and arrest Kony

Who believes this: Invisible Children, the charity behind the "Kony 2012" campaign
What it entails: Currently, there are 100 military advisors deployed to Uganda to assist the country's army in hunting down Kony. Invisible Children, a charity that's been agitating around the issue of child soldiers and the LRA through totally hip/cool/gnarly/extreme filmmaking and social media campaigns, appears to believe that the U.S. government is wavering on its commitment to the mission. Kony 2012, with its, you guessed it, 30-minute film and extensive social-media component, is designed to not just raise awareness about Kony — to "make him famous" — but also to ensure that the government knows that "people care about Kony." Not, like, his mom, or whatever — care about capturing him.
The problem with this opinion: Well, it's at best a gross oversimplification of a really complicated situation, and, at worst, an actively unhelpful misuse of resources and attention. Also, guys, that video? Was there not a black kid available?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinion 3: the U.S. military should not intervene

Who believes this: Writers in Foreign Policy and Foreign Affairs
What it entails: Not only are U.S. troops deployed in Uganda right now, but the U.S. military has assisted with operations to capture — or, failing that, kill — Kony in the past. They've never succeeded (duh), and in many cases have made the situation worse, prompting vicious retaliatory strikes by the LRA and killing whatever small chance at peace talks might be left. Oh, and the Ugandan government and its army have a good human rights record only in comparison to Kony — they've been accused of rape and looting, and their efforts to stamp out the LRA have involved forced relocation of civilians to terrible living conditions in poorly-protected camps.
The problem with this opinion: Invisible Children argues that the Ugandan government and military — not to mention the governments and militaries of the other countries affected by the LRA — can't effectively deal with Kony without the equipment, training and coordination that the U.S. could provide.

Opinion 4: Invisible Children is misusing funds, misrepresenting facts and possibly making the situation in Uganda worse

Who believes this: A number of journalists, NGO workers, African activists and academics — most prominently the blog "Visible Children"
What it entails: Invisible Children is more like a hip social media filmmaking company than a charity — last year just under a third of the money it spent was on "direct services." The video is misleading and simple — it glosses over the fact that Kony left Uganda years ago, and that his army has been reduced to a few hundred people. There's a whiff of the "change your profile picture to a cartoon character to protest child abuse" about the whole campaign ("share this video and you've done all you need to do to help Africa") especially because Uganda faces more pressing issues and problems than Kony. Plus, there's that nagging sense of weird racial and colonial politics: the fact that Invisible Children's film centers around a white kid, the way its main objective is to guarantee U.S. involvement (no matter the cost), the picture that's been circulating (see it above) of the founders posing with the not-exactly-the-good-guys of the Sudanese People's Liberation Army while holding heavy-duty weaponry and putting on their best gangster grills. All of which adds up to the unfortunate message of "well-meaning westerners will save Africa," when history has generally proven the opposite to be true.
The problem with this opinion: Not to gloss over the complexity of the situation, but: What could possibly be the problem with raising awareness? How on earth can it be a bad thing to call attention to the fact that a horrible war criminal is still at large?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

March 10, 2012, 11:12:37 AM
Not to gloss over the complexity of the situation, but: What could possibly be the problem with raising awareness? How on earth can it be a bad thing to call attention to the fact that a horrible war criminal is still at large?

People get very cynical and lacking in generosity when they discover these efforts are misleading.  Such hoaxes cast doubt on genuinely helpful charities. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 11, 2012, 12:39:33 PM

The person who authored the 30 minute video will appear on Anderson Cooper tomorrow, 3/12/2012
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Grace

March 11, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
The world is a village. The web is a billboard. Opinion is a target.
Power belongs to those who design the next maps.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

gwynned

March 11, 2012, 05:00:21 PM
The world is a village. The web is a billboard. Opinion is a target.
Power belongs to those who design the next maps.

VERY insightful.  Let's just hope Michael is as good a cartographer as he is a dancer! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

March 11, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

"KONY 2012" is certainly getting world attention because the message with its heartbreaking images and film reports has that effect on our emotions. When I saw this film I was wondering what the mission of Invisible Children is and if there is more behind their motives. I do not want to be skeptical about this movie because it is a fact that it reached public awareness about these horrible crimes, which is VERY important!
In the next video some research about KONY 2012 has been discussed and they came up with interesting arguments. It is a complicated matter because although only 31% of the donations is spent on charity, the biggest amount is spent on film production and publicity for this movie with the purpose to create high public awareness. Still, the question is: has charity money reached the right hands or the wrong hands? Probably we will never know.. my question is: should I keep believing in good intentions...? Because if I should not and everyone should not, being skeptical and suspicious, this will bring us not any further either....to change, to make this a better world :?.

with L.O.V.E.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fenpDAZ01KU [/youtube]

He's in the Congo now.

Look at it this way: something is better than nothing. If 33% of monies gathered reach the area, it's better than some charities which only have to give 10%!

Also, you need to be aware that it's about EMPOWERMENT for the PEOPLE who live there! Education is #1, so they don't become victims in the first place.
#2, is that they are able to create sustainable economies, so working for Kony isn't desirable on any level.

It's about economics. Just be careful that doesn't become "Whitey saves the day, with their idealism." Of course you've got some morons being jerks! They'd rather ignore the entire situation, like they've been doing for decades.

We need to capture or kill Kony, then educate and teach his ex-soldiers, and re-integrate them. Teach them it's wrong to abuse women. Not all can be saved,
but I bet you, 90% can be!

Believe in the best of humanity - for these people need help. But remember, they need advisors who understand the area. Kony is a wolverine hiding in sheeps clothing, and is abusing the Lord's word! He's a False Prophet, and is trying to keep his followers ignorant - just like the Mullahs in the Middle East.
His Charisma and weapons have gotten him far - but once you cut his financial source off, which from what I can see is HUMAN trafficking, prostitution,
& weapons dealing, possibly drugs, then he's undone.

Don't listen to the propaganda - for he wants you to. Take a stand, help the Lost Children! For though many are adults, they carry the souls of children,
locked in the agony of being kidnapped and forced to do atrocities. They need help with PTSD, and only God knows what else.

I strongly believe, THIS is one of the goals we all should meet this year - WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!

I strongly believe, THIS is one of the goals we all should meet this year - WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!

Absolutely Tink beerchug

and I believe in the best of humanity and that is not gonna change either. I believe that people can make a change to believe strongly in the best of humanity. I've done fundraising for charity organizations for almost a decade now and it has struck me that people are having more and more doubts whether their money reach the charity goal (because they've read "negative news about that charity organization"), so many have decided not to donate. Although I respect their choice I hope people will not loose their faith, in good purposes and best of humanity.

L.O.V.E.

Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:41:07 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
March 11, 2012, 11:56:16 PM
I've been hearing that this has illuminati written all over it..(not my opinion though).  The fact that the film maker uses the word "New World" constantly..and the symbolism of a triangle turned upside down.

The Americans don't need another reason to go the war either....they are fed up.

Did you know that UGANDA is OIL rich??  Richer than Saudi Arabia.

Is this another way of trying to gain control over the oil, by sending military troupes to fight another non-existant war, for no reason other than control?  Does this not sound like the work of the NWO trying to take over the world financial market??  Lots of money to be made with OIL..

Just keep an open mind, and certainly, I agree that KONY is an evil man that needs to pay for what he has done...but is this really the way to acheive it?  We don't want another reason for WAR...I'm personally over it in a big way. 

I feel relieved to see just how many people are willing to stand up and be heard...and this is what keeps me fighting for justice...POWER TO THE PEOPLE....Alot can be done if we raise our voice as one.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

March 12, 2012, 12:40:02 PM
I've been hearing that this has illuminati written all over it..(not my opinion though).  The fact that the film maker uses the word "New World" constantly..and the symbolism of a triangle turned upside down.

The Americans don't need another reason to go the war either....they are fed up.

Did you know that UGANDA is OIL rich??  Richer than Saudi Arabia.

Is this another way of trying to gain control over the oil, by sending military troupes to fight another non-existant war, for no reason other than control?  Does this not sound like the work of the NWO trying to take over the world financial market??  Lots of money to be made with OIL..

Just keep an open mind, and certainly, I agree that KONY is an evil man that needs to pay for what he has done...but is this really the way to acheive it?  We don't want another reason for WAR...I'm personally over it in a big way. 

I feel relieved to see just how many people are willing to stand up and be heard...and this is what keeps me fighting for justice...POWER TO THE PEOPLE....Alot can be done if we raise our voice as one.....

2good2btrue: Here's the TRUTH on Uganda's Resources, which in NO WAY match what you said about oil:

"UGANDA
Natural Resources and the Environment

Mineral resources
Small deposits of copper, cobalt, iron-ore, limestone, and salt as well as less viable fields of tungsten, beryl, columbo-tantalite, gold, bismuth, tin, limestone and phosphates.

Water resources
Annual internal renewable water resources: 1,829 cu m Per Capita (1998); Sector withdrawals - domestic 32%; Industrial 8%; Agricultural 60%

Land
Conditions for the cultivation of food and cash crops are favourable in most areas. More than 75% of the land is available for cultivation or pasture and large areas are under-utilized, including up to three-quarters of the arable potential.

Key Environmental Concerns:
Draining of wetlands for agricultural use; deforestation; overgrazing; soil erosion; widespread poaching"

They are truly, truly a poor country - but cultivating land is their prize! If they were able to utilize properlyeven 3/4s of their good land, they'd be in the money. But instead, they're doing "Hack & slash" of the Rain Forests, which is tragic all around! Soil erosion, the soil is bad for anything else BUT the Rain Forest! Education matters here.

There's no Illuminati going on there; it's lack of education, and being taught how to be proper farmers, and be better caretakers of our wild animals - instead of friggin' poaching!

Teach the people to become part of the solution, such as arts & crafts - instead of part of the Global problem, which poverty always does - out of desperation.

Here's a link where you can purchase things made by people around the world, artisans making a living and now their work is for sale online: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

paula-c

March 12, 2012, 03:06:27 PM
Uganda turns Into oil-producing country

October 10, 2006 - after years of careful work of exploration, Ugandans Heard What They Have Been Wanting to hear: the discovery of oil in Their Country. The President of the country, Yoweri Museveni, made ​​the official announcement to the nation this weekend in the capital of the country, Kampala. Commercial production will start in 2009, said President Museveni.
Museveni Explained That the search in Uganda's oil, Which cost at least $ 70 million, the companies Began in the western regions of the country, With The blocks of Waranga 1, Waranga 2 and Mputa in 1989. An Australian company of petroleum exploration, Hardman Resources Ltd, discoveries made ​​in June This Year, But The Appropriate Government Waited a day to make public the news to STI Citizens

Hardman is operator and has 50 percent of block 2, which is located in the northwest and covers the northern part of Lake Albert and the surrounding land area. The most recent discovery, Waraga, is similar to the place of discovery, Mputa, the company said.

Hardman believes that Waraga oil in all areas of good quality, indicating that the warnings of President Museveni are consistent with the predictions of the oil company.

Museveni said his government would begin production soon and begin to build an oil refinery. Describing oil as a blessing to Uganda, President Museveni promised to use the new resource to finance the country's development. President of Uganda said he hoped production began in 2009 with an initial production of 6,000 to 10,000 barrels a day. This Uganda will be among the oil producing nations in Africa, led by Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea, Angola and Libya.

But the speech of President Museveni did not report on how the oil will be produced if the oil fields will lead bids or if the government itself will take over the work of exploration. Museveni said that Uganda has simply studied various oil production contracts around the world. And he denied criticism from some opposition politicians to predict that oil will become a curse and lead wars, as has happened in other African countries.

President Museveni thanked God first blessed with a good quality oil. "Secondly, we thank God who has given us wisdom and foresight to develop the ability to discover this oil while all previous efforts had failed," told the nation.

Museveni explained that shortly after taking control of the government in 1986, a group of representatives of Shell BP and Exxon wanted to obtain the rights to oil exploration around Lake Albert.

"I called mine first scientists, led by Janet Opio, the Ministry of Mineral Resources, Water and Earth. these officials wanted to know if there were people on the spectrum of the system of Uganda, who were well informed about oil. She said there was an 'expert' in oil at the Bank of Uganda, "said Museveni.

"I asked him for bringing me to this 'expert'. The 'expert' came one afternoon. First, he was not Ugandan, he was Ghanaian, and, most amazingly, he was not scientific! He was an economist who worked at the Bank of Uganda on everything related to the importation of petroleum products, "Museveni told his astonished countrymen.

Therefore, the President refused to sign an agreement with Shell BP and Exxon because "there was no one in Uganda oil well informed on issues and did not want to sell the interest of ugandanses." President Museveni acknowledged that his government was forced to send two young Ugandans to study geology, physics and chemistry, to build toward his specialty in oil industry.

"Today, it has a team of 25 professionals," said the president, noting that 20 of them have the highest training in these fields. After an initial period of five years of training and improving the capacity, the unit Oil has become a department of oil exploration and production with sophisticated equipment, Museveni said. President of Uganda found that, after fifteen years of hard work, his government has now discovered the "oil of good quality."

Thomas Male, Energy Ministry official in Uganda, reported the findings in the three fields have reserves of between 100 and 300 million barrels. According to "Associated Press', just the news of the discovery, rumor has it that wealthy Ugandans have taken to the struggle for the purchase of the land on which oil exploration takes place.

By staff writer

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 12, 2012, 03:50:08 PM

November 25, 2011
Uganda’s Oil Could Be Gift That Becomes a Curse
By JOSH KRON  KAMPALA, Uganda

— When billions of barrels of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login reserves were found in Uganda five years ago, the discovery seemed like a gift from heaven to many in this poor, landlocked country.       
 Despite Ugandans’ dreams of industrialization, the country’s most lucrative export is coffee, and fish is second. Nearly 40 percent of the population survives on less than $1.25 a day, according to the World Bank. But when oil starts pumping within the next several years, the expected revenue of up to $2 billion a year could propel Uganda into the strata of middle-income countries, where few sub-Saharan African countries rank. A refinery will be built; infrastructure is promised.
 Yet there are growing worries that the oil may prove to be more of a curse than a gift, similar to the fates of other countries in sub-Saharan Africa that have joined the petroleum bonanza. Uganda is considered by international experts to be among You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and even before oil production has begun, several senior government officials, including the prime minister, have been accused of pocketing millions of dollars in bribes from oil companies, forcing at least one of the politicians to resign.       
 The web of scandals may delay the much-anticipated starting date of oil production, adding to the already volatile politics in Uganda, which has recently been the scene of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login in sub-Saharan Africa. Uganda’s Parliament voted in an emergency session in mid-October to freeze all oil contracts and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of the country’s prime minister, internal affairs minister and foreign minister, all of whom are close to the president and have been accused of taking money from Tullow Oil, a British company in Uganda that was scheduled to complete a $2.9 billion deal with the Ugandan government and two other companies to produce Uganda’s oil. Tullow has denied the accusations.       
 Despite governing for nearly 26 years and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login again this year, President Yoweri Museveni now finds that his popularity You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, along with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and his own party. Many here say that the bribery allegations are part of a campaign by some politicians to determine who comes next.       
 “Most obviously, the jockeying is for positions,” said Mahmood Mamdani, an anthropology professor at Columbia and Makerere University in Uganda, “especially given the expectation that Museveni will not run the next time.”       
 Mr. Museveni’s rise, from rebel to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, has paralleled Uganda’s. In the capital, Kampala, vendors sell posters of the president’s image edited into Terminator outfits, next to dictionaries and Bibles. He is prickly about criticism and refers to himself at times in the third person.       
 “Museveni can never be given money by anybody,” the president said at an impromptu news conference he held last month in Kampala, lashing out when the bribery allegations were publicized. “General Yoweri Museveni. To get money from a Muzungu, or anybody, for my personal use, is contempt of the highest order,” he said, using Ugandan slang for Westerner.       
 What could happen in Uganda has happened before in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, all countries with deep corruption where oil intensified class disparities.       
 “The next generation of Ugandans could grow up in a very different country to that of their parents and grandparents,” the advocacy organization You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login said in a 2010 report. “But the risk of the resource curse phenomenon taking hold in Uganda cannot be ignored.”       
 Uganda has been rocked by a series of demonstrations over surging commodity prices — particularly petroleum — as inflation has hit 30 percent. Protesters say they are inspired by the Arab Spring revolts.
 It is not just the decreasing value of Uganda’s currency that critics are complaining about; it is the way the money is being spent. The government was criticized in April for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for approximately $740 million, which some analysts saw as being costly status symbols rather than useful weaponry. According to the director of the Bank of Uganda, Mr. Museveni ordered the bank to release millions of dollars to pay for the fighter jets, which Mr. Museveni promised would be reimbursed with oil money, a prominent You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login reported.       
 Uganda’s oil lies underneath the forests and lakes lining the border with its troubled neighbor Congo. Oil industry and government officials estimate that Uganda will be able to pump about 200,000 barrels a day. But Uganda’s oil is waxy, difficult to pump and expensive to refine.
 Still, the country has stated its intention to build a pipeline through Kenya to the port of Mombasa, and lawmakers have already accused Mr. Museveni of secretly selling off some crude oil to foreign nations.
 As private investors come and go from Uganda, there are worries that hundreds of millions of dollars are up for grabs in kickbacks and secret deals.       
 According to American You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, Tullow Oil accused the Italian company ENI of trying to bribe Ugandan politicians, including Mr. Museveni and the prime minister, with more than $200 million to secure oil rights held by Tullow’s onetime partner, Heritage Oil, a British company. One cable cites a Ugandan intelligence report given to the American Embassy by Tullow. But Tullow Oil itself helped write the intelligence report, the cable said.       
 As for the new bribery allegations, there are questions about their veracity, and some analysts believe that the politicians singled out — all close to Mr. Museveni (the foreign minister is an in-law) — are victims of a smear campaign to hurt their chances of succeeding Mr. Museveni.       
“I have never let Uganda down,” Mr. Museveni said during the news conference. “Uganda will not lose, and cannot lose under my leadership. O.K.?”

21 Feb 2012
$2.9bn Farm-down of Uganda licences completed

Tullow Oil plc (Tullow) is pleased to announce that it has completed the farm-down of 66.6666% of its Ugandan licences to CNOOC Limited and Total for a consideration of $2.9 billion. The farm-down follows the recent signing of Production Sharing Agreements (“PSAs”) and the Kingfisher production licence with the Government of Uganda.

Tullow, CNOOC Limitedand Total (“the Partners”) have been working closely since March 2011 on development options for the Lake Albert Basin and are looking forward to discussing them with the Government of Uganda later this year. It is currently expected that small-scale oil and gas production for the local power market will commence in 2013 from the Kaiso-Tonya area.  Major production from the Lake Albert Basin is anticipated to commence approximately 36 months after a basin-wide plan of development is approved by the Government of Uganda. Based on this timetable, ramp-up to major production would commence in 2016.
In accordance with the Government of Uganda farm-down consents, operatorship responsibilities within the basin will be divided between the Partners. Total will operate Exploration Area-1 (EA-1) and Tullow will operate Exploration Area-2 (EA-2). In the former Exploration Area-3A, CNOOC Limitedwill operate the new Kanywataba licence and the Kingfisher production licence.
The Partners are now re-commencing drilling activities in the area to undertake a wide-ranging exploration and appraisal programme in 2012. Immediate exploration priorities include drilling the Kanywataba prospect, a series of prospects west of the Nile starting with the Omuka well in EA-1 and further appraisal work in both EA-1 and EA-2.
Aidan Heavey, Chief Executive Officer of Tullow, commented today:
“I am delighted that we have completed this farm-down with CNOOC Limitedand Total, two experienced partners with whom we have already built a strong working relationship. The Lake Albert Rift Basin is one of Africa’s most exciting oil discoveries and I look forward to working with our new Partners and the Government of Uganda in driving this project towards major production.”

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tullow Oil plc
 (+44 20 3249 9000)
Chris Perry – Investor Relations
James Arnold – Investor Relations
George Cazenove – Media Relations

Citigate Dewe Rogerson
 (+44 207 638 9571)
Martin Jackson
Kate Lehane

Murray Consultants
 (+353 1 498 0300)
Ed Micheau
Joe Heron

Tullow Group Overview
Tullow is a leading independent oil & gas, exploration and production group, quoted on the London, Irish and Ghanaian (symbol: TLW) stock exchanges and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. The Group has interests in over 90 exploration and production licences across 22 countries and focuses on four core areas: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
In Africa, Tullow has production in Ghana, Gabon, Côte d'Ivoire, Mauritania, Congo (Brazzaville) and Equatorial Guinea with two large appraisal and development programmes in Ghana and Uganda. Tullow also has exploration interests in Gabon, Côte d'Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mauritania, Senegal, Tanzania, Madagascar, Namibia, Kenya and Ethiopia.
Tullow’s European interests are focused on gas in the UK Southern North Sea where it has significant interests in the Caister-Murdoch System and the Thames area and in the Netherlands where it has offshore gas production, development and exploration opportunities.
In South Asia, Tullow has exploration and production in Bangladesh and exploration interests in Pakistan. In South America, Tullow has exploration interests in Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname.
For further information please refer to our website at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:52:45 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

March 12, 2012, 04:20:42 PM
Rinse. (Brain)Wash. Repeat. 

It's like deja-vu all over again...the only thing that changes is the 'boogey-man'.  And the masses gobble it up and ask for a second heaping.  Speak of the need for education!  'Their' game plan couldn't be any more clear....the 'dots' are there for anyone to connect.  Yet, people keep falling for the tried-and-true heartstings pull.

Kony IS a bad person, no doubt about that.  But who nominated the US government to be God?  I must have missed the press conference where they were handed the title(s) of worldwide 'educators', 'liberators', and/or 'saviors'.  And somehow, in the course of their 'humanitarian aid'....they always manage to end up occupying countries.  Is that supposed to be their 'just' reward?  I, personally, have a hard time trusting anyone that quotes God and/or Bible scripture in one breath...and in the very next, condones breaking God's commandments.

I wonder how many children....both in the US and abroad....have suffered or died due to the direct actions of the US government in the past 25 years?  Who should the world 'hunt down and kill' because of that...'shock and awe' style?  The hypocrisy is getting old...and it stinks.  People should educate themselves before claiming to have the 'solution' for anyone else.

The face of 'terrorism' is vastly different depending on which end of the bomb you're on....and the face of 'manipulation' is one that the world has had plenty of examples to recognize.

'They' aren't even creative or imaginative, for God's sake.  It's the SAME 'game plan', over and over again.  But then again, why change it?  It works every time.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

March 12, 2012, 04:47:35 PM
I agree that this kind of manipulation is quite sick. The public gets swayed and falls for the same tactics every time. Kony hasn't been seen in over 5 years and this is an easy way to invade Africa. Uganda is first, def. won't be last to be invaded in Africa, we know Africa is the richest in resources. An absolute goldmine compared to all the other continents. The elite need to invade Africa, and now they have the peoples support
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 12, 2012, 07:26:42 PM
Now just watch history repeat itself, the future targets will be shown
to us in the same way.
All to enrich a bunch of men. Thousands will die, children and women
and whoever will be there. They will die because of others' GREED and desire to
control the world. I have no idea what can be done to shake humanity
and wake them up, so they realize NO WAR should be supported. Especially
if we speak of foreign military intervention! We approve
Mass Murder. And do not even "get" it. Aren't everyone dead TIRED of war?
No idea if this all gonna end some day. Minority woke up, majority plays deaf.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions