LoveShyMichaelTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
Has anyone seen that new show by Tyler Perry. For Better or Worse? I always watched Tyler Perry Shows...Like House of Payne, Meet the Browns....which almost every episode has a MJ dance move. But this show actually has character of 12 year old boy.... named MJ. And episode 4, I watched this morning on TBS DEMAND. The episode was little disurbing because the MJ was in bed with his step father, and the step father rolled over, & thought it was his wife still in bed with him. Realized it was MJ, & made comments like "why are u in bed with us"? your too old, you 12 years old MJ you don't belong to be sleeping in our bed, your too old for that. The mother said " oh he had a bad dream, he's my baby", step father was like .."MJ your too old to be in bed with up...it's just WEIRD" he says. I know Tyler Perry always was fond of Janet Jacketson, I would think this would hurt Janet to portray her brother in his new series as a 12 year old boy in bed with his step father. Can anyone make any sense out of this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you for sharing. Without seeing the episode it's hard to get an accurate feel for the intent but it seems a little strange given what you've said. If you find a video that we can watch, please share.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Tyler Perry is a very good friend of janet's, he was also molested many times as a child, so i doubt he is portraying MJ as in Michael Jackson. if in doubt search utube for videos of tyler and oprah, and janet, tyler and oprah interviews.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Yes, I always thought Janet was in Tyler Perry's "family". I will try to find that episode and put in on here. I was just caught off guard with the episode.. it might be nothing....thanks for the responses..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdMqnPIPsQo[/youtube]

here's the link to that episode. it's right in the beginning....
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:39:24 PM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Thank you for posting this video, honestly i don't think it has anything to do with Michael. I like this program, I have never seen it, this video gave me the urge now.. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

It probably doesn’t have anything to do with our MJ, but it seems a bit in bad taste for him to use those initials.  Surely he could have come up with something else being that he is such a close acquaintance of Janet.  Knowing the stigma of the alleged child moestation history and how this might look to others if it looks questionble to us, it just feels wrong /cook/ .  I don’t like it at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Tyler Perry always brings social issues in the black community to light with humor...
 (it's how he gets his message across to people who otherwise wouldn't debate such things).

I think the bigger issue Perry was trying to address was children who still sleep with their parents and how some parents don't put their "foot down".  There is a need to address the issue of children sleeping in their own bed, and delaying to do so could cause problems further down the road.
(I know this for a fact because my brother is going through this with his 8 year old)

If people who are reading a "molestation" scenario into this, that's just the frame of thought you choose to entertain.

If Perry had used any other initials, say RJ or CJ would we even be having this conversation?  I doubt it.

People really need to break free of assumptive thinking.

It's along the lines of thinking like "a boy who plays with dolls will grow up to be gay"....or maybe he'll just grow up to be a very nurturing and caring type of man.

But that's neither here nor there...

True, Tyler Perry was a victim of molestation.  He has been bravely candid about it to bring awareness to the problem, so that others would not fear stepping forward (men in particular) and seeking help.

There is no need to produce shows that make "innuendos" about MJ and molestation.  It's simply not productive in solving problems with society which conflicts with Perrys message.

With so many projects that Tyler Perry has going at any one time, I honestly believe it is just an oversight.

Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:12:46 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Nobody can convince me that Tyler just pulled MJ out of the air.  He is very aware of what he does and everything has a pre-conceived meaning behind it.  Poor taste plain and simple. He should have used something else. bangbang
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Speaking as someone who is not a fan of Tyler Perry, I think there was probably some innuendo behind it. I've gotten the feeling from Tyler that he isn't exactly Michael's biggest supporter, although he hasn't come out and said anything negative (that I've seen). But because he was molested as a child I think he is extremely vigilant when it comes to that subject, so that is at least in part, the reason he doesn't ever speak fondly of Michael. Because in his opinion in the off chance that Michael could be guilty of molestation he's cautious about coming across as a supporter. I get that the episode isn't about child molestation, but the way you explained it, it's almost like he was putting it out there as hidden little thing. Like saying "it's not NORMAL for kids to sleep in the bed with an adult" without actually saying it has anything to do with Michael Jackson. Ya know? I dunno if I'm making sense. And again this is just my opinion, so who knows!

Oh and to me, being close to Janet does not equal the requirement of liking Michael.

My 2 cents. :) 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I totally agree with all you guys & gals. Tyler Perry is a very smart clever man.........I'm sure full aware......the character...........MJ.......was going to be associated with Michael Jackson. I don't any other person in the history of the my 46 years on this land we call "Amercia"..that's another whole subject...lol... that has the initials MJ, besides Michael Jackson, let alone to add that to his TV series. Anyone who watches that espisode, will associate it with Michael Jackson. I do believe it's in poor taste, but the series is new, so I will continue to watch it & see what other associations MJ has with show. I don't recall any of the episodes so far actually say was MJ stands for on the show. I'll be watching to see any other messages Tyler Perry is trying to convey to his audience. Thanks for your responses. Its good to have other opinions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I agree, Littlej that it does not necessarily equate to that, but it at least should be reason enough to have a little consideration and use some better judgements if only for the sake of his friendship with her.  He doesn’t have to like Michael to do that.  Being that he is in cahoots with Oprah Winfrey, I would seriously doubt he has any love for Michael.  Still, he has a relationship with Janet and Janet loves her brother regardless of what anyone thinks about him in the deep recesses of their minds.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

"being that he is in cahoots with Oprah Winfrey" was my very first thought when I saw this thread.  Tyler Perry may be using the hidden little thing to get his point across, very much like Oprah does.  grrr.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

Maybe we should ask Janet about that on her Facebook or Twitter?? Just a decent polite letter she wouldn't be able to ignore?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe we should ask Janet about that on her Facebook or Twitter?? Just a decent polite letter she wouldn't be able to ignore?
great idea @verylittlesusie..i dont do twitter or facebook. so please yes ask..curious to what her response is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal