~Souza~Topic starter

CONRAD MURRAY Appeals Manslaughter Conviction
December 02, 2011, 07:06:29 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
12/2/2011 3:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray has just filed an appeal, challenging his conviction for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson ... TMZ has learned.

Murray filed the document in pro per -- which means he's representing himself instead of using a lawyer.

On the portion of the document where a lawyer will usually state his or her firm's contact information -- Murray lists "Men's Central Jail" ... and includes his booking number.

While he is representing himself, Murray is still communicating with one of the lawyers who repped him in the manslaughter trial, Nareg Gourjian.

UPDATE:

Gourjian tells TMZ ... "This case presents a gold mine of issues for any appellate lawyer.  Dr. Murray is confident that the Court of Appeal will vindicate him."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: CONRAD MURRAY Appeals Manslaughter Conviction
December 02, 2011, 07:17:03 PM
well now that is interesting....  esp has he will be self representing.

dont loose hope people....

there may be yet another twist!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

December 02, 2011, 07:26:52 PM
Hmmmmm representing himself is very interesting indeed....maybe his proof of innocence is Michael himself  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
December 02, 2011, 07:34:15 PM
This is what I was thinking... An appeal by Murray and then we have another trial and this time Murray proves he's innocence by proving MJ is alive. The reason why I thought this was because remember TS said we need something that can STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW...so are we the ones helping Murray with his case, since it says that he is representing himself...level 7 is probably the end (why's and how's of the hoax) then Murray might uses the theories we have come up with to defend himself and maybe that's the BAM.

But it's very interesting how this appeal goes, if it's granted (which it possibly might be since there is enough to have an appeal) or if it's not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

Ariel

December 02, 2011, 07:42:32 PM
He has the right to appeal. What the attorney says is interesting.

Gourjian tells TMZ ... "This case presents a gold mine of issues for any appellate lawyer.  Dr. Murray is confident that the Court of Appeal will vindicate him."

Is it because it is very easy to prove Murray is innocent? If Michael is dead it would be huge unjustice to have Murray innocent.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2011, 07:44:49 PM
This is what I was thinking... An appeal by Murray and then we have another trial and this time Murray proves he's innocence by proving MJ is alive. The reason why I thought this was because remember TS said we need something that can STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW...so are we the ones helping Murray with his case, since it says that he is representing himself...level 7 is probably the end (why's and how's of the hoax) then Murray might uses the theories we have come up with to defend himself and maybe that's the BAM.

But it's very interesting how this appeal goes, if it's granted (which it possibly might be since there is enough to have an appeal) or if it's not.

@illusion. you could be right. in support of your theory i guess, i will add the comment from TS (not verbaitm) that bam may happen in 2011, if not then 2012, but no later than 01.01.13, otherwise TS is a fraud. obviously no one can accurately determine end of appeal date, as it is a variable. the fact that courtdates are variables, may match TS's inability to say what exact year bam will be in as per his previous posts.

who knows. we'll wait and see... (not like we have any other option  :lol: )

Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:46:43 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

paula-c

December 02, 2011, 08:02:38 PM
I knew that this is still not conclude typing/ /judge/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 02, 2011, 08:05:21 PM
Very interesting news indeed,and yet another clue.I am excited to hear that he will represent himself.I wonder how soon this appeal will take place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

all4loveandbelieve

December 02, 2011, 08:29:37 PM
I had a feeling he would have appealed, but did not think he would represent himself. Wow! from a doctor to a lawyer  lolol/ I am being silly now.. I do suspect that something really big will happen. This appeal will prove once and for all that Michael is alive.

@use_your_illusion you make alot of sense, I thought the same thing, but you beat me to the punch line  lolol/ I think TS has something up his sleeves..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
December 02, 2011, 08:45:45 PM
The story is still developing. Murray's going to the prison was not a dot but a comma.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Galaxy

December 02, 2011, 10:04:39 PM
The ending to this journey will come with the appeal trial. Murray will be vindicated after serving his sentence by showing via the surveillance tape, that he did not hurt Michael. The world will see that even though the prosecution put on a much better case than the crappy defense team, that an innocent man went to jail even though he looked guilty. The discussions and changes that will ensue after that will be big, and hopefully wake people up to stop believing everything they hear from the media about a person, and hopefully it will halt the media on trying individuals in the court of public opinion.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBDnaf_9mYc[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saving The Universe One A**hole At A Time.

December 03, 2011, 12:44:10 AM
The ending to this journey will come with the appeal trial. Murray will be vindicated after serving his sentence by showing via the surveillance tape, that he did not hurt Michael. The world will see that even though the prosecution put on a much better case than the crappy defense team, that an innocent man went to jail even though he looked guilty. The discussions and changes that will ensue after that will be big, and hopefully wake people up to stop believing everything they hear from the media about a person, and hopefully it will halt the media on trying individuals in the court of public opinion.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBDnaf_9mYc[/youtube]

There is no 'appeal trial' forthcoming.  And, Murray wouldn't be able to "prove" he is innocent by producing a live body.  The appeals court deals ONLY with rulings of law during the trial, and not whether the evidence was credible or valid.  And in MOST cases is there is NO oral argument. In fact, sometimes the higher court dismisses the appeal without even explaining in detail (it's called "per curiam" or "per curiam affirmed" in some cases). The parties file what are called "briefs" with case law cites that claim that the JUDGE was wrong in allowing or disallowing certain testimony or evidence--not whether it was valid or not.  IF the Court decides that the Judge made legal mistakes then there could be a whole new trial or a partial trial back in the lower court--but NO NEW EVIDENCE WOULD BE ALLOWED.

All this appeal shows me--as a lawyer and having been involved with law for over 25 years--is that it's keeping the story alive in the media.  This is probably more important than proving MJ is alive through the courts :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2011, 12:48:39 AM
Also want to mention that there can't be appeal if it's not a REAL case  penguin/

Anyone who believes that the case was all just a movie or show being scripted can't now go with the theory that he's going to have a REAL appeal and provide a live person as his proof  beerchug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2011, 01:09:43 AM
12/2/2011 3:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE:

Very much possible because of many inconsistencies in the case and in testimonies, as well as insufficient investigation of facts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

MJonmind

December 03, 2011, 03:15:22 AM
Also want to mention that there can't be appeal if it's not a REAL case  penguin/

Anyone who believes that the case was all just a movie or show being scripted can't now go with the theory that he's going to have a REAL appeal and provide a live person as his proof  beerchug
Are you saying that from your professional experience, that everything that went on in the trial and giving of the verdict was within range of the acceptable or possible?
Did we make too big a deal about the things we thought proved it was a hoax court?  (Well, obviously the toy animals were hoaxy but...all the other things we've talked about on the forum.) Thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions