~Souza~

Re: Whitney Houston Dead at 48
April 21, 2012, 10:25:24 PM
Pretty judgemental to say Whitney chose to die. Do you know her? Sorry, but don't judge about people you never talked to because you do not know the real story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
April 21, 2012, 10:58:00 PM
@Tink...
Yes, junkfood is also deadly. There are many lawsuits against Frito-Lay because of the deceit of those product. It's funny that you mention Frito-Lay, because I work in a printing industy where our company print the salty snack bags for them. Below an article about their deception also.

I saw your list of prescription medication you take Tink, that literally made my hair stand up on ends, knowing your immune system is greatly affected. Yes medication is prescribed, but it's also the easy way to avoid changing anything in anybody's diet or exercise. That seems to be the magic pill for most.

People are so UN-INFORMED when it comes to prescritpion drugs. People think just because their doctor prescribes it, there is not a risk. Prescription drugs kill more people than ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS COMBINED.

Funny thing is that you don't hear all those deaths on mainstream media, or your doctor won't even tell you the total immune system failure with happen while taken synethic drugs. Our bodies are not meant to filter those prescription drugs. Along with all the food, water, & junk food that is INTENTIONALLY, put in our food & water & prescription drug supply for the ultimate result.....to kill us quicker, bankrupt us, & keep you as a repeat customer.

Why is that cancer has exploded? What is contributing to the increase in cancer? Why are children dying from cancer before the age of 10? Why doesn't anyone link it to what the elite agenda is?
Oh, I know....because people don't think a global elite, Illumanti, NWO even exits.

Woman files class action lawsuit against Frito-Lay for marketing genetically-modified snacks as 'all natural'
Thursday, January 05, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Many major food manufacturers have been on a kick to jump on the "all natural" bandwagon, with all sorts of processed food products now claiming to be healthy and free of artificial and synthetic ingredients. However, one such company, Frito-Lay, is the subject of a new class action lawsuit that pegs the company for illegally marketing its snack products, which are loaded with genetically-modified (GM) ingredients, as being natural.

Represented by Milberg LLP of Los Angeles, Calif., Julie Gengo of Richmond, Calif., recently filed a class action lawsuit against Frito-Lay alleging that its snack products are fraudulently labeled. Frito-Lay Sun Chips and Tostitos products are made with GM vegetable oils and potentially even GM corn, but they are both labeled as being "All Natural." But GMOs are not all-natural ingredients, and are, in fact, admittedly synthetic, which makes any product that contains them unnatural.

Named in the lawsuit are Tostitos Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Bite Size Rounds Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Crispy Rounds Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Artisan Recipes Fire-Roasted Chipotle Tortilla Chips, Sun Chips Original Flavored Multigrain Snacks, Sun Chips Garden Salsa Flavored Multigrain Snacks, Sun Chips French Onion Flavored Multigrain Snacks, and Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar Flavored Multigrain Snacks.

"Each of the products that are the subject of this action contain corn and vegetable oil as their main ingredients. But the corn and vegetable oils (including corn, soybean, and canola oils) are made from genetically modified plants and organisms," says the lawsuit. "Monsanto Company defines GMO on its website as food with a genetic makeup altered to exhibit traits that are not naturally theirs."

The lawsuit alleges Frito-Lay's marketing practices violate two California Business & Professions Codes, a California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and the federal Magnuson - Moss Act, as well as constitute a breach of express warranty. It includes as a plaintiff anyone who has ever purchased a Frito-Lay product labeled "All Natural."

You can view a copy of the lawsuit here (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

If you are interested in joining the lawsuit, or filing one of your own, Milberg LLP invites all potential litigants to fill out a GMO claim evaluation

Learn more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 21, 2012, 11:06:25 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pretty judgemental to say Whitney chose to die. Do you know her? Sorry, but don't judge about people you never talked to because you do not know the real story.

I know Whitne wouldn't have chose her death just because she did legal & illegal drugs. I don't think anyone will ever really know the truth of exact cause of death. We all know she dampered with illegal & legal drugs, no one plans to die when using that combination.
Many are so un-informed on the deadly consquences. I don't feel she chose that to be her death by any means.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 21, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Hey Souza.....
Since you just posted, quick question for you. When did this site start? Wasn't it after Michael "died" in June of 2009? I see your join date has 2008?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

April 22, 2012, 01:21:02 AM

I know Whitne wouldn't have chose her death just because she did legal & illegal drugs. I don't think anyone will ever really know the truth of exact cause of death. We all know she dampered with illegal & legal drugs, no one plans to die when using that combination.
Many are so un-informed on the deadly consquences. I don't feel she chose that to be her death by any means.

It's more like this - With Cocaine, it's like playing Russian Roulette. You just don't know which time the bullet's in the chamber. The more you use it, the more chambers are filled in that gun. I've actually lost people I care about to the addiction itself. Didn't even realize they were making a fool out of themselves in front of everyone. They mixed Coke, Alcohol, marijuana all at once, and lost everything, because the person didn't comprehend what it did to their thought processes, or how they acted in public. I refused to have that in my life. An addict will ALWAYS pick their addiction over YOU.

Here's a study: Cocaine Triggers Heart Attacks Within One Hour You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Excerpt: Cocaine also tightly squeezes, or constricts, the coronary arteries that feed blood to the heart. If the artery constricts, blood flow to the heart and brain can be obstructed, causing a heart attack or stroke.
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:38:15 AM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Tink

April 22, 2012, 01:56:59 AM
@Tink...
Yes, junkfood is also deadly. There are many lawsuits against Frito-Lay because of the deceit of those product. It's funny that you mention Frito-Lay, because I work in a printing industy where our company print the salty snack bags for them. Below an article about their deception also.

I saw your list of prescription medication you take Tink, that literally made my hair stand up on ends, knowing your immune system is greatly affected. Yes medication is prescribed, but it's also the easy way to avoid changing anything in anybody's diet or exercise. That seems to be the magic pill for most.

People are so UN-INFORMED when it comes to prescritpion drugs. People think just because their doctor prescribes it, there is not a risk. Prescription drugs kill more people than ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS COMBINED.

Funny thing is that you don't hear all those deaths on mainstream media, or your doctor won't even tell you the total immune system failure with happen while taken synethic drugs. Our bodies are not meant to filter those prescription drugs. Along with all the food, water, & junk food that is INTENTIONALLY, put in our food & water & prescription drug supply for the ultimate result.....to kill us quicker, bankrupt us, & keep you as a repeat customer.

Why is that cancer has exploded? What is contributing to the increase in cancer? Why are children dying from cancer before the age of 10? Why doesn't anyone link it to what the elite agenda is?
Oh, I know....because people don't think a global elite, Illumanti, NWO even exits.

Woman files class action lawsuit against Frito-Lay for marketing genetically-modified snacks as 'all natural'
Thursday, January 05, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Many major food manufacturers have been on a kick to jump on the "all natural" bandwagon, with all sorts of processed food products now claiming to be healthy and free of artificial and synthetic ingredients. However, one such company, Frito-Lay, is the subject of a new class action lawsuit that pegs the company for illegally marketing its snack products, which are loaded with genetically-modified (GM) ingredients, as being natural.

Represented by Milberg LLP of Los Angeles, Calif., Julie Gengo of Richmond, Calif., recently filed a class action lawsuit against Frito-Lay alleging that its snack products are fraudulently labeled. Frito-Lay Sun Chips and Tostitos products are made with GM vegetable oils and potentially even GM corn, but they are both labeled as being "All Natural." But GMOs are not all-natural ingredients, and are, in fact, admittedly synthetic, which makes any product that contains them unnatural.

Named in the lawsuit are Tostitos Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Bite Size Rounds Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Crispy Rounds Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips, Tostitos Artisan Recipes Fire-Roasted Chipotle Tortilla Chips, Sun Chips Original Flavored Multigrain Snacks, Sun Chips Garden Salsa Flavored Multigrain Snacks, Sun Chips French Onion Flavored Multigrain Snacks, and Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar Flavored Multigrain Snacks.

"Each of the products that are the subject of this action contain corn and vegetable oil as their main ingredients. But the corn and vegetable oils (including corn, soybean, and canola oils) are made from genetically modified plants and organisms," says the lawsuit. "Monsanto Company defines GMO on its website as food with a genetic makeup altered to exhibit traits that are not naturally theirs."

The lawsuit alleges Frito-Lay's marketing practices violate two California Business & Professions Codes, a California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and the federal Magnuson - Moss Act, as well as constitute a breach of express warranty. It includes as a plaintiff anyone who has ever purchased a Frito-Lay product labeled "All Natural."

You can view a copy of the lawsuit here (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

If you are interested in joining the lawsuit, or filing one of your own, Milberg LLP invites all potential litigants to fill out a GMO claim evaluation

Thanks for your concern about my health. The first issue, is that my immune system was compromised to begin with, starting with a brain/spinal injury. The drugs are working on to fix the signaling, and to stop the secondary and tertiary issues from Fibromyalgia that was created by all this.

I'm not going to sue anyone over junk food, because as of this week, it's all off the menu! All pizza, sausages, aged cheeses, processed foods - contributes to my Migraines. We've unlocked a major nightmare at least. Dilaudid, GONE!  :icon_e_biggrin: I'm just going to have to learn to cook fresh, like Bobka/grandma. The longer I'm without a Migraine, the more I'm on MY FEET. Who would've thought FOOD itself, could make one so ill!? Convenience foods = Migraines.  :o 4 days without a Migraine...wow! This may also may be the key to regaining my overall health.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 22, 2012, 02:03:51 PM
Matrix Assessment Profile (MAP) helps reveal solutions for fibromyalgia, chronic symptoms and vicious cycle disorder - Dr. DiCenso
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 by: S. D. Wells
(NaturalNews) Whether you are suffering from depression, anxiety, stress, fibromyalgia, arthritis, osteoporosis, artificial sweetener disease, IBS, nicotine addiction, mood swings, migraine headaches, lack of energy, or you just have a long list of chronic symptoms and no definitive diagnosis from a doctor, MAP testing is the most advanced, convenient and practical way to find the source and the cure without leaving the comfort of your own home. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

This mail-out test called Matrix Assessment Profile (MAP) was invented 15 years ago by Dr. Richard A. DiCenso, a seasoned veteran at finding the source of chronic symptoms (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

What Western Medicine calls disease, Dr. DiCenso calls "Vicious Cycle Disorder," where symptoms are treated and covered up until nutritional deficiencies add up and toxic acids in the body begin to corrode tissues, glands, and organs, leading to critical illnesses.

Dr. DiCenso also refers to a phenomenon called total body toxicity, where a pool of toxins is created by repeatedly ingesting toxic foods, fluoridated water and pharmaceuticals. MAP testing reveals exactly which organs have nutritional deficiencies and how your symptoms reflect that. "If you find the source you find the solution," says DiCenso, and "If you only address the symptoms you compound the problem."

The body is designed to create and eliminate waste products in a 24 hour cycle, so anything retained becomes poison. The MAP test shows Dr. DiCenso exactly how you digest, absorb and retain nutrients, and your inability to process and excrete toxins.

Turning symptoms into solutions
Dr. DiCenso, a genius innovator who takes pride in his ability to expertly analyze and evaluate a patient's nutrient "profile," puts his patients on the right path more quickly than any other method, saving his patients a fortune. The MAP test reveals which systems are under stress, and DiCenso guides you to the right foods.

The beauty of MAP testing is that you can test from anywhere in the world. You simply visit his website (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), punch in basic info, and the package is mailed to you. You provide a urine sample and a saliva sample, fill out the health history form, mail it, and within 2 weeks you have a complete diagnosis by phone from Dr. DiCenso.

Vicious Cycle Disorder (VCD) is very common and MAP testing allows DiCenso to see the forest for the trees. The American public has been brainwashed into using pharmaceuticals to relieve symptoms, an unfortunate "tradition" for over 100 years. Most symptoms are basically "the effect of a nutritional imbalance or deficiency," and the long term result is VCD, not a disease. "Treat the source of the problem at that level and the problem is solved."

If you smoke cigarettes and want to quit, you can accelerate results by combining MAP testing with 14AndOut (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), a unique program which also addresses nutritional deficiencies and toxicity as part of VCD. Also, check out Dr. DiCenso's most recent book called "Beyond Medicine; exploring a new way of thinking" (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

"The people who are most busy and can't afford the time or money to take care of themselves are often the people who spend more time and money trying to manage their sickness instead of managing their health." (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Remember, disease is just a fancy word for bad nutrition, and pharmaceuticals are nothing but a band-aid. Get to the root of your problems. Your body needs antioxidants, minerals, probiotics, and immune building superfoods. It's like a maze out there and everybody needs a "MAP."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 22, 2012, 02:08:37 PM
@Tink.....
Found these 2 articles...Maybe some of these natural healers can help you or anyone else on this site.

Use Natural and Alternative Help for Fibromyalgia

(NaturalNews) Fibromyalgia is a misunderstood and frequently misdiagnosed condition. It is characterized bidespread chronic pain involving multiple "tender points" in the upper neck, back, shoulders, and hips. Treatments, such as painkillers, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and the injections of anesthetics are rarely effective. However, many may find relief from nature and alternatives as opposed to mainstream drugs and treatments.

A natural alternative which may heal fibromyalgia is to take plenty of colloidal silver (start off with 2-4 ounces per day and maintain at least an ounce a day until you achieve satisfactory results) and plenty of proteolytic/digestive enzymes to dissolve the fibrin (take up to 5 or more capsules two to three times daily on an empty stomach).

Here are some additional options:

Curcumin, magnesium, blackseed oil (Nigella sativa) and herbal oleander extract are all powerful immune modulators which may help. Magnesium deficiency has been associated with Fibromyalgia and it is estimated that as many as 80 to 95% of us are deficient in magnesium.

Consume apples and/or apple juice. They contain "malic acid", a substance that appears to ease pain and inflammation. Consume at least 2 apples, or 2 8-ounce glasses of juice daily.

Other good dietary practices that may help are:

* Eat plenty of essential fatty acids and omega 3's.
* Cut back on consumption of whole grain foods.
* Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners and foods containing bleached flour.
* Eat yogurt which contains active yeast cultures.

Try acupuncture. The National Institutes of Health has deemed acupuncture to be an acceptable alternative, or part of a comprehensive treatment program, for several types of pain. Acupuncture is a 2,500 year-old practice, and the Chinese believe it works by affecting the energy pathways called "meridians" that run through the body. The "meridians" are thought to carry "qi" (pronounced chee), an energy force that must be in precise balance for good health. Poor health habits, such as getting too little sleep, eating the wrong foods, etc. cause qi to become unbalanced. Acupuncture rebalances qi by stimulating specific points along these meridians with extremely fine needles.

Fibromyalgia has also been associated with heavy metal contamination. Parsley, chlorella and cilantro are all good for removing heavy metals.

Consider niacin and niacinamide. Niacinamide slows down phase 1 of the body's natural detoxification process while niacin speeds up phase 2. Niacin is also known as inositol hexanicotinate, vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid. The body's natural liver detoxification process involves two steps: Phase 1 and Phase 2. In Phase 1, toxins are reduced to smaller fragments. These fragments then progress to Phase 2, where they are bound to glutathione, glycine, sulfate and other molecules. In the process, new non-toxic molecules are created that are eliminated via the bile duct, urine or stool. In effect, Phase 1 either directly neutralizes a toxin or modifies it to form intermediates which are then neutralized by one or more of the several Phase 2 enzyme systems.

One or both detoxification phases can be overloaded and/or inefficient. A particularly damaging combination for someone who is ill is an excessive overload of toxins coming into Phase 1 and an inefficient Phase 2. Such a combination is believed in many instances to be the cause of marked environmental sensitivities and drug intolerances and interactions that characterize many fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue sufferers.

Do not give up on exercise. People with fibromyalgia often stop exercising because it is painful. However, inactivity weakens muscles and makes them more sensitive to pain. Low impact aerobics, conditioning exercises, such as swimming, stationary bicycling or stretching, are often helpful for people with fibromyalgia.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

April 22, 2012, 08:15:30 PM
Wow   
 @LoveShyMichael  and @Tink - your knowledge truly is  amaze me! 
I pray that cure wl b finaly working for u Tink and have Blissful week everyone!

Thank u againe @ShyMichael for posting that article about  Matrix - i wl check for myself too-)).

L.O.V.E.!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

April 22, 2012, 08:24:49 PM
@LoveShyMichael :bearhug: :bearhug: :bearhug: :bearhug: :bearhug: :bearhug: :bearhug:

You really are a dear, you know that? I don't care if we agree to disagree - I love you, because you're an angel to me. Not many people are willing to go the extra mile, in helping with Fibro - and I mean it! I do take supplements, etc. Some of the Fibro/ME & related patients do the natural thing, btw. I have spinal issues, that are causing some of this. So exercise, aerobics, traction, walking, I do what I can every day. If I can just get my core muscles rebuilt, perhaps it will knock many of these drugs down. I'm not overweight - just out of shape (visions of "sloppy man butt" has made me cringe, even as a woman).

And over the past week, past month - I've started to get some relief. This is when I must not stop.

:bearhug:

@skyways - aw, thanks.  :icon_redface:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:41:42 AM
@Tink......

It's ok, for us to agree to disagree! I just feel like it's the right thing to do, in helping someone else who might not find alternative ways for medicine. And being honest , your LIST of medications you we're taking literally scared me. Like you've said you've taken almost all of what Whitney Houston was taking "daily". And we al know that end result. And because i've been on numerous anti-depressents, ADHD, & weaned myself off all. The side affect are just too much. But hey I thought they we're "helping', helping what?, I'm really not sure, besides helping me overload my organs with toxins.

What got me on the fibromalyga with you was because I work with a girl who was just diagnosed with it. But she also drinks diet soda, which is loaded full of aspertane, which mimics the same exact symtoms as fibromalyga, but is actually just aspertane poisoning.

This site is also for sharing clues, ideas, likes, dislikes, opinions, facts, fiction, but above just to offer support to each other.

Here's another article......& this Chiropractor is in California, same state your in. Maybe he's close to you & you could check him out.

Surgery can cause fibromyalgia; chiropractic care can effectively treat it, says Dr. Whitcomb

Dr. Paul Whitcomb, a chiropractor in South Lake Tahoe, Ca, doesn't want to offer fibromyalgia sufferers false hope. However, he has developed a chiropractic treatment that has been successful in treating 95 percent of his fibromyalgia patients. Approximately 3.7 million Americans, mostly women, currently have fibromyalgia, according to Dr. Whitcomb's website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
"It turns out that fibromyalgia is an upper cervical spinal stenosis, which is actually a choking off of the spinal cord structures, but not so much the spinal cord as the meninges; the coverings of the spinal cord itself," explains Dr. Whitcomb.

Fibromyalgia appears most frequently in people who have suffered some sort of physical trauma, such as a car accident or a blow to the head. Some even recall abuse as a child, but Dr. Whitcomb, who himself suffered from fibromyalgia for three years, said he is currently researching and writing a book about another possible cause of the condition -- surgery.

"I think what's happening is, when you sleep at night you have muscle tone, and if you get sore or you're uncomfortable, you move out of that position -- when you're having surgery, you have no muscle tone at all. You're totally flaccid, and it doesn't take a lot to change something," Dr. Whitcomb said.

"I think what's happening -- I may be wrong -- but the position [surgeons] place the [patient's] head to put the trachea in is the same position [chiropractors] would use to take the first vertebrae and shove it forward." Dr. Whitcomb also theorizes the hospital staff tries different methods to support the neck and make the patient comfortable, but the supports they use often end up pushing the first vertebrae against the spinal cord. The adjustments Dr. Whitcomb makes in moving the first vertebrae from up against the meninges have meant relief for most of the patients who visit his clinic.

In an interview from the "Tahoe Daily Tribune," Dr. Adnan Sammour, an internist, said that one of his patients seems to have enjoyed great success with Dr. Whitcomb's treatment.

"She's almost completely pain-free, sleeping through the night and not requiring any pain medication," Sammour said. "She tried pain medicine, physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, and that did not help."

Some patients do not experience relief from their symptoms with Dr. Whitcomb's treatment. Dr. Whitcomb says they often are not suffering from fibromyalgia, and he also warns them of their limited chances of success beforehand. On his website, Dr. Whitcomb mentions two other hindrances to the success of his treatment. The first, overmedication, can be a problem, since patients often lose the ability to differentiate between the symptoms of fibromyalgia and the side effects of their medication. In addition, patients are often unwilling to discontinue use of their medications. The second hindrance can be the formation of scar tissue. Pseudo, or false, joints can develop after extended periods of living with fibromyalgia. Dr. Whitcomb, however, has had patients recover from their symptoms after 55 years of living with them.

Although fibromyalgia is defined as a chemical imbalance causing hypersensitivity in the nervous system that amplifies pain, the symptoms go far beyond just pain, according to Dr. Whitcomb, "[The misaligned vertebrae] pulls on the meninges, which is not that flexible, which attaches to all the nerve roots all the way down the spine," he said. Since the nerves from the spine have to pass through the meninges, the pulling causes all the nerves to fire at one time. "Now these poor people have symptoms of everything that comes from these nerves, and so you will hear them say they have pain, they have numbness, they have tingling, they have burning, they're cold, they itch; those are just all the proprioceptive fibers that go to the brain from the different areas," said Dr. Whitcomb.

Patients can also be subject to pituitary and thyroid problems. They often experience an almost constant adrenal rush, as the pressure on the meninges causes a reaction in their sympathetic nervous system. Sufferers are basically in a constant "fight or flight" response.

What does this mean for the patients? "They can't sleep," said Dr. Whitcomb. "Even if they do get sleep, or even if they take medication to sleep, they still wake up exhausted." Additionally, the constant activity in the sympathetic nervous system often shuts down the patient's intestines, causing diarrhea, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.

Dr. Whitcomb has found this barrage of pain and discomfort is often accompanied by irrational and uncontrollable mood swings, which are understandable given the severity of the symptoms. Family members and loved ones, however, sometimes feel pushed away by this behavior, and some even leave. This intensifies the feelings of hopelessness, and can lead to depression, sometimes to the point where sufferers feel their only remaining option is suicide.

"I'm trying to do some research to find out how many fibromyalgia patients commit suicide, and the closest we have right now is 14 percent," said Dr. Whitcomb. "But I'm not sure that's an accurate figure. It sounds way too high." Dr. Whitcomb added the national average for suicides is two per 100,000 people. "At any rate, I know it's high because people are sick and they definitely don't want to live like that," adds Dr. Whitcomb.

Part of the healing process, according to Dr. Whitcomb, is meeting and talking with other people who are suffering from fibromyalgia. Patients pack into Dr. Whitcomb's office from all over the world and end up forming close friendships with each other, to the point where some patients show up together in carloads. "It's wonderful...they've got somebody to cry with or hold hands with and the other women grab them and start taking them shopping and going places. That part of it's a real good time."

Not surprisingly, with such a large number of victims, and such serious symptoms associated with fibromyalgia, Dr. Whitcomb's high rate of proclaimed success has met with some skepticism. Dr. Whitcomb says he often wakes up in the morning and can't believe it himself. In the "Tribune" article, National Fibromyalgia Association president Lynn Mantallana said the word "cure" made her nervous, since no cure for fibromyalgia is known at the current time. Mantallana doesn't immediately discount Dr. Whitcomb's claims, however; she herself has suffered fibromyalgia for two years, and just feels more research is needed.

Dr. Whitcomb agrees. He has enlisted the help of Dr. Gregory Plaugher, director of research at the Life Chiropractic College West, to document the cases of 30 of Dr. Whitcomb's patients. "The reason I'm working with [Dr. Plaugher] is that he's an outside source, he's not in our office," said Dr. Whitcomb. "He's going to document and print the results as they come out."

The skepticism, however, doesn't just stem from Dr. Whitcomb's claims about a disease that has only been recognized as a diagnosis within the last five years. Dr. Whitcomb feels other factors may contribute to some of the doubt he is facing, or has yet to face. Among those factors are professional jealousy, misunderstandings and general negativity.

In the case of skeptical medical professionals, Dr. Whitcomb feels that most of them are just trying to address the symptoms as best they can, but they don't define any one treatment as "right" or "wrong". "[Chiropractors] kind of look at a lot of the things [conventional medical professionals] do, and go, 'Why in the world would you do that to a person that has this?' and they look at us and go, 'We think this should be done this way,'" Dr. Whitcomb said. "The problem I have with some of their patients is that they go to doctors and the doctors look at them and say, 'You know what your problem is? You just need to pull your act together, get a life, go back to work and quit whining.'" This type of bedside manner can exacerbate the depression and hopelessness fibromyalgia patients already encounter.

Although Dr. Whitcomb doesn't blame individuals or their doctors, he also has a problem with some patients and their medication. Fortunately, as relief comes for patients, their dependency on painkillers, such as morphine, Oxycontin, and Vicodin, recedes. "Most of my patients are either off of all their meds, or 80 percent are off them within six weeks," Dr. Whitcomb said. "So they usually leave here without meds. He further adds, "Some of the people who have been long term on antidepressants or something, sometimes they'll have to take longer to get off the medications."

Dr. Whitcomb would prefer to be able to send his patients straight to a detoxification program from his office, but he said that it's important to note that he would never take patients off their medication. He prefers to let his patients discuss getting off medication with the doctor who prescribed it, saying, "I don't like to interfere with what other people are doing. The same way I don't let them interfere with my treatment."

As patients begin to recover with his treatments, Dr. Whitcomb feels that it is important for patients to begin some lifestyle changes. Ideally, he would like to work with a resort where patients could go for exercise and detoxification programs, and help with positive diet changes. The road to recovery is intense, with patients visiting Dr. Whitcomb's office up to three times a day over a period of one to two months. "We normally will see a patient three times a day -- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, twice on Tuesday, twice on Thursday and once on the weekend," says Dr. Whitcomb.

According to the information provided on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, the intensity of the treatments is necessary to combat fibromyalgia's propensity to return to its abnormal state. Cost for the treatment is $62.50 per visit, which is less than the national average for chiropractors. The cost, however, can quickly add up due to the frequency of visits. A four-week treatment usually costs about $3,500. The cost includes exam, consultation, report of findings, and X-rays. Patients usually find the results well worth the price.

"Somewhere around three weeks [into the treatment], they start sleeping, and it's like a miracle," Dr. Whitcomb said. Patients sometimes think something has gone wrong with the treatment, because they seem to want to sleep all the time, but Dr. Whitcomb says that is a positive change. "I say, 'Good.' That's a real big landmark for us, because that shows me that the sympathetic nervous system is going back to normal." The increased sleep is usually followed by patients' systems recovering from irritable bowel syndrome, as the pain begins to subside. However, Dr. Whitcomb has noticed a setback that sometimes accompanies recovery. Patients have a bit of fear of returning to their life as a healthy person and what their loved ones will expect from them now.

"I have a video here that I show; a talk I give...I tell them, "Look, I want your spouse and everybody to know that you need to go home and you need some months to readjust to being a human being.' It's not easy, and a lot of people require counseling." Dr. Whitcomb employs a counselor for just that purpose, who works with his patients twice a week. Dr. Whitcomb also recommends following up his treatment with deep tissue massages.

Dr. Whitcomb has said he doesn't want to offer false hope for his patients, but his treatment is certainly an option patients should consider, especially if nothing else has worked thus far. For more information, visit the Fibromyalgia Center of South Lake Tahoe, Calif. website at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, or call his chiropractic office at (530) 544-0632.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

April 23, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
This information on Fibromyalgia is very informative and interesting, I have a friend with the same condition.

However discussions about it and other individual health problems has nothing to do with the apparent death of Whitney Houston, so wouldn't this discussion be better placed in General Talk?
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:52:57 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
April 23, 2012, 12:52:35 AM
This information on Fibromyalgia is very informative and interesting, I have a friend with the same condition.

However it and discussions about other individual health problems has nothing to do with the death of Whitney Houston, so wouldn't this discussion be better placed in General Talk?
Thank you Adi, i was about to post the same thing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:02:36 AM
Yep. Agreed. Side tracked...it happens.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

April 23, 2012, 01:21:10 AM
Bec, is it possible to have these helpful posts transferred to a thread something like -- Help/Tips for Health problems and/or Pitfalls in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical industry?  Then the discussion could be continued freely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions