Re: Stripping the lyrics
August 27, 2010, 12:49:01 PM
this is interesting. i think we all  talked about the darkest hour as being 3:00 am

She told my baby
We danced till three
And she looked at me
Then showed a photo
My baby cried
His eyes were like mine
Can we dance on the floor, in the round, babe
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Glinda

August 29, 2010, 08:40:29 AM
Quote from: "a18wheelslady"
this is interesting. i think we all  talked about the darkest hour as being 3:00 am

She told my baby
We danced till three
And she looked at me
Then showed a photo
My baby cried
His eyes were like mine
Can we dance on the floor, in the round, babe

Mwah i disagree. He was singing about jealous chicks and one of them claimed having a kid from him. People are claiming everything when they are jealous or scared. Evil thoughts can pop-up.
3 am is the moment symbolising the hour of fear, the darkest thoughts running trough your mind. Look what Eminem wrote when he was in his darkest hour.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Eminem and Michael have more in common than we might think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 08, 2010, 05:43:36 AM
I agree with "Its her".  The message is BEAT IT, literally.  In interpreting MJ's songs, I think we should first look at what he said about them (in those cases where he actually said something)... Here's what Michael said about "Beat It" in his book "Moonwalk":

"<Beat It> was written with school kids in mind. [...] The lyrics of <Beat It> express something I would do if I were in trouble.  Its message - that we should abhor violence - is something I believe deeply.  It tells kids to be smart and avoid trouble.  I don't mean to say you should turn the other cheek while someone kicks in your teeth, but, unless your back is against the wall and you have absolutely no choice, just get away before violence breaks out. If you fight and get killed, you've gained nothing and lost everything.  You're the loser, and so are the people who love you.  That's what <Beat It> is supposed to get across.  To me true bravery is settling differences without a fight and having the wisdom to make that solution possible."

The video for "Beat It" used real gangs; here are MJ's words again:
"I had street gangs on my mind when I wrote <Beat It>, so we rounded up some of the toughest gangs in Los Angeles and put them to work on the video.  It turned out to be a good idea, and a great experience for me.  We had some rough kids on that set, tough kids, and they hadn't been to wardrobe.  Those guys in the pool room in the first scene were serious; they were not actors.  That stuff was real. [...] I've always wondered if they got the same message from the song that I did."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Billie Jean and the hoax revisited?
January 15, 2011, 02:16:57 PM
The Magic escapism video creation got me looking at the Billy Jean video again, what a masterpiece. I tried to find a thread discussing Billy Jean but couldn't find one specifically, except it most probably was discussed way back in the hoax discussion. I know many of you are so much more acquainted with the nuances and details so I'm thinking you could put in your more knowledgable thoughts. Thanks!
[youtube:2hhb8ty8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y[/youtube:2hhb8ty8]

Music video
Jackson landing on his toes and illuminating a tile in the music video for "Billie Jean".The short film for Jackson's "Billie Jean" is considered the video that brought MTV, a fairly new and unknown music channel, into mainstream attention. It was one of the first videos by a black artist to be aired regularly by the channel, as the network's executives felt black music wasn't "rock" enough.[29] Inspired in part by the film Somebody Up There Likes Me, and directed by Steve Barron, the video shows a photographer who follows Jackson. The paparazzo never catches the singer, and when photographed Jackson fails to materialise on the developed picture. The entertainer dances his way to Billie Jean's hotel room and as he walks along a sidewalk, each tile lights up at his touch.[29][30] After he performs a quick spin, Jackson jumps and lands, freeze framed, on his toes. Upon arrival at the hotel, Jackson climbs the staircase to Billie Jean's room. Each step lights up as he touches it and a burnt out "Hotel" sign illuminates as he passes. The paparazzo then arrives at the scene and watches as Jackson disappears under the covers of Billie Jean's bed. Trailed by the police, the paparazzo is then arrested for spying on Billie Jean.[29] Jackson sported a new look for the video; Jheri curled hair. Jackson's clothes, a black leather suit with a pink shirt and red bow tie, were copied by children around the US.[29] Imitation became so severe that, despite pupil protests, Bound Brook High School in New Jersey banned students from wearing a single white glove like Jackson had on during the performance of "Billie Jean" at Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever.[31][32][33]
Billy Jean was released as a single on Jan. 2, 1983, a month later than Thriller on Dec. 1, 1982. It's fame contributed to increasing the fame of Thriller. Quincy Jones fought with MJ on content of BJ, but MJ insisted in his usual stubborn way, and good thing. :lol:  :D  What drew me there of course is the bedroom scene, which connects to the TII bed of Dirty Diana, the Illusion that MJ told KO on June 24,09 that they were going to do the next day, where the woman arial dancer would tie MJ (but a standin or double!!!)to the bed, and then MJ would appear elsewhere in the cherry picker as magic. So here's some of my observations.

-At the beginning and the end the billboard shows a guy that looks like Kojak, remember the Jak Ko hoax pic?
-It appears to be only an illusion that MJ climbs into the bed with the shape of BJ, because his shape just vanishes, drawing the comparison to the current MJ dying in bed but all evidence and pics seem to disappear in their inconsistencies and ridiculousness of the preliminaries and trial.
-The name of the billboard with supposedly BJ says rather Louisa, who is that? Lisa, with O and U out?
-Paparozzi think they have MJ photographed and revealed but it's all just illusions that disappear.
-Everything MJ touches turns to light, alive, magic. Everything becomes part of the hoax, movies, music, etc.
-There is garbage blowing everywhere. Garbage cans everywhere in the hoax.
-The throwing of the coin, also in his songs SIM, and SC. Here showing again MJ's compassion for the poor and wanting to help heal and transform the world with his love and magic.
-MJ can morph and change at will to invisible, to a tiger, in the hoax to disguise as other characters.
-Police are involved, arresting the pap, but maybe protecting MJ? Are the authorities helping in the hoax?
-Ads in the billboard come to life showing BJ (or Louisa) and the bedroom near the end, before reverting back to Kojak. In the hoax we have certainly noticed advertizing and movies seeming to be directed behind the scene by MJ.
-He and the Pap are on a long road (not yellow brick road) but is it the road of life. MJ's been planning this hoax then for 27 years, if BJ is showing us hoax details planned ahead of time, just as Thriller did a month earlier with obvious connections to the MJ Thriller 2, and TII.
-The old lady in the window could represent the public or media who are horrified at MJ and the pap and call the police. Today are the public/media just gullibly seeing everything without understanding.
-MJ shushes the old lady/the public/media, hoax media control perhaps.
-MJ watches, observes quietly everything happening with the pap. In this hoax MJ appears to be involved perhaps as TS, TMZ, media such as Oprah, TR, TP, etc. We think he has been visiting this site although we can never tell for sure as who, because of the existence of so many tricksters and trolls. They make an ideal cover for him.
-There could be an MJ double that is the one climbing into the bed of BJ, because he looks like MJ but is dressed into different colored clothes and the face is blurry and shown too quickly to see clearly (illusion). In this hoax we know doubles or impersonators have played their part, the actual extent of course is very controversial.

Well that's all that jumped out at me. Sorry that's the best I could do. But I know there is much more. I have to go to work now, but I might add to this. Thanks for reading. :)  How that boy intrigues me, without end, more each day! :shock:  :D  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ Prestige (1/27/11)
January 16, 2011, 03:47:43 PM
[youtube:3f3phx73]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqEoxxWxh8[/youtube:3f3phx73]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Re: MJ Prestige (1/27/11)
January 16, 2011, 05:30:24 PM
Michael said there is truth Billie Jean. One thing I do not understand about 1/27/11?
at a point he says that the baby has his eyes. Can it be he is talking about Omar Bhatti?
Just speculating.

here are the lyrics

"Billie Jean"

[1st Verse]
She Was More Like A Beauty Queen From A Movie Scene
I Said Don't Mind, But What Do You Mean I Am The One
Who Will Dance On The Floor In The Round
She Said I Am The One Who Will Dance On The Floor In The Round

[2nd Verse]
She Told Me Her Name Was Billie Jean, As She Caused A Scene
Then Every Head Turned With Eyes That Dreamed Of Being The One

[Bridge]
People Always Told Me Be Careful Of What You Do
And Don't Go Around Breaking Young Girls' Hearts
And Mother Always Told Me Be Careful Of Who You Love
And Be Careful Of What You Do 'Cause The Lie Becomes The Truth

[Chorus]
Billie Jean Is Not My Lover
She's Just A Girl Who Claims That I Am The One
But The Kid Is Not My Son
She Says I Am The One, But The Kid Is Not My Son

[3rd Verse]
For Forty Days And Forty Nights
The Law was on her Side
But Who Can Stand When She's In Demand
Her Schemes And Plans
'Cause We Danced On The Floor In The Round
So Take My Strong Advice, Just Remember To Always Think Twice
Do think Twice

[4th Verse]
She Told My Baby We'd Danced 'Till Three
Then She Looked At Me
She Showed A Photo Of A Baby Crying
His Eyes Looked Like Mine
Go On Dance On The Floor In The Round, Baby

[Bridge]
People Always Told Me Be Careful Of What You Do
And Don't Go Around Breaking Young Girls' Hearts
She Came And Stood Right By Me
Then The Smell Of Sweet Perfume
This Happened Much Too Soon
She Called Me To Her Room

[Chorus]
She Says I Am The One, She Says He Is My Son
She Says I Am The One
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

January 16, 2011, 05:44:44 PM
When I read the lyrics of BJ again, I thought of something else. I do not think the kid he sings about is his son. He says it's not his son, so I really think that it's not. Nowhere in the song we get to know how old the picture was that was shown, so who says the baby is still a baby? Maybe the baby on the picture has his eyes simply because they are related, or because they look alike. A brother or a doppelganger. Everyone has one, so they say, so why not MJ?

The lyrics also makes me think that the guy who is shown the picture is NOT MJ.

She Was More Like A Beauty Queen From A Movie Scene
Mike was used to people around him looking like beauty queens from a young age already, so why from a movie scene?

I Said Don't Mind, But What Do You Mean I Am The One
She Said I Am The One Who Will Dance On The Floor In The Round
He already did, so that makes no sense either.

So who did Billie Jean show the picture to? Not MJ in my opinion. Billie Jean is one of my favorites, but I have always had a hard time understanding the lyrics. Now it seems like it's about someone who was tricked into doing something he regrets later. This really is a hard one and if anything, i hope we will once hear the true meaning of the song from the horse's mouth.[/color]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

January 16, 2011, 05:49:29 PM
This verses
Then She Looked At Me

I understood as Billie Jean is not his lover because Billie Jean is his mother, the baby is not his son because the baby is himself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~Topic starter

January 16, 2011, 05:51:49 PM
Quote from: "Gema"
This verses
Then She Looked At Me

I understood as Billie Jean is not his lover because Billie Jean is his mother, the baby is not his son because the baby is himself.
More reason to believe the guy is not MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

January 16, 2011, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
This verses
Then She Looked At Me

More reason to believe the guy is not MJ.

I see it in another way.

Joe may be having a baby with a woman outside his marriage, that woman approaching Michael telling him "I am the mother of your half brother", the kid is not your son, is your brother and looks just like you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

January 16, 2011, 06:00:09 PM
Should we look at the background of the song?

--reason
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

MissG

January 16, 2011, 06:04:48 PM
Obviously, we are analyzing the lyrics from another perspective beyond of what producers or Michael wanted to tell us.

And Mother Always Told Me Be Careful Of Who You Love
And Be Careful Of What You Do 'Cause The Lie Becomes The Truth

Mother saying "Be careful who you love", as an advice to her son of who to love, cause may be she loved someone who turned to be unfaitful.

Careful of what you do, cause the lie becomes the truth: When infidelity happens in a relation, usually denial is a big sign "It never happened"...that lie, becomes the truth as soon as the fruit of the infidelity shows up....the baby....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissG

January 16, 2011, 06:11:20 PM
Jackson biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli promoted the theory that "Billie Jean" was derived from a real life experience the singer faced in 1981. The Magic & The Madness documents how a young woman wrote Jackson a letter, which informed the singer that he was the father of one of her twins.
:shock: , one, just one? how come?

To his mother's dismay, Jackson had the photograph of the woman framed and hung above the dining room table of their family home. Afterward, the Jacksons discovered that the female fan had been sent to a psychiatric hospital.[5]
:shock:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

~Souza~Topic starter

January 16, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
Jackson biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli promoted the theory that "Billie Jean" was derived from a real life experience the singer faced in 1981. The Magic & The Madness documents how a young woman wrote Jackson a letter, which informed the singer that he was the father of one of her twins.
:shock: , one, just one? how come?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You know, as crazy as it may seem, after 19 months in MJ-land I DO believe he received a letter like that, and not JUST ONE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

January 16, 2011, 06:39:50 PM
Following the letters, Jackson received a parcel containing a photograph of the fan, as well as a letter and a gun. Jackson was horrified—the letter asked that the pop singer kill himself on a certain day and at a specific time. The fan would do the same once she had killed their baby. She wrote that if they could not be together in this life, then they would be in the next.

Why would he put her picture on the wall of the dinning room if he says he is not the father of the child(TWIN). How can he be the father of one of her twin?? My cousin has twins and those twins have only one father not 2.. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson