everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

French fans sue Jackson doctor for distress
January 06, 2012, 10:09:51 AM
06 January 2012 - 12H44   

French fans sue Jackson doctor for distress

Dr Conrad Murray sits in court after he was jailed for four years for the involuntary manslaughter of pop star Michael Jackson in Los Angeles, on November 29, 2011. Jackson fans are suing Murray for "emotional damage" they suffered over his death, their lawyer say.

AFP - French fans of Michael Jackson are suing the late pop star's doctor for "emotional damage" they suffered over his death, their lawyer said Friday.

The case against Conrad Murray, who was jailed in November over the star's 2009 death, is due to be heard in the city of Orleans on April 11, lawyer Emmanuel Ludot said.

"It's similar to losing a childhood friend in a traffic accident. Because this death affects you, you have the possibility to file a suit and seek compensation," Ludot said.

The lawyer is acting for around 100 fans who are members of an association that calls itself the "Michael Jackson Community".

He said that while each fan could be awarded damages of up to 10,000 euros (13,000 dollars), they were seeking only a symbolic euro.

Jackson, aged 50 at the time of his death, had hired Murray at a salary of $150,000 a month to look after him as he rehearsed and embarked on a series of "This is It" planned comeback shows in London.

The star died on June 25, 2009 at his Los Angeles home of an overdose of anaesthetic propofol, taken to help him battle insomnia.

Murray was found guilty in November of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to the maximum four years in prison.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:o >:(   :( I'd say these "fans" should be sued for emotional damage after reading this article :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
LOL Poor Connie. geek/

Michael, you'd better bring your cute ass back before MJC starts suing believers for giving them emotional damage! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

LOL Poor Connie. geek/

Michael, you'd better bring your cute ass back before MJC starts suing believers for giving them emotional damage! :lol:

:lol: :lol: now that you mention it... :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

WOW.... I DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE, ONLY 1 SENTENCE AND THIS IS JUST SUCKS. FIRST, I DON'T THINK MURRAY HAS MONEY THEY DREAM ABOUT. ARE THEY THE ONLY ONE TO SUFFERED EMOTIONAL DISTRESS? I HAVE SEEN MUCH  MORE ROMANIAN FANS GIFTS & FLOWERS IN FOREST LAWN THAN FRENCH, LET'S THEM JOIN TO FRENCH, AS WELL AMERICANS AND OTHER COUNTRIES, MAKE IT CLASS ACTION. THIS IS JUST FUCKING SUCKS!
I WAS ALWAYS THINKING WHAT IF MJ RETURNS, MANY FANS-NONBELIEVERS, THIS SAME FRENCH ONES WHO TODAY TRY TO SUE MURRAY, WILL GET FRUSTRATED AND SUE MICHAEL FOR THE SAME SHIT. WOULD THAT BE RIGHT? WTF! THOUGH I DON'T THINK JURISDICTION WISE THEY ARE ELIGIBLE.
Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:30:18 AM by scorpionchik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Grace

34 persons of a fan club founded in 2010 in the town of Montargis, (Loiret county) initating a lawsuit for "one symbolic Euro of compensation" each?

The president of the fan club is said to have created a "Michael Jackson church" and having called for a flash mob in Paris in August 2009? (this is only cache, the page is removed)

La raison qui a poussée Myriam Walter à changer les statuts de la « Michael Jackson Community » pour en faire une association cultuelle, c’est qu’elle a voulu se porter partie civile au procès du Docteur Murray, le médecin accusé d’être responsable de la mort du chanteur

The trial to take place in Orléans (code postal 45000, 7, rue des Hugenots, south of Paris) where famous Joan of Arc (Jeanne d'Arc) was executed after leading a revolution?

The lawyer Me. Emmanuel Ludot having participated in the defense of Saddam Hussein, a case against Angelina Jolie and a box cutter blade consumer rights lawsuit?

And this should be part of the official document that was said to have been sent via "diplomatic connection"?

More (in French, use translate.google.com if needed):

These are their blog addresses:

ORLY?

"Préjudice affectif".
"Emotional distress".
Or may this be called as well "prejustice inside out"?

The wave starts breaking. Fans are getting water. Buckle up.
 mj_bad/
Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:22:06 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Maybe if Michael would personally ask them to drop the case...  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
Preparing to launch my book in France but the cover has changed! We're keeping @harrisonfunk image from UK cover #youarenotalonemichael

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

2012 is the year for bam.... it will resolve many little side issues from DH such as this one in france....

im sure they can delay court for a while..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal