No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Here is also an interview with defence attorney Nareg Gourjian and Dr. Alon Stienberg

Link; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is the article;

Dr. Drew questions judge's 'sermon' during Murray sentencing

The final chapter in Michael Jackson`s death was written Tuesday as Dr. Conrad Murray was sentenced to four years in prison by what appeared to be a very angry judge.
“People are depending upon Dr. Murray to be candid with them, regarding Mr. Jackson`s medical condition," Judge Michael Pastor said at Murray’s sentencing. "Dr. Murray is lying. He`s lying to the AEG people. He`s lying to Mr. Ortega. He`s lying to the insurance carrier, and anybody else he can, and he`s engaged in personal matters while he should be paying attention to his patient.”
“I understand he (Judge Pastor) is supposed to apply the law from the bench, [but I’m] not sure I want to hear a sermon from the bench," Dr. Drew said on his HLN show Tuesday night. "I mean, really – do I want to hear from a judge about the doctor/patient relationship and good medical practice? Is a criminal judge going to talk about that?"
Drew asked his guest Dr. Alon Steinberg, a cardiologist and prosecution witness, how he felt about the judge being so "vehement and preachy."
“It bothered me some, but, a lot of stuff was, unfortunately, true," Dr. Steinberg responded. "He was, you know, very flagrant in all the mistakes he made, and he wanted to set an example to Conrad Murray.”
Dr. Drew further questioned Steinberg. ”Setting an example doesn`t bother you at all?" Drew asked. “Doesn`t it send a little bit of a chill down your spine. I`ll take that judge down to some pill mills down in Florida and show lots of medicine being practiced like that and people who feel very justified in practicing that kind of medicine.”
Dr. Steinberg said that he understood Dr. Drew’s point, but it shouldn’t be justified.
“We need to be on notice as physicians,” Steinberg said. “We need to practice within the standard of care and try and help our patients to the very least.”
Drew told Steinberg that every time he sees a doctor getting into trouble is when he doesn`t have proper training on addiction and gets involved with a drug addict, without knowing it. “They get into that dance and they get sucked into the vortex,” he said.
Drew went on to say that he does have sympathy for Murray, but also noted what he didn’t like hearing during the trial.
"What I don`t like is blaming the victim – number one," Drew said. "I don`t think it`s OK to say this. This was awful. Let`s face it – but he got sucked in way over his head, and other doctors are doing the same, and we have an obligation as a medical professional to look at that issue – is my point.”
Later, Dr. Drew asked guest Nareg Gourjian, one of Murray’s defense attorneys, if he was coaching Murray to not show feelings of guilt or remorse.
“Well, I didn`t have to coach him," Gourjian said. "Dr. Murray has been adamant from the very beginning as to what occurred on June 25th, and he`s always said he`s loved Mr. Jackson, and he would never do anything that would hurt Mr. Jackson.”
“Not intentionally,” Dr. Drew added.
“Right,” Gourjian replied. “But as far as getting out there and apologizing or accepting responsibility like the judge would have liked, he was adamant that he was not going to do that.”
Dr. Steinberg also noted, “we should absolutely accept our mistakes. There`s clear errors that he (Murray) made, and he has to realize it that he got himself in trouble.”
“That`s the arrogance again,” Dr. Drew responded.
Later, Dr. Drew stated that there was one big message he wanted to share with his peers.
“Don`t go it alone,” he said. “Consult with your peers – always collaborate. Medicine is so complicated these days … You (Murray) made a great example of this issue of doctors being the ‘friend.’ Boy, when there are mental health issues, you are not the friend.”
Steinberg added that the judge was making an example of Dr. Murray. "We all need to practice within the standard of care in good medicine," he said. "And, I think that, in general, it looks bad on doctors, at least today, but we`re put on notice.”

Here is a link to the interview of one of Murray's patients, Ruby (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

HOUSTON—About a half dozen of Dr. Conrad Murray’s patients gathered at Houston's Antioch Missionary Baptist Church to watch Tuesday’s sentencing.
A Los Angeles judge gave Murray the maximum four-year sentence after calling him a "disgrace to the medical profession."
Earlier this month, jurors convicted Murray of involuntary manslaughter for his role in the death of pop legend Michael Jackson.
Patients from Murray’s Acres Home clinic thought the judge’s sentence was too harsh.
"They are going to try and bring Dr. Murray down as low as they can and I will never turn my back on him. If he walks back here today, he will still be my doctor," said Ruby Moseley who testified during his trial.
Murray’s pastor, Rev. F.N. Williams, who is also his patient, said he wasn’t surprised by the sentence because he considers Murray a scapegoat.
"Los Angeles has to have a show. They lost O.J. Simpson in Los Angeles so here’s their opportunity to get one, so they got one," said Rev. Williams.
Rev. Williams’ son, who is also a pastor at the church, believes the judge’s decision and remarks before the sentencing were racially motivated.
"I doubt very seriously if Dr. Murray were of another ethnicity that Judge Pastor would have responded the same way he did," said Rev. F.N. Williams, Jr.
Murray will serve his time in the Los Angeles County Jail. Because of overcrowding, the sheriff said he will likely serve less than half of the four-year sentence.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions