finfinTopic starter

Jackson mom eyes MJ impersonators
December 25, 2011, 10:29:08 AM

Jackson mom eyes MJ impersonators

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson's "The Immortal" World Tour lacks the star himself, and there's speculation that a search for an impersonator is going on

Posted: Dec. 25, 2011 | 2:03 a.m.
Was Katherine Jackson on a scouting mission to check out a Michael Jackson tribute artist for business reasons, or was it a case of a mother missing her son?

The matriarch of the Jackson family attended the "Legends in Concert" show Friday night at Harrah's Las Vegas, prompting speculation that she might be taking part in a talent search for a family venture.

"Legends" has long featured the top Jackson tribute artists.

Could the Jackson family and Cirque du Soleil be considering the addition of an MJ impersonator to bolster the lineup of "The Immortal" World Tour? The show returns to the road after its three-week run at Mandalay Bay ends Tuesday.

Asked whether that scenario might be in the works, Maxime Charbonneau, publicist for "The Immortal," said Katharine Jackson's presence at "Legends in Concert" was "nothing related to 'The Immortal' " and she declined to comment on Jackson's personal activities.

Cirque's resident version of "The Immortal" is scheduled to open at Mandalay Bay in early 2013.

Cirque has steadfastly resisted having impersonators in lead roles in The Beatles' show "Love," which opened in 2006 at The Mirage, and "Viva Elvis," which is closing soon at Aria at CityCenter after less than two years.

Website for Legends in Concert You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

anewfan

Re: Jackson mom eyes MJ impersonators
December 25, 2011, 11:07:13 AM
Thank you for sharing! I have to admit. I was SO hoping there would be an "impersonator" at the Cirque show who was really MJ in disguise....but all we got was a big chubby young MJ as part of the Jackson 5 routine. Which, for me, was somewhat odd.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

December 25, 2011, 12:31:09 PM
I haven't seen the concert yet and not watching videos, my ticket is for January at Staples, but I can say that I don't expect and want, and think it is good idea have impersonator on the stage.
I expect Cirque artists to dance and see REAL MICHAEL performing on the big and multiple small screens all over the concert hall. I don't want ANY FAKE Michael on the stage; it makes me sick when someone tries "to be" Michael Jackson. THERE IS NO ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON MOTHER KATHERINE.
I rather watch real MJ videos than fake MJ. NO F....G WAY!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Andrea

December 25, 2011, 01:14:32 PM
Thank you for sharing! I have to admit. I was SO hoping there would be an "impersonator" at the Cirque show who was really MJ in disguise....but all we got was a big chubby young MJ as part of the Jackson 5 routine. Which, for me, was somewhat odd.

Fat MJ was hilarious!  My friend leaned over and said "I don't remember Michael going through a fat phase." :lol:

I was hoping for an impersonator as well but regardless the show was amazing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

December 25, 2011, 05:41:01 PM
impersonator :-\........ 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

December 25, 2011, 07:06:29 PM
I haven't seen the concert yet and not watching videos, my ticket is for January at Staples, but I can say that I don't expect and want, and think it is good idea have impersonator on the stage.
I expect Cirque artists to dance and see REAL MICHAEL performing on the big and multiple small screens all over the concert hall. I don't want ANY FAKE Michael on the stage; it makes me sick when someone tries "to be" Michael Jackson. THERE IS NO ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON MOTHER KATHERINE.
/bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 25, 2011, 10:35:07 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us. I agree with you. I will be seeing the show next weekend and the thought of having an impersonator is a turn off for me too. It cheapens the experience as it feels more like seeing a show performed by the impersonator instead of going to see the show about Michael. I'd rather watch Michael on the screen the way they have it too. Nobody can fill in for Michael so until he comes back I'd rather the stage be empty of "Michael".

Interesting about the young fat Michael. I'll have to see if they have the same person playing that part at our show.

I'm still amazed that Mother Katherine and Joe both are able to get around like they do. When I travel it wears me out for days. I think they are amazing people but I get confused by these reports. Is she protecting Michael's legacy? I'm not sure how impersonators do that. What I can see happening is that Michael is rewarding those that have chosen to portray him by giving them exposure at the Legends in Concert.

Blessings

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

suspicious mind

December 25, 2011, 10:55:53 PM
having some trouble seeing why katherine would be involved in any of those kind of aspects of the show. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

anewfan

December 25, 2011, 11:55:21 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us. I agree with you. I will be seeing the show next weekend and the thought of having an impersonator is a turn off for me too. It cheapens the experience as it feels more like seeing a show performed by the impersonator instead of going to see the show about Michael. I'd rather watch Michael on the screen the way they have it too. Nobody can fill in for Michael so until he comes back I'd rather the stage be empty of "Michael".

Interesting about the young fat Michael. I'll have to see if they have the same person playing that part at our show.

I'm still amazed that Mother Katherine and Joe both are able to get around like they do. When I travel it wears me out for days. I think they are amazing people but I get confused by these reports. Is she protecting Michael's legacy? I'm not sure how impersonators do that. What I can see happening is that Michael is rewarding those that have chosen to portray him by giving them exposure at the Legends in Concert.

Blessings

I'm so happy that you are going, Voice! Enjoy the show!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
December 26, 2011, 03:12:59 AM
Maybe the clue here is about the show, rather than Katherine actually going to it....if you check out the promo video, it kind of fits in with the whole theme of the hoax.......

I also checked the 23rd Dec..show performers...as each show has different performances....

This particular night had....Whoopi, Toby Keith, Michael Jackson, Carrie Underwood and Elvis Presley !!

The promo video has captions like...
..SIT BACK
                                                           KEEP YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN
                                                           SEEING IS BELIEVING
                                                           THERE ARE ONLY A FEW LEGENDS.....AND THEY HIGHLIGHT ELVIS PRESLEY MICHAEL JACKSON AND THE BEETLES....THE WHOLE PROMO VIDEO IS WITH MJ'S 'WANNA BE STARTING SOMETHING'......
Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:14:41 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions