RK

Re: Janet Jackson Launches Fur Fashion Line
December 08, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
Recently, PETA’s Senior Vice President Dan Mathews issued a statement directed specifically towards Janet Jackson. “You and I spoke at length about the fur issue.  You told me you were always aggravated at photo shoots when stylists would try to throw fur on you and that you were even wary of wearing fake fur out of concern that it might actually be real or look real in photos and sent ht wrong message.  You were very straightforward and sensible about it.  What happened?”
I wonder what happened too. The mention of Pammie Anderson brings to my mind  her friendship with Michael...and there is this article where the vice president of PETA recalls a dialogue he has had previously with Janet about wearing fur. I guess I hold a secret hope that this is a set up / sting for the fur industry. Imagine the backlash and media frenzy this could generate if Janet publicly changes her stance on this and exposes this industry for what it is. Maybe it is just a pipe dream.....but you know......how about it Janet? There is still time to make that change...Sure there will be law suits, but there will be free publicity and many new young fans won in the process.  And for what it's worth...my respect once again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
December 08, 2011, 11:16:00 AM
Wow....just wow.

#EPICFAIL

.....and I'm not talking about Janet Jackson either.

Funny how some people on this thread are quick to say "we're not judging" , yet have judgemental commentary up and down this thread.

...and some even claim to be in the "Army of L.O.V.E"  :roll:

Glad to know Michael would be so proud to see these thread posters going after his own sister with hanging ropes and torches!You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

...was it poor judgement on her part? Yes...she's human.

Quit throwing rocks!

Lest I remind you, some of you sound like the media did the day after Michael dangled Blanket from the hotel balcony...and determined he was an unfit father and didn't deserve his kids.

...again, was it poor judgement? Yes... but he's human

You have YOUR BELIEFS about animal fur, which you are entitled to...but take care to put Janet on blast for YOUR BELIEFS.

It is both unproductive and malicious.

...and if anyone wants to take personal exception with what I'm saying, you can PM me...I'll be waiting! ::)
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:49:18 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
December 08, 2011, 11:54:53 AM
"I bet if it was Aguillera, Madonna or GaGa there would not be these kinds of comments. "

You are right about this. Janet is special because she is Michael's sister. Doesn't sound fair I know, but that's how I feel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 12:11:09 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow....just wow.

#EPICFAIL

.....and I'm not talking about Janet Jackson either.

Funny how some people on this thread are quick to say "we're not judging" , yet have judgemental commentary up and down this thread.

...and some even claim to be in the "Army of L.O.V.E"  :roll:

Glad to know Michael would be so proud to see these thread posters going after his own sister with hanging ropes and torches!You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

...was it poor judgement on her part? Yes...she's human.

Quit throwing rocks!

Lest I remind you, some of you sound like the media did the day after Michael dangled Blanket from the hotel balcony...and determined he was an unfit father and didn't deserve his kids.

...again, was it poor judgement? Yes... but he's human

You have YOUR BELIEFS about animal fur, which you are entitled to...but take care to put Janet on blast for YOUR BELIEFS.

...and if anyone wants to take personal exception with what I'm saying, you can PM me...I'll be waiting! ::)

Don't you think you're overreacting a little? Nobody, nobody in this thread has thrown any rocks at Janet. Some people value the lives of living creatures more than someone's freedom to do whatever the heck they want to at the expense of others - thousands of innocent animals in this case. We are appalled and disgusted about Janet's behavior, and if you want to call that "judging", so be it. If criticizing someone for promoting the killings of thousands upon thousands of animals to make a quick buck is judgemental, then being judgemental is just the right thing, if you ask me. However, I tend to disagree about the meaning of that term.

Yes, Michael was judged for dangling Blanket over the balcony. That was not nice. But let me show you the difference: As Michael himself said, he got caught up in the excitement of the moment. When Janet got together with Blackglama for the first campaign, did she get caught up in the excitement of the moment? How about when she did the second campaign? And how about when she decided to launch her own fur line with Blackglama, knowing well that thousands of animals will be killed in her name? Yes, I guess she just got caught up in the excitement.

Poor Janet. I can't believe I criticized her about this. We all make mistakes, being responsible for a bunch of animals being slaughtered for vanity and money really is no big deal at all.

P.S.: When you're attacking us for "judging" Janet, when you point out the media was wrong for judging Michael, what are you doing? You're criticizing our behavior, the media's behavior, as we're criticizing Janet's. When you think it's wrong and judgemental to simply point out that somebody is wrong about something, then you shouldn't be trying to tell us right either. "#EPICFAIL", right?
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:12:50 PM by Bee Bee
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 12:48:07 PM

Don't you think you're overreacting a little? Nobody, nobody in this thread has thrown any rocks at Janet. Some people value the lives of living creatures more than someone's freedom to do whatever the heck they want to at the expense of others - thousands of innocent animals in this case. We are appalled and disgusted about Janet's behavior, and if you want to call that "judging", so be it. If criticizing someone for promoting the killings of thousands upon thousands of animals to make a quick buck is judgemental, then being judgemental is just the right thing, if you ask me. However, I tend to disagree about the meaning of that term.

Yes, Michael was judged for dangling Blanket over the balcony. That was not nice. But let me show you the difference: As Michael himself said, he got caught up in the excitement of the moment. When Janet got together with Blackglama for the first campaign, did she get caught up in the excitement of the moment? How about when she did the second campaign? And how about when she decided to launch her own fur line with Blackglama, knowing well that thousands of animals will be killed in her name? Yes, I guess she just got caught up in the excitement.

Poor Janet. I can't believe I criticized her about this. We all make mistakes, being responsible for a bunch of animals being slaughtered for vanity and money really is no big deal at all.

P.S.: When you're attacking us for "judging" Janet, when you point out the media was wrong for judging Michael, what are you doing? You're criticizing our behavior, the media's behavior, as we're criticizing Janet's. When you think it's wrong and judgemental to simply point out that somebody is wrong about something, then you shouldn't be trying to tell us right either. "#EPICFAIL", right?

I stand on my statement, and I will reiterate one major point I made about this thread...

Show me where criticizing Janet's decision has stopped cruelty against animals?
(waiting :|)

Other than judging her for her behavior what have YOU done to educate people about and encourage them to take a stand against animal cruelty?

Anyone can sit back and throw words around or criticize someone's decisions, be it right or wrong, permanent or "in the moment".

.....but what have YOU done to stop animal cruelty?

It is easy to criticize what someone did wrong...a better person would spend time trying to fix the problem!
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:59:17 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 01:13:29 PM

I stand on my statement, and I will reiterate one major point I made about this thread...

Other than judging her for her behavior what have YOU done to educate people about and encourage them to take a stand against animal cruelty?

Anyone can sit back and throw words around or criticize someone's decisions, be it right or wrong, permanent or "in the moment".

Voicing your opinion is never malicious, unless you're offensive. Nor is it unproductive, as you might reach somebody with a similar opinion or even convince somebody about something you care about.

What I do to stop animal cruelty? Sorry, I don't really see how this has anything to do with my right to criticize someone who's making money selling a bunch of 'fashionable' dead animals. One thing to do against animal cruelty is, for example, to NOT wear, buy or promote fur. Anyway, in case you're serious and you really want to know, I do not wear fur, I'm a vegetarian, I donate to animal welfare organizations and I even used to be a PETA member. I speak out against animal cruelty whenever I can, as I've been doing on this thread. In case you haven't seen, I've also posted information about how many animals are killed for one fur coat to make people aware of the extent of this issue. And even if I'm not reaching anyone with what I say against fur and against Janet's decision to cash in on this barbaric industry, I will never ever keep silent about it because I simply consider shutting your mouth and saying "yes and Amen" to everything people do (including Michael's little sister) WRONG and insipid.

Nobody's been attacking Janet on this thread, calling her names or throwing rotten tomatoes at her. However, when you're passionate about something, you will not keep quiet even if nobody's listening. The reason behind this thread was not to stone Janet nor was it to change the world. If people can be reached, fine, if not, fine.

And I can't believe I'm defending myself. Not wearing fur and cashing in on it is enough to entitle you the right to criticize somebody for doing the opposite, and everybody has a right to voice that opinion. That is not malicious or unproductive, it's simply right. And you know a very good reason why? BECAUSE ANIMALS DO NOT HAVE A VOICE.
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:18:19 PM by Bee Bee
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tomorrow

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:26:11 PM

Voicing your opinion is never malicious, unless you're offensive. Nor is it unproductive, as you might reach somebody with a similar opinion or even convince somebody about something you care about.

What I do to stop animal cruelty? Sorry, I don't really see how this has anything to do with my right to criticize someone who's making money selling a bunch of 'fashionable' dead animals. One thing to do against animal cruelty is, for example, to NOT wear, buy or promote fur. Anyway, in case you're serious and you really want to know, I do not wear fur, I'm a vegetarian, I donate to animal welfare organizations and I even used to be a PETA member. I speak out against animal cruelty whenever I can, as I've been doing on this thread. In case you haven't seen, I've also posted information about how many animals are killed for one fur coat to make people aware of the extent of this issue. And even if I'm not reaching anyone with what I say against fur and against Janet's decision to cash in on this barbaric industry, I will never ever keep silent about it because I simply consider shutting your mouth and saying "yes and Amen" to everything people do (including Michael's little sister) WRONG and insipid.

Nobody's been attacking Janet on this thread, calling her names or throwing rotten tomatoes at her. However, when you're passionate about something, you will not keep quiet even if nobody's listening. The reason behind this thread was not to stone Janet nor was it to change the world. If people can be reached, fine, if not, fine.

And I can't believe I'm defending myself. Not wearing fur and cashing in on it is enough to entitle you the right to criticize somebody for doing the opposite, and everybody has a right to voice that opinion. That is not malicious or unproductive, it's simply right. And you know a very good reason why? BECAUSE ANIMALS DO NOT HAVE A VOICE.

Perhaps you may want to consider starting an animal rights forum. Clearly this is something yourself and others are passionate about. It would do the animal rights cause more justice than here on a HOAX forum.

p.s. I have also responded to your PM. typing/
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:33:23 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 01:38:16 PM

Perhaps you may want to consider starting an animal rights forum. Clearly this is something yourself and others are passionate about. It would do the animal rights cause more justice than here on a HOAX forum.

Are you trying to say, "This is not the appropriate place to be speaking out against fur"? Janet fans tell you the same thing when you bring this up on her pages. See, the sad thing is, though... Animal rights forums are usually read by animal rights advocates. I'm sorry if you feel annoyed by our rants but you're free to ignore them, you know? In my opinion, any place is the right place to criticize cruelty. The ones suffering from it will probably agree.

I hate fighting with people over the internet as to what can be said where and what can't. If Janet can wear fur in California, each and every one of us can be speaking out against that in each and every forum, any time, any place.

Peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tomorrow

trublu

December 08, 2011, 01:49:36 PM
Well said Bee Bee.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:50:37 PM

Are you trying to say, "This is not the appropriate place to be speaking out against fur"? Janet fans tell you the same thing when you bring this up on her pages. See, the sad thing is, though... Animal rights forums are usually read by animal rights advocates. I'm sorry if you feel annoyed by our rants but you're free to ignore them, you know? In my opinion, any place is the right place to criticize cruelty. The ones suffering from it will probably agree.

I hate fighting with people over the internet as to what can be said where and what can't. If Janet can wear fur in California, each and every one of us can be speaking out against that in each and every forum, any time, any place.

Peace.

You're 100% right.

Why start a forum no one will pay attention to? Then again who knew anyone would pay attention to a Death Hoax forum....so why bother trying right?

My apologies for even attempting to find a solution to the problem.

Peace to you also. respect/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 02:12:52 PM

Peace.

You're 100% right.

Why start a forum no one will pay attention to? Then again who knew anyone would pay attention to a Death Hoax forum....so why bother trying right?

Well, you certainly paid attention. ;) Anyway, how would you know none of us has started an animal rights forum or is active in one?

Yes, peace. My bed's calling.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tomorrow

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 02:22:59 PM

Peace.

You're 100% right.

Well, you certainly paid attention. ;) Anyway, how would you know none of us has started an animal rights forum or is active in one?

Yes, peace. My bed's calling.

If there is such a forum, I'd love to know about it and help promote it (as I'm sure others would also)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 02:28:15 PM
This is sickening. Janet, please don't. What's the difference between skinning an animal and skinning a child? You wouldn't skin a child.. right? How are animals any different? They don't have a voice, animal rights advocates are their voice. Why would anyone skin a defenseless, innocent creature from God just so they can look cute? ESPECIALLY when there's faux fur that looks/feels the same. I'm not going to judge Janet over this, and call her any names, but I do hope she realizes what she's doing and stops it. :cry:

I've cried so many tears over animal abuse, and I don't want someone I respect as much I respect Janet to be the cause of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2011, 02:51:28 PM
This is sickening. Janet, please don't. What's the difference between skinning an animal and skinning a child? You wouldn't skin a child.. right? How are animals any different? They don't have a voice, animal rights advocates are their voice. Why would anyone skin a defenseless, innocent creature from God just so they can look cute? ESPECIALLY when there's faux fur that looks/feels the same. I'm not going to judge Janet over this, and call her any names, but I do hope she realizes what she's doing and stops it. :cry:

I've cried so many tears over animal abuse, and I don't want someone I respect as much I respect Janet to be the cause of it.

Perhaps if fans "collectively" signed a petition addressing this issue, then something could be resolved.

While we could all sit here and individually express judgement and displeasure with Janet, but it all falls on "deaf ears" and nothing gets accomplished.

We don't need to know animal cruelty is wrong (preaching to the choir), THEY do!

It's more than just about Michael's plan to save the planet, it's EVERYTHING.

Things don't change on their own...we have to MAKE THINGS CHANGE.

Blackglama is an institution that has been supported for years by many celebrities....and no one calls them on their philosophy. :?
Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:01:03 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2011, 03:40:19 PM
While I know it might be entirely useless, it is worth a try.

I've created a petition: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Feels kind of stupid, as if Janet was the only person in the world responsible for the suffering of animals... But I do feel we have to reach her in a way. Wake her up. She supposedly cares about animals. If she has stopped caring, maybe she does care about her fans and her image? If we managed to get some people to sign, maybe she would realise she's on the wrong track.

Please sign.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions