paula-cTopic starter

This video was made by 11.11 Social change as part of the campaign "Racism in Mexico".
Became a research work with children and Mexican, replicating the experiment with children and dolls designed by Kenneth and Mammie Clark in the 1930s in the U.S., carried out in several countries in the world.
Here is part of the results and the boys and girls that appear in this video reflect the responses of the majority of children who were interviewed.
Given the complexity of the subject, was a workshop of racism with children who participated and their families, to create a space for reflection and containment of the feelings generated in this Exchange.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9jNmGyL1l4[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:|
I remember even sadder video with adorable black children participating... and naming
the darkest kid illustration [they had identical cartoony kids in various skin tones in front of
them]  the bad, stupid, ugly and so on. So sad. Of course it's reflection of a society. It was USA
if I remember correctly. I'm afraid similar results will be reached in most mixed societies,
the saddest part for me was that black children "voted" against their own race  :cry: So not right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This video was made by 11.11 Social change as part of the campaign "Racism in Mexico".
Became a research work with children and Mexican, replicating the experiment with children and dolls designed by Kenneth and Mammie Clark in the 1930s in the U.S., carried out in several countries in the world.
Here is part of the results and the boys and girls that appear in this video reflect the responses of the majority of children who were interviewed.
Given the complexity of the subject, was a workshop of racism with children who participated and their families, to create a space for reflection and containment of the feelings generated in this Exchange.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9jNmGyL1l4[/youtube]

Thank you very much for this video Paula-C  bearhug !!!! OMG  :'( ,my kids will never ever hate anyone,no matter the colour of their skin ,and I completly agree with what was wrote in the description  respect/  :

Racism is equal or worse then suicide, it must stop. If you think about it it really makes no sense at all. Thinking differently in a negative way about someone because of their race couldn't possibly get any more idiotic, imature, stupid and ignorant.

THIS VIDEO SHOWS: How the media as well as other globalized sources have brainwashed many into thinking the ideal human must be white. I guess this is why many people I know are against modern world leaders. A government that hides things from the public and leads It's population into a modern day Holocaust is not worthy of being trusted by it's people. They focus on so much jibber jabber, but never on teaching the truth, why would anyone still vote, it's best to protest about these world problems instead of supporting the very people who are destroying our world.

If you are a person who discriminates, and are a racist, you are ignorant about the root of all humans, as a matter of fact you are negatively affecting not only the entire world you live in, but directly killing yourself as well by disrespecting who you truly are as a human being.  /bravo/

The truth is, no one is special or different from anyone else. No one is special, and everyone is special. Life has to be balanced to be fair  :mrgreen: !!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

We are many colors - we need to embrace them all!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

everlastinglove_MJ

We are many colors - we need to embrace them all!

So true! & we should pass this on to our children.

"It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the treads of that tapestry are equal in value no matter their color." ~Maya Angelou

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

@Paula C: your thread reminded me of this article I've been reading about a year ago: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As parents, we may look to teachers, politicians, or religious leaders to eliminate racism. They certainly can make great contributions toward a just society, but we also have a vitally important contribution to make. We can talk openly with our children about race, ethnicity, religion, and bigotry. We can answer their questions about these complicated topics, and we can begin a dialogue that will continue throughout their lives. The quality of our children's future is at stake. In the 21st century, the ability to communicate and work with people from different racial and ethnic groups will be as essential as computer skills. The United States is already one of the most diverse societies in the world. Our children will inherit an even more diverse society. We need to help them learn to live and work closely with people whose race, religion, or culture may be different from their own.

By speaking openly about similarities and differences between people, we can raise children whose lives are not constricted by fear. By joining with them to recognize and talk about discrimination, we will help our children become adults who work to end it. By encouraging our children to reach across racial and ethnic lines, we will enable them to lead richer, fuller lives and to recognize the humanity of all people. but I'm not prejudiced

"I'm not prejudiced. I treat all people with respect and dignity, and I expect my children to do the same. Why do I have to do more?"

"Since kids are naturally prejudice-free, won't talking about it just make things worse?"

but I'm not prejudiced....

Unfortunately, it is not enough to set a good example. Nor can we shield children from bigotry. A society that continues to discriminate against racial and ethnic groups nurtures prejudice in each new generation.

If we avoid these subjects with our children, we actually run the risk of strengthening prejudices we want them to reject. Children are barraged by images and ideas we don't control-on the playground, on television, and in school. However free from prejudice we may be, our children, even very young children, can absorb the biases they encounter outside of our homes.

I realize that we live in a country and in a position in which we can choose a school for our children. We did choose for a public, non-religious school which has respect and an open vision to this multi-religious and multi-cultural world. My children have learned to understand the religions and cultures in this world and that all people with different beliefs are living together in one world. They have learned to talk about it. I completely support this school participation of education to prepare children on a global life with an open vision. Above all, parents should support this too because they are the most important example for their children.

L.O.V.E.
Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:03:35 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

paula-cTopic starter

We live in a society where reality is one and they say the media is another, media racism is a close relative of political racism is thus built a society where the paradoxes have the perversity of show us the world upside down.

In this context, Democrat of birth is that of white skin; dictator by birth is the skinned.
Democracy is when it sends the political minority; dictatorship is that sends social majority.

Democracy is the wild market where only save those who can and those who have money; dictatorship is the search for a society of equals.

Democracy is striking with impunity to the Indian, mestizo, black or progressive intellectual; dictatorship is when the Indian or mestizo, black or the progressive intellectual defend themselves.

Democracy is the failure of deliberative mechanisms for the settlement of historical crisis; Dictatorship is the success of these mechanisms.

Democracy is the infamous betrayal of the nation to transnational corporations; the recovery of these resources for the nation is dictatorship.

Democracy is being an accomplice of the transnationals; dictatorship is not to be.

Democracy is being an accomplice to corrupt judges; dictatorship is justice for all.

Democracy is to protect powerful privileges; dictatorship is not do it.

Democracy is becoming privileged owner of the State; dictatorship is the State of the whole nation.

Democracy is a lie by saying; dictatorship is telling the truth.

Democracy is exacerbated racism of white; dictatorship is the diversity of colors.

Democracy is the justification of racial violence media; dictatorship is to preserve social peace.

And it is that bourgeois democracy is based on the color of skin, in the most simple and at the same time more rude and wicked racism.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have never understood racism.....as a child I would cry when I learned what people were capable of.  Teachers would have to console me or send me to the nurse.  I couldn't watch videos that talked about wars, slavery, the holocaust.....I'd cry too hard.  From a very young age, all I ever saw were people.  I grew up fairly affluent, and saw plenty to make me question society at a young age.  I remember asking my mother something like, ".....if I cut my finger and bleed, is it not the same blood?  Are we not the same mommy?"  I was all of about 5 at the time asking the about the different colors of skin/and different countries.  Her reply was a sweet hug, and told me that the world just doesn't understand, but yes we are all the same, we are all just people on the Earth. 
That question I asked has always been with me.  If I cut myself and bleed, is it not the same blood?  I have never, ever understood why anyone would think less of a person based on skin color or anything else.  I am so glad my mother answered like she did.  If she had been racist it would have been so easy for her to influence me at that time.  But, she did the right thing and told me we are just people....no matter the color....just people.  She always told me to look at a person's eyes....they tell the truth.  Michael's eyes tell the truth...perhaps that's why I gravitate to him so.  His pain, his sorrow, his joy, his happiness....are all in his eyes. 

When I count my blessings, I count each person here on this forum.  We are all different colors, different nationalities, but one race....human.
Blessings to each of you always.
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Wish, thank you for sharing your memories and your thoughts as a child. It was touching to read about your sweet and pure question if your blood was not the same. I remember I was thinking the same around that age. And when I was about 10 I was reading "Anne Frank's Diary" and I was crying. I couldn't understand why she was treated so differently and why she had to wear a star. Why? She was no different from me, same age with same kind of thoughts and feelings. I felt so sad and desperate when I read about her life in fear in "Het Achterhuis".
Because of your mother's wise answer, you are thinking without prejudice and this is a good example of the importance of parents' influence on their children on that age. You are aware of this and you are grateful to your mother, which I can imagine.
You are so right about Michael's eyes... they show truth and honesty.

Blessings to you too & much LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
I have never understood racism.....as a child I would cry when I learned what people were capable of.  Teachers would have to console me or send me to the nurse.  I couldn't watch videos that talked about wars, slavery, the holocaust.....I'd cry too hard.  From a very young age, all I ever saw were people.  I grew up fairly affluent, and saw plenty to make me question society at a young age.  I remember asking my mother something like, ".....if I cut my finger and bleed, is it not the same blood?  Are we not the same mommy?"  I was all of about 5 at the time asking the about the different colors of skin/and different countries.  Her reply was a sweet hug, and told me that the world just doesn't understand, but yes we are all the same, we are all just people on the Earth. 
That question I asked has always been with me.  If I cut myself and bleed, is it not the same blood?  I have never, ever understood why anyone would think less of a person based on skin color or anything else.  I am so glad my mother answered like she did.  If she had been racist it would have been so easy for her to influence me at that time.  But, she did the right thing and told me we are just people....no matter the color....just people.  She always told me to look at a person's eyes....they tell the truth.  Michael's eyes tell the truth...perhaps that's why I gravitate to him so.  His pain, his sorrow, his joy, his happiness....are all in his eyes. 

When I count my blessings, I count each person here on this forum.  We are all different colors, different nationalities, but one race....human.
Blessings to each of you always.
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tink

As someone who's lived through this, been called the "N" word, the "J" word, it truly warms my heart that people do work on acceptance.
Just because we are different colors, we are not to be feared.

For in the long run, are you going to complain about the color of the skin, of the person who saves your child if she or he runs out in traffic?
Sadly, I've had people scream at me, when the parent simply let go of their child's hand, while waiting for the walk light to turn on. I've never hurt
a child, never will.

As the balance of white/black/mexican changes, and whites are becoming the minority in America over the next 20 years, I do hope respect for all
is established. For reverse discrimination would be such a horrifyingly, ugly thing to come into play.

We are ALL God's children, and it's about time we share the sandbox with LOVE & respect, and give each other encouragement in everything we do!
For time's are a changing faster than ever. May God grant us all LOVE & caring, for our fellow human beings to where none of this matters anymore.

Prejudism & Discrimination are learned; they aren't born into a child's heart. It's time everyone makes that change and hold their tongue, if it's hateful
towards another, just because of color.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

As someone who's lived through this, been called the "N" word, the "J" word, it truly warms my heart that people do work on acceptance.
Just because we are different colors, we are not to be feared.

For in the long run, are you going to complain about the color of the skin, of the person who saves your child if she or he runs out in traffic?
Sadly, I've had people scream at me, when the parent simply let go of their child's hand, while waiting for the walk light to turn on. I've never hurt
a child, never will.

As the balance of white/black/mexican changes, and whites are becoming the minority in America over the next 20 years, I do hope respect for all
is established. For reverse discrimination would be such a horrifyingly, ugly thing to come into play.

We are ALL God's children, and it's about time we share the sandbox with LOVE & respect, and give each other encouragement in everything we do!
For time's are a changing faster than ever. May God grant us all LOVE & caring, for our fellow human beings to where none of this matters anymore.

Prejudism & Discrimination are learned; they aren't born into a child's heart. It's time everyone makes that change and hold their tongue, if it's hateful
towards another, just because of color.

Beautiful post Tink.....may you be blessed always!
LOVE

@everlastinglove_MJ.....we share the same sadness for history.  It's amazing to me how many younger people these days are not affected at all by it.  It's become a matter of fact, instead of a painful act....sad.  Thank you for your sweet words!!! 

@Sim...love you girl! 

Blessings
Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:58:48 PM by wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
@Wishy, love you more!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions