all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

The Doctor’s a scapegoat
December 03, 2011, 05:52:18 PM
Earlier this week Michael Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, was sentenced to four years in prison after a jury found him guilty of his death. But forget the jury’s verdict for a moment. Unfortunately they were only able to deliberate on the facts relating to Jackson’s overdose case and Dr Murray. So let’s look at history.

People in showbusiness are not like you and me. They often lead precarious and reckless lives. Drug and alcohol abuse form a huge part of their recreational activities. In recent years there have been a whole spate of show business people who have been cited by the law or who have died from some form of substance abuse.

Just off the top of my head, I can name Heath Ledger, Elvis Presley, River Phoenix, Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe. Of course, if they haven’t died, they’ve been stopped by police for driving under the influence of alcohol – Mel Gibson, Nick Nolte, Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton and Kiefer Sutherland. Obviously there is something about the lives they lead that forces them to behave the way they do. And Michael Jackson was no different.

The question is: did Michael Jackson really die in June 2009? Or was he dead long before that? The way Michael Jackson’s life went, all roads led to Rome. There were so many adversities in his life that sooner or later he was bound to fall into a deep, dark well.  But he wasn’t the only one battling adversities; many people, both famous and ordinary, have problems in their lives.

A few fall into a deep depression whilst others deal with it through therapy or by moving on. Of the many celebrities who have had personal problems, few resort to drugs and alcohol to deal with them. Take a look at Martha Stewart – after her incarceration, she’s bounced back; it’s as if nothing ever happened. But then again perhaps Michael Jackson was different after all.

Of all the entertainers in the world the media abused him the most. For years they plastered his face across our television screens and on the front pages of our newspapers. He has had countless surgical procedures to change the way he looked because he obviously didn’t think he was good enough. Every time he had one of his surgeries, the media would post before and after pictures of him. Even his colour changed.

The media often speculated whether he underwent some sort of procedure to make him white or was he suffering from vitiligo? They then questioned his marriage to Elvis’ daughter, Lisa-Marie. Was it real or a publicity stunt? The marriage was bizarre to say the least.

This followed his bizarre marriage to Debbie Rowe and the children who don’t look like they share a single molecule of his DNA; who names a child ‘Blanket’? And why would the mother not appear in the lives of her kids, even after his death?

Then the worst time of his life was when he was tried in 2005 for alleged inappropriate behaviour with children. Was it true or was the family of the child involved trying to prise money out of the singer?

This was the media involvement. The more perplexing puzzle is, where was the family when he was addicted? Where was the family when he was being raked over the coals in 2005? Where was the family when he spent years undergoing plastic surgery that wasn’t helping him but making him look worse?

With so many relatives alive and living in the same country, he was a very lonely figure who sought companionship in inappropriate people who were only interested in what he could give them.

This illusive family now appears to be trying to cash in on his death with celebrity appearances, interviews with Oprah, hosting shows and demanding 100 million dollars in damages.

Dr Conrad was a victim of his greed and Jackson’s celebrity. It baffles me that with so many culprits behind Jackson’s ultimate demise they have finally managed to find a scapegoat. Four years seems somewhat harsh when so many people have been released on much bigger charges. OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony both got off scot-free even though suspicion still surrounds the death of their ‘victims.’ Shame on the Jacksons. Shame on the media.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Re: The Doctor’s a scapegoat
December 03, 2011, 05:56:01 PM
OMG! Even this journalist is saying the Cm is a scapegoat, something is off. The only thing he said that made my heart skip a beat, is when he said did Michael Jackson really die in June 2009? Or was he dead long before that? when he said was he dead long before that, my heart came back down.. I thought he felt it was a hoax.. Anyways good article, at least he knows something was not kosher at the trial..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal