curls

Re: TIAI February 14
February 15, 2012, 01:54:54 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyway, that's just my impression of it all. Again, for whatever it is worth.

Bec, just wanted to say your opinions/impressions are worth a lot. I too saw Sarahli's 'Know God Know Love, No God No Love' post and thought, hey that's the wrong way round! So I agree with you that 'love' comes first, there can surely be no knowing God, in all the complexities of whatever that may mean, without it.  bearhug And one for you too Sarahli!  bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

February 15, 2012, 08:28:54 AM
Love to you all :)

Thanks Ford,
I love the picture you posted, it's beautiful!

and love to you too  bearhug
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:33:55 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
February 15, 2012, 10:17:05 AM
I love you Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 15, 2012, 12:25:23 PM
This was the re-direct for Feb 14, 2011....I remember it well:

Here is the thread about it:

Just interesting to look back.......

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

February 15, 2012, 03:12:52 PM
Hey yeah, wow, wishingstar, it is indeed interesting to look back. I had to check the username twice:

Is this about the flood TS?

Water is the provider of all life and it is the most powerful element on earth. Water extinguishes fire. Water can erode even solid stone over time.

Water is necessary for all life on earth. Not enough and life ceases to exist.

But the flood was a great over abundance of water and it nearly destroyed all life on earth. Except for the ark, and a few survivors who headed the warnings and rode out the flood.

"For 40 days and for 40 nights the law was on her side... but who can stand when she's in demand with her schemes n' plans"
-- dropped from TII Billy Jean

40 days and 40 nights of rain caused the great flood. Noah headed the warnings from God and built an ark on dry land despite the jeers and mocking from his peers, the heathens (lol), and when the flood came, he and his family and loved ones were safely on board. The flood wiped out all life on earth except for Noah and his crew, who rode out the flood, and repopulated the earth afterward.

40 days and 40 nights Moses and his people wandered the desert after walking out of Egypt. To escape, Moses parted the Red Sea allowing his people to walk to safety, and the sea swallowed the Pharaoh's army and drowned them. After walking to safety across the sea, the people turned away from God and worshiped a false idol, the golden cow, and were banished to the desert for 40 days and 40 nights, were given the 10 commandments from the burning bush, ate manna from heaven to survive, and were finally admonished into Israel, the holy land (? shaky on that last bit).

So who's on the ark and who's wandering the desert? Or am I just over hoaxed again?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
February 15, 2012, 04:51:53 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Mrc2l1d0&feature=related[/youtube]

I was around 11 years old when I first heard of Michael Jackson. This song brings back happy carefree memories when life was somewhat blissful. I fell in love with this great singer/artist. Fast forward 33 years and here I am full circle right back where I started. respect/

Who would of thought we/I would be on an adventure of a lifetime. As of today I have learned more from the last 2 years than any expensive college would teach me.

I thank you all for being on this ride with me. I can't wait to see how this ends.

Hello TS.  bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 17, 2012, 09:02:45 AM
I am still fascinated with this re-direct.  Being that it's one of my very favorite verses, I am struck by one thought with it right now.  Why did TS re-direct to this particular Bible site?  We have seen BibleGateway.com before.  I am not totally sure we have seen this site.  It seems familiar to me.  However, it might be my own searching that lead me to it before now. 
What I find interesting, and why I think TS used this site for this verse in particular is there are many translations of the different Bibles, all on the main page. Here it is so you can easily see it:

With BibleGateway.com you see the verse fine, however, you need to search to find different translations:

While it's easy enough to search the site for the translations, it's even easier to see them on the site TS used.  They are all right in front of our eyes.  When I see the bible.cc page, I see instantly that one thing can be translated many, many different ways, yet they all mean the same thing.  Plus, if you scroll down the site there is really good commentary provided.  It's really interesting to read these views. 
This bible.cc site is a perfect demonstration of how words from many sources can mean the same thing.  It's this forum with a bow on it!  We have so many different view points, so many different translations of what this hoax is or is not.  Yet, at the end of the day....we still have the main idea to mean the same.  In other words, we all think differently and still come up with the same ending.....hoax.  That's why TS used that site in particular......we are all different, yet we are one.
I have come to determine that Love is the greatest because it's the only true gift from God, in my opinion.  Faith and Hope are man-developed feelings....you need love to justify having either of them in your heart.  But, Love can survive without Faith and Hope....people loose those all the time, yet still have Love, still have charity in their hearts.  For me, it's God's perfect gift. 
One other interesting side-note about this site......it lists 18 different sources or versions of this verse. 18 has been a reoccurring number here.....I instantly remember Murray's shirt with 18 on it.  Sim......didn't you do an 18 montage?  I seem to recall something like that. 
Anyways.....just thinking out loud really.  I was struck by the "why this site?" question and here I am, lol. 
Hey, this was post-tea, but pre-coffee....what can I say : )
Have a beautiful day....Sim, you and all of Romania remain in my thoughts and prayers....love you all so much!

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 17, 2012, 10:11:59 AM
@Wish...thanks for sharing your thoughts on the redirect.  Your post reminded me of what Front said in his last post:

[...]Do not let the religious beliefs/interpretations of others "derail your hoax train", so to speak. There are many constituents (beliefs) of the same train---each car (individual) is connected and rides along the same track---together as ONE.
[...]
Keep an open mind, listen, observe, share your thoughts…..it's okay to disagree. Isn't it wonderful when people who have opposing beliefs share and learn from each other? It's one of the most powerful things in the world!--- AND, one that ultimately converges on the same path…even if we don't realize it's happening at that tIME. HIndsight truly IS 20/20.[...]

I think you may be right about why TS chose that site, when (from what I can recall), we've been usually sent to BibleGateway which shows ONE interpretation/translation when the redirect is clicked.  That, to me, really ties in with what Front posted about on a few levels; it shows that there are (or can be) many translations/interpretations of the exact same thing (we are each unique and will therefore SEE things differently)....but that in itself (our uniqueness/differences) should be regarded as a thing of beauty, not something to separate us but something to share.  In the end, no matter the interpretation/translation...the 'truth' remains and that 'truth' is love.

I absolutely LOVE reading everyone's thoughts/feelings about anything...especially when they differ from my own.  There have been many times in my life when I would get 'bothered' because others couldn't SEE what I was seeing (times when I was bothered by different interpretations because they didn't 'fit' mine)...and there are still some things that I am SO passionate about that cause me to throw up that handy-dandy 'wall' I built for myself over the years lol (we all have one....some higher than others lol).  But the more I learn and the more I grow...I see that that 'wall' (that 'stumbling block' denying openness of mind) is simply a 'disorder' placing ego ahead of spirit.  It is NOT in our spirit to place OUR interpretation(s) or ourselves over anyone else (we are ALL children on the journey of learning <---ties in with picking one of the 'low' rooms)...but it IS in our spirit to share and help and console and remove 'stumbling blocks' whenever we can...for ourselves and for others.

It's HIgh tIME that 'ego' gets kicked to the curb....only then can true spirit shine through.

@Sim...you and yours are with me in thought and prayer.

With L.O.V.E. always.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

everlastinglove_MJ

February 17, 2012, 10:38:28 AM

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was searching through my fav quotes and found this one of Martin Luther King and I decided to post it in this redirect, although I think that this quote can be connected to front's post in the February 10th redirect as well, because it's all about Love bow/
Do not lose hope and faith in people and their ability and will to change, keep believing in unity and peace and that truth and unconditional love will prevail.

L.O.V.E.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

bec

February 17, 2012, 11:15:52 AM
Agreed with wishingstar. I noticed that as well, and also agree the redirect to a page listing multiple different, yet fundamentally similar translations was strategic.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

February 17, 2012, 11:39:05 AM
@ BTC....there you go again, LOL....you have a way of putting things that even when I am trying to explain my OWN thoughts...I understand YOU better.....OMGosh, that makes no sense does it....but it's funny nonetheless.  Thank you so much for the post...
Love ya!

@ everlastinglove_Mj....a million times yes!  What a great quote.....I also love to search quotes on things.  Again, it's another interpretation of what I might be thinking at the time.  I really appreciate you posting that...thank you! Love ya too!

@ bec....whew! For some stupid reason, I was nervous in posting this, I didn't want to seem insensitive at all ..... or ever.  I really appreciate your input on things.  The whole God = Love, thing is my personal bag....I totally get that we all have our different bags, so to speak : ) I really, really appreciate you sharing your views and your knowledge of things...you're awesome!  Thank you!  Love ya too!

Thanks guys... I think my second cup of coffee is now kicking in, lol. 
Have a beautiful day!
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2012, 09:22:51 PM
I don't know if this is just me but when I saw 1 Corinthians 13:13 I automatically googled 'january 13 2013'. I got results such as "WILL THE EARTH stop rotating on Jan 13th 2013????" and "The Coming Death of Rev. Moon on January 13th, 2013?". Maybe this is just a coincidence?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2012, 09:55:01 PM
I WANT MICHAEL NOT HOPE.
WHEN I SOMETIMES IMAGINE MICHAEL'S COME BACK, REACTION OF THE WORLD, AUTHORITIES, BAD GUYS.....I GET GOOSEBUMPS. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN?  SO, I WANT THAT DAY BADLY, MORE THAN FAITH AND LOVE.  /scream/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

February 18, 2012, 10:04:44 PM
Hmm, interesting I don't think it's true however. It said by Summer 2011 there will be 38 hours in a day, and that didn't happen...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

E

February 25, 2012, 03:51:47 AM
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

moonwalk_/
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:55:32 AM by E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions