Korea Twin Towers resembles the 9/11 attacks
January 13, 2012, 07:23:38 AM
Is this for real  :shock:  :? ???? What do you all think  :idea: ???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MsM92pVEP4&feature=related[/youtube]

Sick! Mock WTC towers
Planned Korean towers echo WTC horror

In a spectacular case of architectural tastelessness, the designers of a pair of South Korean skyscrapers came up with a blueprint that makes them look like the burning World Trade Center towers.

The Dutch architectural firm MVRDV has been targeted with angry phone calls and e-mails for drafting a design that critics say is more appropriate for “an al Qaeda headquarters.”

The Rotterdam-based company’s plan for the two towers in Seoul features what it called a “pixelated cloud” of 10 expanding floors that connects the two buildings at around the 27th floor.

But the cloud recalls the horrifying images from Sept. 11, 2001, of the disintegrating north and south towers of the trade center.

The firm said it was “highly surprised” that anyone made the connection.

“It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks,” it said in an apology on Facebook. “Nor did we see the resemblance during the design process.”

Critics weren’t buying that.

“What the hell were these architects thinking?” read one headline posted on the tech blog Gizmodo Australia.

To make matters worse, one MVRDV official, Jan Knikker, was quoted telling the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, “I have to admit that we also thought of the 9/11 attacks.”

There was no word on whether the Korean towers, scheduled for completion by 2015, would be built as designed.

The Weekly Standard magazine said the architects “could hardly have not thought of the 9/11 attacks.”

The reason is that the residential towers will be constructed at the entrance of Seoul’s Yongsan Dream Hub.

The hub is a business complex designed by Daniel Libeskind, who is perhaps best known for working out the original master plan for the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site. In fact, the Seoul complex closely resembles Libeskind’s Manhattan master plan, the Weekly Standard said.

The “pixelated cloud” design first surfaced on the Web site of Dezeen magazine and touched off a firestorm of criticism.

“This is like 9/11 freeze-framed,” one commenter posted. “What a bad idea.”

“They’re either sick or ignorant,” another said of the architects. “This design is offensive.”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPv7G20FELs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hey applehead!!
yes i seen n read this the other day..loss for words..
huggs n love n faith to you
suzz
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Wow. They look the same really. suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interesting architecture. Hope they don't stop building them just because some people in another country don't like the design.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Weird. It does resemble 9/11  :?
But I kinda like this building, unusual structure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WTF??... this obviously resembles the 9/11 attacks. I don't like it. :|
Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:02:23 PM by MJFAN7
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Tink

The WTC towers were hit at different heights.

These two new towers, are connected at floors 27, with LIFE! Trees, growing things. Does anyone see flames flying out of it!? I sure don't. I see an architectural genius at work, doing his job with 45 floors. It's called a "Sky Bridge," and a beautiful one at that.

I don't see them at the same height as the WTC, do you? I don't see planes slamming into it.

This is where I have to say: Let it go.

If you're so concerned, pay attention to the Malaysian Twin Towers. They've been on the terrorist hit list, even since 9/11.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Gee, they also have a "sky bridge" and no one's every complained about it and the WTC similarities!
Peculiarly, the masts made them taller than the WTC - not the actual floors in height.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal